PDA

View Full Version : Laughter is the Best Medicine

Runner
12-17-2006, 02:52 PM
OK, this was bad. Rather than jumping off the metaphoric bridge, let's try to chill a little.

The Texans are what they are at this point, going berserk isn't going to change anything.

I suggest we as fans take this loss with some humor and get on with our lives.

the wonger need food
12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Good suggestion Runner. Let's just laugh at this organization like the rest of the world does.

OzzO
12-17-2006, 02:56 PM
it's kinda a hysterical, slightly "off center" laugh - but I'm with ya.

Texas_Heat
12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
:rant: the Best Medicine is to stop going to games stop buying anything Texans and stop watching this team in any form, Maybe then the owner will stop attacking the fanbase and get off his azz and fix this joke
:bag:

austintexanite
12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
OK, this was bad. Rather than jumping off the metaphoric bridge, let's try to chill a little.

The Texans are what they are at this point, going berserk isn't going to change anything.

agree all the way, people need to relax.

Marcus
12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
If you can't watch this team with sense of humor, you shouldn't be watching them. Shake your head with pity, but don't go any further than that.

About the only thing I can be actually 'mad' about, is with myself for continuing to still watch. How pathetic is that?

Trap_Star
12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
http://foros.eluniversal.com.mx/blogs/imagenes/Nelson_Muntz_rie2.jpg

IM POINTING AT YOU, DAVID CARR....

TheIronDuke
12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Dom Capers and Charley Casserly are laughing right now I'm sure.

Malloy
12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
:rant: the Best Medicine is to stop going to games stop buying anything Texans and stop watching this team in any form, Maybe then the owner will stop attacking the fanbase and get off his azz and fix this joke
:bag:

"someone" did not get the point of the original post :)

Vinny
12-17-2006, 03:25 PM
The entire NFL universe is laughing at our franchise....I'm not sure I want to add to it. I'm pretty disgusted at the attitude of this franchise from the owner on down.

Texans34Life
12-17-2006, 03:30 PM

Runner, the NFL has been laughing at us for 5 years. I have had enough with the Texans personnel and with the crap players they have put together.

There are only a few diamonds in the rough (AJ, Ryans, DD) that they have drafted. MW is still a ? and I'll wait til' next season to see if he is worth the #1 pick.

Texans fans have been optimistic for years. It's time to get pissed and step up against this crappy personnel.

JDizzle
12-17-2006, 03:30 PM
If that's the case then Carr would be having a great season.

aj.
12-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Instead of "Down with the Sickness" for our intro music, I want the theme from Benny Hill. Who's with me? Send letters to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

Heath Shuler
12-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Instead of "Down with the Sickness" for our intro music, I want the theme from Benny Hill. Who's with me? Send letters to fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

That made me laugh.

Runner
12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Texans fans have been optimistic for years. It's time to get pissed and step up against this crappy personnel.

OK, get PO'd. I'm sure that will have some positive impact and things will get better.

What we do really doesn't matter at this point. No reason to drive up the blood pressure, at least for me.

afcman
12-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, I WAS laughing today watching the game. And shaking my head. Because it's such a joke. We can beat the Jags, twice, but look like the Lions the rest of the time?

Nawzer
12-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm afraid that you don't want to create an apathetic fan base. You can live with a fan base that's angry and disgruntled, but the Texans are very close to having a large portion of their fan base just not care that much about their football team. It's hard to imagine that happening in Texas but that's how bad the Texans are. The Rockets before the last 2 or 3 years or so didn't generate much interest or passion and the evidence of that was found in the empty seats of the former Compaq Center and the new Toyota Center. They are imo still recovering from those Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, Moochie Norris, Kelvin Cato days. So the Texans have to be very careful about that. And the only true way of solving the problems is winning. Don't care how you win, but you gotta win in Houston to get the love from the fans.

afcman
12-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Don't care how you win, but you gotta win

True. It's a fact.

Cruuuuuuuz
12-17-2006, 05:55 PM

NO.
Its been 5 years. We ARE TIRED..of doing that.
we should ABSOLUTELY go Berserk.

FLYmeatwad
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, I WAS laughing today watching the game. And shaking my head. Because it's such a joke. We can beat the Jags, twice, but look like the Lions the rest of the time?

Except when the Lions played the Patriots though, they made a decent game out of it.

Did Indy clinch with that Jacksonville loss though? Because if they didn't then they better do it tomorrow night. I mean playing teams that can clinch against us back to back is going to hurt.

I'm looking forward to next season though. We play NFC South and AFC North right?

Runner
12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
NO.
Its been 5 years. We ARE TIRED..of doing that.
we should ABSOLUTELY go Berserk.

Actually for the past five years we have been going off on the disappointments, just as we have all this season. I don't think it is helping, but if it makes you feel better go for it. I was just offering an alternative.