PDA

View Full Version : david carr absolutely has to go!

IshouldbeGM
12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
david carr is like a pitcher in baseball who gives up 8 earned runs in the first 2 innings, then the next 3 innings he pitches perfect ball. when the game matters, he is trash, when the game is out of hand, hes perfect....his whole career he's put up garbage touchdowns, this guy is an absolute choker man, he is absolutely not representing the name "texans". get this guy out of town asap! trade his
a s s back to oakland or wherever hes from!

Yokohama Texan
12-17-2006, 01:27 PM
agreed. He just SUCKS!!!!!!

htsone
12-17-2006, 01:30 PM
david carr is like a pitcher in baseball who gives up 8 earned runs in the first 2 innings, then the next 3 innings he pitches perfect ball. when the game matters, he is trash, when the game is out of hand, hes perfect....his whole career he's put up garbage touchdowns, this guy is an absolute choker man, he is absolutely not representing the name "texans". get this guy out of town asap! trade his

LOL! This is news? :embarrass

hts

The Dream
12-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not just bashing when I say this, but Carr is truely one of the worst if not THE worst QB that I've ever seen play the position on a proffessional level.

gwallaia
12-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm not just bashing when I say this, but Carr is truely one of the worst if not THE worst QB that I've ever seen play the position on a proffessional level.

As pathetic as Carr is, I think Aaron Brooks is actually worse.

Domanick_Davis_Ownz
12-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I feel like an ***** for thinking David Carr was our man......

valleytexfan
12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
so was Joey Harrington in Detroit. Carr's just like him...needs a change of scenery and another team. I think Carr can be successful, but not in Houston. No way in Houston.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Who will the Carr haters blame if he goes somewhere else??

gwallaia
12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
so was Joey Harrington in Detroit. Carr's just like him...needs a change of scenery and another team. I think Carr can be successful, but not in Houston. No way in Houston.

I think Carr can be successful in Houston,.....just not as a football player. I bet he would do very well as a fry cook.

Yokohama Texan
12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
I feel like an ***** for thinking David Carr was our man......

It isn't your fault. I truly know how you feel. But now it has gotten to a point where he really needs to leave this team.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:43 PM
If Carr leaving will make the Carr haters start crying about the O-line...You know focus on the team not one guy, then fine. This team sucks but #59

I still want to know who is to blame when Carr leaves?

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 01:43 PM
& when we get someone else in here & were still 4-12 what will the carr haters say? Carr is certainly part of the problem but we've got issues all over the field.

Grid
12-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I think Carr could have success with another team, but he is doomed to failure here.

He needs to be replaced... badly.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 01:45 PM

http://www.alternativenation.net/photos/data/500/1733whaambulance.jpg

well I guess AJ's stats are garbage.. Is Demeco really a stud or is it he is on the field too much?? :sarcasm:

Goldeagle
& when we get someone else in here & were still 4-12 what will the carr haters say? Carr is certainly part of the problem but we've got issues all over the field.

Yeah, the Carr haters go VERY silent or make a snide remark when you ask them about improving the team and not crying over 1 position.

Texans Horror
Maybe if Carr didn't have Salaam and Hodgdon blocking for him, he would be better. And I use the term "blocking" lightly cause NE is just pounding Carr.

If there is a team out there with a strong line and a good receiving corps that just needs a QB, Carr is the man. He is a great player, but the Texans need a change and he needs a change. He deserves one.

IshouldbeGM
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM
this team needs to stockpile some draft choices. even if it means trading andre johnson and dunta robinson. for andre we can get at least a #1 and #2 draft choice, dunta can fetch a #1 pick for sure and a #3 maybe. David....hmmm...maybe a 7th. this team needs to stockpile picks move forward. i know andre and dunta are two of our best, but we have to move forward, those guys probably would want to leave anyway once their contracts are up. we might as well get something for them now.

gwallaia
12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
For starters, let's draft Joe Thomas. Cut Salaam. How is Salaam in the NFL?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
this team needs to stockpile some draft choices. even if it means trading andre johnson and dunta robinson. for andre we can get at least a #1 and #2 draft choice, dunta can fetch a #1 pick for sure and a #3 maybe. David....hmmm...maybe a 7th. this team needs to stockpile picks move forward. i know andre and dunta are two of our best, but we have to move forward, those guys probably would want to leave anyway once their contracts are up. we might as well get something for them now.

This might be best to do. Bring in fresh people with Daniels and Demeco

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah, the Carr haters go VERY silent or make a snide remark when you ask them about improving the team and not crying over 1 position.

No, what is sad is there are people still defending the guy while wanting to build of plastic bubble of perfection around him before her can make plays. Why was Rosenfels successful with the same line? Some guys know how to deal with pressure and make plays. The Titans don't have a great line. Bledsoe was getting killed and Romo has succeeded. Just pull the head out and look at the big picture. He won't take the Texans to where they want to go.

The Dream
As pathetic as Carr is, I think Aaron Brooks is actually worse

You can make an argument, but at least brooks was actually decent at one point in his career.

IshouldbeGM
yes aj's stats are garbage, his stats are like receivers at texas tech or hawaii. any receiver can catch 5 yard outs and slants....now, im not saying andre is garbage, he's just not being used properly. he needs to be utilized downfield to use his size and speed...u can get smaller slot receiver to catch the 5 yard slants, u dont use a 6'3 220 ibs receiver to run 5 yard outs and 2 yard hitches.

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Who will the Carr haters blame if he goes somewhere else??

If we get a real QB it will be hard to find some one to blame especially if the QB passes for more than one touchdown pass in 5 weeks :stirpot: 5 weeks i said it might be more than 5 weeks :stirpot: :hides:

touttail
12-17-2006, 01:51 PM
I totally agree!

1 TD pass
11 ints
last 6 games

Bobby 119C

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
No, what is sad is there are people still defending the guy while wanting to build of plastic bubble of perfection around him before her can make plays. Why was Rosenfels successful with the same line? Some guys know how to deal with pressure and make plays. The Titans don't have a great line. Bledsoe was getting killed and Romo has succeeded. Just pull the head out and look at the big picture. He won't take the Texans to where they want to go.

Once again, who do you blame after Carr leaves? Sage played a soft trash time D against the Titans and then looked shaky and nervous when in a real time situation.

Who will you blame when Carr leaves? Its not about defending him, its about looking at the whole team. For 5 years the O-line has been crap. Andre Johnson drops way to many passes. Key fumbles have hurt this team, so who will Carr haters blame when Carr is gone?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:53 PM
If we get a real QB it will be hard to find some one to blame especially if the QB passes for more than one touchdown pass in 5 weeks :stirpot: 5 weeks i said it might be more than 5 weeks :stirpot: :hides:

Remember, if Carrs good stats dont count then his bad do not.

Try again, remember you Carr haters would not accept Carrs good stats, so his bad stats dont count either.

But once again your answer is what I expect.

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 01:55 PM
ah the carr lovers know the end is coming i wonder if they will follow david to the CFL if he makes a team of course.:stirpot:

IshouldbeGM
12-17-2006, 01:55 PM
1 TD pass
11 ints
last 6 games

are those stats correct? if so....thats among the worst in nfl history. thats will fuerrer like, thats ryan leaf territory....geez, come on david, your better than that. we're never going to be able to get a 7th rd pick for you if you keep putting up those type of #s!!!

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Once again, who do you blame after Carr leaves? Sage played a soft trash time D against the Titans and then looked shaky and nervous when in a real time situation.

Who will you blame when Carr leaves? Its not about defending him, its about looking at the whole team. For 5 years the O-line has been crap. Andre Johnson drops way to many passes. Key fumbles have hurt this team, so who will Carr haters blame when Carr is gone?

What do you mean who will I blame? I'm not dumb enough to put all the blame on Carr. I'm just smart enough to see a mediocre QB with rocks for brains. That is what is the worst for me. The guy still hasn't learned simple lessons in 5 years. There is alot of blame to go around. And just to clarify I'm not a "Carr hater," I'm a "losing hater" who can't stand seeing management hand out money to scrub players.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:56 PM
ah the carr lovers know the end is coming i wonder if they will follow david to the CFL if he makes a team of course.:stirpot:

Theory proven

IshouldbeGM
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM

Try again, remember you Carr haters would not accept Carrs good stats, so his bad stats dont count either.

whats good stats??
oh yeh the 1 touchdown and 11 picks in the last 6 games....yeh those good #s.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM
What do you mean who will I blame? I'm not dumb enough to put all the blame on Carr. I'm just smart enough to see a mediocre QB with rocks for brains. That is what is the worst for me. The guy still hasn't learned simple lessons in 5 years. There is alot of blame to go around. And just to clarify I'm not a "Carr hater," I'm a "losing hater" who can't stand seeing management hand out money to scrub players.

I was not speaking to you, its obvious who I was speaking to.

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 01:58 PM

would you consider your self a carr homer or a texans fan its looks more like a car homer from my IP:marionaner: in your words theory proven:hides:

Wolf
12-17-2006, 01:59 PM

sage was successful the same way Carr is after a team gets a big lead..their defensive scheme changes.

with that said, Sage did look like he had a better feel to the offense than what Dave does.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:00 PM
would you consider your self a carr homer or a texans fan its looks more like a car homer from my IP:marionaner:

Im a Texans fan, how do you consider yourself? I see problems on the whole for the team, you seem to see Carr as the ONE AND ONLY problem? Once again, asnwer the question, who will you blame when Carr is gone?

And

The only difference between your opinion and a pile of crap is that after 4 days the pile of crap stops stinking

ThaShark316
12-17-2006, 02:01 PM
If we did that...who's out there? Waiting on rookies is retarded right now...and i'm sure alot of you guys don't want to wait on one, seeing as Carr still shows signs of playing like one...so I'm asking...who's out there to sign...cuz I know personally, I don't want to wait on a rook at this point.

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Im a Texans fan, how do you consider yourself? I see problems on the whole for the team, you seem to see Carr as the ONE AND ONLY problem? Once again, asnwer the question, who will you blame when Carr is gone?

And

The only difference between your opinion and a pile of crap is that after 4 days the pile of crap stops stinking

Casserly for drafting the next coming of heath shuler:ok: Go texans:joker:

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
A hometown favorite is the guy from UH Kevin Colb or Cobb?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Casserly for drafting the next coming of heath shuler:ok: Go texans:joker:

Well we agree on Casserly lol :yahoo:

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Well we agree on Casserly lol :yahoo:

actually that ***** sounded smarter than what he looks this morning on the cbs pregame show.

Ryan
A hometown favorite is the guy from UH Kevin Colb or Cobb?

Kolb

ThaShark316
I mean look, if we took Kolb (its Kolb, btw)...and signed a vet...then fine...but damn man, we can't possibly start a rook...i know Kubs won't do it if we dumped Carr.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:06 PM
actually that ***** sounded smarter than what he looks this morning on the cbs pregame show.

CBS is the best morning show, but with Cass on it???

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Why not stat a rookie? What if he has "it"

htsone
12-17-2006, 02:09 PM

Specious question. Dee IS here. Dee sucks. She is pathetically bad. Once she's gone, there will be no one to blame, since the team will improve by an order of magnitude.

hts

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Why not stat a rookie? What if he has "it"

you know that the only rookie QB to have "it" is VY i doubt there's another VY in this draft:stirpot:

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah but I dont care about VY, no point in going in that direction. I dont watch the Cougars play and I am curious if Kolb is that good or just "A houston guy"

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Get Jake Plummer and Troy Smith or Kevin Kolb. Who knows about Carr.

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 02:13 PM

1st, I think you'd find it pretty hard to learn "simple" lessons in the NFL while you're being rode into the ground on avg. about 35 times a season. 2nd hand out money to scrub players? That's all the texans are a collection of scrub players, what about the money handed out to Wade, what we gave up to get Buchanon, etc. Were a collection of rejects, & Outside of Mario, Meco & Dunta @ times, not one of our guys really on either side of the ball could go & start for anyone else in the league. Our "big" offseason acquistion last year for the o-line (Wade) isn't even starting for a team this year. & 3rd one of the things that i'm seeing is that kubes doesn't really have an identity with this team. do we want to be a running team or what?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Get Jake Plummer and Troy Smith or Kevin Kolb. Who knows about Carr.

Ehh, I dont want Plummer, We can go with Sage because he is good for about a season, and let a rookie sit for a year.

FanZilla
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey goldy, your homey Carr just threw another INT.

FYI....

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 02:15 PM
If we did that...who's out there? Waiting on rookies is retarded right now...and i'm sure alot of you guys don't want to wait on one, seeing as Carr still shows signs of playing like one...so I'm asking...who's out there to sign...cuz I know personally, I don't want to wait on a rook at this point.

Isn't this the same excuse we used before the draft...rookies take 3 years...looks like we were wrong on 4 or so of those so far. Rookies have just as good a chance as the trash we are putting out there.

Goldeagle
Hey goldy, your homey Carr just threw another INT.

FYI....

It was in Garbage time so the INT does not count

bigTEXan8
carr needs to leave. i've been a carr supporter, but the texans are going to ruin any qb that comes into this team because they refuse to do the simple things it takes to win football games; block, defense, and offense strategy. carr deserves all that money that he basically had to rob from the texans execs for the lack of their participation in making a winning football team. front office is a bigger joke to me than the defense and offense. and i have to eat crow because i thought kubiak was going to make this team good. he's starting to prove he's as much as a dee dee-dee as capers was.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
It was in Garbage time so the INT does not count

I know this is a joke but it isn't the interception that worries me it is the throw itself. Was there someone in blue anywhere around?

Mr teX
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
carr needs to leave. i've been a carr supporter, but the texans are going to ruin any qb that comes into this team because they refuse to do the simple things it takes to win football games; block, defense, and offense strategy. carr deserves all that money that he basically had to rob from the texans execs for the lack of their participation in making a winning football team. front office is a bigger joke to me than the defense and offense. and i have to eat crow because i thought kubiak was going to make this team good. he's starting to prove he's as much as a dee dee-dee as capers was.

See, that how you know that it's personnel more than anything. Most agreed that they thought kubes was the guy. He came from a winning organization, he's a texas guy, played under & learned from the best, but then he gets here & all of a sudden he's an *****?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I know this is a joke but it isn't the interception that worries me it is the throw itself. Was there someone in blue anywhere around?

Thats generally why I post with carr haters

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Thats generally why I post with carr haters

Why is that?

FanZilla
12-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey Goldy, Another INT for your Homey.

Just another FYI...

MrMeToo
12-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey Goldy, Another INT for your Homey.

Just another FYI...

Yeah...Who you gonna blame for that one?

NEROtheZERO
12-17-2006, 02:34 PM
It's funny, as I read this Carr throws his fourth interception today.

I supported Carr up until the Oakland game and that was the last straw for me. The guy is not the answer. He can't hold onto the ball, makes horrible decisions when he does have time, and cannot throw an accurate deep ball.

I also do not understand either side of the argument that is has to be either Carr or the offensive line. Why can't it be both? They are both pathetic and the reason our offense is so horrible. The people operating under the fallacy that Carr would be good with better protection should explain his four interceptions today and the botched deep ball to a wide open Andre Johnson downfield. How about the interception against Tennessee in quadruple coverage? His constant 4 yard passes on a 3rd and 6. The offensive line is to blame for some of his fumbles but Carr shares some of the blame as well.

We were headed in the right direction with our third round picks this year and I expect us to continue that. Unfortunately both of our lines have been decimated by injuries this year. I fully expect Carr to be replaced this offseason as well.

NFLforher
12-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Maybe if Carr didn't have Salaam and Hodgdon blocking for him, he would be better. And I use the term "blocking" lightly cause NE is just pounding Carr.

If there is a team out there with a strong line and a good receiving corps that just needs a QB, Carr is the man. He is a great player, but the Texans need a change and he needs a change. He deserves one.

Yes he does.

DRAMA
12-17-2006, 03:29 PM
i think if the Texans got Adrian Peterson and Troy Smith, the fans would at least feel some excitement...

Maybe we NEED Thomas at OL but AP and Troy Smith would at least give them a possible young tandem for the future - both being class acts and 1 FROM TEXAS!!

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 03:31 PM
As pathetic as Carr is, I think Aaron Brooks is actually worse.

Carr is no worse and no better than Aaron Brooks. They both are embarassments to the position, their city, and their family name.

HoustonFrog
12-17-2006, 03:34 PM

He isn't a great player. He isn't even a mediocre player. Great players don't make the same boneheaded mistakes over and over and they make their team better. He is a backup.

Texans34Life
12-17-2006, 03:34 PM
How is Salaam in the NFL?

Ask Kubiak and Rick Smith.

aj.
12-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Knowing how niiiiiiiiiicce the organization is, I'm thinking there's already a Carr exit strategy in work -- one in which he gets to save face by approaching management and requesting a trade or release because of the circumstances. The Texans 'grudgingly' accept his request, while deflecting pure admission of a screw up saying that he has all the tools, etc., etc., as he is heading out the door -- but the 'environment' dictates a change of course.