PDA

View Full Version : No more crappy QB ideas.

Mattheus_Rex
12-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Plummer, Garcia.........Culpepper???

I have an idea, if you want a QB so bad, how about coming up with a guy who isn't crappy, past his prime, broken, or 9,000 years old. Every team has a back QB and I'd rather see any one of those besides any of these. What's next, Ryan Leaf? Good ole Vinny Testeverde?? He had some good years back in the 80's right? If these are the only ideas that people who want Carr replaced, then we better work on our running game.

ROCKY
12-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I think Damon Huard is a good stop-gap guy, while we groom a young gun to be our long-term guy. Other than that, it's slim pickens. When I look at the possibility of Culpepper or Plummer (shudder), I would just rather keep David and run out his contract while grooming the long-term guy.

All these old fogies are'nt even clearly an upgrade from Carr. Plummer throws TONS of interceptions, while Culpepper throws INT's AND fumbles a ton.

Or just play Sage as our stop gap guy, kind of like when the Oilers played Chris Chandler while we groomed Steve McNair.

Either way, as long as Kubiak & Smith keep building up the team as they have been, we'll be AOK.
:ok:

Texan_Bill
12-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Finally a thread of reason... People are so blinded by their hatred of David Carr, that they are coming up with the worst, most ridiculous ideas ever....

I have said it before and I agree with Rocky, bring in someone (or using Sage is fine too) to develop a younger guy... Let him watch and learn.. In fact I used the same analogy as Rocky, with Chris "the Glass Jaw" Chandler and Steve McNair in many other threads....

HJam72
12-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Hey! You guys think we could get Oliver Luck? :)

Texan_Bill
12-14-2006, 09:53 AM

LOL... Had to go there.... Although I think his son will be available in a couple of years...

michaelm
12-14-2006, 09:56 AM

How 'bout Gifford Nielson... the milk poster child?

TheOgre
12-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Plummer, Garcia.........Culpepper???

I have an idea, if you want a QB so bad, how about coming up with a guy who isn't crappy, past his prime, broken, or 9,000 years old. Every team has a back QB and I'd rather see any one of those besides any of these. What's next, Ryan Leaf? Good ole Vinny Testeverde?? He had some good years back in the 80's right? If these are the only ideas that people who want Carr replaced, then we better work on our running game.

Carr needs a change of scenario and the fans will be lost if they bring him back as our starter next year (unless we have a rookie waiting in the wings). Trading Carr and bringing in a stopgap veteran allows us flexibility in the draft and quiets the "Carr suxor@!!#@%@@@!" crowd. This team is at least two more solid drafts from being a good team. That means we don't have to get our QB of the future until 2008 if the draft doesn't fall right (to get a QB) in 2007.

tsip
12-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I think Damon Huard is a good stop-gap guy, while we groom a young gun to be our long-term guy. Other than that, it's slim pickens. When I look at the possibility of Culpepper or Plummer (shudder), I would just rather keep David and run out his contract while grooming the long-term guy.

All these old fogies are'nt even clearly an upgrade from Carr. Plummer throws TONS of interceptions, while Culpepper throws INT's AND fumbles a ton.

Or just play Sage as our stop gap guy, kind of like when the Oilers played Chris Chandler while we groomed Steve McNair.

Either way, as long as Kubiak & Smith keep building up the team as they have been, we'll be AOK.
:ok:

I agree. Huard has done well when given the chance to play in Miami/New England/ and KC. Too, Sage has played well for us in his limited playing time.