PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sherman

amazingandre
12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
We need to get rid of him fast...........I live in wisconsin and all i hear about are the frickin packers......well this morning on a talk show they were talking about all time disappointments and grudges that the fans will never let go of. i didnt realize this (cuz im a texans fan) but sherman sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he isnt a good coach and he isnt a good playcaller. i think he is having too much impact on kubiak and it needs to stop......like the prevent defense that the packers did a few years back in the playoffs.........4th and 22 and if they stop the opposing team the advance in the playoffs......but no they didnt cuz of shermans boneheaded prevent...oh man he was almost tarred and feathered haha good stuff anywho........trust me we need to let him go or he will be THE NEXT CASSERLY I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runner
12-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Breathe into a brown paper bag. Relax.

Big J
12-13-2006, 07:37 PM
It really cant be that extreme....or anywhere close to Casserly bad.

Mr. White
12-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Anybody else hear his name get mentioned as a candidate for the Alabama job on Rich and Marc's show today on 610?

Texan1
12-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Mike Sherman is the least of our worries...

HJam72
12-13-2006, 08:38 PM
We need to get rid of him fast...........I live in wisconsin and all i hear about are the frickin packers......well this morning on a talk show they were talking about all time disappointments and grudges that the fans will never let go of. i didnt realize this (cuz im a texans fan) but sherman sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he isnt a good coach and he isnt a good playcaller. i think he is having too much impact on kubiak and it needs to stop......like the prevent defense that the packers did a few years back in the playoffs.........4th and 22 and if they stop the opposing team the advance in the playoffs......but no they didnt cuz of shermans boneheaded prevent...oh man he was almost tarred and feathered haha good stuff anywho........trust me we need to let him go or he will be THE NEXT CASSERLY I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I generally HATE the prevent D, but 4th and 22 is one of the times that I would use it. Not disagreeing with your main ideas at all here though.

West Texas Texan
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
There was a reason he was run out of green bay. Look at his record there, look at the player morale, his inability to keep the key component players there, to allow the Packers remain contenders on a yearly basis. They went from SB to scrubs in 4 short years. And that happened with Brett Farve, Ahmand Green, top quality receivers, and a decent D.

The offense, especially the OLine, have to come together, like a brotherhood. The O line coach and OC help form that bond. Sherman is too worried about control. The players are constantly worried about being fined for meaningless things. This doesn't promote cohesiveness, it doesn't promote brotherhood, it doesn't promote "team". You never see any of the players joking with Sherman.

Ask any Pittsburgh Steeler of their thoughts of Cowher. comments like "I would go to war for him"......You certainly won't hear that about Sherman.

DontTreadOnMe
12-13-2006, 11:38 PM
uhhh buddy, lets chill out for a second... sherman probably has little to no influence on our defensive schemes... and he isnt that bad of a coach. regardless of how our oline is being perceived, and rightfully so... but the fact of the matter remains that we have had significant injuries to our hogs, and i think sherman's impact would have been seriously felt if all of those guys didnt go down. instead, he is reduced to coaching players who did not have a job 3-5 weeks into the season. lets fire everybody!!!! crap man, i understand being critical and upset about the texans.. but at least be rational about it... at your pace, we'll be talking about canning the water boys because somehow its ALL their fault the texans are not up to your expectations yet.

shinerbock_girl
12-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Down Boy Down :deadhorse