PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

Pages : [1] 2

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree with that statement SWT

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
I don't WANT to hear anything. Im just telling you whats going to happen

Buffi2
12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Allrighty then. I believe you, but I don't have to be happy about it.

I guess the only thing left at this point is either A. drink my way through the games, B. find a football season prescription to some kind of funny pills, or C. hope for the best, expect the worst and try not to care so much.

The Dream
12-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree, who in the hell would want David?....this is "one" of the reasons why I wasn't so big on the texans signing him back.

GanadoUHCoog
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 3rd-4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Completely wrong. If McNair wants to continue to be the laughingstock of the league while losing a dwindling fan base then Carr will be back. It would be franchise suicide to keep running the guy out there. I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that Mr. McNair is really that dumb of a business man considering his non-football success.

TexanLen
12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Right now, it just looks like a bad, bad business decision. Not only for the team, but also for the fans. McNair will lose a lot of fans if stays with Carr. I am not doubting you SWT, i am just not happy with their decisions here lately.

Honch Delgado
12-17-2006, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing this incompetent organization does shocks me anymore.

joedinkle
12-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?

TexanLen
12-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't see where another team would be dumb enough to take this TOTAL 100% LOSER. It would only set THAT team back years if THEY let him play.

If he goes anywhere, he will probably compete for a starting job but end up a back up ala Harrington who was benched today for bad performance.

beerlover
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
speaking about everything going wrong, Phillip Buchanon is leading the Tampa Bay Bucs right now tied with Chicago (overtime) with 8 tackles. Jabar Gaffney catching a TD against his former team (& dropping one) & Billy Miller resurfacing in New Orleans with 3 catches.......

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Allrighty then. I believe you, but I don't have to be happy about it.

I guess the only thing left at this point is either A. drink my way through the games, B. find a football season prescription to some kind of funny pills, or C. hope for the best, expect the worst and try not to care so much.

dude, you arent alone...could not have said it better

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Thing is like SWT said.. Carr will be here,like it or not.. What better option? draft Smith? .. no, this team has multiple holes in it right now,and yes we will probably draft a Qb in the later rounds, but right now we have numerous holes to fill. I could see us go with defense/runningback and OL in the 1st few rounds .. now next season, I could see us draft a qb to sit for a year and when Carr's contract is up possibly replace him

TexanLen
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
How many more years does Carr have on his contract? Is it 5 after this year?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Thing is like SWT said.. Carr will be here,like it or not.. What better option? draft Smith? .. no, this team has multiple holes in it right now,and yes we will probably draft a Qb in the later rounds, but right now we have numerous holes to fill. I could see us go with defense/runningback and OL in the 1st few rounds .. now next season, I could see us draft a qb to sit for a year and when Carr's contract is up possibly replace him

They will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Carr will be gone. The cap hit really isn't that harsh compared to what people think.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?

Im in the know...and believe me i wish i wasn't. Knowledge strips optimism. These decisions were made by Mcnair. Kubiak has 3 years to turn DC into a winner, then one of them is gone...and it probably won't be Carr.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
They will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Carr will be gone. The cap hit really isn't that harsh compared to what people think.

Wanna bet Froggy?

coachemup
12-17-2006, 05:00 PM
ouch...
however, i have a couple of buddies that have said, that the Texans are being preened and prepped to be sold.

I don't want that to happen, but damn... if what SWT says is true, then I may have to start listening to my buds.

TheIronDuke
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I think that Bob McNair as a businessman would know that fans won't continue supporting this franchise financially with DC at QB. Well, at least I hope so. McNair didn't become a billionaire by being stupid, and sure he blew off what the fans wanted in the last draft, but if he continues to ignore what the fans want then he will not be getting their $$$$$$$$.

At least, I hope that this is how the situation works out. Otherwise McNair will be seeing more empty seats than ever before and I won't be able to watch the game at home since the game will be blacked out.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Wanna bet Froggy?

If I saw you, I would bet you. No matter what knowledge you say you have, the team would not be leaking their plans for the guy this early. McNair is being embarrassed right now and unless he likes losing money and having a half empty stadium where you can't get Free Agents, then Carr will not be here. The experiment was to see where he was at after a year and right now he has regressed again. McNair knows that you can't stick with a plan and watch it run into the ground..ala Capers.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
How many more years does Carr have on his contract? Is it 5 after this year?

I think it's 2 after this year. Carr voided the final year of this original contract, and the Texans picked up a 3 year option in February. I'm not sure, though.

Revolution
I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

Rule #1: When a poster on a message board states up front that he won't reveal his source, the source is his imagination, his mind. It is all made up.

swtbound07
If I saw you, I would bet you. No matter what knowledge you say you have, the team would not be leaking their plans for the guy this early. McNair is being embarrassed right now and unless he likes losing money and having a half empty stadium where you can't get Free Agents, then Carr will not be here. The experiment was to see where he was at after a year and right now he has regressed again.

The info is leaking because most of our internal organization is very quietly printing resume's and looking for new jobs...the ship is sinking and they are bailing.

4Texans
12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Im in the know...and believe me i wish i wasn't. Knowledge strips optimism. These decisions were made by Mcnair. Kubiak has 3 years to turn DC into a winner, then one of them is gone...and it probably won't be Carr.

3 YEARS!!!!!! If this team isn't winning in 3 years, there is no way Carr is still here. At the very least both Kubiak and Carr will be gone after 3 more years of losing. Carr should at least a year before Kubiak goes.

joedinkle
12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
ouch...
however, i have a couple of buddies that have said, that the Texans are being preened and prepped to be sold.

I don't want that to happen, but damn... if what SWT says is true, then I may have to start listening to my buds.

sold to another owner, not city i hope. how embarassing would that be. i think i'm gonna be depressed til' wednesday again(like last week)

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Rule #1: When a poster on a message board states up front that he won't reveal his source, the source is his imagination, his mind. It is all made up.

If push comes to shove, I could prove it. Think whatever you want to think.....do you doubt the newspapers when they can't reveal their sources? I would stop getting info and his job would be in danger.

Revolution
12-17-2006, 05:07 PM

This is proof positive that your drinking the anti-Texan kool-aid! In 3 years Carr will be in his early 30's. If he hasn't done anything by that time, he won't be in the NFL, much less with the Texans. You are turning into a troll, eh?

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 05:08 PM
This is proof positive that your drinking the anti-Texan kool-aid! In 3 years Carr will be in his early 30's. If he hasn't done anything by that time, he won't be in the NFL, much less with the Texans. You are turning into a troll, eh?

Im a troll? I've been here forever, and I love this team. Im not Anti-Texan in the slightest.

NFLforher

So, how are they gonna make this team better?

Revolution
If push comes to shove, I could prove it. Think whatever you want to think.....do you doubt the newspapers when they can't reveal their sources? I would stop getting info and his job would be in danger.

If Bob has already decided that Carr is the QB for the next 3 years, he should sell the team. I just don't believe any business man would make such a foolish decision.

NFLforher
12-17-2006, 05:09 PM

He'll be 30 in 3 years. I know, old for a QB.

DarkNinja
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM

Avoid local players?? Steve Mckinney is a white boy from Clear Lake H.S and he is still there. Now VY, a black guy from Madison H.S and the FO passed on him....hmm. Seems like there some iqnorant politics is going on with the FO thats costing the franchise millions in profits....think about it!!

NFLforher

Uh, no.

Revolution
Im a troll? I've been here forever, and I love this team. Im not Anti-Texan in the slightest.

I know you have been here forever, that's why I asked if you were turning into a troll...

You love the team, but you are wearing an opponents jersey in your avatar???

I love Vince and I am even an Aggie; however, I would never be caught dead wearing a tacks jersey.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
The info is leaking because most of our internal organization is very quietly printing resume's and looking for new jobs...the ship is sinking and they are bailing.

Thus even more reasons why McNair would not sit still. Your team is a joke and people are leaving the organization, so you stand pat?I'm sorry but you are being fed bad info.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I know you have been here forever, that's why I asked if you were turning into a troll...

You love the team, but you are wearing an opponents jersey in your avatar???

I love Vince and I am even an Aggie; however, I would never be caught dead wearing a tacks jersey.

Its always the JERSEY. Im with the texans cheerleaders at a texans event. The jersey went with the shoes cause somebody had to borrow my red andre. I really don't particularly have to explain my wardrobe to you people to classify my fandom

Revolution
12-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Uh, no.

So that's how you have 382 posts.....in the voice of Borat....(feigning ignorance) Very Nice...

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 05:14 PM
So that's how you have 382 posts.....in the voice of Borat....(feigning ignorance) Very Nice...

What does post count have to do with anything? Should we consider you less important because you have 200?

Revolution
12-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Thus even more reasons why McNair would not sit still. Your team is a joke and people are leaving the organization, so you stand pat?I'm sorry but you are being fed bad info.

Exactly. No way Bob sits and lets this continue to go on and on.

Revolution
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
What does post count have to do with anything? Should we consider you less important because you have 200?

Not really a comment on post count. More of a point of the post being pointless.

Vinny
Exactly. No way Bob sits and lets this continue to go on and on.
Bob needs to read The Emperor's New Clothes.

Revolution

Let me try it....

Um, no.

Yeah, it feels like a weak post.

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Let me try it....

Um, no.

Yeah, it feels like a weak post.

Im sorry they didn't meet your criteria for post strength. Im sure they will try harder next time

Insideop
12-17-2006, 05:57 PM
I think that Bob McNair as a businessman would know that fans won't continue supporting this franchise financially with DC at QB. Well, at least I hope so. McNair didn't become a billionaire by being stupid, and sure he blew off what the fans wanted in the last draft, but if he continues to ignore what the fans want then he will not be getting their $$$$$$$$.
At least, I hope that this is how the situation works out. Otherwise McNair will be seeing more empty seats than ever before and I won't be able to watch the game at home since the game will be blacked out.

Bandwagon, can you please name me a Super Bowl team, or for that matter any NFL team that goes into a draft and picks its players based on what the fans want? I for one can't think of any! And if you can think of any, tell me how they decide who to pick, since most fans can't agree on just one particular player? Do they go with majority rules or do they just find the most knowledgeable "armchair" QB and ask his opinion? :sarcasm:

Every NFL team owner has a GM and HC that they hired to run the organization. I know some owners like to meddle more than others (bud, Jerry, and Al Davis come to mind), but for the most part I think the owners hire the GM and HC because they were sold on whatever plans they presented to build the team. With Casserly and Capers I don't think they were even on the same page. I think McNair hired Kubes because he was sold on the plan that Kubes has to build this team, and I think he has given him X amount of years (3 if you believe SWT) to make it happen. And I think Smith was hired because he worked with Kubes in Denver and McNair doesn't want the same thing happening again that happened with CC and Dom.

McNair knows that the way to put fans in the seats is to have a winner, regardless of who the fans wanted to draft. He has hired Kubes and Smith to make that happen. He has put his trust in them that they will right the ship, but he knows it will take time. Anyone, as a fan has the right to stop going to games, not buy tickets, or whatever they choose to do. But if you think this, or any NFL team, is going to start asking the fans who they want in the draft, you're crazy! JMHO!

Sorry for the rant! :rant:

Hervoyel
12-17-2006, 06:15 PM

Let me add that by mid-season next year there will be an average of 13,091 fans attending home games for the Texans and following the second home game of the season everything played in Reliant will be blacked out.

As long as you're telling everyone what's absolutely going to happen then I want in on this action. My source is common friggin sense. No way in hell enough people are going to be stupid enough to sell out 8 games of this mess if nothing changes.

DRAMA
12-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I believe you....I worked at one of our 3 franchises from the inside productions media aspect. The things that were said on the plane, in the video rooms really can't be repeated too verbatim because it can easily traceable. So many times I've heard things that would shock the city but you can't say it.

Things do change though...you never know what's coming real soon...right around the corner. :shades:

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 06:26 PM

WHAT BETTER OPTION ... if Carr is back its' because of McNair . It's not hard to find a better QB

If I feel that's going to happen then find something else to do on Sundays .

Hervoyel
12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
WHAT BETTER OPTION ... if Carr is back its' because of McNair . It's not hard to find a better QB

That's not as crazy as it sounds. When the Oilers left town I dropped NFL football like it was on fire because if Houston didn't have a team then I didn't give a crap what happened.

I'm out next year if I don't see some changes. This team is going to have to make me believe again if they want anymore of my money or attention. That's really the bottom line. I know how to occupy myself on a Sunday afternoon without the NFL involved. Just about anything would be better than watching the kind of performance we see weekly with the Texans.

dantem
12-17-2006, 06:37 PM
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

McNair does not need the individual sports fan money, He will make enough off the corporate sales that already exist no matter who the QB is. That is the marketing genius of PSL's.

NederlandTexan
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Bob Woodward

dantem
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
[quote=joedinkle;541417]sold to another owner, not city i hope. how embarassing would that be. i think i'm gonna be depressed til' wednesday again(like last week)[/quote

I wouldn't blame McNair one bit if the team left the city, the fans in houston have proven for years that they don't deserve an NFL team. (thus was born the Titans) The local radio media is way to childish to cover a losing team (at least with any class). The posts that dominate this board are perfect examples of it. The funny part to me is how posters actually believe that they can call out McNair from the Texans Forum and demand that he do what they say. LOL you have to admit its pretty rediculous.

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 06:57 PM
That's not as crazy as it sounds. When the Oilers left town I dropped NFL football like it was on fire because if Houston didn't have a team then I didn't give a crap what happened.

I'm out next year if I don't see some changes. This team is going to have to make me believe again if they want anymore of my money or attention. That's really the bottom line. I know how to occupy myself on a Sunday afternoon without the NFL involved. Just about anything would be better than watching the kind of performance we see weekly with the Texans.

I really like the draft and before the Texans ... I was big into fantasy football . I like talking on this board but if we go with Carr ... I take it it's not about the team and winning .

Malloy
12-17-2006, 07:00 PM

Curious, are you speculating or is this based on some team insight (imaginary or real) ? :)

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:00 PM

so who are you going to pickup?

axman40
12-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Curious, are you speculating or is this based on some team insight (imaginary or real) ? :)
Do not knock swtbound's magic 8 ball!

:aikido:

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:12 PM
so who are you going to pickup?

Our backup is better than Carr . If we draft somebody then we have hope ... right now we have no hope .

Revolution
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
My source is common friggin sense.

One of the few times, I have literally laughed out loud while reading a message board post! Hilarious!!

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Our backup is better than Carr . If we draft somebody then we have hope ... right now we have no hope .

if our backup is better, then we need to replace the coach ,afterall he is the one saying he'd put the best players on the field (that we have)

gtexan02
12-17-2006, 08:03 PM
swt, I've bookmarked your post. You've come out pretty ocnfidently with this one, so I'm going to belive you because you are a pretty reliable guy so far.

However, these are some pretty serious claims that defy all logic. If you're wrong, are you prepared to lose all credibility?

Revolution
12-17-2006, 08:12 PM
swt, I've bookmarked your post. You've come out pretty ocnfidently with this one, so I'm going to belive you because you are a pretty reliable guy so far.

However, these are some pretty serious claims that defy all logic. If you're wrong, are you prepared to lose all credibility?

He WILL lose all credibility with this one...No source, just opinion...

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 08:34 PM
if our backup is better, then we need to replace the coach ,afterall he is the one saying he'd put the best players on the field (that we have)

Nope ... I feel it's mandated by the owner .

Wolf
12-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Nope ... I feel it's mandated by the owner .
well if that is the case why would we have ever fired Capers and Casserly and crew?

austintexanite
12-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't know how to react, except that I truly believe we'll be a winning franchise in 3yrs. I see progress with Kubiak and next year we're going to be a lot better. MW and DR will be bosses and DD should be back to help out the team.

:texans:

HomeBred_Texan
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
If we keep playing like we did today against the Pats, then in about 2 or 4 years, this team will be stocked to the gills with some really great draft picks and depth. Then with the last losing season of Carr's career at Houston, we will have the 1st pick of that draft and get a quality QB and playoffs here we come. Kind of like Indy did once they got Manning. Fine by me, whatever happens I will be in my seat year after year, eating valiums...

swtbound07
12-17-2006, 11:52 PM
mark it down. I stand by everything i've said and will eat crow if i'm wrong and never bother you with my inside information again. There is a real source, and if im ever in a position to do so i will reveal it. Right now, I can't.

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 01:51 AM
You're a freaking moron.

Personal attack seems a bit unwarranted, does it not?

tvtexan
12-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Personal attack seems a bit unwarranted, does it not?

No, you're just hanging around here spamming up the boards with your bs. You won't reveal your sources, and I understand journalists don't do that, but you're a 20 something year old kid trying to stir something up, you don't write for the New York Times or Boston Globe. Until you say where you're hearing this from, I'll only consider you as a joke who is trying to get a rise out of people.

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 01:59 AM
No, you're just hanging around here spamming up the boards with your bs. You won't reveal your sources, and I understand journalists don't do that, but you're a 20 something year old kid trying to stir something up, you don't write for the New York Times or Boston Globe. Until you say where you're hearing this from, and as soon as you change your avatar, I have a very difficult time taking you seriously.

No, but at the same time, the person i talk to works for the team and i don't think they would take very kindly to him leaking stuff. Im not spamming anything. I've been here for years, and people here know me. Kiss my grits if you don't like my avatar, and go ahead and don't take me seriously. Just stop the personal attacks. Or feel free to ignore this thread. Im sure it will miss the insightfull commentary you've brought so far.

tvtexan
12-18-2006, 02:01 AM
The hot dog vendor in 620 doesn't count as someone that has inside info on the team...

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 02:06 AM
The hot dog vendor in 620 doesn't count as someone that has inside info on the team...

Say whatever you like, post whatever you like, believe me or don't, just stop with the personal attacks. thanks, and have a nice day.

TreWardTxn
12-18-2006, 02:19 AM

WTF is this all about??!! You mean to tell me that our scouting department has suffered from dehydration in identifying and evaluating talent and their too ignorant to let the fountain of football talent that is the State of Texas at least splash them in the face? How can you ignore Texas talent from a shear population stand point; more players equals more potential talent. That's asinine. If this really is the case then Texans fans have more to worry about than I thought...

Scott D
12-18-2006, 02:29 AM
WTF is this all about??!! You mean to tell me that our scouting department has suffered from dehydration in identifying and evaluating talent and their too ignorant to let the fountain of football talent that is the State of Texas at least splash them in the face? How can you ignore Texas talent from a shear population stand point; more players equals more potential talent. That's asinine. If this really is the case then Texans fans have more to worry about than I thought...

Haven't you figured it out yet? The Texans only want stupid players. They figure that the more stupid they play football, the more publicity they will get.

I, myself turned the TV off at halftime. Just a bunch of stupid SOB players who don't even know how to play football out there. I'm glad I didn't waste my money on them this year.

edo783
12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
No, you're just hanging around here spamming up the boards with your bs. You won't reveal your sources, and I understand journalists don't do that, but you're a 20 something year old kid trying to stir something up, you don't write for the New York Times or Boston Globe. Until you say where you're hearing this from, I'll only consider you as a joke who is trying to get a rise out of people.

While I have seldom areeded with what SWT says on many non-football related subjects, I have on the whole found him to be a person of reliability and not given to self agrandizment type of statements. On that basis, I would suggest that there is likely some substance to his premis. Is it a given, hardly ever is in life, but certainly worth noting.

kingh99
12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
speaking about everything going wrong, Phillip Buchanon is leading the Tampa Bay Bucs right now tied with Chicago (overtime) with 8 tackles. Jabar Gaffney catching a TD against his former team (& dropping one) & Billy Miller resurfacing in New Orleans with 3 catches.......

So basically that says Houston is football Siberia with a gulag boss who sends you to paradise as punishment for angering him. This is going to work out great. Kubiak is another thin skin to accompany Job McNair so it's not like it's hard to get your ticket punched or anything.

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. Here's the deal. When you are the boss one of the main attributes that got you to where you are was being able to hold your cards tightly while staying the course, until you no longer stayed the course. It serves no meaningful purpose for McNair to do anything right here other than what he did recently and that was the give Carr, Kubiak and the team a vote of confidence. When the time comes to evaluate on field performance, everything will be on the table. This guy is catching justifiable heck for screwing up his franchise but he's not going to fold right here and give everyone the satisfaction of seeing him give in to the anachy. He won't do it. He'll preach staying the course to everyone (except his wife) but especially the little flunkies who work in production rooms and are a friend of a friend of a friend. Carr will probably stay and compete but just because they can't move him. I do not see him coming back to start next year unless he comes in because a guy is hurt.

WWJD
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
The guys on David's radio show this morning even broached the subject with David on him being elsewhere next year. I didn't hear much of his response so I'm not prepared to say he said this or that but I have to feel even David probably feels like he won't be a Texan much longer.

I think Coach Kubiak has seen enough.

real
12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
David will be a Texan next yr.

Rightnow
12-18-2006, 01:54 PM
David will be a Texan next yr.

He might be, but more than that I don't think we are drafting a QB this year. If Carr is gone it will be a mediocre veteran like Sage or Jake.

old football fan
12-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I think it would be good for the Texans and DC to part company.

rf1970
12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
This team truly sucks. I was one of the last people to jump off the "Carr is not the problem" bandwagon, but after yesterday, he is done with this team. He plays as if he doesnt care. I think after each Monday, after the game against Washington, then the Jets, then last week, and now today, that this franchise has bottomed out. I have been a season ticket holder since 2002 and am seriously thinking about throwing in the towel. Why spend all this money and drink seven dollar beers to watch this crap? The problem is that because of what Casserly did in years past, I fear that this team is screwed for the next year. I wouldnt know where to start with this next draft.

Porky
12-18-2006, 03:04 PM

Dude, drop it already. SWT has a very solid and well deserved repuatation here. Now his non football takes suck. But his football takes are solid. He isn't some troll. Your constant jabs trying to hit at his credibilty reflect on you a lot more than him, I can tell you that.

Does anyone have an avatar of Mcnair on the Titanic? I think he is the captian of the Titanic that refuses to change course even with an iceburg straigt ahead. The only thing missing is the band playing on the deck while the ship sinks. Or maybe he is Nero, who fiddled while Rome burned.

Everyone says we don't believe SWT because it doesn't make any sense. Let me ask you a question. Has anything they have done prior to this made any sense? :ok:

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-18-2006, 03:07 PM
The main reason the Texans are bad again this year is because the big heads in your front office won't admit they were wrong by picking David Carr. They didn't want to own up to their bad #1 overall draft pick and move on.

They should have cut their losses and drafted Young, Cutler, or Leinart and began to build this team.

And that's a bad reason to have a bad team.

HOU-TEX
12-18-2006, 03:48 PM

Are you saying the Texans organization as a whole is in jeopardy? I'm not questioning you or your source. I just find it quite discouraging information as a fan of the team.

Honoring Earl 34
12-18-2006, 03:52 PM
I think he's saying its a dead end job with a losing team .

cap1
12-18-2006, 03:56 PM

Revolution,
Take the first post for what you want. SWT has been around a long time and I have never seen him post something that didn't come true. There are a small group of people here that you can trust when they say something and he is in that group.

Also, don't look at someones post count and judge them. I am at 600 posts, but I have been here since this was at the other website. Believe me. Just because we don't have a million posts, doesn't mean we weren't here since the begining and we can't be trusted.

Just my :twocents:

humbleone
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
mark it down. I stand by everything i've said and will eat crow if i'm wrong and never bother you with my inside information again. There is a real source, and if im ever in a position to do so i will reveal it. Right now, I can't.

I would like to say "thank you" for taking the time (and crap from some) to provide this information to the board. Guys like you, and some of the other posters on this board who I respect (but don't always agree with) are the real reason that I spend time reading the board.

The closest thing to inside scoop I have are the observations of a golf buddy that lives accross the street from Mario...so again, THANKS!!! :yahoo:

axman40
12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
I would like to say "thank you" for taking the time (and crap from some) to provide this information to the board. Guys like you, and some of the other posters on this board who I respect (but don't always agree with) are the real reason that I spend time reading the board.

The closest thing to inside scoop I have are the observations of a golf buddy that lives accross the street from Mario...so again, THANKS!!! :yahoo:
How is Mario's back swing ?
:)

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM

Your welcome...I come here because i believe this site has more information than anyplace else about the team I love and i just want to contribute what i can.

humbleone
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
How is Mario's back swing ?
:)

I don't know if he plays golf. He does have one of those big off-road trucks with the huge tires for "mudding" and some very attractive fans who come around though. Also, my buddy says that he is a very nice young man who does not appear to have let the money and fame go to his head.

Mr. White
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Good report, SWT. I wish it were wrong.

My dad used to say that you can wish in one hand....

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Good report, SWT. I wish it were wrong.

My dad used to say that you can wish in one hand....

Me too...how painfull do you all think it is for one of the most ardent anti-carr posters in the history of this board to post that he isn't going anywhere? If I was going to start rumours, they certainly wouldn't be in THIS direction.

Honoring Earl 34
12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
If Bob really cared about Carr he would trade him . Last year when he threw the int. before halftime against KC a 1/4 of the people left and thats because the stadium was 1/2 full . Those who stayed boooed the rest of the game .

Double Barrel
12-18-2006, 06:43 PM

I believe you, swt. I know you wouldn't post this info unless you feel certain that it is credible. Thanks for sharing it in spite of being attacked.

Unfortunately, it is quite evident that this team is going nowhere fast. At one time I gave Mr. McNair a free pass for bringing pro football back to Houston and being a 'good' owner by hiring football people and letting them build his team (for better or for worse). But it now appears that our owner is quite active in making football decisions, so he's putting himself in the firing line. And if recent history is any indication, we will be cellar-dwellers for many years to come.

Man, how depressing.

elbison
12-18-2006, 06:49 PM

Any comment as to the other poster's "rumor" that the team was being prepped for sale? If so, have you heard if LA / SATX is a suitor ?

Double Barrel
12-18-2006, 06:52 PM
The Texans have a 30 year lease with Reliant Stadium. They aren't going anywhere.

TexansSeminole
12-18-2006, 06:58 PM
The Texans have a 30 year lease with Reliant Stadium. They aren't going anywhere.

This is just the beginning...I think the Texans will be here for my whole lifetime.

hollywood_texan
12-18-2006, 07:38 PM
SWT has a very solid and well deserved repuatation here. Now his non football takes suck. But his football takes are solid. He isn't some troll. Your constant jabs trying to hit at his credibilty reflect on you a lot more than him, I can tell you that.

Totally agree with you Porky.

SWT, thanks for the inside scoop. Sadly, I think you are right and you really confirm my hunches.

elbison
12-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Could it be that we are looking to purge some old regime people from our organization without mass firings (i.e. float some fake captain insano strategies as scare tactics)?

It seems to me that some of our new brass would have known this stuff before their hiring and wouldn't have come (if true).

I don't picture Kubiak as a "3 (yr) and out" / make hay while the sun shines / money grubbing HC.

========

On a side note......I wonder why we never hear or see anything out of Rick Smith?

I guess he doesn't want "FESTARI FOR MEN" gift certs.

Texian
12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
You wanted the truth... SWT gave you the truth....but some people just can't handle the truth.

swtbound07
12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Could it be that we are looking to purge some old regime people from our organization without mass firings (i.e. float some fake captain insano strategies as scare tactics)?

It seems to me that some of our new brass would have known this stuff before their hiring and wouldn't have come (if true).

I don't picture Kubiak as a "3 (yr) and out" / make hay while the sun shines / money grubbing HC.

========

On a side note......I wonder why we never hear or see anything out of Rick Smith?

I guess he doesn't want "FESTARI FOR MEN" gift certs.

Well we'll know after this offseason....either im right, and my source is still with the organization or im wrong and he's gone.

beerlover
12-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Well we'll know after this offseason....either im right, and my source is still with the organization or im wrong and he's gone.

no offense but I hope hes gone & takes his Carr with him :shades:

Hardcore Texan
12-18-2006, 09:08 PM
If he does stay the rest of his contract, it will be as a back up. In fact, if Rosenfels wasn't hurt DC would have been benched again. I believe Kubiak is dedicated to putting the best 11 on the field.

IndependentMark
12-19-2006, 01:02 AM

I typically want people to reveal their sources or have links to a credible news source, but you seem sincere, and so I'll believe you that they plan to keep Carr around until the end of his contract extension.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that your team sources won't be sending you a different message in the future. After the season ends, they will evaluate everything. They will go through a process similar to last season, and YES, they will even take into account the majority fan sentiment. McNair and Co. can always change their minds, even if all the "insiders" believe it to be set in stone. My prediction is that McNair will balance his choice to keep Carr through 2008 with the negative fan sentiment on Carr by demoting him to backup or making him compete with the other QBs for the starting job.

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I typically want people to reveal their sources or have links to a credible news source, but you seem sincere, and so I'll believe you that they plan to keep Carr around until the end of his contract extension.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that your team sources won't be sending you a different message in the future. After the season ends, they will evaluate everything. They will go through a process similar to last season, and YES, they will even take into account the majority fan sentiment. McNair and Co. can always change their minds, even if all the "insiders" believe it to be set in stone. My prediction is that McNair will balance his choice to keep Carr through 2008 with the negative fan sentiment on Carr by demoting him to backup or making him compete with the other QBs for the starting job.

This is true. My information can only be as current as the decision most recently made. If something changes in the upcoming weeks, I'll be the first one rushing up to update. You could very well be right. But what i've heard as of last thursday was what I posted. If anything salient develops I'll be sure to come back.....Of course, the irony there is it will call the credibility of my original post into question if i come back and modify information. What can you do?

dirty steve
12-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Its always the JERSEY. Im with the texans cheerleaders at a texans event. The jersey went with the shoes cause somebody had to borrow my red andre. I really don't particularly have to explain my wardrobe to you people to classify my fandom
cool. because no amount of explaining will get me to understand why you are wearing gear from one of our biggest rivals, and i dont care if st. vincent is playing for them. accessorizing is the lamest excuse for what gear you are going to wear. you didnt have an old Oilers #34 laying around, or maybe a #1? dont ever call yourself a Texans fan if you want to continue wearing Titans gear.

threetoedpete
12-19-2006, 01:29 AM
Don't care who you are or where you're getting your inside info. Carr is toast. They trot him out there next season it will be to insure they get a shot at McFaddin. If Carr was a horse, they would take him out back and shoot him. They'll make a settlement with him and cut him lose befor the draft. This dog won't hunt no more. Too many shells too many times. I dunno and I ain't in the loop hot shot. But I see , what I see. McNair is not a bad man. Noone would subject a decent huname to that kind of beating once again. No one. This guy is a shell and he can't get into the saddle no more. Anyone tells you he can, I don't give a Good GD who they are..they're out of their minds.

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 02:44 AM
cool. because no amount of explaining will get me to understand why you are wearing gear from one of our biggest rivals, and i dont care if st. vincent is playing for them. accessorizing is the lamest excuse for what gear you are going to wear. you didnt have an old Oilers #34 laying around, or maybe a #1? dont ever call yourself a Texans fan if you want to continue wearing Titans gear.

Get off your high horse. So you've never worn another NFL jersey from any other team? I've got Vince Jerseys, Vick Jerseys, Quentin Griffin Jerseys. Newsflash..you can support multiple PLAYERS, but one team. When the titans come to town i hope they lose...I wish Vince well the other 16 games of the season. Im done with you now.

Malloy
12-19-2006, 05:41 AM
This is true. My information can only be as current as the decision most recently made. If something changes in the upcoming weeks, I'll be the first one rushing up to update. You could very well be right. But what i've heard as of last thursday was what I posted. If anything salient develops I'll be sure to come back.....Of course, the irony there is it will call the credibility of my original post into question if i come back and modify information. What can you do?

Coming back and modifying the post at a later time is A-OK with me, situations change, plans are altered. I look at your original post as a "right now"-situational report, something's that subject to change.
And I really hope it changes! I'm not so worried about Carr actually (he'll get benched eventually if the backup is good enough), I'm more worried about the selling of the team, because that would lead to actions that might hurt the team itself. Who knows, getting another owner (in Houston hopefully) might be a good thing?

Janus3
12-19-2006, 06:56 AM

pretty much agree. i wish i could've punched everybody wearing a titans/ut jersey at the game. the ignorance was astounding. and it's pretty damn sad that a "football" fan cares more about "matching clothes" rather than supporting their team. i'm sure he was sitting right next to Isaac Mizrahi or Calvin Klein. that clown needs to go to a ballet rather than a football game.

Janus3
12-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Get off your high horse. So you've never worn another NFL jersey from any other team? I've got Vince Jerseys, Vick Jerseys, Quentin Griffin Jerseys. Newsflash..you can support multiple PLAYERS, but one team. When the titans come to town i hope they lose...I wish Vince well the other 16 games of the season. Im done with you now.

wearing another jersey is fine, wearing one to your home game when that team is there is just stupid. 4 years ago when drew bledsoe game to houston i wore my texans jersey, but brought my bledsoe jersey. when he looked my way i cheered for him and showed the jersey but i sure as hell rooted for the texans and never put that jersey on. sorry pal, lame excuse.

real
12-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Arguing about someone wearing a jersey from an opponents team and then saying he isn't a real fan is awfully lame :loser

Mr. White
12-19-2006, 08:45 AM
What's even more lame is judging how much of a fan somebody is at all.

Chaft
12-19-2006, 08:59 AM
David Carr is essentially Bob McNair's son. It would take a massive beating in the revenues in order for Bob to disown Carr and release him.

Bob did Carr wrong though when he didn't draft Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush would have helped out Carr a lot like he helped out Leinart.

thunderkyss
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM

I agree. You love Vince.... you want to support the kid..... by a UT Jersey.

But hey. whatever.

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 02:16 PM
wearing another jersey is fine, wearing one to your home game when that team is there is just stupid. 4 years ago when drew bledsoe game to houston i wore my texans jersey, but brought my bledsoe jersey. when he looked my way i cheered for him and showed the jersey but i sure as hell rooted for the texans and never put that jersey on. sorry pal, lame excuse.

It wasn't to a home game. It was to the symphony. I've never worn another teams colors to a texans game. There were no texans players present.

Bear
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM

swt,

While I may not post much, I know that your original post is not 100% factual. If you want to make a friendly wager or something with more substance, I'm game for that.

You make the call.

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 05:19 PM
swt,

While I may not post much, I know that your original post is not 100% factual. If you want to make a friendly wager or something with more substance, I'm game for that.

You make the call.

Name your terms friend.

Honoring Earl 34
12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
SWT I'm not saying your wrong but I am hoping you are .

I don't see Carr's season turning around and I have to think even McNair will realize the merciful thing to do is part ways .

Bear
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Name your terms friend.

Tell you what, I'll give you this as a freebee.

Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players.

You know we signed Antowain Smith, a former Coog, this year, right?

:shades:

And as a side note (which may or may not have already been covered), when your inside information is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, it's not always accurate, regardless of who the source is. People change their minds, decisions sometimes over-rule previous policies, etc.

By ending an argument with "PERIOD", it doesn't make your statement any more factual. It does, however, make you appear to be arrogant and hard headed.

Nothing personal, just a friendly and unbiased observation from someone else with "inside" info ;)

/ :soapbox:

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Tell you what, I'll give you this as a freebee.

You know we signed Antowain Smith, a former Coog, this year, right?

And as a side note (which may or may not have already been covered), when your inside information is based upon 2nd hand knowledge, it's not always accurate, regardless of who the source is. People change their minds, decisions sometimes over-rule previous policies, etc.

By ending an argument with "PERIOD", it doesn't make your statement any more factual. It does, however, make you appear to be arrogant and hard headed.

Nothing personal, just a friendly and unbiased observation from someone else with "inside" info ;)

/ :soapbox:

As i thought i answered earlier, my statement on local players was directed towards the draft, not free agency, and as i said on page 6, my information is only as current as my last conversation. The periods...perhaps a little overdramatic. I was pissed about the patriots loss, but I stand by the truthfullness of what I stated.

Janus3
12-19-2006, 06:11 PM
It wasn't to a home game. It was to the symphony. I've never worn another teams colors to a texans game. There were no texans players present.

my apologies

texans83
12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
man im just so confused, we need so much help its unreal. There is no way we can address everything this next off season there just arent enough good free agents and we deff dont have enough cap for every position.

SWT I deff think you are right and it dosent matter either way ill still renew my season tickets........
TEXANS FAN TEAL THE END...

kcwilson
12-19-2006, 06:37 PM
man im just so confused, we need so much help its unreal. There is no way we can address everything this next off season there just arent enough good free agents and we deff dont have enough cap for every position.

I swear I am having a Deja vu from 2005. Spooky.

awtysst
12-19-2006, 06:43 PM

You wore a football jersey to the symphony? Wow. I thought they had a dress code there? When I went to opera in NYC, I had to dress up in a suit and tie.

Hardcore Texan
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM

So I just can't help but wonder how did the situation come up where you stop and take a picture with Texans cheerleaders on the way to the symphony? Just asking.

thunderkyss
12-19-2006, 09:23 PM

TEXANS FAN TEAL THE END...

So then we'll prioritize, and address the most severe areas first.

In your opinion, which holes do you think we addressed & fixed last offseason??

Which do you think are the most important to address next offseason??

We'll go from their.

DoCRoN
12-19-2006, 09:57 PM
You wore a football jersey to the symphony? Wow. I thought they had a dress code there? When I went to opera in NYC, I had to dress up in a suit and tie.

So I just can't help but wonder how did the situation come up where you stop and take a picture with Texans cheerleaders on the way to the symphony? Just asking.

I'm guessing he went to Gridiron Glory (http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/4985.html) held back in September. The Texans Cheerleaders were there as well....

OzzO
12-19-2006, 10:13 PM
...TEXANS FAN TEAL THE END...

Would you mind editing your post.... just because. :shades:

As for the original post - I can see Carr still here next year (thinking him or another vet) but would still like to see a QB drafted for the future, unless they have another in mind for the 2008 offseason. But as for a Carr extension after that? Man, there'd really have to be a turn around on the offensive side of the ball and quite a few fans doing a 180 from where they are today.

swtbound07
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm guessing he went to Gridiron Glory (http://www.playbillarts.com/news/article/4985.html) held back in September. The Texans Cheerleaders were there as well....

Exactly Right. It was an NFL films event, and i had no idea that any texans whatsoever would be there...i got the tickets at the last minute as a suprise, and my friends happened to be going as well. We decided to wear Jordans, Jerseys, and suits. My friend needed to borrow my battle red andre that I originally planned because he only had red jordans in his size. The only other Jersey I had clean to match any of the shoes was my VY. Once I got there and saw Texans cheerleader, I couldn't pass up a chance to take a picture with them regardless of wardrobe. Now...I get crap about it every day.

Malloy
12-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Once I got there and saw Texans cheerleader, I couldn't pass up a chance to take a picture with them regardless of wardrobe. Now...I get crap about it every day.

OMG you're soooo not a fan ;)

HJam72
12-20-2006, 08:41 AM
That's not even about being a fan or not. It's about legs and boobs and stuff. :marionaner:

real
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Exactly Right. It was an NFL films event, and i had no idea that any texans whatsoever would be there...i got the tickets at the last minute as a suprise, and my friends happened to be going as well. We decided to wear Jordans, Jerseys, and suits. My friend needed to borrow my battle red andre that I originally planned because he only had red jordans in his size. The only other Jersey I had clean to match any of the shoes was my VY. Once I got there and saw Texans cheerleader, I couldn't pass up a chance to take a picture with them regardless of wardrobe. Now...I get crap about it every day.

The whole "why are you wearing another teams jersey" argument is lame anyway.....

You shouldn't have even explained yourself to them...

Malloy
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
That's not even about being a fan or not. It's about legs and boobs and stuff. :marionaner:

I'm a fan of that!!

Mr. White
12-20-2006, 09:53 AM
I remember reading SWT's post in September when he went to the event back in September. Anyone who's interested in his VY jersey should check the archives. He posted lots of pictures and explained the jersey back then.

Back to the topic....

I like David Carr as a guy and even buy the argumant that he still needs an OL. I think that the issue is his relationship with Bob McNair. It's unhealthy for the organization.

We keep hearing Kubiak talk about accountability. Lots of guys have had bad games around here and have found themselves on the waiver wire the following day.

They see one guy that isn't held to that same standard. They see the ownership protecting David Carr by not introducing him in the home games. They then hear the quotes in the media where McNair covers for Carr even more. Everytime that Kubiak gets asked about a poor David Carr performance, he says "Well, we all could have done more to win the game."

Newsflash: Players really do quit on coaches.

Case in point: A story that John Granato tells the Monday following the loss in Nashville.

Carr gets pulled, Sage comes in and moves the ball. The announcement comes out in the post-game that Carr will be starting the following week. The media already knows, but it hasn't gotten to the locker room yet.

John Granato happens to be talking to a player (he didn't name names) after the game and the player asks him if he's heard yet who the starting QB will be the following week. Granato tells him that Carr will be starting. The player then gets visibly upset and says "You've gotta be kidding."

Then add Dunta's post-game comments from last week in Justice's column and I think we have a pretty good idea of where the locker room stands.

kingh99
12-20-2006, 10:19 AM
I remember reading SWT's post in September when he went to the event back in September. Anyone who's interested in his VY jersey should check the archives. He posted lots of pictures and explained the jersey back then.

Back to the topic....

I like David Carr as a guy and even buy the argumant that he still needs an OL. I think that the issue is his relationship with Bob McNair. It's unhealthy for the organization.

We keep hearing Kubiak talk about accountability. Lots of guys have had bad games around here and have found themselves on the waiver wire the following day.

They see one guy that isn't held to that same standard. They see the ownership protecting David Carr by not introducing him in the home games. They then hear the quotes in the media where McNair covers for Carr even more. Everytime that Kubiak gets asked about a poor David Carr performance, he says "Well, we all could have done more to win the game."

Newsflash: Players really do quit on coaches.

Case in point: A story that John Granato tells the Monday following the loss in Nashville.

Carr gets pulled, Sage comes in and moves the ball. The announcement comes out in the post-game that Carr will be starting the following week. The media already knows, but it hasn't gotten to the locker room yet.

John Granato happens to be talking to a player (he didn't name names) after the game and the player asks him if he's heard yet who the starting QB will be the following week. Granato tells him that Carr will be starting. The player then gets visibly upset and says "You've gotta be kidding."

Then add Dunta's post-game comments from last week in Justice's column and I think we have a pretty good idea of where the locker room stands.

McNair deserves an assload of criticism. I didn't want to do it but could not resist googling "McNair Enron". This guy is tainted with the Enron brush. Just our luck he's probably the last hoodwinker that got a deal done from that plastic business era before the lights went out. The deal presumably would be to leverage a pro team in Houston. How's Enron Field these day? We are getting Enroned. Again.

"Cogen Technologies founder sold nation's then-largest privately held power company to Enron for $1.5 billion in 1999; took cash and stock. Dumped shares before energy giant's spectacular fall."

When will Houston stop being punished by this rotten cadre of "business men"?

kingh99
12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
McNair would not own shyatt today if he was trying to get a team. He'd be damaged goods. He got his deal done barely under the indictments wire. Once the Enron guys started getting indicted, he would have been smeared by the scandal and questions would have cascaded regarding the means and methods used to build empire.

kingh99
12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Now that I know McNair is a tar baby from the Enron rip off, my perceptions change 180 degrees. This guy deserves no great thanks for bringing us a team. He sold his company for inflated poison stock. Anyone that lost money on their 401K with the worthless Enron stock helped this guy buy his toy.

No wonder this franchise is suffering. It's run with cursed money. Think about it.

swtbound07
12-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I know, I just feel obligated to justify that avatar everytime it comes up..I find the whole thing semi-ridiculous, but its a slight on my credibility if i ignore it.

DoCRoN
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
You could always photoshop some battle red & deep steel blue in your jersey & tell everyone you bought it as soon as we signed Van Pelt ... :dance3: :thumbup

dirty steve
12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
not done with you b-wagon. how much clearer do i have to make it, you wear titans gear, you arent a Texans fan. period.

i wore oilers gear when they played here. i once wore a jamal anderson when i was living in savannah, georgia when we had no NFL entry. but ever since we got our team back, i have worn nothing but Texans gear. get off your high horse.

Mr. White
12-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Funny how a thread starts off talking about the future of the QB position in Houston and ends up about a guy's jersey.

And then judge how much of a fan he is because of it.

Honoring Earl 34
12-20-2006, 04:40 PM
not done with you b-wagon. how much clearer do i have to make it, you wear titans gear, you arent a Texans fan. period.

i wore oilers gear when they played here. i once wore a jamal anderson when i was living in savannah, georgia when we had no NFL entry. but ever since we got our team back, i have worn nothing but Texans gear. get off your high horse.

Are you the man law guy ? I personally don't care what he wears ... as long as he wears something .

real
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Funny how a thread starts off talking about the future of the QB position in Houston and ends up about a guy's jersey.

And then judge how much of a fan he is because of it.

I think it's so funny how they jumped on him for having a Titans jersey on.....

LOL@ them for trying to dictate a grown man's wardrobe.....

dirty steve
12-20-2006, 04:56 PM
not trying to tell him what to wear, just dont tell me you are a Texans fan if you are sporting a TITANS vy jersey.

Mr. White
12-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Somebody should go start a thread in the Texans Tailgate forum about SWT's VY jersey.

This isn't the place for it.

:offtopic

swtbound07
12-20-2006, 05:10 PM
not trying to tell him what to wear, just dont tell me you are a Texans fan if you are sporting a TITANS vy jersey.

Apparently I've slighted the judge, jury, and executioner of NFL Fandom. Or i've offended your delicate sensibilities. Your raving and judgements have been duly noted. Im Still a Texans Fan. I'd suggest you deal with it.

Texan Asylum
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
edit:

kcwilson
12-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Are you the man law guy ? I personally don't care what he wears ... as long as he wears something .

Man laws... ahh, priceless.

I was about to shoot myself for reading as much of the thread about jersey wearing as I did, until I read this post. This line was easily worth the price of admission to this ride.

Well done.

mamoo
12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth. (Of course they did draft Sloan Thomas so I guess that says something about CC or maybe that pick turned him off Texas players)

No final decision has been made about Carr. But part of the reason Kubiak got the job was because he agreed to turn Carr into an NFL playoff QB. Now that the evidence is pointing the other way, I believe Smith and Kubiak can sway Mr. McNair in the offseason. I do know that there are plenty of people inside the organization who believe Carr won't be back.

The draft and make up of the team is always ebb and flow. The final decision on Mario Williams wasn't made until 3 days before the draft.

If you're looking for opinion, I believe Carr won't be back. Rosenfels will be the starter and the Texans will use one of their picks on a QB to be groomed. I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

thunderkyss
12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
SWT, I've got to admire your patience with all this garbage about what clothes you decide to wear.

What business is it to anyone what you wear???

You're cool with me dude.

as cool as he may be....... the only reason that is his avatar, is to thumb his nose at the F.O.

infantrycak
12-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth.

There is no way CC said they wouldn't draft UT players because they didn't trust Mack Brown. Teams don't run around "trusting" college coaches in the 1st place. The Texans were noted for having a huge scouting staff to review film, pro-days and the combine--didn't stop them from making mistakes but that was bad trades and miss-evaluation not trust issues.

mamoo
12-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Well that is what he said to me when we were talking about Vince Young prior to the draft. Sorry I didn't have a tape recorder.

Marcus
12-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Let me add my two cents on this. From what I've heard, the Texans will draft Texas college players, not Texas Longhorn college players. The last regime did not trust Mack Brown's reports on his own players. That was straight out of the last GM's mouth. (Of course they did draft Sloan Thomas so I guess that says something about CC or maybe that pick turned him off Texas players)

No final decision has been made about Carr. But part of the reason Kubiak got the job was because he agreed to turn Carr into an NFL playoff QB. Now that the evidence is pointing the other way, I believe Smith and Kubiak can sway Mr. McNair in the offseason. I do know that there are plenty of people inside the organization who believe Carr won't be back.

The draft and make up of the team is always ebb and flow. The final decision on Mario Williams wasn't made until 3 days before the draft.

If you're looking for opinion, I believe Carr won't be back. Rosenfels will be the starter and the Texans will use one of their picks on a QB to be groomed. I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

Thanks for that post, mamoo.

Texan Asylum
12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
edit:

Marcus
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Well that is what he said to me when we were talking about Vince Young prior to the draft. Sorry I didn't have a tape recorder.
So, if I understand you correctly, VY would have been drafted by the Texans, if only Casserly trusted Mack Brown's player reports?

That is funny.

Honoring Earl 34
I would'nt discount anything Casserly did or said . I might believe the UT thing not because of Vince but because of Derrick Johnson .

Two players that really could of hepled were Derrick Johnson and even more Jamal Brown who has started at OT since day one for the Saints ... in fact they traded with us to get him .

swtbound07
as cool as he may be....... the only reason that is his avatar, is to thumb his nose at the F.O.

im glad you feel you have grown to know me well enough in your time on this message board to speak to my motives and intentions. However, Im a grown man and i will speak for myself thank you sir.

mamoo
12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Actually my memory isn't as good as it used to be. I forgot he had said the same thing about Derrick Thomas. Thanks for reminding me about that one. CC really didn't trust the UT staff and any of the Longhorns scouting reports.

QB75
12-20-2006, 05:45 PM

Yes, I'll give you some insight. It's all about loyalty and building, and the Texans organization is big on it. THAT is what everyone misses. It isn't about winning immediately.

David Carr came here as a rookie QB for an expansion team and has given it everything he's got despite playing under a defensively oriented Head Coach for 4 years, having no veteran QB on the team from whom to learn, and no QB coach. The Texans believe that they have solved those 3 things with the addition of Sage Rosenfels and Gary Kubiak, and Carr is going get at least another year at the helm while they try to improve the rest of the team.

The PSLs are sold, and despite the non-stop whining by the Carr-bashers, Texans tickets sell out every year. They didn't fail to sell out when the team passed on VY (thank you!) and Reggie, and they won't fail to sell out next year. The public believes in Kubiak, which means that they will buy the season tickets. So sit back and enjoy show. I'm looking forward to it.

thunderkyss
12-20-2006, 05:45 PM
And what's the problem with that??? I wear KU Jayhawk basketball clothing, and support them over Texas teams, and I'm from Texas...shouldn't make any difference. I sure wouldn't tolerate the constant lambasting SWT's been getting for his choice of clothing...but then again, I AM trying to be a better person than that.

He can wear what he wants...... he can root for whoever he wants.... I don't care. I'm just saying he chose that picture for his avatar in effect giving the organization the finger.....

He has that as his avatar, because he welcomes the repoire he gets from certain homers....

I'm just saying don't feel sorry for him.

thunderkyss
12-20-2006, 05:52 PM

What's wrong with BVP & Q ?? Why can't we groom them??

IMHO, we need to lay off QBs in the draft till the next class of attractive prospects come along......... i.e. Jay Cutler...... Lienart..... Kellen Clemens..... Brodie Croyle..... Jamarcus Russell

Say that reminds me.

I wonder what it would take to get Rohan Davey into Houston.

Porky
12-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I do wish Carr well though. He really is a stand up guy who has a great arm and nice touch. He also works very hard at his job and truely cares about the Texans and winning. He just has a little problem reading defenses, fumbling and finding open receivers.

Nice! That went from praising to bashing like AJ Foyt passing cars in his heyday. That statement is like saying you know that Ted Bundy guy down the street sure is a nice fellow. He brings us our paper, helps little old ladies accross the street, and babysits our kids. He just has a little problem with murdering single college age coeds. Other than that, he is a swell guy. :tease:

swtbound07
12-20-2006, 06:06 PM
He can wear what he wants...... he can root for whoever he wants.... I don't care. I'm just saying he chose that picture for his avatar in effect giving the organization the finger.....

He has that as his avatar, because he welcomes the repoire he gets from certain homers....

I'm just saying don't feel sorry for him.

see post 163 in this thread

Mr. White
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM

I'm not surprised to hear this at all. It seems like CC thought he had everything figured out.

No players over the age of 30.
No players from a certain college.

This stuff just reinforces what I already suspected.

Erratic Assassin
12-20-2006, 06:44 PM

Interesting. I, for one, have never understood the "addition by subtraction" philosophy the Texans seem to live by. What is the benefit in letting players go and getting nothing in return? If nothing else, we could use the depth.

Yes, P Burn was a huge disappointment but he's still better than what we have. At least he could be returning the ball for us. Yes, Billy Miller isn't the second coming of Tony Gonzales, but he was successful with the Texans and I don't see how letting these guys go makes us any better.

Texan Asylum
12-20-2006, 06:44 PM
SWT, I've got to admire your patience with all this garbage about what clothes you decide to wear.

What business is it to anyone what you wear???

You're cool with me dude.

And what's the problem with that??? I wear KU Jayhawk basketball clothing, and support them over Texas teams, and I'm from Texas...shouldn't make any difference. I sure wouldn't tolerate the constant lambasting SWT's been getting for his choice of clothing...but then again, I AM trying to be a better person than that.

I need to learn to stay out of other people's affairs. Forgive my intrusion into this issue.

Thanks...

mamoo
12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Nice! That went from praising to bashing like AJ Foyt passing cars in his heyday. That statement is like saying you know that Ted Bundy guy down the street sure is a nice fellow. He brings us our paper, helps little old ladies accross the street, and babysits our kids. He just has a little problem with murdering single college age coeds. Other than that, he is a swell guy. :tease:

That was my little way of making a joke. He's a nice, stand up guy... just not an NFL starting caliber QB with the Texans.

hollywood_texan
12-20-2006, 07:07 PM
The PSLs are sold, and despite the non-stop whining by the Carr-bashers, Texans tickets sell out every year. They didn't fail to sell out when the team passed on VY (thank you!) and Reggie, and they won't fail to sell out next year. The public believes in Kubiak, which means that they will buy the season tickets. So sit back and enjoy show. I'm looking forward to it.

It remains to be seen what will happen to the Texans and the season tickets for 2007. The situation from this time last year to this year, is miles apart. No need to get into the details.

My point is, hope for the near future is really non-existent, particularly when McNair says "fans want short-term results and they are planning for the long-term." That seems to make no sense since the team is already in it's 5th year and still hasn't produce anything. Maybe McNair's idea of long-term is 15 or so years, and short-term being 10 years or less.

Hopefully you see my point.

I think if the Texans keep this roll of losing through mid next season, the fan base is going to lose a lot interest fast.

Double Barrel
12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
So, if I understand you correctly, VY would have been drafted by the Texans, if only Casserly trusted Mack Brown's player reports?

I honestly don't think Kubiak would have chosen VY out of the three QBs in the draft, IMHO. The Titans have admitted to simplifying the offense for Young and running it out of a shotgun. Both of these philosophies are not what Kubiak desires from his QB. His WC offense is a pretty deep pro-style philosophy, and he's even had to scale it back for Carr. I have little doubt that if Kubiak was choosing a QB, he would have went with Leinart or Cutler before picking Young.

Malloy
12-20-2006, 07:28 PM

Interesting as always, thank you very much!

hollywood_texan
12-20-2006, 07:56 PM
I have little doubt that if Kubiak was choosing a QB, he would have went with Leinart or Cutler before picking Young.

Leinart doesn't have the mobility required for Kubiak's type of offense.

aj.
12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
I would'nt discount anything Casserly did or said . I might believe the UT thing not because of Vince but because of Derrick Johnson .

Two players that really could of hepled were Derrick Johnson and even more Jamal Brown who has started at OT since day one for the Saints ... in fact they traded with us to get him .

We bypassed DJ and Jamal Brown (Pro Bowl) for Travis Johnson.

Yeah, we got Winston out of the deal - I know - but that's just one of a dozen boneheaded decisions made by our former GM that set this org back a year for every year it existed.

tsip
12-20-2006, 08:59 PM
The monies we can charge for all our forms of advertising is 'fan driven.' I know-in the past-sold seats that were empty during the game were not a good thing. For one thing, if the seats in the stadium are not only sold out but filled to, you can bet there is a 'solid' TV audience as well. More fans in the stadium and at home represent more potential customers to buy the advertisers products--too, there are more advertisers paying more money to get/buy those ad spots to get the customers business. However, fewer fans means fewer ad dollars spent for a smaller audience....

As empty as the stadium has been this year, plus tickets readily available on game day--not a good sign for anyone in the 'money' equation.

McNair, personally, can probably take a personal hit in the 'cash flow' market, but that may not be true for some of the Texans Minority Owners--especially if it means a bigger infusion of 'owner' money...

Bottom line? This team needs a 'serious dose' of effective decision making that fills the stadium back up. Too, I believe this has to be a re-curring synopsis--especially in Houston where fans will 'knock' down the door for a winning team but will stay home for a loser...

Look at what the Astros first trip to the World Series in '05 did for their sub-par results in '06...3 million fans. Now, McLane knows he can't stand pat or that 'new' fan base will turn to 'toast...'Stros have already added a 'big'time hitter and 2 pitchers and aren't done yet...

What will the Texans do to try and head-off their shrinking fan base....

Double Barrel
12-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Leinart doesn't have the mobility required for Kubiak's type of offense.

yeah, probably so...judging by Denver's pick, Cutler would probably have been Kubiak's choice, too.

Scottyboy
12-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Jeezzz...How dishearting to read. I completely believe what you post man, I don't think you would come on here and BS everyone for no particular reason SWT. That being said, what is this guy(Bobby) thinking?? IS he off his rocker or something?

I think it has something to do with his dumb pride on taking carr #1 in 2002

Crazy how us fans could put together a better football team then million dollar scouting staffs and coaches???? boggles the mind???

Im serious here, no sarcism... I could GM this better then CC could ever dream!!!!!!! yet he still laughs all the way to the bank.

MAD WORLD!!! :tease: :tease:

dannyboy
12-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Wow.

These last few pages have been the best thing I've read on here since the enlightening "Vince Young has no class/doesn’t respect the White House" discussion that took place before the draft. Great stuff. Oddly enough, the debate once again revolves around the all-important subject of what a person chooses to wear.

Too bad that, unlike the previously mentioned discussion, it is littered with all this trivial banter about inside information from the front office and the many critical decisions that lay ahead. Oh well.

swtbound07
12-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Wow.

These last few pages have been the best thing I've read on here since the enlightening "Vince Young has no class/doesn’t respect the White House" discussion that took place before the draft. Great stuff. Oddly enough, the debate once again revolves around the all-important subject of what a person chooses to wear.

Too bad that, unlike the previously mentioned discussion, it is littered with all this trivial banter about inside information from the front office and the many critical decisions that lay ahead. Oh well.

Good call...I was remembering that thread as well. Ironically enough, I was prominently involved in that debate as well.

gtexan02
02-07-2007, 08:52 PM

Just wondering what you have to say about this now that McNair/Smith have, in as good as they will, apologized for the play of David Carr, AND made it clear to the NFL, at least in the public eye, that Carr is available for the right bidder, AND there are rumors about Plummer?

swtbound07
02-08-2007, 02:44 AM
As of the last time i talked to my friend, there was internal division about david, moreso than two months ago, but indications are still strong from above that carr will still be here. Less certain than before, but the second i hear anything different i will be back to let you know.

Edited to add

And mcnairs quote says we have to improve the quarterback position, either with david or with some ADDITIONAL help. Don't read this as david leaving, more as a head nod to the possibility of plummer in free agency

jayjordan
02-08-2007, 03:02 AM
When carr is traded and everything you said isnt going to happen does, just dont post anymore.

Carr Bombed
02-08-2007, 03:13 AM
When carr is traded and everything you said isnt going to happen does, just dont post anymore.

swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......hmm

I happen to like "inside information" and theres alot of it on this board. (Carr's brother posts here for crying sake.) I really don't think swtbound is pulling stuff out of his *** and is a credible poster, but people are people and people's opinions change all the time, even within our organization. So even if OUR ORGANIZATION changes their opinion about Carr, I'm not going to hold that against someone trying to feed inside information.

Look at it this way swtbound never really supported Carr, so what motive does he have trying to convince people that "Carr is our QB or he's going to be here". You can't deny Bob did everything in his power to make the city of Houston support Carr and make him successful, especially at the time this thread originally started. He can post here anytime, because he contributes quality posts, something thats few and far between on this board.

swtbound07
02-08-2007, 03:37 AM
swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......hmm

I happen to like "inside information" and theres alot of it on this board. (Carr's brother posts here for crying sake.) I really don't think swtbound is pulling stuff out of his *** and is a credible poster, but people are people and people's opinions change all the time, even within our organization. So even if OUR ORGANIZATION changes their opinion about Carr, I'm not going to hold that against someone trying to feed inside information.

Look at it this way swtbound never really supported Carr, so what motive does he have trying to convince people that "Carr is our QB or he's going to be here". You can't deny Bob did everything in his power to make the city of Houston support Carr and make him successful, especially at the time this thread originally started. He can post here anytime, because he contributes quality posts, something thats few and far between on this board.

Thats the key sentence in this post. I am very anti-carr

jayjordan
02-08-2007, 06:38 AM
swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......
And that means what now? He's talking like he's in the texan organization front office. "EVERYTHING is wrong about everything" if what he says doesnt happen then I was just saying in a joking way "dont post" but I see you got your panties in a bunch about it. And carr's brother is who now? Is he in the front office of the organization. David doesnt even know whats going on with his situation himself so what would his brother know.Lets just hope the statements made by swtbound doesnt come true and we do get a better QB.

P.S. Quit being so up tight, loosen up

jayjordan
02-08-2007, 06:48 AM
How about we ban any david carr talk until something becomes official

Carr Bombed
02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
swtbound has almost 4000 posts and been here for almost 3 years, you've been here for just 1 year and almost 1 hundred post.......
And that means what now? He's talking like he's in the texan organization front office. "EVERYTHING is wrong about everything" if what he says doesnt happen then I was just saying in a joking way "dont post" but I see you got your panties in a bunch about it. And carr's brother is who now? Is he in the front office of the organization. David doesnt even know whats going on with his situation himself so what would his brother know.Lets just hope the statements made by swtbound doesnt come true and we do get a better QB.

P.S. Quit being so up tight, loosen up

Bravo...thats exactly what I would type if I didn't know what to say....it only took you 3 hours

My sister used to say she was "just joking" when she had nothing else to say either too

Also I don't wear panties :bubble: and if you paid attention the past 2 1/2 months you would know who Carr's brother is, personally I feel sorry for him logging on here and won't reviel his name.

PS

please rant on :popcorn:

HJam72
02-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Also I don't wear panties :bubble:

That's always good to know. :ok:

Scooter
02-08-2007, 09:00 AM
First off, i didnt read the whole 10 pages, so if i missed some actual discussion forgive me ... all i did read was that the sky is falling. i dont doubt that swt posted what his insider told him, i'm doubting the insider. john mclain is very close to the organization and i dont believe a single word he says. unless the informant is kukiak, rick smith, or mcnair himself ... they only know what they've been told. maybe it was they way swt portrayed this information, but no one in the entire organization is completely sure of anything. if a deal comes for carr that we like, or the partial owners put their foot down, or any of 100 things happen ... carr could not be here. i think it's foolish to deal in absolutes, or believe anyone that does. i've read enough from swt to generally believe what he says, so after this post it wouldnt suprise me if an effort was made to keep carr and continue building the team around him. i dont agree with that ideal, but it wouldnt suprise me.

the part that put me in this non belief category is the part about not drafting hometown kids. it's silly to exclude a large part of your options for no discernable reason, especially when those options are easiest to get full information about. it's just plain dumb to tell people that this is your philosophy. IF this is true (which i doubt), i have zero faith in whoever said this's ability to be an intrical part of a football franchise. if we want to be a winning team, we need to examine all options possible and decide who's best for the team regardless of where they're from.

relax folks, the sky isnt falling.

and stop with this post count nonsense. it'd take me no time at all to lead the forum in posts, that wouldnt change the fact that a lot of folks here know a lot more football than me. it wouldnt change my post's legitimacy if this were my first. same with tenure and footballs, they're only a small part of someone's recognition ... decide for yourself what you think is right/wrong or smart/silly or whatever.

HJam72
02-08-2007, 09:04 AM
When you own a small business, it's always a bad idea to hire anyone who lives in your state. :wacko:

2BCF
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM

Ha! Yeah, the kid looks like he stepped in it. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't title the thread that way.
I think instead of banning(if Davey goes), he should just create a new thread, "I Was Wrong About EVERYTHING".
That might help regain some cred.

2BCF
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I can assure you, new guy...SWT couldn't care less about your view...or anyone elses view of his "cred."

LOL
Look, the kid got cocky and staked out his stance on the issue and is now having to backtrack.
Not the end of the world for him, those lessons come with age, it's called accountability. We're just poking fun so lighten up.

HJam72
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I can assure you, new guy...SWT couldn't care less about your view...or anyone elses view of his "cred."

I think I can vouch for that. It's not going to bother him much. It'll just somehow be a way to make this the NEXT longest thread ever, lol.

Scooter
02-08-2007, 09:28 AM
hell i didnt even notice that this was an old post ... dang.

Mr. White
02-08-2007, 09:34 AM
LOL
Look, the kid got cocky and staked out his stance on the issue and is now having to backtrack.
Not the end of the world for him, those lessons come with age, it's called accountability. We're just poking fun so lighten up.

Pretty obvious you haven't read much of this thread before you posted.

jerek
02-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I still can't even fathom that we have so many people placing such stock in sourcelesss Jake Plummer rumors when again I point out that every media source in the entire country knew with unquestioned certainty that we were drafting Reggie "Sure Thing" Bush last year. But hey, if someone in the paper said it, it must be true!

2BCF
02-08-2007, 09:49 AM

When you put yourself out there like this, you have to expect to be called on it.

Brandon420tx
02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Pretty obvious you haven't read much of this thread before you posted.

No he's the type who only visits threads to burn on Carr, without actually reading the info in the thread. Not to be confused with my idiotic posts, I actually try to understand whats going on in the thread before posting. (I just usually fail miserably at it):cry2:

:includeme:

dalemurphy
02-08-2007, 09:52 AM

I'm so tired of all the whining UT fans! There is no conspiracy to keep David Carr nor a plot to keep UT players away from the Texans. The truth is that Mack Brown has poorly developed most of the talent he's acquired at UT and avoiding UT players on the first day wouldn't be the worst policy I can imagine. Most UT players drafted in round one the past 9 years have been busts or at least disappointments.

Regardless, there are 32 teams and the fact that a UT player hasn't been drafted by Houston yet doesn't even qualify as a minor coincidence. Instead, I find it reassuring that our organization doesn't have a policy to get local kids in order to please fans and make a popular choice.

The Texans have been bad to awful over these first five years and I can share your frustration with that but it has nothing to do with rejecting UT or UH players nor any secret conversations from McNair about keeping David Carr no matter what. We are recovering from a bad GM and head coach and some bad luck... All the crying about missing Vince Young is ridiculous. Here are the decisions that have this team losing: Buchanan trade, JBabin trade, Travis Johnson draft (instead of Jamaal Brown not D.Johnson), Glenn release, Todd Wade signing, Robaire Smith signing, Tony Hollings draft, Victor Riley signing, Pendry promotion, among others....

Brandon420tx
02-08-2007, 09:54 AM
When you put yourself out there like this, you have to expect to be called on it.

What information do you have that proves that statement to be false?

Is it legitimate, is it a figment of your imagination, are their voice (rumors) in your head?

I have not seen anything official that says "David Carr will not be on the Texans roster next year"

Mr. White
02-08-2007, 10:03 AM
I still can't even fathom that we have so many people placing such stock in sourcelesss Jake Plummer rumors when again I point out that every media source in the entire country knew with unquestioned certainty that we were drafting Reggie "Sure Thing" Bush last year. But hey, if someone in the paper said it, it must be true!

The Jake Plummer thing might be sourceless, but it's not much of a stretch. Coaches always want their guys if they can get 'em.

I still think that the Texans had every intention of taking Reggie Bush before they smelled a potential scandal. I've heard from 2 places (Justice's blog, John and Lance) that Casserly was leaking this stuff to the media. Problem is that it wasn't his decision.

I also think people are reading more into the McNair quote than what is really there. I think that he just made that quote to put people on notice that he's not necessarily married to Carr anymore as his QB.

There's still a long way to go before we know if Carr will be here next year or not. Free agency...the combine...individual workouts...the draft.

jerek
02-08-2007, 10:07 AM
The Jake Plummer thing might be sourceless, but it's not much of a stretch. Coaches always want their guys if they can get 'em.

I still think that the Texans had every intention of taking Reggie Bush before they smelled a potential scandal. I've heard from 2 places (Justice's blog, John and Lance) that Casserly was leaking this stuff to the media. Problem is that it wasn't his decision.

I also think people are reading more into the McNair quote than what is really there. I think that he just made that quote to put people on notice that he's not necessarily married to Carr anymore as his QB.

There's still a long way to go before we know if Carr will be here next year or not. Free agency...the combine...individual workouts...the draft.

Totally agreed on all counts. FWIW my information is that the Texans FO were pretty split on Reggie vs Mario leading up to the draft last year but Mario won out because they wanted defense and had questions about Reggie's future as an NFL RB (surprise surprise he wasn't much of that this year.) Vince was brought in as a hometown courtesy and while this of course looks shortsighted now he was never seriously in the running at the time.

We are still waiting on the combine as well as individual workouts, interviews, the FA, etc. Even if the FO was dead set on replacing Carr they wouldn't be announcing it yet. I think McNair's quote was simply to indicate that they are not married to Carr and it's as simple as that.

gtexan02
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I think the key here, and the reason everyone is getting conforntation, is that unless swt's inside man is McNair himself, there is no "PERIOD" for sure. He may be 80% correct. His source might change his mind. But if theres any chance his source might change his mind, the wording in the post should allude to that. Not indicate 100% probability.

El Amigo Invisible
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Trade Mckinney and Carr to Tennessee for VY :aikido:

Hulk75
02-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree, who in the hell would want David?....this is "one" of the reasons why I wasn't so big on the texans signing him back.

I have no idea who? probably know body, right?:shades: Really as of yesterday............... never mind it will play out.

All I can do is pray the Lord will put him in the right place. Wherever that is.

Double Barrel
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM

'eh, don't shoot the messenger. :howdy:

swt is a good guy, and I think he's credible when he's giving us info from his source. He readily admits that it could be incorrect, or a distraction measure, but his guy inside the organization was kind enough to share his perspective with swt, who was cool enough to share it with us.

A forum is for conversation and exchanging ideas. Argue the point of the message all day long, but there is no need to make it personal.

I think DC will be here in 2007 for a variety of reasons. The owner likes him, the HC thinks he's got potential, and his contract is too big/long to make a trade. Cutting him gives us a big cap hit, and the reality is that there is slim pickings out there for another QB that is clearly an upgrade (Plummer is not a clear upgrade at this point, but rather a potential minor upgrade with a big price tag).

It's not the end of the world if Carr is back, either. He's better than Rex Grossman, IMO, and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl. We just need a consistently dominant defense and solid running game to make it work (ala the Colts game).

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
I have no idea who? probably know body, right?:shades: Really as of yesterday............... never mind it will play out.

All I can do is pray the Lord will put him in the right place. Wherever that is.

And i feel with all my heart, I feel it will be with the Texans....There just aren't no better options out there..I'll take my chances with CARR...

QB75
02-08-2007, 07:48 PM

Finally, someone who gets it. I have trying to explain this to people for two months.

Erratic Assassin
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
his contract is too big/long to make a trade. Cutting him gives us a big cap hit

(Plummer is not a clear upgrade at this point, but rather a potential minor upgrade with a big price tag).

Exactly.

Like it or not, we committed to Carr last year.

There are no better alternatives. This is not the year to make a move for a QB. 37 year old Garcia is not the answer and neither is Jake the Snake. We missed our opportunity last year with Cutler and VY. Now we'll have to wait another year or two. Everybody just needs to deal with it and quit looking for a quick fix because there isn't one.

QB75
02-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Exactly.

There are no better alternatives. This is not the year to make a move for a QB. 37 year old Garcia is not the answer and neither is Jake the Snake. We missed our opportunity last year with Cutler and VY. Now we'll have to wait another year or two. Everybody just needs to deal with it and quit looking for a quick fix because there isn't one.

ANOTHER guy who gets it! :highfive:

RTP2110
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Exactly.

Good post, I agree. Although I do not think Carr is our long term solution, I don't see anyone available this year who is.

Scooter
02-08-2007, 09:20 PM

swt is a good guy, and I think he's credible when he's giving us info from his source. He readily admits that it could be incorrect, or a distraction measure, but his guy inside the organization was kind enough to share his perspective with swt, who was cool enough to share it with us.

A forum is for conversation and exchanging ideas. Argue the point of the message all day long, but there is no need to make it personal.

I think DC will be here in 2007 for a variety of reasons. The owner likes him, the HC thinks he's got potential, and his contract is too big/long to make a trade. Cutting him gives us a big cap hit, and the reality is that there is slim pickings out there for another QB that is clearly an upgrade (Plummer is not a clear upgrade at this point, but rather a potential minor upgrade with a big price tag).

It's not the end of the world if Carr is back, either. He's better than Rex Grossman, IMO, and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl. We just need a consistently dominant defense and solid running game to make it work (ala the Colts game).

it's possible i misread the posts, but i think we'd save roughly 3mil this year by cutting him after june 1st and about 4mil next year (and he only has 2 years on the extension, not very long). plummer would eat that and then some, but going in with sage as a starter would save us money. i do think that plummer is an upgrade, but that debate's going on in enough threads. ideally i'd go into the season with sage and see who's around in this and next years' drafts. BVP isnt much of a backup, but he knows the system and can be used as a #2 and we've got quinton porter playing NFLE who will sit on the first practice squad spot. it's not pretty, but IMO it's a bandaid upgrade until we find a fix.

thunderkyss
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
it's possible i misread the posts, but i think we'd save roughly 3mil this year by cutting him after june 1st and about 4mil next year (and he only has 2 years on the extension, not very long). plummer would eat that and then some, but going in with sage as a starter would save us money. i do think that plummer is an upgrade, but that debate's going on in enough threads. ideally i'd go into the season with sage and see who's around in this and next years' drafts. BVP isnt much of a backup, but he knows the system and can be used as a #2 and we've got quinton porter playing NFLE who will sit on the first practice squad spot. it's not pretty, but IMO it's a bandaid upgrade until we find a fix.

How do we know BVP isn't much of a back up?? The guys at Colorado seem to like him quite a bit..... the fans in Denver enjoy watching him play. They didn't bat an eye when Denver drafted Cutler, so I'd assume they clearly feel he is no franchise guy, but everything I've heard/read...... they liked him as a back-up.

Scooter
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Exactly.

in my opinion and many others', removing carr is the quick fix. i defended him for 4 years, and learned a lot about football doing so. i was breaking down replays working on offensive and defensive lines and went the longest time blaming everyone else on offense. i'm done doing it. when we blocked well, carr failed. when we blocked poorly, carr failed. when we ran well, carr failed. when we ran poorly, carr failed. there's 1 constant.

it's all in his head though which makes it so tough to swallow. he's a smart kid with all of the physical tools to be great. and he still might be, but he's not going get his head right in houston. it benefits everyone to release or trade him IMO.

Scooter
02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
How do we know BVP isn't much of a back up?? The guys at Colorado seem to like him quite a bit..... the fans in Denver enjoy watching him play. They didn't bat an eye when Denver drafted Cutler, so I'd assume they clearly feel he is no franchise guy, but everything I've heard/read...... they liked him as a back-up.

wow, i thought he was more seasoned ... i just now learned he's going into only his 3rd year. i knew he'd only been a backup, and reports from practice this season were that he was struggling mightily. i assumed (falsely) that he'd been a backup for 4-6 years. but just on probabilities, a 7th rounder with no starts and on his second team in his first 2 years doesnt spark excitement.

i dont doubt that he was a fan favorite in denver, backup qb's always are. it actually suprised me that i found myself rooting for him the only time i saw play in 05 and if i remember right, again during this preseason. he's a likable kid and strangely a lot of fun to watch. i think he's a servicable backup based on what little bit i saw, and the fact that kubiak's stuck with him. that and his experience in the system have me comfortable enough with BVP and sage going into the 07 season as i said.

edo783
02-09-2007, 12:21 AM
If you want BVP to be the starter, you need to get back on your meds real quick. I can't remember the kid that played for the Oilers that was a QB, but acted more like a Line backer, but that would be BVP. He is a wildman and runs pretty well. Unfortunatly, that's pretty much it. Kind of fun to watch a line backer play QB, but it wont float the boat during the NFL season. Worked "OK" in the college Mountain division and made him sort of a hero, but not an NFL QB.

Arky
02-09-2007, 12:31 AM
I can't remember the kid that played for the Oilers that was a QB, but acted more like a Line backer....

I believe that would be Bucky Richardson - wild man extraordinaire...

TwinSisters
02-09-2007, 12:32 AM
If you want BVP to be the starter, you need to get back on your meds real quick. I can't remember the kid that played for the Oilers that was a QB, but acted more like a Line backer, but that would be BVP. He is a wildman and runs pretty well. Unfortunatly, that's pretty much it. Kind of fun to watch a line backer play QB, but it wont float the boat during the NFL season. Worked "OK" in the college Mountain division and made him sort of a hero, but not an NFL QB.

Bucky Richardson.
Or Billy Joe Tolliver ( but Tolliver threw the ball )

Cody Carlson would now quarterback the new offense but he separated his shoulder in the season opener. In stepped a gutsy young man named Bucky Richardson. The NFL had probably not seen a QB with less physical skills since Joe Kapp led Minnesota to Super Bowl IV. But he was legendary at Texas A&M for his ability to win games with his arm, his legs, his will, his guile - whatever it took. Bucky was Houston's last draft pick in 1992 and saw only mop-up and special teams duties for two years.
-HPF

Scooter
02-09-2007, 12:47 AM
bucky didnt have gary kubiak. and no one's expection BVP to start, i'm comfortable with him spot starting or coming in in a pinch.

The Pencil Neck
02-09-2007, 01:12 AM
bucky didnt have gary kubiak. and no one's expection BVP to start, i'm comfortable with him spot starting or coming in in a pinch.

Well, hey, let's think about this. Sage broke his hand making a tackle (a really nice gutsy tackle, iirc) after a missed kick, right? Then let's let BVP be the holder from now on. That way, when Kris misses a kick, BVP can use his athleticism and linebacker mentality to his fullest.

Scooter
02-09-2007, 01:29 AM
as long as we dont give that job to romo, i'm fine. :doot:

edo783
02-09-2007, 03:03 AM
Yup, it was Bucky that I was thinking of. BVP MIGHT be "OK" in back up duty, but please don't ever put him in the "He can be the starting QB for this team" conversation. To even suggest that is stupid.

Scooter
02-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Yup, it was Bucky that I was thinking of. BVP MIGHT be "OK" in back up duty, but please don't ever put him in the "He can be the starting QB for this team" conversation. To even suggest that is stupid.

no one has even suggested BVP as a starter. the only legitimate arguement put forth is sage/carr/plummer.

edo783
02-09-2007, 09:24 AM
no one has even suggested BVP as a starter. the only legitimate arguement put forth is sage/carr/plummer.

Might want to check some of TKs and a couple of others posts.

SamuraiSword
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM

I agree with that, but some people take message boards way too seriously. So how do you gain respect??

SamuraiSword
02-09-2007, 12:22 PM

So what makes you think BVP is only a back-up career QB? No one has ever seen him play. He was good in college, but hardly ever got a shot. Carr was good in college and is doing horrible in the NFL as a starter. He got his shot for five years. I think Carr would be a decent back-up. I want to know your opinion?

edo783
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
So what makes you think BVP is only a back-up career QB? No one has ever seen him play. He was good in college, but hardly ever got a shot. Carr was good in college and is doing horrible in the NFL as a starter. He got his shot for five years. I think Carr would be a decent back-up. I want to know your opinion?

Well, if you check were I live you will know I have seen him play a whole lot including up close and personal with the Broncos, not to mention several times a week with CSU.

old football fan
02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Everyone is wrong about everything!!! Did my wife start this thread because that's what she yell's at me all the time. If the FO and HC want Carr back then he will be back, if they want to trade him he will be traded. Only time will tell.

El Amigo Invisible
02-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I hate to say I told you so . VY = ROY

TexansSB07
02-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Daddy used to say there were some folks, that believed they were legends. But he did add in their own minds

QB75
02-09-2007, 07:32 PM
I hate to say I told you so . VY = ROY

Wow. What an unconventional pick too.

thunderkyss
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
hey QB75......... what's David doing this off-season to improve his "skills"

QB75
02-09-2007, 09:11 PM
hey QB75......... what's David doing this off-season to improve his "skills"

and you would care because.....?

Mr. White
02-09-2007, 09:24 PM
and you would care because.....?

Because he's going to camp....isn't he? Some guys would like to know how he's getting ready for it.

That is if you're here to talk football instead of trying to patrol the fans.

thunderkyss
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Because he's going to camp....isn't he? Some guys would like to know how he's getting ready for it.

That is if you're here to talk football instead of trying to patrol the fans.

Some of us would like to know if he is taking enough interest in his own career to know that he needs to go above and beyond........

Like hiring one of these hot shot trainers to help him with his game.... you know, like Vince did before the '06 season started.

BattleRedToro
02-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Some of us would like to know if he is taking enough interest in his own career to know that he needs to go above and beyond........

Like hiring one of these hot shot trainers to help him with his game.... you know, like Vince did before the '06 season started.

Why? So he can have a 51.5 Completion % or a QB rating of 66.7? Yeah, I'm sure David Carr wants to model his throwing game after Vince Young.:stirpot:

QB75
02-09-2007, 10:48 PM

I doubt that you have much of an interest. It looks like Vince is your idol. Nice avatar.

Mr. White
02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
I doubt that you have much of an interest. It looks like Vince is your idol. Nice avatar.

You got it wrong here, Daddy-O.

This ain't the Mommas and Poppas' message board.

You just got asked an honest question by an honest fan. Do you not have an answer?

The Pencil Neck
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM

He lost a bet.

Let that roll around your noggin for a little bit.

Double Barrel
02-10-2007, 01:59 PM

It's sad that this is a legitimate question about our QB. His priorities have been reported to not have the NFL as his number one commitment in life. To be the best, you have to strive to be the best, including work ethic and dedication to the complexities of the job.

I'm not doggin' the guy, because it's his life. But Peyton Manning is who he is because of the work he puts into learning the position and his drive to be the best at what he does. Homework is a big part of that equation.

thunderkyss
02-10-2007, 02:04 PM
He lost a bet.

Let that roll around your noggin for a little bit.

The bet was that David would have a better stat line than Vince in the Titans game at Reliant..

It was a sure thing.......

go figure.

TwinSisters
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
The bet was that David would have a better stat line than Vince in the Titans game at Reliant..

It was a sure thing.......

go figure.

ahh... a gambler. How long do you have to fly Young's pic?

and if you wanna make another bet, I will bet you Young has a better stat line in 2007 than Carr. Loser gets a David Carr tatoo on his forearm. ( I'll pay either way ).

( although it is not going to cost me anything, because I'll get the tatoo shop to spring the ink for free, in return for the TV coverage. McClain will drop your name for sure... maybe for the next 10 to 20 years too. Heck, you might even get a line in SI and a cameo in Madden. )

QB75
02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
You got it wrong here, Daddy-O.

This ain't the Mommas and Poppas' message board.

You just got asked an honest question by an honest fan. Do you not have an answer?

No, actually I think I got it right. Anyone posting a VY avatar isn't looking for anything constructive regarding David Carr. :shades:

Scottyboy
02-10-2007, 08:52 PM
8. HOUSTON TEXANS
ADRIAN PETERSON RB | Oklahoma | Scouting Report
Some may be surprised to see Peterson fall this far but not only is it possible but at this point it's almost likely. While nobody doubts his phenomenal talent there are some major durability concerns with Peterson, who was never even able to make it through a full college season without getting hurt and missing time. There are few things that will frustrate a team more than an injury-prone running back which is why he's still on the board here. The Texans actually already have a solid running back with durability problems in Domanick Williams (formerly Davis) but he's coming off a major injury and can't be counted on at this point and they certainly can't go into another season expecting the likes of Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado to carry the load. Some may counter that Gary Kubiak comes from the Denver system and doesn't believe in using first round picks on runners but they failed to turn the also-rans they had into studs like the Broncos consistently do and Peterson is a rare prospect. Bringing in a local hometown hero like Peterson might also alleviate some of the pain the Houston fan base feels and help eliminate some of the ill will that has been aimed at the franchise since they took a pass on Vince Young.

The Pencil Neck
02-10-2007, 09:22 PM
No, actually I think I got it right. Anyone posting a VY avatar isn't looking for anything constructive regarding David Carr. :shades:

So you totally ignored what I wrote? TKyss doesn't WANT to have a Young avatar; Carr's performance FORCED him to have a Young avatar because of a bet.

Honoring Earl 34
02-11-2007, 12:12 AM

I would have made the same offer to you . The great avatar bet ... only TK responded .

It was as clear as day that VY was going into Reliant and do to this franchise what Sherman did to the South .

QB75
02-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I would have made the same offer to you . The great avatar bet ... only TK responded .

It was as clear as day that VY was going into Reliant and do to this franchise what Sherman did to the South .

VY didn't come into Reliant and prove anything. Re ran for a TD. The Titans won a game. "what Sherman did to the South...". not quite.:bubble:

Erratic Assassin
02-11-2007, 11:23 AM
While nobody doubts his phenomenal talent there are some major durability concerns with Peterson, who was never even able to make it through a full college season without getting hurt and missing time. There are few things that will frustrate a team more than an injury-prone running back

Another talented "injury-prone" player? No thank you.

After Tony Boselli, Bennie Joppru, and Domanick Davis/ Williams I can't take it anymore.

Maybe I'm a little gun-shy about injury-prone players after watching the Rockets the past 2 years.

aj.
02-11-2007, 11:30 AM
VY didn't come into Reliant and prove anything.

QB75 during a previous work assignment:

http://dunamai.com/Humor/BagdadBob/images/bagdad_bob_large.gif

beerlover
02-11-2007, 11:58 AM
QB75 during a previous work assignment:

http://dunamai.com/Humor/BagdadBob/images/bagdad_bob_large.gif

Casserly is that you :confused:

NATHANHALE
02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
VY didn't come into Reliant and prove anything. Re ran for a TD. The Titans won a game. "what Sherman did to the South...". not quite.:bubble:

...won a game!!! WOW, I think you got it, especially if you win more than you lose--unfortunately, some do it in their first year while others--no names, here--never quite understand that an excuse doesn't count as a win...