PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'Homer Excuses For Carr' Thread

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
You guys have been backing this pile of garbage for 5 years now...have you finally had enough? Probably not.

Please post your lame excuses for Carr on this thread.

ItsAJtime
12-17-2006, 03:20 PM
They were in a cover two.

FanZilla
12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
The carr homers are wearing there paper sacks.:bag: :hides:

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM
The carr homers are wearing there paper sacks.:bag: :hides:

some are so out of touch with reality, they would probably put plastic sacks on their head oblivious to the danger

amazingandre
12-17-2006, 03:35 PM
kubs let him throw it deep and he lost concentration and confidnce so he blw it and layed down like a little puppy dog

The Dream
12-17-2006, 03:37 PM
every single post in this thread has been funny in one way or another.

the wonger need food
12-17-2006, 03:37 PM
He has a hard adjusting to different time zones?

I don't know if there are any legitimate excuses left for this guy.

Texans34Life
12-17-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't care if they were in a Cover 15. Carr sucks and is an absolute embarrassment to this franchise.

MrMeToo
12-17-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't care if they were in a Cover 15. Carr sucks and is an absolute embarrassment to this franchise.

I agree...

The Dream
12-17-2006, 03:39 PM
where's that David Carr Haiku thread when you need it?

Trap_Star
12-17-2006, 03:41 PM
The Tin guy from "The Wizard of OZ" has more heart than David Carr...

Heath Shuler
12-17-2006, 03:43 PM
The O-line made Carr throw 4 ints.

Buffi2
12-17-2006, 03:45 PM
The Texans in general and Carr specifically "left everything they had on the field" last Sunday, lost it, and couldn't find it again for this game

The Dream
12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.....in this case that excuse wouldn't even work for David.

coachdent
12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Once again Carr haters can point to the offensive line having nothing to do with today.

Once again you can not point to a putrid run game.

Once again you can not point out a defense that got shreaded.

Once again you can point the revolver solely on #8.

The season is over. The race is for a draft pick now. The Texans don't go into New England after the Patriots lost last weekend and win with ANY quarterback in the league. No one wins that game. Not Vince Young. Not Peyton Manning. Not Joe Montana.

What is the point in ripping Carr when we get our *****es kicked? Just stupid.

By the way....once again numbers don't mean anything and the guy just wins.
Vince Young stellar against a real NFL football team...
*8-for-15 for 85 yards.
*Had a fumble that had eyes and was willed into one of his offensive linemen.
*Showed his courageous leadership by throwing up a punt into the arms of a Jaguar. His trademark confidence forced the defender to drop the sure pick.
*He threw a pass with 1:02 seconds left on the clock to no one and tricked the officials thinking that it was his trademark inability to hit a moving target that forced them not to throw a flag. However, Jacksonville had no timeouts at the time...some may say pretty stupid...but then again, it's not Carr.
*VY also took a 23 yard sack today. Did an excellent job of wearing out the Jaguar defense making them chase him like that.
*The ever dangerous VY and his masterful directing of the Titan offense yielded a grand total of 98 yards in an NFL football game.

Oh yeah...they won. Great QB. Great job. Please.

I'm more worried about our whole team sucking. I'm concerned that we don't have playmakers on the offensive side of the ball and that our OLine Sucks. I'm pissed that our offensive playcalling is all over the place and that the lack of creativity in our pass game is sophomoric. NONE of the above will be remedied this season. ALL of which will require free agency and the draft to fix.

But flog away at DC. He stunk today. And in your minds he was the only one who stunk. Pathetic.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Can I just save them the time:

1) He is great despite the line
2) We surrond him with no one.
3) It isn't his fault that his puny hands can't hang onto the ball
4) The hair was in his eyes
5) Did you hear the interview, he is a good guy
6) The receivers are running the wronf routes
7) The Patriots sometimes wear Blue jerseys also.
8)Coach sucks

The Dream
12-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Once again Carr haters can point to the offensive line having nothing to do with today.

The season is over. The race is for a draft pick now. The Texans don't go into New England after the Patriots lost last weekend and win with ANY quarterback in the league. No one wins that game. Not Vince Young. Not Peyton Manning. Not Joe Montana.

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.
*Showed his courageous leadership by throwing up a punt into the arms of a Jaguar. His trademark confidence forced the defender to drop the sure pick.
*He threw a pass with 1:02 seconds left on the clock to no one and tricked the officials thinking that it was his trademark inability to hit a moving target that forced them not to throw a flag. However, Jacksonville had no timeouts at the time...some may say pretty stupid...but then again, it's not Carr.
*VY also took a 23 yard sack today. Did an excellent job of wearing out the Jaguar defense making them chase him like that.
*The ever dangerous VY and his masterful directing of the Titan offense yielded a grand total of 98 yards in an NFL football game.

I'm more worried about our whole team sucking. I'm concerned that we don't have playmakers on the offensive side of the ball and that our OLine Sucks. I'm pissed that our offensive playcalling is all over the place and that the lack of creativity in our pass game is sophomoric. NONE of the above will be remedied this season. ALL of which will require free agency and the draft to fix.

But flog away at DC. He stunk today. And in your minds he was the only one who stunk. Pathetic.

Newsflash no one said Vince had a great game "today", but Carr is a 5 year vet, VY is a rookie...YET Carr makes more mistakes and is a worst QB....get a clue Carr fanboy.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 03:57 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

Translation: My peepee hurts.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Newsflash no one said Vince had a great game "today", but Carr is a 5 year vet, VY is a rookie...YET Carr makes more mistakes and is a worst QB....get a clue Carr fanboy.

Exactly and his team still won. I still don't get the inane responses of many Texan fans these days. Get it through your head..when an atitude changes on a team it permeates throughout the whole team. VY turned a bunch of losers into a bunch of believers and they are playing like it.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Exactly and his team still won. I still don't get the inane responses of many Texan fans these days. Get it through your head..when an atitude changes on a team it permeates throughout the whole team. VY turned a bunch of losers into a bunch of believers and they are playing like it.

David Gerrard turned the titans to some winners today.

funny when Carr had a decent game (even better than the mighty VY had today).. it is still his fault ..that is what bugs me with you haters.

no even ground on anything (even the homers have no even ground either)

NFLforher
12-17-2006, 04:02 PM

Yes, it is.

Trap_Star
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

ok lets see,

1: the o-line threw 4 ints (shoulda been 5)

2: Dayne ran 18 times for 94 yrds (5.2 a carry)

3: Brady only passed for 109 yrds, and we held their runningbacks to a 2.8 yrds per carry

4: Carr Sucks :)

NFLforher
12-17-2006, 04:04 PM

You've been messing with it-again.

:tease:

Pagan
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
45 yards in a win against Pitts in the 2nd of 5 loosing seasons.

Any QB that can do that is awesome.
[/sarcasm]

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM

Oh yeah... VY had everything to do with two interception returns for touchdowns and a 92 yard fumble return for a touchdown. His aura just makes that defense play harder! VY jocksniffers seem to come from the same ilk as Carr lovers and apologists!

FOR THE RECORD.............

I

DO

NOT

DAVID

CARR

Perhaps this may reach some...my guess is not.

We get friggin' mauled 40-7 and it is dogpile on the quarterback? If you think we are one player away from a championship, then you have been to Taco Bell one too many times before they got their lettuce changed.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:07 PM
David Gerrard turned the titans to some winners today.

funny when Carr had a decent game (even better than the mighty VY had today).. it is still his fault ..that is what bugs me with you haters.

no even ground on anything (even the homers have no even ground either)

what are you talking about?Do even know what football is all about? What is decent about 4 INTs? VY is winning games and leading his team, despite his bad days. He is a rookie with 5 years less experience. Do you know see the humor in that?You are comparing the incredibly bad play of a 5 year vet v. a rookie who is winning. Unreal. Were some people here implanted with chips?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh yeah... VY had everything to do with two interception returns for touchdowns and a 92 yard fumble return for a touchdown. His aura just makes that defense play harder! VY jocksniffers seem to come from the same ilk as Carr lovers and apologists!

FOR THE RECORD.............

I

DO

NOT

DAVID

CARR

Perhaps this may reach some...my guess is not.

We get friggin' mauled 40-7 and it is dogpile on the quarterback? If you think we are one player away from a championship, then you have been to Taco Bell one too many times before they got their lettuce changed.

Get a clue!!!I didn't go to UT and don't even care about VY and if we drafter him. But you are a completely wrong if you don't think a teams attitude changes when they are pulling out last second wins and have a chance to play for something. The O and D all play better. Do you think the Titans would care if they were horrible with Kerry Collins and were heading for a 3 win season?I'm really stunned at the idiocy on this board sometimes. Are you people the same ones calling 610 AND 790 and asking why Yao can't play point guard or why we don't draft all players from Texas schools.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:09 PM
what are you talking about?Do even know what football is all about? What is decent about 4 INTs? VY is winning games and leading his team, despite his bad days. He is a rookie with 5 years less experience. Do you know see the humor in that?You are comparing the incredibly bad play of a 5 year vet v. a rookie who is winning. Unreal. Were some people here implanted with chips?

I said when Carr HAD (as in past tense..i.e. earlier in the season) a decent game.

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:12 PM
ok lets see,

1: the o-line threw 4 ints (shoulda been 5)

2: Dayne ran 18 times for 94 yrds (5.2 a carry)

3: Brady only passed for 109 yrds, and we held their runningbacks to a 2.8 yrds per carry

4: Carr Sucks :)

The Oline was fantastic today. You are right, they did not throw any interceptions. Their pockets were incredible all day.

Dayne had 22yds at half when we were down by 27. He had a lot of junk yards in the second half when the game was already in hand.

Brady didn't have any problem on his nice screen pass TD. You don't really have to throw much when the game is out of hand.

Carr did not play well. We have more problems than Carr.

Broken record.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM

Signed and Quoted for Truth....

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Get a clue!!!I didn't go to UT and don't even care about VY and if we drafter him. But you are a completely wrong if you don't think a teams attitude changes when they are pulling out last second wins and have a chance to play for something. The O and D all play better. Do you think the Titans would care if they were horrible with Kerry Collins and were heading for a 3 win season?I'm really stunned at the idiocy on this board sometimes. Are you people the same ones calling 610 AND 790 and asking why Yao can't play point guard or why we don't draft all players from Texas schools.

You are completely wrong if you think Vince Young had ANYTHING to do with two intereceptions thrown by the OTHER quarterback and a fumble being run back for a touchdown! How ridiculous is that?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:15 PM
I said when Carr HAD (as in past tense..i.e. earlier in the season) a decent game.

Fine, but where are the "W"s that come with the stats. I could dink and dunk all day long and have a great game but if it isn't helping the team win and I'm still not doing the little things like throwing balls away, etc then it doesn't matter. If you could "fix" every guy with rocks for brains and great physical tools there would never be special players. The guy still doesn't learn and there are rookies making better plays right now.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:16 PM
You are completely wrong if you think Vince Young had ANYTHING to do with two intereceptions thrown by the OTHER quarterback and a fumble being run back for a touchdown! How ridiculous is that?

I didn't say he caused them. I said the team is following his lead and is playing harder and with more enthusiasm, thus leading to a winning mentality. It happens in all sports. How can you not see that?

MrMeToo
12-17-2006, 04:17 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

Quit defending Carr.He sucks.Vince>>>Carr

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Fine, but where are the "W"s that come with the stats. I could dink and dunk all day long and have a great game but if it isn't helping the team win and I'm still not doing the little things like throwing balls away, etc then it doesn't matter. If you could "fix" every guy with rocks for brains and great physical tools there would never be special players. The guy still doesn't learn and there are rookies making better plays right now.

oh now it is the "W" excuse that comes in.. (figures).. when David stunk it up in Oakland it was all about the negative stats that the passing game had.. but by y'alls definition it isn't about stats it is about "W"'s or is it?

http://spin.eiu.edu/images/spin_doctor.jpg

no picking on you HF..but that seems to be the logic behind the hatred that comes out when Carr had decent games (earlier in season)

Heywood
12-17-2006, 04:20 PM
carr's biggest problem is he is genuinely not bright (to put it mildly). if the texans decided to exercise his contract option because they thought VY wasn't smart enough to be their QB, that would have been one of the most racist things ever done in this league.

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't say he caused them. I said the team is following his lead and is playing harder and with more enthusiasm, thus leading to a winning mentality. It happens in all sports. How can you not see that?

You did not watch the Titans game today. I did. Vince Young was sitting on the sidelines and the Titans defense was making plays. They weren't making them because of Vince. Vince wasn't fueling them today because he stunk. You can't paint a broad brush with this "it's not about the numbers" deal and just give the guy credit for everything. How can you not see that?

Has Vince put the team on his shoulders this year? Absolutely.
Did he do it last week? Without question. Awesome game.
This week? He was putrid and the Titan defense bailed his ***** out bigtime. Be nice to see our defense do that sometime huh?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:23 PM
oh now it is the "W" excuse that comes in.. (figures).. when David stunk it up in Oakland it was all about the negative stats that the passing game had.. but by y'alls definition it isn't about stats it is about "W"'s or is it?

http://spin.eiu.edu/images/spin_doctor.jpg

no picking on you HF..but that seems to be the logic behind the hatred that comes out when Carr had decent games (earlier in season)

You are talking about spin and you are spinning his own excuses. I don't think people get it. It is always about Ws. If Carr was winning games with crap stats, it would not matter, people would be happy. The problem is he doesn't win games and for every good game he has he has 3 stinkers where he doesn't throw the ball away, he throws into coverage, he fumbles, etc. That isn't a guy you want leading your team. Why would you want to make excuses for a guy who is consistently inconsistent and who doesn't do the extra things to lead and get you Ws. There is a reason why there are winners and losers in the league. I'm not picking on people either but I just will never understand the loser mentality of this team and some of the fans. there are players that do alot more with less.

TEXANRED
12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
You guys have been backing this pile of garbage for 5 years now...have you finally had enough? Probably not.

Please post your lame excuses for Carr on this thread.

We get the fact that you don't like Carr. We get the fact that you think it was a mistake to extend his contract. We get the fact that you have Carr's pic on your dart board. We get it. Honestly.

So in light of that can you do the rest of us a favor and quit your flaming. Your bordering on trolldom. You even flamed another poster who was stating that he was a Texan fan in spite of Carr and instead of you reading the post you saw that he was from Cali and he mentioned Carr's name in his post.

Take your meds and calm down.

Look on the bright side, at least we have Ryans.

Ryan
12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
this whole thread is pathetic.

DatTexBoy
12-17-2006, 04:27 PM

Now that's funny!

real
12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
You did not watch the Titans game today. I did. Vince Young was sitting on the sidelines and the Titans defense was making plays. They weren't making them because of Vince. Vince wasn't fueling them today because he stunk. You can't paint a broad brush with this "it's not about the numbers" deal and just give the guy credit for everything. How can you not see that?

Has Vince put the team on his shoulders this year? Absolutely.
Did he do it last week? Without question. Awesome game.
This week? He was putrid and the Titan defense bailed his ***** out bigtime. Be nice to see our defense do that sometime huh?

That's like saying there is no such thing as momentum....

Of Course VY didn't help much on the field today, BUT there is a such thing as a team feeding off of someones energy....The defense deserves all the credit in the world, but acting like VY's persona has no effect on the rest of his teammates is crazy...I believe the Titans feel very confident right now....I think in their mind they believe that they can beat anyone at this point...and sometimes confidence is all it takes....VY has a lot to do with that teams boosted confidence....I seriously doubt that if Kerry Collins was at QB the Titans would be playing with as much enthusiasm and confidence....Again....No one is saying that VY had a great game, and no one is taking away from the defense....But the point is that certain players give their teammates confidence, and they feed off of eachother...

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Quit defending Carr.He sucks.Vince>>>Carr

I don't defend Carr...I point out what no one else points out. That Carr is part of a much LARGER problem. We have a TON of problems with this team.

We also have a problem with idiots who continue and will always continue to go down the road of VY>Carr. How childish and stupid! Young plays for Tennessee. He will be playing in Tennessee for a while and he will not play in Houston. Why can't the "fans" of the Texans get a grasp on that?

Why do people ignore all of the other problems with this offense and say that it is defending Carr instead of looking at the bigger picture?

I didn't post at all last week because I was so pissed at our playcalling last week. Against the WORST rush defense in the league, we came out and threw the ball NINE TIMES and ran TWICE!!!!! We threw a g#$da#n bubble screen to Jeb Putzier IMMEDIATELY after throwing the SAME pass and play to Andre Johnson. I don't know if you understand that, but that is about as unbelievably high school football idiotic, I don't know what could possibly be worse! When I say that, I am not DEFENDING Carr's play. But I am saying that Carr had not a damn thing to do with that playcalling and I can say very firmly and very knowledgably, that the playcalling in that game was about a putrid as it comes. At the very least, it did not give Carr or our offense much of a chance at success.

real
12-17-2006, 04:30 PM
We get the fact that you don't like Carr. We get the fact that you think it was a mistake to extend his contract. We get the fact that you have Carr's pic on your dart board. We get it. Honestly.

So in light of that can you do the rest of us a favor and quit your flaming. Your bordering on trolldom. You even flamed another poster who was stating that he was a Texan fan in spite of Carr and instead of you reading the post you saw that he was from Cali and he mentioned Carr's name in his post.

Take your meds and calm down.

Look on the bright side, at least we have Ryans.

The message board is for fans to vent and have discussions....should we all just sit around and name things we're thankful for and sing kumbaya ?

I would suggest going into your user cp and ignoring all the posters who's input you don't want to read...

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:31 PM
You are talking about spin and you are spinning his own excuses. I don't think people get it. It is always about Ws. If Carr was winning games with crap stats, it would not matter, people would be happy. The problem is he doesn't win games and for every good game he has he has 3 stinkers where he doesn't throw the ball away, he throws into coverage, he fumbles, etc. That isn't a guy you want leading your team. Why would you want to make excuses for a guy who is consistently inconsistent and who doesn't do the extra things to lead and get you Ws. There is a reason why there are winners and losers in the league. I'm not picking on people either but I just will never understand the loser mentality of this team and some of the fans. there are players that do alot more with less.

we have seen Carr do the same thing that Vince did today.. not lose the game for the team..but the Team didn't win it. that is all I am saying.

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:34 PM

Of Course VY didn't help much on the field today, BUT there is a such thing as a team feeding off of someones energy....The defense deserves all the credit in the world, but acting like VY's persona has no effect on the rest of his teammates is crazy...I believe the Titans feel very confident right now....I think in their mind they believe that they can beat anyone at this point...and sometimes confidence is all it takes....VY has a lot to do with that teams boosted confidence....I seriously doubt that if Kerry Collins was at QB the Titans would be playing with as much enthusiasm and confidence....Again....No one is saying that VY had a great game, and no one is taking away from the defense....But the point is that certain players give their teammates confidence, and they feed off of eachother...

I know.
I get that.
It did not happen today.
Nobody fed off of Vince Young today.

The feeling was keep him off the field today because he was a deer in headlights. He's a rookie and it is going to happen. But don't put a friggin' crown on someone when they sucked and christen him a wonderful leader today, because he wasn't.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 04:34 PM
carr's biggest problem is he is genuinely not bright (to put it mildly). if the texans decided to exercise his contract option because they thought VY wasn't smart enough to be their QB, that would have been one of the most racist things ever done in this league.

i wouldnt say racist, but I would say they let 'traditional wisdom' (some would term this stealth racism) make them think that VY wasn't bright enough because he didn't do great on a standardized test and isn't as eloquent as David Carr. Well Carr can take his eloquence and his tired act and get the hell out of our town once and for all.

but lets all ('haters' and homers) try and leave VY out of this. That gives them room to spin everything and make it about VY.
This is a David Carr Excuses thread and we need to try and avoid the subject of VY for everyone's greater health and sanity.
Carr's play says all you need to know....

Dr. Toro
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

VY made some mistakes and didn't play well, but the story of that game was defensive TDs. You can't make plays if you don't touch the ball and he didn't touch the ball for 20 consecutive minutes in the second half. He made a horrible, boneheaded play with 1:00 left and was trying to do too much/unaware of J-Ville's timeout situation/avoiding a hit. Horrible rookie mistake. It cost them 40 seconds. The guys is 7-4 as an NFL starter. They won the game. He's led 3 late game comebacks, and another against Baltimore that was thwarted by a blocked field goal. He's either single-handedly winning games with late game heroics, or playing subpar and not losing games.

His performance has nothing to do with Carr's. I wish DC the best and refuse to pile on at this moment. I just don't think it's necessary to lash out at a player with such a bright future that has done so much to turn his team around.

TEXANRED
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM
The message board is for fans to vent and have discussions....Whould we all just sit aroeund and name things we're thankful for and sing kumbaya ?
I would suggest going into your user cp and ignoring all the posters who's input you don't want to read...
I have been around this message board too long for you to give me the whole "This message board is for blah blah blah" speech.

Seems I just made a comment on this message board to vent my particular frustration and yet here you are telling me what I should and should not say.

Interesting.:hmmm:

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:37 PM

I know.
I get that.
It did not happen today.

The feeling was keep him off the field today because he was a deer in headlights. He's a rookie and it is going to happen. But don't put a friggin' crown on someone when they sucked and christen him a wonderful leader today, because he wasn't. Do you have a grasp for how many yards VY accounted for in the second half? -18.

-18 Dude. Don't come at me with the leadership crap today. Does he have charisma? Sure! Is he going to be good? Probably. But don't join the mindless minions of VY today when the sucker goes -18 in the second half and you say that HE is the reason the Titans won today. :pigfly:

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:38 PM
I know.
I get that.
It did not happen today.

The feeling was keep him off the field today because he was a deer in headlights. He's a rookie and it is going to happen. But don't put a friggin' crown on someone when they sucked and christen him a wonderful leader today, because he wasn't. Do you have a grasp for how many yards VY accounted for in the second half? -18.

-18 Dude. Don't come at me with the leadership crap today. Does he have charisma? Sure! Is he going to be good? Probably. But don't join the mindless minions of VY today when the sucker goes -18 in the second half and you say that HE is the reason the Titans won today. :pigfly:

nice post.

real
12-17-2006, 04:41 PM
I know.
I get that.
It did not happen today.

The feeling was keep him off the field today because he was a deer in headlights. He's a rookie and it is going to happen. But don't put a friggin' crown on someone when they sucked and christen him a wonderful leader today, because he wasn't.

Your post = denial....

What does today have to do with his team feeding off of him ? The team has a new energy about itself....They don't feel confident one game, and then not so confident the next....AT THIS POINT THEY FEEL LIKE THEY CAN BEAT ANYONE.....thats not going to change from game to game....VY brought a new energy to the team, and through his previous games he has INSTILLED confidence in them....Not to give VY too much credit, or take any away from his teammates, but you are still failing to acknowledge the fact that he has been a huge part in rejuvinating that team, and giving them confidence.....

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
VY made some mistakes and didn't play well, but the story of that game was defensive TDs. You can't make plays if you don't touch the ball and he didn't touch the ball for 20 consecutive minutes in the second half. He made a horrible, boneheaded play with 1:00 left and was trying to do too much/unaware of J-Ville's timeout situation/avoiding a hit. Horrible rookie mistake. It cost them 40 seconds. The guys is 7-4 as an NFL starter. They won the game. He's led 3 late game comebacks, and another against Baltimore that was thwarted by a blocked field goal. He's either single-handedly winning games with late game heroics, or playing subpar and not losing games.

His performance has nothing to do with Carr's. I wish DC the best and refuse to pile on at this moment. I just don't think it's necessary to lash out at a player with such a bright future that has done so much to turn his team around.

There are two camps here.
1. Carr sucks.
2. VY is God.

Many are in the both, ALL of those in #2 are in both.

I don't dogpile on VY other than to point out that the QB doesn't always win or lose football games in the NFL. Tennessee's success has come in large part from their defense and from their kicker as well as Vince's heroics. There simply isn't much going on with this team. We don't have playmakers and our playcalling is garbage at times.

There is no way Carr can win here consistently playing subpar games. He can't get away with that. I'd love to see us running more spread and giving our offense a chance to make plays like the Titans do. But we are mired with an archaic, plodding offense with a quarterback who is not playing well.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I have been around this message board too long for you to give me the whole "This message board is for blah blah blah" speech.

Seems I just made a comment on this message board to vent my particular frustration and yet here you are telling me what I should and should not say.

Interesting.:hmmm:

call me whatever you want...its all fine...i never whine about anything that is directed towards me...were all fellow fans

we dont agree but i think we can all agree that this team has no heart and no leadership...irregardless of who is to blame

Heywood
12-17-2006, 04:45 PM
i wouldnt say racist, but I would say they let 'traditional wisdom' (some would term this stealth racism) make them think that VY wasn't bright enough because he didn't do great on a standardized test and isn't as eloquent as David Carr. Well Carr can take his eloquence and his tired act and get the hell out of our town once and for all.

but lets all ('haters' and homers) try and leave VY out of this. That gives them room to spin everything and make it about VY.
This is a David Carr Excuses thread and we need to try and avoid the subject of VY for everyone's greater health and sanity.
Carr's play says all you need to know....

i understand what you are saying, but i don't agree.

carr's performance has to be evaluated in terms of VY, or perhaps matt leinart, because that was the choice they had. don't exercise the option and draft VY or leinart, or exercise and draft bush or MW. i actually supported the drafting of MW once they'd made the mistake of exercising the option (and still do).

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
1. Carr sucks.
2. VY is God.

I don't dogpile on VY other than to point out that the QB doesn't always win or lose football games in the NFL. Tennessee's success has come in large part from their defense and from their kicker as well as Vince's heroics. There simply isn't much going on with this team. We don't have playmakers and our playcalling is garbage at times.

There is no way Carr can win here consistently playing subpar games. He can't get away with that. I'd love to see us running more spread and giving our offense a chance to make plays like the Titans do. But we are mired with an archaic, plodding offense with a quarterback who is not playing well.

what is wild is times when we run 4 WR sets we are still bunched up :confused:

TexanFanInCC
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM

What is the point in ripping Carr when we get our *****kicked? Just stupid.

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

were not just basing our carr bashing on todays game. He is in his 5th season. the change in coaching has nothing to do with him throwing 4 picks. In his 5th season, 10 TD's and 11 INT's with 2 games left is inexcusable, especially for what we are paying him.

we are wasting talent. the longest ball that AJ caught today was for 9 yards. he had 5 catches for only 28 yards! thats 5.7 yds per reception. what a waste of a gifted reciever. how about moulds...4 catches for 26 yards. thats 6.5 yds per catch! what a waste of talent. and its not like this is the only game......these recieving patterns by our 2 top recievers has gone on ALL SEASON LONG!! these are 2 of the best recievers in the league. i refuse to buy all the excuses that recievers arent getting open down the field and that is why carr has to dumpoff so much. its crap!

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Your post = denial....

What does today have to do with his team feeding off of him ? The team has a new energy about itself....They don't feel confident one game, and then not so confident the next....AT THIS POINT THEY FEEL LIKE THEY CAN BEAT ANYONE.....thats not going to change from game to game....VY brought a new energy to the team, and through his previous games he has INSTILLED confidence in them....Not to give VY too much credit, or take any away from his teammates, but you are still failing to acknowledge the fact that he has been a huge part in rejuvinating that team, and giving them confidence.....

I have SAID Vince has done well!
I have SAID that he has done enough to win and manage games well.
I have admitted that he is better than I thought.

But he was not good today. He was bad today. He was not a part of the win today. He did not inspire anyone today. People were rolling their eyes and hanging on to their seats hoping the clock would run out. If a Jacksonville TD is not reversed, they lose that game. That's all. Why is it so difficult for you to admit that?

Once again...in case you missed it...

Vince has played well.
Vince has showed his leadership.
Vince isn't here.
Vince did not play well today.
Vince's leadership had nothing to do with the Titans winning today.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 04:48 PM
aj also lost a deep ball "in the lights"

and yes it was a real badly thrown ball to the outside of aj's shoulder but that is what "probowl" receivers do.. thay make plays on catchable balls... however seems Carr's long ball has really regressed since his rookie year (more aaron brooksish ..high arching)

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
1. Carr sucks.
2. VY is God.

I agree with you dent, and your a knowledgeable fan but there is another camp.....the 'Excuse Factory' camp

it's pretty much a ghost town but they still have a skeleton crew running things...just continuing to churn out excuses

coachdent
12-17-2006, 04:51 PM
what is wild is times when we run 4 WR sets we are still bunched up :confused:

I was shocked to see us at four wides today! Kinda neat. Kinda pathetic when you have to go to the practice squad to pluck off David Anderson! yikes.

Put Jamel on the practice squad and keep Anderson up with the big club!

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:53 PM
we have seen Carr do the same thing that Vince did today.. not lose the game for the team..but the Team didn't win it. that is all I am saying.

Well that seems to be the difference though. Carr still loses. VY,as a rookie, has still made enough plays to give his team a chance. Again, to me it isn't about VY. It is about Carr not learning from his mistakes.

TEXANRED
12-17-2006, 04:54 PM
call me whatever you want...its all fine...i never whine about anything that is directed towards me...were all fellow fans

we dont agree but i think we can all agree that this team has no heart and no leadership...irregardless of who is to blame

Very Very true.

coachdent
I agree with you dent, and your a knowledgeable fan but there is another camp.....the 'Excuse Factory' camp

it's pretty much a ghost town but they still have a skeleton crew running things...just continuing to churn out excuses

I hear you on that.

There is no need or pupose to alibi for him. His play has spoken volumes for the criticism. I am just so frustrated that there are so many things to be frustrated about with this team. I think we have taken too many steps backward this season as we have gotten better.

I think we are a better team than we were last year, but with still too many faults and too many holes to fill right now. LOTS of new faces next year. LOTS!

Wolf
Well that seems to be the difference though. Carr still loses. VY,as a rookie, has still made enough plays to give his team a chance. Again, to me it isn't about VY. It is about Carr not learning from his mistakes.

Carr loses or the Texans lose?

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:55 PM
I know.
I get that.
It did not happen today.

Who said that. People are just stating that they are in the playoff race and it started when he started being in games. What si frustrating is people looking the other way like attitude of a team don't mean anything. As the Sports Guy says, "he just wins games."

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Carr loses or the Texans lose?

The Texans lose. They go hand in hand. As I have said, what makes it so hard that despite physical skills, some guys just don't have it. I mean people are basically saying if we had Ryan Leaf we woul dhave kept him for 5 years because he has a cannon and was never surrounded by good people. Although he had rocks for brains and made dumb mistakes.

Hottoddie
12-17-2006, 04:58 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

Give 'em hell coach. :thumbup

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
I hear you on that.

There is no need or pupose to alibi for him. His play has spoken volumes for the criticism. I am just so frustrated that there are so many things to be frustrated about with this team. I think we have taken too many steps backward this season as we have gotten better.

I think we are a better team than we were last year, but with still too many faults and too many holes to fill right now. LOTS of new faces next year. LOTS!

We have been giving up less big plays but still too many to be a success. We have been making less big plays than last year (and that is hard to do) and now we don't even threaten downfield 99% of the time. And when we do throw it downfield it is either picked, dropped, or way off target....that is if Carr can read the defense before the ever pourous OL lets someone take a shot at Carr.....

Was Hodgson in the whole game, everytime there was a rush against Carr it came straight up the gut from the Center position. That guy has got to go too....total bum

coachdent
12-17-2006, 05:02 PM

I did not see the end of the game and Carr's last two picks. The game was over at that point and I was watching the Tennessee game. My teeth hurt too much to continue to watch.

The first pick that was knocked down and intercepted by Seymour was not his fault. The Texans take such short drops and defenders in the NFL get hands up and mirror the QB on short drops and those INTS happen.

The second pick was thrown into traffic and was a bad pass. Ron Dayne did go the wrong way and it was Dayne's linebacker that made the deflection. The play was 34 Pass and Dayne was suppossed to go right and make the fake and leak into the right flat. This would have taken the middle linebacker with him and opened up the passing lane. Ultimately, it stills falls on Carr to feel that linebacker knowing his back went the wrong way. But it is that kind of crap that irritates me because no one recognizes the big picture all of the time. (If you think I am alibing for Carr, TiBo the game and find the pick and you will see Carr give a fake to no one.)

coachdent
12-17-2006, 05:04 PM
As the Sports Guy says, "he just wins games."
He didn't win the game today. Period. -18 in the second half. Move on with that.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I did not see the end of the game and Carr's last two picks. The game was over at that point and I was watching the Tennessee game. My teeth hurt too much to continue to watch.

The first pick that was knocked down and intercepted by Seymour was not his fault. The Texans take such short drops and defenders in the NFL get hands up and mirror the QB on short drops and those INTS happen.

The second pick was thrown into traffic and was a bad pass. Ron Dayne did go the wrong way and it was Dayne's linebacker that made the deflection. The play was 34 Pass and Dayne was suppossed to go right and make the fake and leak into the right flat. This would have taken the middle linebacker with him and opened up the passing lane. Ultimately, it stills falls on Carr to feel that linebacker knowing his back went the wrong way. But it is that kind of crap that irritates me because no one recognizes the big picture all of the time. (If you think I am alibing for Carr, TiBo the game and find the pick and you will see Carr give a fake to no one.)

the last pick was horrible and thrown down field to a Patriot player. Same mistakes I keep seeing.

coachdent
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
the last pick was horrible and thrown down field to a Patriot player. Same mistakes I keep seeing.

I think there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm with the team today. They knew they were coming into a hornet's nest with the Patriots losing last week. They didn't play with much heart today. Disappointing. I can't really make too much out of what happens in a 40-7 game in the fourth quarter. Kinda burn that film and move on and try again next week.

I don't want to kick my cat.
I don't want to have a horrible week.

So I am going to have to go now and find my solitude! Nice chatting with you all. I hope to recover from this loss before midweek and post again. I am glad that we are back in the running for a top four or five pick. We need help.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 05:10 PM
He didn't win the game today. Period. -18 in the second half. Move on with that.

Get it through your head. "He" got the W. I don't care about his stats right now. If Carr threw 2 picks a game but still did the little things and we were a 9 win team during the year and had playoff hopes, we wouldn't have this conversation. Last week VY picked up the Defense and won it. He did it against the Colts and Giants. This week, because of the teams new found confidence, The D picked him up. Players make teams. TEAMS thrive off success. The Titans are a hot team right now and part of that is VY.

tsip
12-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I don't defend Carr...I point out what no one else points out. That Carr is part of a much LARGER problem. We have a TON of problems with this team.

We also have a problem with idiots who continue and will always continue to go down the road of VY>Carr. How childish and stupid! Young plays for Tennessee. He will be playing in Tennessee for a while and he will not play in Houston. Why can't the "fans" of the Texans get a grasp on that?

Why do people ignore all of the other problems with this offense and say that it is defending Carr instead of looking at the bigger picture?

I didn't post at all last week because I was so pissed at our playcalling last week. Against the WORST rush defense in the league, we came out and threw the ball NINE TIMES and ran TWICE!!!!! We threw a g#$da#n bubble screen to Jeb Putzier IMMEDIATELY after throwing the SAME pass and play to Andre Johnson. I don't know if you understand that, but that is about as unbelievably high school football idiotic, I don't know what could possibly be worse! When I say that, I am not DEFENDING Carr's play. But I am saying that Carr had not a damn thing to do with that playcalling and I can say very firmly and very knowledgably, that the playcalling in that game was about a putrid as it comes. At the very least, it did not give Carr or our offense much of a chance at success.

JMO, but I think you'd get more credibility if you talked less about Carr and more about the other problems the team has instead of focusing on Carr

Too, as other posters have noted, no player on the team has more control of the ball than Carr, so when he contributes in a 'negative' way--especially with the same-o/same-o--he's going to get the most heat.

We are not talking about 'new' stuff here today, we are talking about the same 'BS' David does week in/week out. In just today's game, Carr misread the defense over and over/threw into double and triple coverage/mis-placed the ball several times, stared down his intended target, got passes batted down, failed to throw a TD (even fewer tds than last year with more intercepts), etc.etc.

Carr's position is the most 'obvious' on the field and has more to do with scoring than any other--what other player on the team even comes close to making as many mistakes as Carr week in and week out?

unhappytexanfan
12-17-2006, 06:41 PM
yes we have many problems here..But a true leader,which Carr is not, would step up and make plays in spite of the problems.. I have never seen David Carr put a team on his back and find a way to get it done..Stats are meaningless without wins. I would rather have a guy who makes mistakes but in crunch time finds a way to win the game than a guy with gawdy stats.. This is not fantasy football here..Winning is all that counts..

Vince has gotten it done and Carr has not end of story

kenneth24
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm surprised that isn't what this thread has been renamed! Don't agree with the thread but that is funny! I needed that after today's game!

Wolf
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm surprised that isn't what this thread has been renamed! Don't agree with the thread but that is funny! I needed that after today's game!

this is what I see from the 8 months ago not drafting VY... (I am not saying we shouldn't have drafted,but gets old hearing about it after this long,BTW if we drafted Bush and still had the same record..that still means we didn't draft VY)

http://www.alternativenation.net/photos/data/500/1733whaambulance.jpg

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 07:00 PM

Wow........... just wow. Unless you have access to an IQ test or something of his that statement is just baseless & uncalled for.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Wow........... just wow. Unless you have access to an IQ test or something of his that statement is just baseless & uncalled for.

he isn't bright. he cant even run a pro style offense without having it spoonfed to him 3 yards at a time....he is a mimbo...male bimbo...he isnt smart, he isnt dedicated, he is a loser...the biggest loser in the history of starting NFL quarterbacks (statistical fact, not an opinion)

congrats on McNair for latching our franchise onto this Carr freight train headed straight into hell....

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
this is what I see from the 8 months ago not drafting VY... (I am not saying we shouldn't have drafted,but gets old hearing about it after this long,BTW if we drafted Bush and still had the same record..that still means we didn't draft VY)

http://www.alternativenation.net/photos/data/500/1733whaambulance.jpg

do i hear the waaaaambulance? great stuff

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 07:07 PM

Complete garbage. If he was winning but not winning superbowls, people (at least here) would still be complaining that he's holding us back from winning a superbowl. & noone is making excuses for this guy, At least i'm not. All of us level-headed fans are merely just saying that the whole team sucks, it not just & only him. Now how hard is that to grasp.

I'm not seeing any threads on jameel Cook's critical fumbles earlier in the year, I'm not seeing threads on how Dunta is getting abused out there. & if i do see them they are few & far in between. We were not 1-2 games from a superbowl these last 5 years people! DC is not the ONLY road block standing in our way to a winning season.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Complete garbage. If he was winning but not winning superbowls, people (at least here) would still be complaining that he's holding us back from winning a superbowl. & noone is making excuses for this guy, At least i'm not. All of us level-headed fans are merely just saying that the whole team sucks, it not just & only him. Now how hard is that to grasp.

I'm not seeing any threads on jameel Cook's critical fumbles earlier in the year, I'm not seeing threads on how Dunta is getting abused out there. & if i do see them they are few & far in between. We were not 1-2 games from a superbowl these last 5 years people! DC is not the ONLY road block standing in our way to a winning season.
very true...
like I pointed out earlier.. with the Oakland game Carr stunk it up and yet the Texan's won, however the bashing was still going...

Heath Shuler
12-17-2006, 07:12 PM

You didnt look very hard.

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
he isn't bright. he cant even run a pro style offense without having it spoonfed to him 3 yards at a time....he is a mimbo...male bimbo...he isnt smart, he isnt dedicated, he is a loser...the biggest loser in the history of starting NFL quarterbacks (statistical fact, not an opinion)

congrats on McNair for latching our franchise onto this Carr freight train headed straight into hell....

funny, b/c the guy many wanted here (VY) operated in college almost exclusively out of a shotgun offense which is not traditionally a pro-style offense. He pretty much has continued that trend in the pro's; or at least has shown that he is most comfortable out of the shotgun. Tell me does that make him "not bright"?

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:15 PM
funny, b/c the guy many wanted here (VY) operated in college almost exclusively out of a shotgun offense which is not traditionally a pro-style offense. He pretty much has continued that trend in the pro's; or at least has shown that he is most comfortable out of the shotgun. Tell me does that make him "not bright"?

hmmm and to go along with your post.. we don't have a center that can do the shotgun (or Kubiak doesn't feel comfortable with that)... kinda defeats the purpose huh :tease:

austintexanite
12-17-2006, 07:24 PM
As I've said, I would have liked to watch the game today since they showed the Titans game here, but 4 pics *******S for any QB.

Nighthawk
12-17-2006, 07:26 PM

We also have a problem with idiots who continue and will always continue to go down the road of VY>Carr. How childish and stupid! Young plays for Tennessee.

If you are a coach of anything I'm a world famous astronaut. I'll make it simple for you. First, remember Carr is a 5 year vet. Young is a rookie.

(a) after game 3 the Titans were way worse than the Texans.
(b) in comes Young and in a few weeks everybody on that team is contributing big time.

Now you, an astute observer, conclude that these events are unrelated. The rest of us say hang on there, Young must have something in the way of intangibles that really brought the team around.

As for today, Vince Young played almost as badly as David Carr. His team helped him out. He needed it. Of course, last week he helped them out, so it's tat for tat.

CARR IS THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM.

Lots of bad players and bad plays, but give them a leader they can believe in and not a pretty boy fall down and whine at the slightest provocation, and who knows, maybe they'll pick up their game just like the Titans.

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:32 PM

*8-for-15 for 85 yards.

Coach Dent I've lived within 25 miles of the Astrodome all my life so with all do respect ... go write some poetry .

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Coach Dent I've lived within 25 miles of the Astrodome all my life so with all do respect ... go write some poetry .

what does the astrodome have to do with it?

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:38 PM
It means that I am not in PA or Kerrville looking from beyond trying say calm down it's gonna be OK ... it's our image .

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:40 PM
It means that I am not in PA or Kerrville looking from beyond trying say calm down it's gonna be OK ... it's our image .

:ok:
but we all have Tv's and can see

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:44 PM
but we all have Tv's and can see

You know what it's not on your news or your radio ... ESPN is not laughing at Kerrville . Do ya'll still have that drive in movie ?

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:45 PM
You know what it's not on your news or your radio ... ESPN is not laughing at Kerrville . Do ya'll still have that drive in movie ?

I must be getting under your skin to take a shot like that..nice.

what does that matter? I still wear Texan gear around town, I put up with the same stuff as the next person...

but if you must know.. last week the state department started to pump sunshine into the town so we can have daylight hours.

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:48 PM
No I'm serious ... I used to go to Hunt Texas . We'd go to Mo Ranch and drive into Kerrville . We went to the drive in one night .

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
If you are a coach of anything I'm a world famous astronaut. I'll make it simple for you. First, remember Carr is a 5 year vet. Young is a rookie.

(a) after game 3 the Titans were way worse than the Texans.
(b) in comes Young and in a few weeks everybody on that team is contributing big time.

Now you, an astute observer, conclude that these events are unrelated. The rest of us say hang on there, Young must have something in the way of intangibles that really brought the team around.

As for today, Vince Young played almost as badly as David Carr. His team helped him out. He needed it. Of course, last week he helped them out, so it's tat for tat.

CARR IS THE FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM.

Lots of bad players and bad plays, but give them a leader they can believe in and not a pretty boy fall down and whine at the slightest provocation, and who knows, maybe they'll pick up their game just like the Titans.

I don't really know about that; giving up 500 yds on defense sounds pretty bad. the titans almost beat the dolphins & jets with Kerry Collins at the helm. add in that they were better than us last year (albeit slightly) & i think you can 1st conclude that they weren't as bad as they played last year.

I do agree that VY's entrance into the starting role had something to do with their playing better, just not as much as most seem to think.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 07:51 PM
The O-line made Carr throw 4 ints.

2 of the INTS were in garbage time, so they dont count.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:51 PM
No I'm serious ... I used to go to Hunt Texas . We'd go to Mo Ranch and drive into Kerrville . We went to the drive in one night .

oh I got you, I thought you were making fun of kerrville (which isn't hard to do).. no, it isn't there anymore .however I hear drive ins are making a comeback with new wireless technology..(fredericksburg supposively has one)

Oilersfan
12-17-2006, 07:52 PM
He needs at least 5 more years under Kubiak. Please Bob don't listen to all these fans,you need to be an oak just like you were in the draft when you stuck to your guns on Mario. Just stick it out for 5 more years so David can be properly evaluated. Stay strong Bob, ignore the nay sayers.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 07:55 PM
He needs at least 5 more years under Kubiak. Please Bob don't listen to all these fans,you need to be an oak just like you were in the draft when you stuck to your guns on Mario. Just stick it out for 5 more years so David can be properly evaluated. Stay strong Bob, ignore the nay sayers.

I don't know about 5 years, but I think after 1 more kubiak draft if things don't get better ..that is it.

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 07:59 PM
oh I got you, I thought you were making fun of kerrville (which isn't hard to do).. no, it isn't there anymore .however I hear drive ins are making a comeback with new wireless technology..(fredericksburg supposively has one)

I like Kerrville ... whats the cost of living like ?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I still want to know who the Carr haters will blame after Carr leaves?

I can see them now:

"WE NEED AN O-LINE, WEVE SAID IT ALL ALONG!"

Heywood
12-17-2006, 08:02 PM
please- the texans draft was EXCELLENT

subjec to the bogus decision to stick with carr, the texans draft- MW, ryans, spencer and daniels- EXCELLENT ****ing players.

somebody's got to slap kubiak and mcnair silly, and say the reality of the world is not white republican bulll****. no more boselllis. no more carrs. then the texans will be fine., they just need to roll with the flow a bit.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:04 PM
please- the texans draft was EXCELLENT

subjec to the bogus decision to stick with carr, the texans draft- MW, ryans, spencer and daniels- EXCELLENT ****ing players.

somebody's got to slap kubiak and mcnair silly, and say the reality of the world is not white republican bulll****. no more boselllis. no more carrs. then the texans will be fine., they just need to roll with the flow a bit.

Who gives a flying crap about your hatred for Republicans? GO kiss Michael Moore somewhere else or take it to the right forum.

TexansTailg8r
12-17-2006, 08:17 PM

The coach is right here. I'll admit, david is gone after this year, but you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you think a new qb is the answer in and of itself. David is done, he is ruined, but if they dont fix the line, all you are going to be doing is ragging another qb 3 years from now.