PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Indy Game

NederlandTexan
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Want to send a message, other than on this board? Stay home Christmas eve.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
what would that accomplish? tickets are already bought for some?

The Dream
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
I agree...it's not like you'll be going to enjoy a good game anyway.

The Dream
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
yes the tickets are bought, but it would still send a message to the texans that if they don't shape up that this fan base will not support them.

NederlandTexan
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Not selling dogs and beer, sends a message.

Johnny Utah
12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I've got tickets for the last two games and have already decided that I'm not going to either. As a matter of fact I'm not going to another Texans game while David Carr is the starting QB.

Texans34Life
12-17-2006, 05:00 PM
No fans in stands = sending message to Texans that we don't give a crap until changes are made.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 05:02 PM
yes the tickets are bought, but it would still send a message to the texans that if they don't shape up that this fan base will not support them.

Our tickets are supposedly 'sold' but after this game, I wont believe it until the proverbial brass is in pocket.

Maybe Carr will pull a Sandy Koufax and sit out the game....that would be a real Christmas miracle for all of us

The Dream
12-17-2006, 05:06 PM
everyone needs to forget about the texans and watch the domination of Yao on Channel 51...the rockets are up by 10, and Yao is playing out of his mind.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I suggested to my co-season ticket holder that we show up, place "on strike" signs on our seats, and leave.

That idea was not well received.

aj.
12-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Bob McNair passes within 10 feet of me before every home game. Most of my comments to him over the years have been supportive and cordial. He's returned pleasantries many times. Sunday, he's going to hear me say two things: 1) "why should I renew my season tickets next year?" and 2) "it's time to cut your losses at QB like you did with Gary Walker, Todd Wade, and Robaire Smith"

TexansJunkE
12-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Since the Texans haven't shown up the majority of the season,I'm not showing up the last 2 games either. So this time it's mutual!:gun:

TexanSam
12-17-2006, 05:41 PM

I think they already no that. The Texans aren't screwing up on purpose. It's not like they're trying to send a message to us. Bob McNair, Kubiak, the players, etc...they all want to win just as much as we, the fans, want them too.

belars44
12-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Bob McNair passes within 10 feet of me before every home game. Most of my comments to him over the years have been supportive and cordial. He's returned pleasantries many times. Sunday, he's going to hear me say two things: 1) "why should I renew my season tickets next year?" and 2) "it's time to cut your losses at QB like you did with Gary Walker, Todd Wade, and Robaire Smith"

Agreed. That is exactly why I will be at the game. Because unlike the organization that claims tradition by announcing players before games and then stopping it, I will continue to attend every game. However, I will be there to make sure I voice my displeasure to all parties involved on the field.

OzzO
12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
... and miss BVP start? Are you crazy? I'm there.

On the other hand, I'll be filling up during the tailgate, so Aramark will be going down the tubes w/o my support.

afcman
12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I'd rather go to a bad NFL game than any other sport, especially the NBA.

I would go and hold a sign up stating how you feel.

So what should you put on the sign?

gwallaia
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM

Well, atleast AJ will be at the game. And yes, even I will be at the game as well.

DontTreadOnMe
12-17-2006, 06:43 PM

amen to that...

Mr. White
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Rather than boycotting the entire game, I would recommend a walkout with 8 minutes left in the game.

Orioles fans did it to show displeasure with their front office and so did Lions fans.

If you don't care anymore, you just won't go to the game anyway. If you do care, then walk out. It'd be a good way of showing support for the guys on the field while sending a message to the front office.

mexican_texan
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Boycotting hurts the fans more than the owner. The owner still gets the money, but there are thousands of empty seats that less fortunate people would want.

mexican_texan
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Rather than boycotting the entire game, I would recommend a walkout with 8 minutes left in the game.

Orioles fans did it to show displeasure with their front office and so did Lions fans.

If you don't care anymore, you just won't go to the game anyway. If you do care, then walk out. It'd be a good way of showing support for the guys on the field while sending a message to the front office.
I support the team, but not David Carr. I suggest "Carr Sucks" chants...or boo loudly anytime he does anything.

aj.
12-17-2006, 06:54 PM

There are thousands who do that whether we're winning or losing [gotta beat that traffic] so no one would really notice anything out of the ordinary with that strategy...

Cindy
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Even without a boycott, the place will be pretty empty. :brickwall

edo783
12-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Given that it's Christmass eve, I doubt there will/would be many fans there anyway. About half full at best. Probably more like about 20-25K.

profan
12-17-2006, 07:50 PM
i have eight seats and i will not be going to the remaining games.

NederlandTexan
12-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I think they already no that. The Texans aren't screwing up on purpose. It's not like they're trying to send a message to us. Bob McNair, Kubiak, the players, etc...they all want to win just as much as we, the fans, want them too.

With this logic, I am supposed to go back to the same restaurant week after week, year after year, when they serve really bad food, at inflated prices. No thanks.

Bullpen Drew
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I suggested to my co-season ticket holder that we show up, place "on strike" signs on our seats, and leave.

That idea was not well received.

That is not a bad idea!

Actually it looks like the paper bags might be coming out this weekend...........

yourfavoritetexan42
12-17-2006, 08:51 PM
lol...lets let the texans know we don't appreciate them even though we already bought the tickets...they made just as much money with us not in the stands as they would with...thatll show them....

yall act like they aren't trying or something... and honestly did all of yall think first year head coach of a 2-14 team would win more than 5 games? because i didnt. Especially with 70% of our offensive line out with injury, our starting running back out with an injury, a majority of our interior linemen, and our whole offense and defense learning a new system. Yeah blah blah blah they get paid so much to learn a new system and its not hard learning a new system... I played and it took our team a few year to learn a new 3-4 defense from a 4-3...and I imagine the transition back is just as hard. I didn't play offense but I imagine that offense would be twice as hard.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Fans quitting in Houston?

Never thought Id see that *rolls eyes*

jdog
12-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Actually, this is the only game that I will get to be at all season.

Does this mean no tailgating either?

Blake
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
As a matter of fact I'm not going to another Texans game while David Carr is the starting QB.

Great minds think alike. I have tickets to the Indy game, and have no interest in watching a David Carr led team try and play Indy. David Carr takes away any chance our team has of beating Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts.

If Carr gets benched, I will show up. If David Carr doesnt get traded, I will NOT renew my season Tickets.

Johnny Utah
12-17-2006, 09:24 PM

Did you see the Texans quit out there against the Patriots today? I'm not going to be a sucker and support a team that quits. Go ahead if you want to.

TexanSam
12-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Great minds think alike. I have tickets to the Indy game, and have no interest in watching a David Carr led team try and play Indy. David Carr takes away any chance our team has of beating Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts.

If Carr gets benched, I will show up. If David Carr doesnt get traded, I will NOT renew my season Tickets.

What if they have a really good draft and sign some good quality free agents?

Speedy
12-17-2006, 09:49 PM
lol...lets let the texans know we don't appreciate them even though we already bought the tickets...they made just as much money with us not in the stands as they would with...thatll show them....

yall act like they aren't trying or something... and honestly did all of yall think first year head coach of a 2-14 team would win more than 5 games? because i didnt. Especially with 70% of our offensive line out with injury, our starting running back out with an injury, a majority of our interior linemen, and our whole offense and defense learning a new system. Yeah blah blah blah they get paid so much to learn a new system and its not hard learning a new system... I played and it took our team a few year to learn a new 3-4 defense from a 4-3...and I imagine the transition back is just as hard. I didn't play offense but I imagine that offense would be twice as hard.Great post but you're wasting your time with this crowd.

awtysst
12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
For those of us that do not live in Houston and have to go to a sportsbar to watch our fav team, I say if you dont want to go, give/sell your tickets who would love to go. I wouyld LOVE to go to the game, but the fact is I live out here in Denver. I understand that alot of yall get to go to a lot fo games and i can understand your frustration, but think how fortunate you are that you have the ability to get to the game and the money to pay for those tix. If you do not want to go, how about giving them to someone who would? How about donating your tickets to some worthy cause? You would be able brighten up someone's holiday!

gameguy89
12-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Actually, this is the only game that I will get to be at all season.

Does this mean no tailgating either?

I'm almost in the same boat as you, with one exception: I went to the Dallas game as well. Oh, and I know I'm tailgating. I'll be outside throwing a football around... maybe the Texans will send some scouts out and pick me up for a game. Can't hurt, right?

Ole Miss Texan
12-17-2006, 11:52 PM
I think not going at to the game at all would...

1) hurt concessions/merchandise sales.
2) the little media we do get would still be negative. They wouldn't say "oh they are telling the front office something." They would say "I know it has to be tough being a texans fan, but even more so a texan player who is bustin their butt out their every day every week and the fans don't even support them. it's really sad when that happens. why did the nfl grant houston a team again...remember the oilers? ..yadda yadda yadda. "

Go to the game and hold up a sign of who you want us to draft next year.

mexican_texan
12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll help give your tix to the willing.

Mr. B
12-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Well gotta go for the Tailgating and since its Christmas can hope that maybe, just maybe a little Christmas Miracle will happen and we beat the Colts.

If nothing else I'll enjoy my friends and watch the Colts Offense in Action. If you put your likes or dislikes aside you can actually just watch their offense and see some really precision stuff.

B

dtran04
12-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I'll gladly take the tix.

Blake
12-18-2006, 12:26 AM
What if they have a really good draft and sign some good quality free agents?

I actually think they will have a good draft, and bring in some quality FA's, but as long as David is the QB, this team is going to suffer. You just cant have a player that makes these kinds of decisions running your offense. Its not like Carr is a role player, he is the quarterback. He is the man that touches the ball every freaking play. I dont think ive ever seen a superbowl winning QB, that turns the ball over as much as he does. Plus the QB has to make SOME plays. I mean, 1 touchdown in 7 games is a joke. Vick just threw 4 against the Cowboys, and we get 1 in 7 games, in mop up time.

I know Kubiak likes the kid, and he does have nice measurables. But if the kid cant make the right decisions, and make the right throws, then it doesnt matter how gifted you are in those other areas.

Please get me a new quarterback. Please give me a sliver of hope on gameday.

Keyser Soze
12-18-2006, 01:13 AM
I'd rather go to a bad NFL game than any other sport, especially the NBA.

+1

I'll be there. I'm always there. I just wish someday would come when the bad football we go to see is the visiting team...

NRowl
12-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Go to the game but turn your back to the field when the offense/Carr is playing. Royals fans did it to the Yankees a few years back.

StarStruck
12-18-2006, 02:52 AM
I think not going at to the game at all would...

1) hurt concessions/merchandise sales.
2) the little media we do get would still be negative. They wouldn't say "oh they are telling the front office something." They would say "I know it has to be tough being a texans fan, but even more so a texan player who is bustin their butt out their every day every week and the fans don't even support them. it's really sad when that happens. why did the nfl grant houston a team again...remember the oilers? ..yadda yadda yadda. "

Go to the game and hold up a sign of who you want us to draft next year.

1. Good, too expensive for food that is as bad as the team.
2. Media attention is already as negative as it can get. How much more negative can commentators be than saying passing on VY and Bush equals Dumb and Dumber. I watch mostly sports shows, and trust me none of them are saying anything remotely close to "a Texan player who is bustin their butt out their every week and the fans don't even support them."

I am not going to boycott the game this Sunday because lately it has been a chance to get out the the house but still manage to get a lot of paper work done. I will probably do more of the same next game or take that good book I haven't had the chance to start reading.

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Go to the game but turn your back to the field when the offense/Carr is playing. Royals fans did it to the Yankees a few years back.

Holy Cow!!!!! How the hell did the fans plan for that one to get everyone to do it???

TD
12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I was an Oilers season ticket holder through some pretty lean years and it never once occurred to me to boycott a game. Any of you boycotters who are wondering why Cleveland got their new team instantly and Houston didn't need to look in the mirror. All this kind of thing does is vindicate Bud Adams for leaving.

At any rate, I doubt there is anything the fans can do to make management want to win more than they already do. I'd bet they're harder on themselves at this point than we could ever be.

gwallaia
12-18-2006, 10:07 AM
At least the Houston fans have a team to boycott. Remember a few years ago, there was nothing for you people to be pissed about.

jerek
12-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I think that is an excellent idea. As I intend to go to the game and enjoy it as much as I possibly can, there is nothing more disgraceful than sharing a stadium with a bunch of spoiled rich "fans" showing up with derogatory signs, yelling profanities at players, or generally carrying on like rabid monkeys.

If you don't like the team, stay home. Do something you enjoy this Sunday, if you don't enjoy watching Texans games. Sell or give your tickets to someone who would enjoy going. I'd much rather look at empty seats than to see a bunch of adults throwing three-hour temper tantrums.

dirty steve
12-18-2006, 10:38 AM
I think that is an excellent idea. As I intend to go to the game and enjoy it as much as I possibly can, there is nothing more disgraceful than sharing a stadium with a bunch of spoiled rich "fans" showing up with derogatory signs, yelling profanities at players, or generally carrying on like rabid monkeys.

If you don't like the team, stay home. Do something you enjoy this Sunday, if you don't enjoy watching Texans games. Sell or give your tickets to someone who would enjoy going. I'd much rather look at empty seats than to see a bunch of adults throwing three-hour temper tantrums.
Bravo. I plan on going to the game and don't want to see anybody there who is afraid of the Texans "ruining their Christmas."

Texan_Bill
12-18-2006, 10:43 AM
I will be there (as usual and since day one) in full regalia and ready to cheer my hometown team on... I won't let the outcome of the game ruin my Christmas either...

Note to self:
*Be carefull on the amount of adult beverages that morning and afternoon, 'cause we celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve.*

dirty steve
12-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Not sure of what you are trying to say here. Understandable for fans in Kansas City to protest the Yankees, since the Yankees play in New York. But for you to turn your back on the offense, even if you don't like certain players on it, is a joke. Remember, there are other guys on that side of that ball who go out there and bust their tails and would have a right to feel offended if they saw that.

Of course, this is all easy for you to say because you won't even be going to the game.

jerek
12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Bravo. I plan on going to the game and don't want to see anybody there who is afraid of the Texans "ruining their Christmas."

I just don't understand the immaturity of some people, or the thought process that continues to pay for and show up to games (key word, game) on Sunday and then spend the other six days of the week complaining about games. You would think that it is simple and logical to reason that you should stop paying so much money for a product you don't enjoy. I would find something else to do with my Sunday besides eat traffic and a healthy portion of my salary if I didn't genuinely enjoy going to the games, win or lose. As much as it ate my shorts watching VY beat the Texans and prance around our field last week, it was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to. I personally feel privileged that I am able to attend -- financially and physically -- and the day I stop feeling that is the day I stop going.

I want to see W's and I enjoy the games a lot more when we win, but I don't enjoy sharing seats with a bunch of grown whiners. A lot of "fans" need to refresh themselves on the concept of "fan." Part of going to games is the idea that, in showing support for your players, you are an encouragement to them to play better. The idea of the "12th man," an idea that as a former college athlete, I am very familiar with. Frankly most players hate losing a lot more than you do, and I would rather be traded than play in front of a bunch of people who don't understand the game or my job in the first place, and feel its their right to act like a friggin cage of monkeys each and every time they perceive I make a mistake.

So sure, you buy the tickets, it's your right to use them as you see fit, within the boundaries of law. Good taste or class are not a requisite for purchase, no matter how much I might like them to be. I'm merely suggesting that there are better ways to elicit improvement and a more enjoyable experience. An important component of that process starts with a long, hard look in the mirror.

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 11:14 AM
At least the Houston fans have a team to boycott. Remember a few years ago, there was nothing for you people to be pissed about.

That i agree with, being i KNOW whats its like to not have a team:dontknowa

BigWig
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Agreed. That is exactly why I will be at the game. Because unlike the organization that claims tradition by announcing players before games and then stopping it, I will continue to attend every game. However, I will be there to make sure I voice my displeasure to all parties involved on the field.
WOO HOO, I am going to watch the game just to see this. I know you will do a gr8 job, I have been missing your sarcasm from our now defunct Austin Watch parties.

BigWig
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
You could also have signs like they do at the Superbowl, maybe white cards to hold up and then it will look like a whiteout. I was at SB38 when we had to hold up cards and it spelled out something or made a picture.

jdog
12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
All I want for Christmas is a sack of P. Manning!

powerfuldragon
12-18-2006, 11:59 AM
don't boycott the game. that's just stupid.

real
12-18-2006, 12:05 PM

Fans not supporting a team in the Texans current situation is not something specific to Houston...

hobie
12-18-2006, 12:06 PM
My take is this....you want to boycott, fine, don't go. That is your right if you have tickets...You also have the right to turn your backs on them if they play like crap and face the other way, you can leave at halftime, or anytime before hand, again, your rights to do so.

But you be better off just not going, stay home, do a crossword, play with your kids, something, just boycott the team 100% and do not go.

Suggesting that other do the same is like you not liking the rules of the game and taking your ball and leaving. Just don't go, don't watch, don't post..boycott everything the rest of the year, getting others to follow is childish....

NederlandTexan
12-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Suggesting that other do the same is like you not liking the rules of the game and taking your ball and leaving. Just don't go, don't watch, don't post..boycott everything the rest of the year, getting others to follow is childish....

They already have my money. I can't get a refund for a defunct product. To ignore there is a problem with this franchise is not something I will remain silent about any longer. You call it childish, your choice. I refuse to put on the happy face, bury my head in the sand, and pretend everything is great with the Texans. Civil disobedience is my choice, like it or not. :tease:

grinch1134
12-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Those interested in boycotting, please forward your tickets to me. PM me through this board and I will pick up your tickets. I can find people to fill those seats. Man up and stop crying when your team sux. Forget all the what if we had this guy or sat this one. The staduim is already not full during games, so you not going there isn't going to change a thing. Yes it is frustrating that this is happening for yet another year, crying and turning your back doesn't change that. Sticking in there will make you feel so much better when we finally get on the right track.

I use to not be such a hardcore fan, but all you cry babies are changing that real fast.

While your jumpin' off I ride this train til the end.

TD
12-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Fans not supporting a team in the Texans current situation is not something specific to Houston...

No, but does Houston want to be considered a quality NFL city like Cleveland, KC, an Green Bay or be lumped in with places like Arizona, Jacksonville, & Atlanta?

Fans choice.

NederlandTexan
12-18-2006, 12:26 PM

I have a team that I'm disgusted with. If they continue down this same path, stay or not, I won't care.

Keyser Soze
12-18-2006, 12:31 PM
They already have my money. I can't get a refund for a defunct product. To ignore there is a problem with this franchise is not something I will remain silent about any longer.

Shall we allow them at least one draft without Casserly before lighting the torches at midnight? (Figuratively speaking of course)

And it's not necessarily a defunct product. Dysfunctional yes, but defunct no.

NederlandTexan
12-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Those interested in boycotting, please forward your tickets to me. PM me through this board and I will pick up your tickets. I can find people to fill those seats. Man up and stop crying when your team sux. Forget all the what if we had this guy or sat this one. The staduim is already not full during games, so you not going there isn't going to change a thing. Yes it is frustrating that this is happening for yet another year, crying and turning your back doesn't change that. Sticking in there will make you feel so much better when we finally get on the right track.

I use to not be such a hardcore fan, but all you cry babies are changing that real fast.

While your jumpin' off I ride this train til the end.

I applaud your blind faith friend. I, however put a substantial amount of money in tickets and travel to and from and I expect more return for my buck. You want tickets, drop a couple thousand on PSL's and another G and tell me it don't make you mad.:ok:

dirty steve
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
I just don't understand the immaturity of some people, or the thought process that continues to pay for and show up to games (key word, game) on Sunday and then spend the other six days of the week complaining about games. You would think that it is simple and logical to reason that you should stop paying so much money for a product you don't enjoy. I would find something else to do with my Sunday besides eat traffic and a healthy portion of my salary if I didn't genuinely enjoy going to the games, win or lose. As much as it ate my shorts watching VY beat the Texans and prance around our field last week, it was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to. I personally feel privileged that I am able to attend -- financially and physically -- and the day I stop feeling that is the day I stop going.

I want to see W's and I enjoy the games a lot more when we win, but I don't enjoy sharing seats with a bunch of grown whiners. A lot of "fans" need to refresh themselves on the concept of "fan." Part of going to games is the idea that, in showing support for your players, you are an encouragement to them to play better. The idea of the "12th man," an idea that as a former college athlete, I am very familiar with. Frankly most players hate losing a lot more than you do, and I would rather be traded than play in front of a bunch of people who don't understand the game or my job in the first place, and feel its their right to act like a friggin cage of monkeys each and every time they perceive I make a mistake.

So sure, you buy the tickets, it's your right to use them as you see fit, within the boundaries of law. Good taste or class are not a requisite for purchase, no matter how much I might like them to be. I'm merely suggesting that there are better ways to elicit improvement and a more enjoyable experience. An important component of that process starts with a long, hard look in the mirror.

right on. nobody is forcing these people who constantly whine about the goings at 1 Reliant Park to keep renewing their tickets or buying them at the general on sale dates. what convinced you to renew your seats from last year? i might be way off here, but some of you are probably the same people who were wanting to drop their seats at the end of last year. you bought the seats in the hope that this year would a fresh beginning...hopefully shedding the skin of the Capers-Casserly era. i mean, what did everybody expect, 8-8, 9-7? while i had higher hopes record and performance wise, i knew this thing would take longer than one year. you cant fix everything in one year. real fans stick through the tough times and have a right to constructively criticize the team to a point. but when all you do is come up with played out references to Carr's name (i.e.: Broken Carr) or continue to pine over the fact that saint vince isn't wearing battle Red, it gets old real quick.

put your money where your mouth is and don't renew. there is going to be somebody there to take your place.

real
12-18-2006, 12:38 PM
No, but does Houston want to be considered ...

Your opinions do not reflect the city....You may not want to be a certain way.....

Doesn't mean the rest of the city cares as much about "being like GB, KC, or Clevland.....

If you have a friend.....and that friend is always getting into trouble....over and over again......the first few times you're going to help him out as much as you can.....he's your friend so you support him.....

But if that friend refuses to change his ways, and keeps making the same bonehead decision over and over again, eventually you're going to sit him down and tell him that you can't keep going out of your way to help someone who isn't helping their self....

If you can do that to a friend, imagine how easy it is to stop supporting a team...

dirty steve
12-18-2006, 12:40 PM
I applaud your blind faith friend. I, however put a substantial amount of money in tickets and travel to and from and I expect more return for my buck. You want tickets, drop a couple thousand on PSL's and another G and tell me it don't make you mad.:ok:
nobody cares how much you spend on your PSL's. just because you spend more on tickets doesnt give anymore right to feel jilted or let down than joe fan who buys his tickets off ebay or at the general on sale dates.

there are three things you could do to make life easier on yourself:
1. move closer to Houston.
2. dont renew your tickets
3. quit letting everybody know how much you spend on tickets.

jerek
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
They already have my money. I can't get a refund for a defunct product. To ignore there is a problem with this franchise is not something I will remain silent about any longer. You call it childish, your choice. I refuse to put on the happy face, bury my head in the sand, and pretend everything is great with the Texans. Civil disobedience is my choice, like it or not. :tease:

Last year I spent $500ish (a couple days takehome for me) on a Rockets 14-game pak, and I don't even like the Rockets that much (I don't watch the NBA much until Spurs playoff basketball rolls around.) The Rockets were utterly horrible and I didn't even go to the last six games. The games were boring if not painful to watch, I had a bunch of other things I could and needed to do with my time any way, and I simply cut my losses and moved on.

Rather than picket their front office and MB with my whinery ever since, I made a simple choice: I won't spend that money on Rockets tickets again; at least not until I feel I would enjoy the product sufficiently to justify the expenditure.

The distinction is obvious, if not evidently so difficult to embrace. You're certainly free to spend your money as you see fit, and this is the last I'll say on it, but I don't understand why people would willingly continue to flush their money on a so-called "defunct product." Who's ineptitude does that speak more toward: the Texans for fielding a bad product, or you for insisting on your right to buy it?

grinch1134
12-18-2006, 12:57 PM

Funny how you assumed I don't make it to nearly all the games (over retail from ticket brokers). And my drive is further than yours. I have a life outside of the Texans so some times my schedule doesn't work out to buy season tickets. You on the other hand decided to spend money for a seasons worth of football when the Texans haven't given a winning season since they began. You made the poor decision, not the Texans. I have tickets for sunday I just know a lot of better fans than you that would be willing to fill those seats the crybabies are giving up.

Keep your thousand dollars and spend it at the Circle K in Nederland. Maybe they will get you a franchise.

Johnny Utah
12-18-2006, 01:06 PM
I have tickets for sunday I just know a lot of better fans than you that would be willing to fill those seats the crybabies are giving up.

I don't think you understand the purpose of people with tickets not wanting to go. I don't want a cheering fan to be in my seat, I want my seat to be vacant to send a message to McNair that it's time to change the QB. His comments about this team last week disturbed me and I don't think he gets it.

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
I like the idea of a walk-out. I think that would be classic and really say something about how we feel. Get there early beafore kick-off, and right before the Texans take the field, walk-out. Like someone said earlier, they don't show up, why should we. I have had tickets since day one and I have had enough. Yes, they have their money for the seats and parking, but concessions are a huge money maker, but that's irrelevent. We have to show our displeasure and have it documented on TV. Can you imagine ESPN showing 60,000 people leaving a game right when it starts? I'm giddy just thinking about it.

Keyser Soze
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't want a cheering fan to be in my seat, I want my seat to be vacant to send a message to McNair that it's time to change the QB. His comments about this team last week disturbed me and I don't think he gets it.

Do you suppose McNair is trying to put on a brave face, in the vain hopes he can get something for Carr in the offseason? For sure, he has nothing to gain by belittling Carr. After all, you don't go to the dealer and tell him "I'm here to trade in this hunk of junk. The tranny slips and the brakes are shot. Oh yeah, it burns about a quart of oil every time you start it. But I want you to give me better than book value on it."

hobie
12-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Can you imagine ESPN showing 60,000 people leaving a game right when it starts? I'm giddy just thinking about it.

Do you really think that would be shown on tv? It takes well into the 2nd qtr. before most of the seats are filled anyways, and being Xmas eve day, well for certain it won't be like that.

Actually it makes you look even dumber for taking the time to get ready, drive across Houston, get into your seats, wait until intro, THEN leave....If it was shown, I would not laugh at the team, I would be laughing at YOU !!

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Can you imagine ESPN showing 60,000 people leaving a game right when it starts? I'm giddy just thinking about it.

Do you really think that would be shown on tv? It takes well into the 2nd qtr. before most of the seats are filled anyways, and being Xmas eve day, well for certain it won't be like that.

Actually it makes you look even dumber for taking the time to get ready, drive across Houston, get into your seats, wait until intro, THEN leave....If it was shown, I would not laugh at the team, I would be laughing at YOU !!

Yea and Texas would just become another Red neck joke....Cause thats about what it sounds like...

HomeBred_Texan
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I would rather drink allot of beer and boycott the bathroom before I would ever consider boycotting MY team, the Texans. Win lose or draw, I will always support them...

hobie
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Yea and Texas would just become another Red neck joke....Cause thats about what it sounds like...

This is how it would go....

Phil Simms: Wow, take a look at this would ya Greg, it looks as if the fans are staging a walk out....

Greg: It sure does Phil, this is something else, I wonder why?

Phil: maybe cuz the idioits in Houston have nothing better to do than waste about 3 hours of thier time to do a stupid stunt like that...(chuckle,chuckle)

Greg: Well Phil, I am at a loss for words...I bet it is sending a signal to the front office though...

Phil: (still laughing) No way Greg, I bet Mr. McNair is laughing at them...

Greg: Now laughing...you're right Phil...you're right...laughing together..

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I would rather drink allot of beer and boycott the bathroom before I would ever consider boycotting MY team, the Texans. Win lose or draw, I will always support them...

Not only that, i don't think a handful of Texans posters would make too much of a difference leaving the game after the introductions......

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 01:41 PM
This is how it would go....

Phil Simms: Wow, take a look at this would ya Greg, it looks as if the fans are staging a walk out....

Greg: It sure does Phil, this is something else, I wonder why?

Phil: maybe cuz the idioits in Houston have nothing better to do than waste about 3 hours of thier time to do a stupid stunt like that...(chuckle,chuckle)

Greg: Well Phil, I am at a loss for words...I bet it is sending a signal to the front office though...

Phil: (still laughing) No way Greg, I bet Mr. McNair is laughing at them...

Greg: Now laughing...you're right Phil...you're right...laughing together..

LMAO...Thats about right...

fingers5
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Frankly most players hate losing a lot more than you do, and I would rather be traded than play in front of a bunch of people who don't understand the game or my job in the first place,

Amen Brother - I hear so many folks babbling about the fact that we will have to go out and get some 1st rate free agents - Lets ask the question then - Will free agents come here with fans who act like this

My personal opinion would be "no" - They want to go play in front of large crowds of rabid fans

I hate this team losing as much as the next guy, but come hell or high water I will be at the game or have the tickets in the hands of equally rowdy fans who will support the team - Maybe not a particular player, but the team

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 01:53 PM
You guys are hilarious. Hey, walking out is all about getting attention and making a point. To me its the difference between your kid throwing a tantrum in your living room, or in the checkout line at HEB. Attention, baby. How about this: When the Texans are on offense, go to the concourse level. When they play defense, take you seat.

hobie
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
You guys are hilarious. Hey, walking out is all about getting attention and making a point. To me its the difference between your kid throwing a tantrum in your living room, or in the checkout line at HEB. Attention, baby. How about this: When the Texans are on offense, go to the concourse level. When they play defense, take you seat.

Ok, well the time it takes me to get to the concourse the defense will be on the field again, so I am only making myself look the ***** walking back and forth, not to mention pissing off all those I have to walk in front of..

Boycotting does nothing to the team... it only is for YOUR well being. You don't like the fact walmart runs mom and pop stores out of business, don't go, boycott. You don't like the way you get service at a restaurant, don't go back, you don't like the way a team does things, AGAIN, don't go back !!

Not agreeing with what the team decides, just don't go, don't come on here and post, do not watch Sunday, do not buy any gear..nothing. That is a boycott. Stand true to your words and best of luck to you in your future, it was nice having you here before you boycotted. Good bye..

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
"Amen Brother - I hear so many folks babbling about the fact that we will have to go out and get some 1st rate free agents - Lets ask the question then - Will free agents come here with fans who act like this"

Let's see, the Saints fans were known to put bags over their heads. The city was decemated by a hurricane, the team was on the road for '05 and before the season, playing in NO for '06 and beyond was uncertain. No one knew what the crowds would be like. It took the commish to make them stay. With all that uncertainty NO was able to land some quality free agents, draft a few great players, and now they are the anti-Texans.

real
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Ok, well the time it takes me to get to the concourse the defense will be on the field again, so I am only making myself look the ***** walking back and forth, not to mention pissing off all those I have to walk in front of..

Boycotting does nothing to the team... it only is for YOUR well being. You don't like the fact walmart runs mom and pop stores out of business, don't go, boycott. You don't like the way you get service at a restaurant, don't go back, you don't like the way a team does things, AGAIN, don't go back !!

Not agreeing with what the team decides, just don't go, don't come on here and post, do not watch Sunday, do not buy any gear..nothing. That is a boycott. Stand true to your words and best of luck to you in your future, it was nice having you here before you boycotted. Good bye..

Thats not why people boycott....

The purpose of a boycott is to detract from their profits and force a change....

hobie
12-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Detract from thier profits and make a change....you actually think a walk out would accomplish that? The food alone is being boycotted every single game because it is awful, so where would the profit's take a hit? Tickets still get sold...regardless if butts are in the seats or not, the money has been received. That leaves gear, well unless people stop going into the Texans store at Reliant, it will be sold regardless, cuz those who do boycott and not renew thier seats, there is a waiting list for ones that will support the team. Ok, after that, concessions....well Aramark is doing a good job keeping people away on thier own, so they don't need the Texans bad play for that, so again, profit loss...where is it hurting them enough to make the change that they already don't know needs to be made..

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 02:21 PM

Boycotting does nothing to the team... it only is for YOUR well being. You don't like the fact walmart runs mom and pop stores out of business, don't go, boycott. You don't like the way you get service at a restaurant, don't goo back, you don't like the way a team does things, AGAIN, don't go back !!

You are missing the point and obviously have never demonstraded your displeasure before. Staying home does nothing. Mr. McNair will not notice me if I'm at home. You don't have to walk out, but hold up a sign, bag you face, just do something. What the fans did when VY came was exactly what they needed to do. Come to the game and let the Texans know they messed up. All those #10 Titan and UT jerseys sent a big message. I watched the game again when I got home and it was difficult for the cameras to get a good picture of the crowd w/o there being a #10 in there. I am a lifelong Houstonian and have cheered for the Oilers since the 70's. I was hurt when they left, but became excited when I heard we were getting a new team. I have to really make some promises to my wife each January when I have to justify why I need season tickets. Those tickets aren't cheap and they keep increasing so my debt to my wife keeps increasing. I need Mr.McNair to convince my wife why her husband should invest thousands of dollars in tickets and parking, plus several hundred more in food for tailgating, and hours away from home 8 Sundays in the fall. So dammit, I want a good product.

real
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Detract from thier profits and make a change....you actually think a walk out would accomplish that?

I never said that....I was just pointing out that your reasoning for a boycott wasn't entirley accurate....

But since we're going back and forth....

What is your suggestion ? Keep paying for a product you don't enjoy ?

I applaud those fans that will pay to see the Texans depite their record, but the majority of the fan base doesn't feel tht way....If you are suggesting that having a bad team doesn't affect profits, I call bull....

I don't understand why people are saying just shut up and take it....

No other purchase you make in life would you just shut up and take it, so I don't see why people are against fans showing their displeasure by various tactics....If you have paid for a product that is unsatisfactory, you let it be known....Just because you are o.k with going to the game and paying for a poor product doesn't mean everyone else has to take your stance....Once again....I applaud you for sticking through it....That shows loyalty and dedication, and that is missing in todays generation....but surely you can understand why some people would feel the need to show their displeasure....dont you ?

hobie
12-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Listen, I feel everyones pain, I do...had season tickets since day 1 as well. But you if you think McNair already doesn't know that the team is not good, and needs alot of help, well then you would be mistaken. Does he wish he had a playmaker at QB, what owner or HC doesn't want one. Did they miss the pick, maybe yes, maybe no..All we do know is Carr is not good.

Trust me as well when I say I have spent thousands of dollars as well and want a better product. Do as I do, write the team, stay on them, tell them of your displeasure personally, not by walking out, as there is no name associated with that, no direct link that shows YOUR displeasure. Will the letters work, who knows, but at least I do know I get mail and email back from them when I do write.

I am not sure if my points are coming across as the only ones by saying turning your back and walking out is wrong, what I want to say is that if season ticket holders and regular fans that go to games want to do it, that is your choice. But it serves more to give the Texans a name of who you are, season ticket holder or just a fan and explain it to them. A few peole walking out doesn't make it personal, a name does...And trust me, they will reply..As I do think they take thier fans here very serious.

Hey, do as you all see fit to protest , boycott, but more would get addressed if you sent a well thought out letter to the Texans organization telling them how you feel..

real
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Listen, I feel everyones pain, I do...had season tickets since day 1 as well. But you if you think McNair already doesn't know that the team is not good, and needs alot of help, well then you would be mistaken.

This is all I needed to read.....

I'm not sure if you already know, but last week McNair basically said Carr will be back next year no matter what....

He may know the team isn't good, but he also knows that a lot of fans dislike Carr....I think the real message of boycotting is....Carr goes, or we go......If McNair believes Carr will prove everyone wrong then he is also risking losing more of his fanbase that he hasn't already lost....

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I just don't want to be in the same sentance as the Lions, Cardinals, and 90's Bengals. I really feel for the Lions fan out there. You guys remain loyal and continue to tough it out season after season without ever getting any return for your investment.

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 02:46 PM
The problem is, we the fans won't know the Texans intentions until we have to make that 1st installment on our season tickets. I know that's just how it is, but I don't have to like it.

In all honesty, I don't think Carr wants to be here next year.

HOU-TEX
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
I just don't want to be in the same sentance as the Lions, Cardinals, and 90's Bengals. I really feel for the Lions fan out there. You guys remain loyal and continue to tough it out season after season without ever getting any return for your investment.

I hate to break it to you, but we've been there for the past 4 years.:)

ib4texans
12-18-2006, 02:51 PM
I'll be there and laughing my A** off at all you losers. We're going to run the ball all freakin day against Indy, Dayne's going to have 150 yds, Lundy 75 yds and Chris Taylor 45 yds. Go ahead and stay home, then you can wait another 4+ years to beat Indy.

hobie
12-18-2006, 02:53 PM
The problem is, we the fans won't know the Texans intentions until we have to make that 1st installment on our season tickets. .

That is a fact, I never have liked that, even though if you decide to not pay the second installment you will get your first one back. Kind of like holding your money in escrow. Too bad we couldn't say we need to have in writing who they intend to draft or get in FA before our first payment. Good faith agreements in a way.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Hmmmm. Just like the Oilers. Oh wait, WE DON'T HAVE THE OILERS ANYMORE! Why did we lose the Oilers? Because of "fans" like you.
Anyone wanting to boycott, please PM me. I'll give you $25 for a ticket. Better than nothing, right? And if you are boycotting, well, you actually deserve nothing in my opinion. But I bet I don't get any PMs...
:texan:

bkparsons
12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
WE DON'T HAVE THE OILERS ANYMORE! Why did we lose the Oilers? Because of "fans" like you.

Where have you been? The Oilers didn't leave because the fans didn't go to the games. The Oilers had already made the decision to leave and the fans didn't want to see a lame duck team. They sucked and were lame duck. It was more about Bud Adams than the team anyway. If Houston would have caved in to all of Bud's demands, they would still be here. Houston ALWAYS supported the Oilers through good and bad times.

TD
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
I applaud those fans that will pay to see the Texans depite their record, but the majority of the fan base doesn't feel tht way....If you are suggesting that having a bad team doesn't affect profits, I call bull....

You're right, but not in the way you think LINK (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4020/do_nfl_teams_profit_from_the_playoffs.html)

The more success an NFL team has during the season (making the playoffs, winning a division, and winning the Super Bowl) the more profit the team makes, right. Wrong. Teams usually lose money during their post season play. However, a teamís value usually increases in following years with current season playoff success.

During the 1980s, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had the worst regular season won-loss record of any NFL team, 45-106. On the other hand, the San Francisco 49ers compiled the best record during the 80s, 104-47, including 4 Super Bowl championships. Which of these teams made the most money during the 80s? Tampa Bay made more money and in fact, the 49ers lost the most money of any team during the 1980s.

Before his teamís first playoff game in 2004, Atlanta Falcons President and General Manager, Rich McKay, stated, ďI would expect to lose a little bit of money on the game. It is not a money-maker.Ē The Green Bay Packers, the NFLís only publicly owned franchise, lost $1.5 million during their Super Bowl appearances in 1997 and 1998. The St. Louis Rams also reported losing money during their Super Bowl winning season in 2000. Why do teams lose money during the playoffs? Many point the revenue sharing system employed by the NFL.

Texan_Bill
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
I'll be there and laughing my A** off at all you losers. We're going to run the ball all freakin day against Indy, Dayne's going to have 150 yds, Lundy 75 yds and Chris Taylor 45 yds. Go ahead and stay home, then you can wait another 4+ years to beat Indy.

I love your enthusiasm IB4, and I will be there in force as usual, but you are talking about our offense.... If I was Indy, bad against the run.. I would have 8 in the box ALL day long to stop the run...

Brandon420tx
12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey, all of you people who aren't going, anyone mind sending me your tickets?

ib4texans
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I love your enthusiasm IB4, and I will be there in force as usual, but you are talking about our offense.... If I was Indy, bad against the run.. I would have 8 in the box ALL day long to stop the run...

Hey we have four TB on the payroll and one bada** fullback. If they want to put 8 in the box we'll pound them to death and deplete their D-Fense for the playoffs. Who knows, if they put everyone in the box we may be able to get single coverage on our WR and move the ball that way. Indy is beatable and if there ever was a time it would be when they have a short week and come into our house. You whiners don't want to watch the game, great. I wan't to watch every dog-gone game, because any that we do win are an unexpected surprise. You guys act like the Texans were the Steelers,coming off of a SB championship and falling short of expectations. The only expectaions we should have is growing pains for the team,coahes and organization.

sleepwalker
12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Boycott??? Man you people are really angry...Still mad about the draft I guess.

What a stupid thread...Some people on this team like Demeco don't deserve that...Absolutely retarded.

grinch1134
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
How many of ya'll boycotted yourself out of a great game. Stay home next year, you can see we don't need you.