PDA

View Full Version : Ken Hamlin

Bubbajwp
12-14-2006, 09:18 PM
How do you guys feel about free agent Ken Hamlin being our FS next year.:stirpot:

ryansisgod
12-14-2006, 09:19 PM
anyone is an upgrade over CC and Earl

Bubbajwp
12-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I doubt we could sign one of the top FA Clement, Briggs, Thomas and still afford a FS or DT.

So IMO we should try to sign DT T Sands and FS K Hamlin.
Worry about the rest our needs in the draft.

ThaShark316
12-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I know he can hit, but I wonder what Seachicken fans think of him as a cover guy..

Trap_Star
12-14-2006, 09:29 PM
What about Michael Lewis from the Eagles?.....

Bubbajwp
12-14-2006, 09:31 PM
He has 3 interceptions and 7 pass deflections

ThaShark316
12-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Lewis is a trash defender and got benched for horrible play this year...he f'n sucks...sorry.

Trenches
12-15-2006, 08:49 AM
the Hammer would be a HUGE upgrade for the defense. Nobody is afraid of this defense. When was the last time they had a big time hitter? Or made a WR afraid to go over the middle? This defense (hell, this whole team) needs ATTITUDE and TOUGHNESS!

eriadoc
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I was under the impression that Hamlin was a good cover guy, but I've only seen about four Seahawks games over the past two years. And I think he was out for one of the ones I watched last year - Isn't he the safety that got his head cracked?

Trenches
12-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I was under the impression that Hamlin was a good cover guy, but I've only seen about four Seahawks games over the past two years. And I think he was out for one of the ones I watched last year - Isn't he the safety that got his head cracked?

yes. suffered a fractured skull from a street sign in a fight outside a bar. he is a tough SOB.

False Start
12-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I was impressed with Hamlin the first time I saw him play . He would look great in Deep Steel Blue . I doubt the Seagulls are willing to part with him . You never know though .

Malloy
12-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Talking secondary needs. Did y'all see that awesome INT P-buc made in the endzone last weekend?

Perhaps the Bucs want to trade him to us, a couple of first-day picks perhaps ? :)

Trenches
12-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I was impressed with Hamlin the first time I saw him play . He would look great in Deep Steel Blue . I doubt the Seagulls are willing to part with him . You never know though .

Im sure their cap is not looking that great. look at what they have done on the offensive side of the ball: Hasselbeck, Alexander, D Jack and now Branch. They had to let Hutch go last year because of cap concerns.

DatTexBoy
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
"I doubt we could sign one of the top FA Clement, Briggs, Thomas and still afford a FS or DT.

So IMO we should try to sign DT T Sands and FS K Hamlin.
Worry about the rest our needs in the draft."

I like the way you think:yes:

NJTexanFan
12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Lewis is a trash defender and got benched for horrible play this year...he f'n sucks...sorry.

Wow bold statement the guy had 107 tackles just last year and 93 of those were solo a bad year doesn't mean a guy is sorry

Second Honeymoon
12-15-2006, 05:34 PM
How do you guys feel about free agent Ken Hamlin being our FS next year.:stirpot:

He would be a huge upgrade but would be at a steep price. He is still pretty young and will be highly coveted. If we could scoop up a Nate Clements and a Ken Hamlin in the offseason, we could use our 1st round pick on the best OL or DT available.

Dream scenario would be the following
Hamlin and Clements in FA
OT Joe Thomas in 1st Round

all 3 of those players would come in and start and be substantial upgrades immediately from Day One. Making these moves would take a lot of money and a lot of recruiting by our franchise. Houston is a great city for the pro athlete (low taxes, good housing options, good nightlife and restaurants) but the team itself makes the destination less appealing. I guess money talks and bs walks, so lets back up the Brinks Truck on some guys that would actually earn their money. I am sick of overpaying for 2nd tier FAs...if we are going to overpay we may as well overpay for 1st tier..at least we get something that way