PDA

View Full Version : Mcnair and his passion

Superstar
12-16-2006, 02:10 PM
I think personally the reason why he does not want to let go of Carr is because of that Carr was the first one chosen in the draft. It has sentimental value to him. Its kinda like owning your first car and not want to let go of it because it was your first car. Its broken and you just want to make all the repair necessary to get that thing running. But in the end it still just wont start for you. Mcnair needs to let it go and move on ahead to better his team.

Texian
12-16-2006, 02:13 PM
No pun intended?

dirty steve
12-16-2006, 02:19 PM
I think personally the reason why he does not want to let go of Carr is because of that Carr was the first one chosen in the draft. It has sentimental value to him. Its kinda like owning your first car and not want to let go of it because it was your first car. Its broken and you just want to make all the repair necessary to get that thing running. But in the end it still just wont start for you. Mcnair needs to let it go and move on ahead to better his team.
how many threads are you going to start complaining about the same thing? start one and ask the mods to lock it to where only you can come in and complain. at least we know to stay away then.

Second Honeymoon
12-16-2006, 02:22 PM
how many threads are you going to start complaining about the same thing? start one and ask the mods to lock it to where only you can come in and complain. at least we know to stay away then.

cry more please

lance2112
12-16-2006, 02:25 PM
cry more please

Look who's talking

Second Honeymoon
12-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Look who's talking

I would expect more from a fellow Rush fan....congrats on your 4th post though

Texan_Bill
12-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think thats why at all... He is a business man, first and foremost. If he was so sentimental about things, he would have never sold Cogen.

Honoring Earl 34
12-16-2006, 02:31 PM

When you say ... It ... I don't think thats the ... it ... we've talked about .

Honoring Earl 34
12-16-2006, 02:35 PM
When you say let it go ... well whats he holding ?

Hulk75
12-16-2006, 04:28 PM

I am sorry but that is dumb, not you just what your whole thread is about,lets talk X's and O's, not old Carr, wont start crap.

Want to throw down with some reall stuff then lets go:yes: , but this makes no sense.

Heywood
12-16-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think thats why at all... He is a business man, first and foremost. If he was so sentimental about things, he would have never sold Cogen.

he scammed the enron shareholders so badly there, with his buddy ken lay's help, it would overpower anything.

gg no re
12-16-2006, 05:41 PM
In regards to a car that you're trying to fix and it just won't run, why won't replacement parts get the thing running?

I mean, cars don't seem like a complex thing. I'm not that well-versed in cars, but I'm pretty sure that if a car ain't working, you could probably replace something in the car to get it to work.

Yeah, if the tires on the car keep going flat, and you keep inflating it, and the tires still go flat, you probably won't be buying a new car. You'll be replacing the tires with new tires, and you just saved yourself a lot of money by not buying a new car to replace what was a non-functional car.

If you've ever watched Home Improvement, I'm sure you've seen Tim Taylor struggle to get his self-made car to work, but did he do his growl and throw the car away? No, he used more power, and got the car to work. Yes, he got rid of that car eventually, but it wasn't because it didn't work, it was because the show needed a new subplot to focus on over the course of the season, and working on a new car worked wonders.

I'll also gladly refer you to the live-action movie Initial D. When the engine in Takumi Fujiwara's AE86 blows out, did he throw away his car? No, he didn't, because his father owned it. But did his father throw it away? No, his father replaced the engine with a newer, better engine, and Takumi was back to racing in his newly-functional AE86.

The point? I don't think there is a car out there that can't be fixed with replacement parts, or does Eli Whitney's theory of interchangeable parts sound too far out for you? I don't even want to bring up Henry Ford's assembly line if you don't believe in interchangeable parts.

Hottoddie
12-16-2006, 07:08 PM
It's my first new topic thread on here Mr. Dumas. I was speaking about Mcnair not Carr. So technically it is different. I knew if I started a thread I would get thrashed by people like you. You people just can't handle the truth!

I'm tired of reading crap like this. So, congratulations, you just made my Ignore List.

dirty steve
12-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I am sorry but that is dumb, not you just what your whole thread is about,lets talk X's and O's, not old Carr, wont start crap.

Want to throw down with some reall stuff then lets go:yes: , but this makes no sense.
couldnt have said it better.

Wolf
12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
When you say ... It ... I don't think thats the ... it ... we've talked about .

"it" is on http://www.julia-emde.de/inside/weblog/wp-content/images/ebay.jpg

so they say

Hervoyel
12-16-2006, 09:22 PM
cry more please

Now that's rich coming from you man.

Goldeagle
12-16-2006, 09:27 PM
I would expect more from a fellow Rush fan....congrats on your 4th post though

Rush rules!!!

Dream Theater as well!

Texans_Chick
12-16-2006, 11:05 PM
If you've heard Bob McNair speak much, you can completely tell how much he wants to win. He wants to win, even if what he thinks will help him win is wildly unpopular.

I really believe that he believed that Carr gave you a chance to win faster than if you were developing Vince Young as your quarterback.

I think a lot of that belief came from the thought that getting Mike Sherman as your offensive line coach meant you would have a better offensive line for run and pass blocking. And it came from the belief that you could plug any back into the system, no matter whether you had the pieces on the line, and the back would succeed.

Texans had to panic mode early because the running game that worked in the pre-season non-worked at the beginning of the regular season. And then Spencer goes down to injury second game. And other bad stuff, and so on and so on.

Hindsight easy, foresight hard. I was at the draft party hearing people freaking out that the Texans took linebacker with their second pick and not o-line. Some stuff works, some stuff non-works. Some stuff is skill and foresight, and some stuff is luck, good, bad and otherwise. You can make your own luck sometimes, but sometimes you have to just pray.

Ryan
12-17-2006, 02:36 PM
do you think mcnair regrets his statements yet?