PDA

View Full Version : I like Peyton Manning.

gtexan02
12-13-2006, 07:56 AM
There, I said it. It feels good to get it off my chest. I hear a lot of people claiming they hate him, and therefore hate both the Colts and the Giants.
Why? Once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, whats the point in maintaining a hate over the division rival we have no rivalry with?

I think Peyton is probably the best mechanics QB to ever play the game, and I just hope he can find a way to win a superbowl sometime in his career.

Maybe his little brother was a whiner. Maybe his dad was behind it. But how can you blame Peyton for that?

And the commercials for NFL--true, they may be getting a little old. But how can you not enjoy them?
-The mustache one
-The "cut that meat"
-etc
I mean, aren't those better than the ridiculously over the top dramatic 'people turning into demons which turn into rain drops which turn into bullets which dunk basketballs' and then a shoe pops up commercials?

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I just thought I'd share my dirty little secret.

thunderkyss
12-13-2006, 08:02 AM
I like the big head commercial.......

But I'm a Peyton fan, and I don't care who knows it.

At the same time, I hope we can be what the Patriots have been to Peyton. A torn in his side.

texaslifter
12-13-2006, 08:42 AM
If you don't like Peyton, you don't like football. Its like basketball fans claiming to hate Michael Jordan. He's just entertaining to watch - I can understand not wanting to root for the colts, but you can't deny the guy is a machine.

I agree on the sentiment that I think it would be an absolute shame if he never gets a ring. He deserves it. I just hope he gets exactly 2 losses every season the rest of his career.

Texans86
12-13-2006, 01:32 PM
I try so stinkin' hard not to like the guy...but I can't do it. He's an amazing quarterback, and his commercials are hilarious. Man I wish I had just a small percentage of his money.

TexansSeminole
12-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I like him too...my dad is a Volunteer so he has always liked him and the Colts and it has rubbed off on me.

TexansLucky13
12-13-2006, 01:37 PM
He is a bad arse QB but I find a way to hate him. The commercials do it for me, I think. Annoying at this point.

ib4texans
12-13-2006, 01:38 PM
I like Peyton, I think his commercials humanize him and make him more personable. It takes a truly big individual to poke a little fun at himself. The only thing I have not respected about Peyton is he throws the O-line under the bus too often.

TexansSeminole
12-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I like Peyton, I think his commercials humanize him and make him more personable. It takes a truly big individual to poke a little fun at himself. The only thing I have not respected about Peyton is he throws the O-line under the bus too often.

Well thats pretty much the only thing on his offense that needs fixin'.

pittbull
12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
I tell you what, many don't like the guy and feel he can't win the big one, but there is no QB better to see live! I have seen him everytime he has come to Reliant, In Pittsburgh, and I have gone to see the Texans at the RCA Dome. Watching him is like watching poetry in motion. There is no one better in the business. No one better for preparation. Just go early and watch him workout with Harrison and Wayne. It's like watching a perfectly designed Army Drill. Flat out beautiful!

kastofsna
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
i love the guy. efficiency is a beautiful thing from the quarterback position, and he defines that.

Huge
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
People not liking Peyton Manning is proof that you're not going to be liked by everybody.

The Dream
12-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Peyton Manning is as exciting as anyone to watch in football....I've always been a fan of his.

ThaShark316
12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh Peyton's a joy to watch...unless he's against a 3-4 D...still the best in the league hands down.

"Lets go insurance adjusters, lets go!"

thunderkyss
12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Remember when Peyton came into the league?? Everybody thought being in the shadow of Archie Manning was going to be impossible for Peyton to find what could be called success. No matter what he did, no matter how many yards he's thrown, TDs he was responsible for, games he won....... he was always going to be Archie's boy.

Now his lil brother has an even bigger shadow to crawl out from under.

That's amazing.