PDA

View Full Version : solace

Silver Oak
12-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Through all of the pain that we experienced Sundy, I think that some small consolation can be found in the fact that the Titans are still Bud's team, and in all of his years of ownership, either through bad luck or bad decisions, he has yet to WIN the SB.

It's a small thing to hold onto, but I'll take the loss last Sunday in the knowledge that despite our slow start, the Texans and Mr. McNair will still WIN the SB in much less time that it will take Bud.

:fans:

texaslifter
12-13-2006, 08:13 AM
hate to break the news to ya, but buds team has been to the super bowl

real
12-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Super Bowl XXXIV

On January 30th, 2000, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Dick Vermeil's St. Louis Rams beat Jeff Fisher's Tennessee Titans, 23-16, in Super Bowl 34. The leader of "The Greatest Show on Turf," Kurt Warner had a record 414 passing yards and 2 touchdowns, taking home Super Bowl Thirty-Four's MVP. Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt snagged a touchdown a piece, while Marshal Faulk caught 5 balls for 90 yards. A record nine players caught passes for the Rams. Eddie George and Steve McNair led the Titans offense. Frank Wycheck and Isaac Byrd caught balls to keep the Titans' final drive alive, but Kevin Dyson was tackled on the one-yard-line by Mike Jones as time expired, sealing the Ram win.
http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/2000s.php

please tell me you remember this.....

real
12-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Kinda makes me wonder about you silver.....

Silver Oak
12-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Let me restate by saying never WON.

All else still applies.

real
12-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Let me restate by saying never WON.

All else still applies.

I'll let you make it....:ok:

brewhaus
12-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Too funny.. they almost won, came-in second in the Super bowl.

That would make them the first loser, right?

Runner
12-13-2006, 08:43 AM
That would make them the first loser, right?

Sure - and we wouldn't want that for the Texans, would we? :rolleyes:

Texan_Bill
12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
hate to break the news to ya, but buds team has been to the super bowl

Read a little more carefully.... He said "WIN" a Sb and I for one, do take solice in knowing that Bud came up 1 yard short!!!

brewhaus
12-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Sure - and we wouldn't want that for the Texans, would we? :rolleyes:

I have to keep believing, even though I haven't seen it yet, that we are better than the Titans. Ownership-wise, coaching-wise and player-wise. :homer:

HJam72
12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
I have to keep believing, even though I haven't seen it yet, that we are better than the Titans. Ownership-wise, coaching-wise and player-wise. :homer:

Ownership -- YES

Coaching -- I don't know....that Titans HC is pretty good.

Players -- I gotta say No. Almost, but no.

real
12-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Ownership -- YES

Bob McNair doesn't have as long as a track record, but at this point Adams gets the nod from me....

Runner
12-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Just ask a titan fan how it felt, to lose on Superbowl Sunday. 1st loser.. covers it.

OK. Then I'll ask them if they are glad they have an AFC Championship, or if they would have traded that championship for a 2-14 record and first pick in the draft that year.

http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

swoldier
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Just ask a titan fan how it felt, to lose on Superbowl Sunday. 1st loser.. covers it.

I think AFC Champs sounds much better than 1st loser. I would love to have that title for the Texans 1st loser or AFC Camps its all the same.

EDIT:
Seems i was beat to the punch on the AFC champs thing i hadnt read all the way down.

gtexan02
12-13-2006, 10:30 AM
This whole thread seems like a way to displace our frustration onto old news. Who cares what happened to the Titans?

They swept us this year, which means they are the better team, which means that nothing else matters.

Sarg01
12-13-2006, 12:02 PM
How many years was that franchise into its existence before making it to the SB and losing? I think it's a little early to say that the Texans don't have a shot at outdoing the Titans.

Vinny
12-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Through all of the pain that we experienced Sundy, I think that some small consolation can be found in the fact that the Titans are still Bud's team, and in all of his years of ownership, either through bad luck or bad decisions, he has yet to WIN the SB.

It's a small thing to hold onto, but I'll take the loss last Sunday in the knowledge that despite our slow start, the Texans and Mr. McNair will still WIN the SB in much less time that it will take Bud.

That's no solace....I was in Nashville when the Oilers/Titans went to the Super Bowl. That was one of the finest SB's ever and McNair's last drive was historic...well, almost historic except for the fact that Dyson has no YAC abilities. Bud also won the first two AFL championships.

I just wish our franchise was that bad.

POWERBALL
12-13-2006, 08:49 PM

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY...GO TEXANS AND HECK WITH:yahoo: THE REST OF THE LEAGUE

TNTitan
12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
How many years was that franchise into its existence before making it to the SB and losing? I think it's a little early to say that the Texans don't have a shot at outdoing the Titans.

Titans were what? Guessing? Around for 40 years before going to the SB and losing. So you all have 35 more years before becoming first looser :)