PDA

View Full Version : 1st and 10 about to discuss top 5 picks

ryansisgod
12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
the guys from 1st and 10 on espn are about to discuss the top 5 picks...lets see what they say abt mario and co.

ryansisgod
12-14-2006, 02:18 PM
they said if they could do over the draft they'd pick RB and VY as 1 and 2 and then DeMeco at 3 no sign of Williams.

TexansFanatic
12-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Skip Bayless said he would pick Vince Young first and that he will win multiple Super Bowls.....

I hate Skip Bayless but I completely agree with that.

DatTexBoy
12-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Skip Bayless said he would pick Vince Young first and that he will win multiple Super Bowls.....

agreed. on both counts

El Tejano
12-14-2006, 03:02 PM
What if Bush goes to the Super Bowl this year?

ryansisgod
12-14-2006, 03:05 PM

then one more point for the media to bash on the texans for passing on the Almighty BUSH.

dantem
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
what is ESPN? Oh, yeah... the guys that tell NFL fans what the should think.

Keyser Soze
12-14-2006, 03:39 PM

Then Super Bowl Week will be torture for Texans fans. We'll be reminded about it non-stop.

Remember the commercial when the Titans went? "How do the fans in Houston feel about now?" It'll be all that, and a lot more.

kenneth24
12-14-2006, 03:42 PM
Titans Vs. Saints in Superbowl would be a nightmare:gun:

Osso
12-14-2006, 05:04 PM
I won't say having VY wouldn't have been great but Mario is something special and has taken alot of abuse from the O all year. Our defense isn't top 10 yet with his play we have been a force all year on that side. Mario will begiving us strong play for many many years....and I'm willing to bet he contributes more to the NFL than VY or RB.:mario:

hot pickle
12-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Titans Vs. Saints in Superbowl would be a nightmare:gun:

never gonna happen

titans arent good enough

and the saints will not beat SD

im thinkin the chargers win the super bowl this season

phantom17
12-14-2006, 05:16 PM

I guess Skip Bayless can also predict the future (he must be the Nostrodomus (sp?) of sports)!:ok:

Second Honeymoon
12-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I won't say having VY wouldn't have been great but Mario is something special and has taken alot of abuse from the O all year. Our defense isn't top 10 yet with his play we have been a force all year on that side. Mario will begiving us strong play for many many years....and I'm willing to bet he contributes more to the NFL than VY or RB.:mario:

I am all for supporting the team, but the early returns show that Mario will be viewed as a poor pick due to all the top notch PRODUCERS already making an impact. I hope Mario shows me something other than the ability to play with pain. Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL. Sad but true and worse yet we passed on both the NFL equivalents of Jordan AND hometown Hakeem to get him.

fhlh
12-14-2006, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Second Honeymoon;537585]Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL.QUOTE]

OUCH.... that's gonna leave a mark

TexansFanatic
12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I am all for supporting the team, but the early returns show that Mario will be viewed as a poor pick due to all the top notch PRODUCERS already making an impact. I hope Mario shows me something other than the ability to play with pain. Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL. Sad but true and worse yet we passed on both the NFL equivalents of Jordan AND hometown Hakeem to get him.

I think Mario will do fine for a number of years, which is better than what Sam Bowie contributed to the Blazers. Even so, passing on VY and RB will go down as dumber than passing on Jordan.

Specnatz
12-14-2006, 06:24 PM

WOW comparing a team sport to a more idividual sport, I have never seen that done before. Maybe next you can compare them to Gretzky or Gordie Howe.

canadiantexan
12-14-2006, 06:26 PM
WOW comparing a team sport to a more idividual sport, I have never seen that done before. Maybe next you can compare them to Gretzky or Gordie Howe.

I'm lovin the hockey refrences:yahoo:

texan767
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
I guess Skip Bayless can also predict the future (he must be the Nostrodomus (sp?) of sports)!:ok:

Correct spelling would be Nostradumbass in Skip's case...

Tayton
12-14-2006, 07:22 PM
A few weeks ago Mario looked like a pretty good pick. Bush hadn't had a 100 yard game and VY was throwing interceptions at a pretty good clip. Even the national media was coming around. Now they are all saying I told you so. This thing has not played itself out. Lets relax, look forward to another good draft and hope that Mr. McNair opens the purse strings on a few FA.

Grid
12-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Its gonna be San Diego or Baltimore against Chicago or New Orleans in the Superbowl.

Im betting San Diego vs Chicago.. at least thats what im hoping.. I wont know who to root for..id want them both to win.

ThaShark316
12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
SD/BAL or NE = Super Bowl XLI

(watch a smart*** say "they're both in the afc"...yes, i know)

TexansFanatic
12-14-2006, 08:22 PM

????

JDizzle
12-14-2006, 08:41 PM
This is gonna be like that guy on Euro Trip, who could not escape that song "Scotty Doesn't Know" anywhere he went. Sadly it's just as funny.

Mr. B
12-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Agree totally with you Tayton.

Weeks ago the media, Bayless, etc all of them were touting how Bush and Young were overhyped due to their performance on the field. Some were even saying how Mario turned out to be the right pick after all even though he wasn't setting the world on Fire.

Now the boys have a had a couple of good games. While Vince's numbers are not spectacular he is finding a way to win the games and that says something.
As for Reggie well I am sorry he is doing ok but I just don't see what its all about. Yea he makes a good reciever but the Saints have so many weapons right now everyone looks good on the Saints right now. I want to see what Reggie can do in a situation like Mario or Vince where the teams they are playing on don't really have a whole lot.

Granted Tennesse has quite a bit more than the Texans but still they are not a powerhouse.

B

phan1
12-15-2006, 04:17 AM
I still can't believe people actually think Bush is a legitimate #1 pick. OVERRATED! Jones-Drew is a better back by miles. There are lots of offensive NFL rookies out-performing him. I'd definitely pick McNiel and Jones Drew over him.