PDA

View Full Version : Tell me there is something to get excited about

bayshorebevo
12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
The Titans and Saints are the most excited teams in the NFL right now. The fans can't wait to get to the next game. Meanwhile we are in a hurry up and wait mode. We have Peyton coming to town to rip us to shreds on Christmas Eve and then the exciting Cleveland Browns to bring in the New Year. Can't wait for the 2 yard dink & dunk passes and the make 1 move & cut for 3 yards offense to hit the field. If the weather is miserable in Boston this weekend maybe it will be entertaining. I will be cheering for the Texans along with everybody else. But exciting? When is that going to start? I realize we need to improve the defense but without any offense it is a snoozefest. Ron Dayne is okay but he's a 4 on a scale of 10. To the best of my knowledge, Andre had 1 ball thrown to him last week over 20 yds (it might have been 21 yds). Can we please mix in a couple of bombs or gadget plays just so it is not so predictable. If we are going to lose, at least go down in a ball of fire instead of just running up the white flag. We have not seemed like we are trying to win any more than when Dom was here. Comments please.

Trenches
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
something to get excited about?

sure! another top 10 draft pick!

oh how much fun we'll have second guessing that!

Texan_Bill
12-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Call me old fashion but I would much rather watch a great defensive game over a game where the last team with the ball wins... Defense can be exciting!! So with that said, it's not a "snoozefest" to everyone out there.

Defense wins championships... I wouldn't care if we had the lowest scoring offense in the league, as long as our defense allowed less.... JMO....

shinerbock_girl
12-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Something to get excited about: This year over, Next year starting.

Mr. White
12-13-2006, 10:43 AM
something to get excited about?

sure! another top 10 draft pick!

oh how much fun we'll have second guessing that!

Most teams play for January. We play for April.

houstonhurricane
12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Call me old fashion but I would much rather watch a great defensive game over a game where the last team with the ball wins... Defense can be exciting!! So with that said, it's not a "snoozefest" to everyone out there.

Defense wins championships... I wouldn't care if we had the lowest scoring offense in the league, as long as our defense allowed less.... JMO....

Not to give you a hard time, but do you call last week's game a great "defensive game" where the last team with the ball didn't win! Just giving you some grief...

Seriously, we have to look at the bright side...at least they won't raise season ticket prices! That's exciting - isn't it?

TheOgre
12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
If we get Adrian Peterson, we will finally have that playmaker (at RB or QB) that everyone has been craving.

texaslifter
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Adrian Peterson is injury prone! Quit planting the seed that we want him, we dont!

And I love defensive games. I want the over under for our games to be like 20 points!!

Trenches
12-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Most teams play for January. We play for April.

lol, well, the draft has always been my favorite part of the year!

Hervoyel
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Adrian Peterson is injury prone! Quit planting the seed that we want him, we dont!

And I love defensive games. I want the over under for our games to be like 20 points!!

What do you mean "we"? You got a mouse in your pocket?

You don't speak for me. Peterson with our first pick would make me a happy fan. A LT would work too but I wouldn't at all be upset to see the Texans pick up Adrian Peterson.

HOU-TEX
12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Pearland playing Austin Westlake in the state semi-finals in College Station this Saturday. I'm pretty excited about that.:yes:

Meisterman
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm excited about the prospect of a third of this year's team being cut in the off-season. :marionaner:

And the draft is always an adventure in April. Good thing Crash Dummy Casserly is gone.

gtexan02
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
As Texans fans, we don't have much to be excited about.

The offseason is VERY long, and it will be years before we as a team can be excited about games past the 1st 6 weeks of the season