PDA

View Full Version : John P. Lopez: Kubiak's QB verdict ought to be a breeze

dbspi
12-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Kubiak's QB verdict ought to be a breeze

Vince Young is not the reason the Texans should realize, finally, that it is time to move on from the David Carr era.

Drew Brees is the reason.

Sure, it was one unforgettable, riveting, in-your-face afternoon at Reliant Stadium on Sunday, with Young coming home and showing the Texans what could have been.

Could have. Past tense.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/lopez/texans/4395441.html

El Tejano
12-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Good article. The one thing I would point out is that Drew has won before in the playoffs and only Plummer was one of his examples that won in the playoffs also.

I tend to feel that even Rosenfelts plays good enough to make his team play better too.

Texanfan4ever
12-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Good article. The one thing I would point out is that Drew has won before in the playoffs and only Plummer was one of his examples that won in the playoffs also.

I tend to feel that even Rosenfelts plays good enough to make his team play better too.

And you put stock in what John Lopez has to say????

Texans_Chick
12-13-2006, 10:34 AM
What???!!! You mean the Saints aren't the dumbest team ever for getting Brees in free agency and not waiting months and months to draft quarterback in a fat quarterback class?

And the Dolphins are the dumbest ever for going for Culpepper.

Teams have to make hard decisions based on imperfect information. New Orleans needed to decide whether Brees' shoulder was really fixed and the Dolphins needed to figure out if Culpepper's knees would be okay.

Some decisions work out, and some don't, and some pompous after the fact Lopez article doesn't change the fact that teams need tons of skill and luck. Skill in making the right decisions and luck that they don't get too many injuries and/or have an atrocious schedule.

You could look at any number of old posts here and laugh at the some of the opinions that people had of what would work or not work. Personally, I wouldn't have kept Aaron Brooks, but I really didn't think Drew Brees would be ready. And I was wrong.

Double Barrel
12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
What???!!! You mean the Saints aren't the dumbest team ever for getting Brees in free agency and not waiting months and months to draft quarterback in a fat quarterback class?

I can't believe the Saints were also stupid enough to pass on Vince Young, too. :shades:

SESupergenius
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Man the media revisionists are overwhelming. I hate when people talk out of both sides of their mouths and never admit to making a mistake or think Player X was their man all along.