PDA

View Full Version : Demeco

Mr. B
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
OK enough about Carr and Vy tired of that.

Was surfing tube today and happened to hit on ESPN right when they were talking about ROY. Normally I don't watch them but I wanted to hear what they had to say.

Of course we all know where this is going and no its not about VY. They tossed out names and of course Reggie was tops on the list. Colston didn't even get any play and they just vaguely tossed in VY. Anyhow one of the reporters brought up Demeco Ryans and tossed out there that he is something like a one man defensive machine. Should he get consideration.

Well it didn't take them more than 2 seconds to come back with a big NO cause he plays defense. The whole rest of the time it was all Reggie and Hester. One of them even said something along the lines of Reggie is the ROY due to his numbers and how he has turned the Saints around this year.

Well I almost hit the floor rolling on that one. Not even a mention of Colston or Henderson, Brees, Duece, or Coach Peyton. It was all Reggie and the reason the Saints are the Team to beat.

So Demeco doesn't get it cause he is defense. Thats about right its all showtime and perception and no substance in the NFL ROY now.

Thank goodness I don't watch to much of the talking bobble heads on ESPN.

B

wwffan99tx
12-13-2006, 09:32 PM
They award an offensive and a defensive ROY

LORK 88
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Let me take a wild guess and say Salisbury was the biggest Bush supporter out there? BTW, I dont want to start controversy (even though its inevitable with these upcoming statements), but Bush's stats are nothing special. Statistically, his rushing stats are nothing special (3.2 YPC, 8 rookie RBs have more rushing yards than Bush). Receiving wise he's doing fine, but he's not even the best rookie WR on his team and his receiving average is far from special. If anyone deserves credit for turning that team around, its Drew Brees and Sean Payton.

Mr. B
12-13-2006, 10:06 PM
No I believe Salsbury said Heston should get it with the other two guys one of whom I believe was Eric Allen saying hands down to Reggie Bush.

The ESPN/Media save face agenda is back on. Hell I would vote VY way before Bush, even though I think Colston should be the winner but I guess his injury and games missed are gonna kill him.

B

Sco-tai
12-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah.....there is a Defensive ROY and Offensive ROY.

I would be shocked if RYANS didn't get it for Defense. I mean....other than KO SIMPSON (whom I complained about us not trading up and drafting as a HUGE steal in the 4th) is there anyone that really stands out as Defensive ROY other than Ryans?

I know AJ Hawk has come on strong lately...but anyone else, I can't really think of at this time. Wait....some guys playing for Chicago, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

nunusguy
12-13-2006, 10:29 PM
I know AJ Hawk has come on strong lately...but anyone else, I can't really think of at this time. Wait....some guys playing for Chicago, right?
Any help would be appreciated.
Mark Anderson, DE for the Bears, who was DeMecos teammate at 'Bama.
He's got 10 sacks as a part time player.
Anybody know what the selction process is for ROY ? Like who does the voting ?

YoungTexanFan
12-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Mark Anderson, DE for the Bears, who was DeMecos teammate at 'Bama.
He's got 10 sacks as a part time player.
Anybody know what the selction process is for ROY ? Like who does the voting ?

And Ernie Simms.

I called Ko Simpson being a stud and I want that on record. I want people eating crow. Bar-b-que at my place. Menu: Crow