PDA

View Full Version : McClain: Let's Fix the Texans

MojoX
12-12-2006, 07:30 PM
In a new blog entry, McClain offers up a plan to fix the Texans. He offers up assessments of the offense and defense and means to fix both. It's a long one. Follow the link for the whole piece.

Now, if you're still reacting with your heart and not your head and still intent on calling Bob McNair, Charley Casserly and Gary Kubiak morons and idiots — just a couple of the nicer descriptions you've sent — this blog won't be for you.

It's just going to be the facts, Jack.

If you can't get over the fact that Vince Young isn't a Texan and you still want to give yourself an ulcer, so be it. But that's not what this entry's about. It's about a future that can be shaped, not a past that can be changed.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/12/warning_dont_read_this_blog_if.html

Wolf
12-12-2006, 07:36 PM
question is if HE can get over not having VY here

dtran04
12-12-2006, 07:43 PM
question is if HE can get over not having VY here

Other than that, I pretty much agree with his blog post.

texaslifter
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
That is DEFINITELY one of the better blogs by him.

Texan1
12-12-2006, 07:54 PM
He must be getting heat form the Texans, b/c he has been ripping them harder than anyone. You know he really doesn't feel this way, after he told them over and over last April they were making a huge mistake. He was one of the many who told them that...

MojoX
12-12-2006, 07:56 PM
He must be getting heat form the Texans, b/c he has been ripping them harder than anyone. You know he really doesn't feel this way, after he told them over and over last April they were making a huge mistake. He was one of the many who told them that...

Well, he does reiterate that they made a huge mistake by passing on Young and goes so far that the Texans know it now too. I think McClain is being sincere. He's just trying to let the past be in the past and look ahead.

Goldeagle
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I disagree with him on like 80% of what he wrote.

If Jake plummer comes here, I'll be as ticked as the Carr haters, and Adrian wont have great games because the O-line still is junk. Its been 5 years and for some reason ALL OF US have asked for the O-line to be fixed and frankly A Peterson has injury issues.

Texan1
12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
This may actually be theraputic - bottoming out like this. That way we (McClain too) can look to the future and bury the frustration we've had since last April. No where to go but up... until Bush comes into town next year or unless Carr gets traded and takes his next team to the Super Bowl.

texaslifter
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I'd like to add that I do not want Adrian Peterson. Not because he isn't a good runner - he is. But he has injury issues, he just gets hurt too often. Putting him against harder hitting, bigger, stronger defenses in the NFL can't make it any better.

gtexan02
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
lol so heres the plan:

draft a stud LT in the 1st round.
draft Adrian Peterson in the 1st round or a feature back sometime later.
draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to be groomed.
draft a starting caliber CB that hits hard AND covers well.
draft a starting caliber S that hits hard, plays the run well, and covers well.
draft a starting caliber OLB
draft a speedy pass rusher that gets a lot of sacks

So basically, we need to have 7 draft picks before round 2 is up in order to accomplish what he's saying here...

Honoring Earl 34
12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Get rid of Carr ... I'm giving McClain a neg rep .

texaslifter
12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
lol so heres the plan:

So basically, we need to have 7 draft picks before round 2 is up in order to accomplish what he's saying here...

No, he says you can get a good RB in later rounds, same with lineman. He also says that we can look to free agency for a number of these needs.

Texan1
12-12-2006, 08:07 PM

LOL - It so easy - Why didn't we THINK of this last year?!!?!!

Honoring Earl 34
12-12-2006, 08:08 PM
He's saying the turn around may not be complete until 2008 . There's no reason that we can't be above average next year .

texaslifter
12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Part of me thinks its a blessing in disguise that Mario is hurt. He was obviously becoming a force earlier in the year before his injury. There is no reason to believe that won't continue as he gets more experience and the injury bug leaves him.

But what does that mean? The team loses a couple more games with one of its 'impact' players not being so 'impact'. A higher draft pick, and a solid defensive unit next year.

At least thats what I'm hoping for.

kingh99
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
That's pretty much it. Winston would be a very large guard as he's really jumbo tackle sized. I guess if he can run, go for it.

Anyway, McClain sees the same need areas with more work from the inside out. I think he's off regarding one position although it might be possible to pick up one of these track guys. It's obvious they need a burner who can stretch the field. Two would be ideal. Harrison and Wayne would be nice. On defense more rush will make the guys they have in the secondary now all pros. Later rounds should see a lot of secondary picks. Peaty going to marauder on the dime will be strong with a new CB and one or two more new guys in the secondary.

Texan1
12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
No, he says you can get a good RB in later rounds, same with lineman. He also says that we can look to free agency for a number of these needs.

OK, so lets break down McClain’s scenario....

RB = 1st pick - has to be Peterson - b/c the chances of picking him up as an undrafted free agent aren’t good (even in McClain's fantasy scenario)

Stud LT = Probably won't get a starter in the 2nd round; so I'm guessing you'll have to pick up a stud no one wants through free agency. No bid deal, we pick up a stud LT every year like this. :)

young QB = We need a veteran, so we will plug Rosenfeilds in here and not let him cover kicks next year. Now all we have to do is draft a QB; Lets use our 3rd round pick and give him a clipboard. Do - able.

OLB starter = 2nd round; this is where we got Ryans - so this is feasible

DE pass rusher = 4th round; - but wait a second; if we can get quality DE talent in the 4th round - why did pick Mario in the 1st... oopps - need to look to the future.

CB starter = 5th round. There should be plenty of starters available in the 5th round… but wait a second; if we can get quality CB talent in the 5th round - why trade multiple picks for P Buchanan... oopps – sorry need to keep looking to the future.

S starter = 6th round or free agency; no problem.

Hmmmm...

Double Barrel
12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Not a bad blog by McClain. But it's just another voice in the wilderness, because this off-season could go many different directions.

I wouldn't mind 'drafting ugly' if it addresses our o-line. A RB or defensive player wouldn't bother me, either. We've got so many holes on this team after four years of Casserly/Capers & Co. sorry building that we could use that pick on several different positions for needed upgrades.

TexanSam
12-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Good blog post by McClain. Texans fans have to start thinking ahead not what could have been. We don't have Vince or Reggie, they have to deal with it. Obvioiusly, many of the comments he recieved didn't read the warning.

Vinny
12-12-2006, 08:28 PM
CB starter = 5th round. There should be plenty of starters available in the 5th round… but wait a second; if we can get quality CB talent in the 5th round - why trade multiple picks for P Buchanan... oopps – sorry need to keep looking to the future.

S starter = 6th round or free agency; no problem.

Hmmmm...If you want a starter you have to use a first or second rounder or at least a first day pick at CB for the most part. This isn't like finding a rb.

Double Barrel
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
If you want a starter you have to use a first or second rounder or at least a first day pick at CB for the most part. This isn't like finding a rb.

how about safeties? First rounders, or can you find good ones later?

Vinny
12-12-2006, 08:32 PM
how about safeties? First rounders, or can you find good ones later?cornerbacks are harder to find than a safety so I'd take the cornerback if all is equal and you need both...as we do.

Goldeagle
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
lol so heres the plan:

Round 1: LT
Round 2: OG
Round 3: O lineman
Round 4: a Punter (EFF Chad Stanley)
Round 5: O-lineman
Round 6: O-lineman
Round 7: O-lineman

Maybe we get 2 good players out of that.

kingh99
12-12-2006, 08:37 PM
If you want a starter you have to use a first or second rounder or at least a first day pick at CB for the most part. This isn't like finding a rb.

CB in the first day, yes. Derrick Lewis hooked up deep with Sage in two different preseason games. Pretty plays. And the FB Leach was likewise impressive in the preseason. It's good to see him making plays now that he took the job from Cook.

ArlingtonTexan
12-12-2006, 08:37 PM
how about safeties? First rounders, or can you find good ones later?

Not unusual for at least one of your safeties to be a 2nd day guy. In fact, the 4th and 6th the Texans have spent on safeties is fine. The fact they are both SS types is more of an issue than where they were drafted.

kingh99
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM

joke?

MrMeToo
12-12-2006, 08:48 PM

How many more seasons can you put up with Carr?

Goldeagle
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
How many more seasons can you put up with Carr?

What does my post have to do with Carr? Ummm?? I want an O-line pronto no matter who is back there. This is a TEAM sport, not everything is about hating on Carr.

nunusguy
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
"Morlon Greenwood has really come on, and the coaches like him, so he's here to stay. They need another outside linebacker who can make big plays."
Interesting comment by McClain. And I thought Orr was playing better than
Greenwood, even though Orr's a converted 4-3 DE, and then a converted 3-4 OLB to finally back to the 4-3 for his first year as LB in that defense.
I dunno, but does this mean we are now set with Ryans, Orr, & Greenwood as our starting LBs ?

Goldeagle
12-12-2006, 09:39 PM
"Morlon Greenwood has really come on, and the coaches like him, so he's here to stay. They need another outside linebacker who can make big plays."
Greenwood, even though Orr's a converted 4-3 DE, and then a converted 3-4 OLB to finally back to the 4-3 for his first year as LB in that defense.
I dunno, but does this mean we are now set with Ryans, Orr, & Greenwood as our starting LBs ?

I have not seen much from Greenwood, I saw Orr have one good game. Just another testament to Ryans having the season he is having.

vtech9
12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
did someone say that we needed to draft a punter??

I wonder where the punter from Baylor would go in the draft...He is the first and only punter to ever be a two-time winner of the award given to the best punter in college football. Ray Guy didn't even do that, and the award was even renamed for him.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 09:57 PM
There is not enough mention of Ray Guy on this board. He made punting cool. :snobord:

Goldeagle
12-12-2006, 09:59 PM
There is not enough mention of Ray Guy on this board. He made punting cool. :snobord:

*nods head in approval*

(I mentioned a punter for a joke).

Honoring Earl 34
12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Did'nt he hit the top of the Super Dome .

vtech9
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Did'nt he hit the top of the Super Dome .

Ray Guy did what everyone said he couldn't do...he hit the top of the Astrodome with one of his punts.

I've always hated the Raiders, but Ray Guy was awesome.

Ckw
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
A joke maybe, but the real joke is Chad Stanley. I can't stand this guy. Kris Brown is ok, but I think far too many times teams forget how important a good kicking team is. In many cases, your kicker is the guy that wins or loses a ball game. Brown is ok and can do for another year, but there is no doubt within the next few years we need a new kicker and punter. A good punter can also be an aid to the defense in not allowing the opposition good field position. I mean, are you going to tell me Shane Lechler was not valuable for the Raiders when we played them? I mean we had them deep near their own goal and Lechler boots the ball 62 yards down field. Talk about a momentum killer...

Honoring Earl 34
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Thats a little hang time there .

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Ray Guy did what everyone said he couldn't do...he hit the top of the Astrodome with one of his punts.

I've always hated the Raiders, but Ray Guy was awesome.

I once saw him at a Karaoke bar singing Fleetwood Mac's, "You Make Punting Fun." :snobord:

blockhead83
12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
I'd like that LT, Joe Thomas, out of Wisconsin with our first pick. If he's not there, Adrian Peterson sounds nice. If neither is there, BPA or trade down.

stingray
12-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I'd like to add that I do not want Adrian Peterson. Not because he isn't a good runner - he is. But he has injury issues, he just gets hurt too often. Putting him against harder hitting, bigger, stronger defenses in the NFL can't make it any better.

Many of you keep mentioning that A.D. has injury isues. He does not, he had only missed one game prior to this season. He broke his collarbone this year on a freak play. Other than that he's been healthy.

bah007
12-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Many of you keep mentioning that A.D. has injury isues. He does not, he had only missed one game prior to this season. He broke his collarbone this year on a freak play. Other than that he's been healthy.

He's never been healty.

He is always playing hurt. Either that or Stoops just says that to the media to make him sound even better than he is.

He is always hurt but it says a lot about his toughness that he plays through it.

Vinny
12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
If you rewind the last play of the Titan game, the only person on their ass during the passrush is Greenwood....VY ran right up Greenwood's gap as DeMeco was trying to jump around him to get to Young. That's just one play but I see Greenwood being talked up lately but I don't see all that much from him myself. The ONE place you don't want to be is on your ass....you can't make anything happen on the ground. I'd be shocked if Orr was our starting Sam backer next year

texaslifter
12-13-2006, 11:06 AM

He had a high ankle sprain that he played through and did not produce through his sophomore season. He broke his collar bone on a freak play in his junior season. I'm just curious, when the linebackers are 20 pounds bigger, 20% stronger, and noticeably faster - how will he hold up?

stingray
12-13-2006, 11:21 AM
He had a high ankle sprain that he played through and did not produce through his sophomore season. He broke his collar bone on a freak play in his junior season. I'm just curious, when the linebackers are 20 pounds bigger, 20% stronger, and noticeably faster - how will he hold up?

Not produce his sophomore year? Well, he averaged 5 yards a carry and he only missed one game. So that's not bad. And how about Joe Thomas, he blew out his Knee a couple of years ago and everyone wants to have his next newborn. My point is that people assume that A.D. has missed alot of time in his college career but in reality he hasn't.

texaslifter
12-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Not produce his sophomore year? Well, he averaged 5 yards a carry and he only missed one game. So that's not bad. And how about Joe Thomas, he blew out his Knee a couple of years ago and everyone wants to have his next newborn. My point is that people assume that A.D. has missed alot of time in his college career but in reality he hasn't.

He hasn't missed many games, but hes been injured more than hes been healthy.

I don't know much about Joe Thomas so I'm not on that bandwagon.

I'm on the bandwagon of Aaron Ross, Rufus Alexander and a RB to yet be determined as I watch more bowl games. Probably Kenny Irons though.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
12-13-2006, 11:51 AM
I know he's going to go to early but I'd love to see Steven Slayton RB Univ. of West VA in a texans uni.

HomeBred_Texan
12-13-2006, 11:55 AM

You can't argue a point with some of these people. They know everything about anything. I agree with you though. AD would be our best pick ever with a first round draft. With that said, continue on with the discussion...:hides:

We need allot of help and we are NOT going to get it all in 1 draft...

OzzO
12-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I know it was mentioned above, but I think some were off - so wanted to rehash what Johnny Mac noted as drafting (taking out the other fluff)

1st - *LT or RB
2nd or 3rd - QB to groom
later or in FA - defense: small quick DE, cover / hitting corner & safety

* or LT in free agency

I can dig it, I wonder the possibility of getting Damon here for a stop gap and if he would "fit" here.

..The Texans will have a new starting quarterback next season. He'll be a veteran like Jake Plummer or Damon Huard... I think they'll draft a quarterback Kubiak wants to develop in the second or third round to be groomed behind the veteran.

...I think they'll find a new starting left tackle in the draft or free agency. I think you'll have Chester Pitts at left guard, Fred Weary at center, Eric Winston at right guard and Charles Spencer at right tackle.

So, the No. 1 pick could be a left tackle or — drum roll, please — a running back like Adrian Peterson.... Say the Texans use their first pick on a left tackle. I'd have no problem with that. Quality backs come in other rounds, of course.

...Okay, let's see, we've fixed the offense: veteran quarterback while a rookie develops, a new left tackle and a productive back who can move the chains.
..Now, let's move to the defense:...I think I'd draft a super-quick, undersized end who played only on passing downs. When the ball is snapped, I'd tell him to forget the run, just get the quarterback.

...Ideally, the defense needs another cornerback who can hit and cover. They could use another safety who can hit, play the run and cover well enough. Where will they get these players? In the draft and free agency.

...Smith has done a good job signing players off the street to fill need positions. He can't be blamed for the problems that plague the team now, so he'll get a chance to put his stamp on the organization after the season.

oh, and good find Mojo.

eriadoc
12-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I'd really, really, really, really like to see the Texans draft a top-rated OT in the first round. I wanted Ferguson last year, I want the equivalent this year (Texans in hell want ice water, too). Barring that, I'd say a CB. Those two positions are less likely to emerge from the lower rounds of the draft. You see QBs, running backs, safeties, guards, defensive tackles, receivers, tight ends, etc. all emerge from the later rounds of the draft on a regular basis. The three positions that most teams rate highest in the first round are OT, CB, and DE.

eriadoc
12-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Now, let's move to the defense:...I think I'd draft a super-quick, undersized end who played only on passing downs. When the ball is snapped, I'd tell him to forget the run, just get the quarterback.

Isn't that what Peek was supposed to be in a 4-3?

Trenches
12-13-2006, 01:20 PM
I know he's going to go to early but I'd love to see Steven Slayton RB Univ. of West VA in a texans uni.

he's a soph so he cant come out yet (I think). I know McFadden at Ark is a soph and cant come out until next year. Both could be top 5 picks next year. the question is: Will WE be picking in the top 5 next year? My guess is yes.

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Isn't that what Peek was supposed to be in a 4-3?

He is when his knee, hammy , shoulder , ankle , and thigh are OK .

Him and Mathis are having a least games played competition .

hollywood_texan
12-13-2006, 01:50 PM

Are you serious?

Teams carry about 10 offensive lineman on their roster.

With your draft strategy, we wouldn't have any vets on the roster.

But, I think your point is protecting Carr. Personally, I think Carr is junk, but if you are going to keep him, you gotta get some offensive lineman this season and make him stand in the pocket and stop all these excuses. It really is getting tiresome.

kingh99
12-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Are you serious?

Teams carry about 10 offensive lineman on their roster.

With your draft strategy, we wouldn't have any vets on the roster.

But, I think your point is protecting Carr. Personally, I think Carr is junk, but if you are going to keep him, you gotta get some offensive lineman this season and make him stand in the pocket and stop all these excuses. It really is getting tiresome.

Golden Eagle is Roger Carr. Has to be. He's the only guy left in Dave's corner.

HomeBred_Texan
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Golden Eagle is Roger Carr. Has to be. He's the only guy left in Dave's corner.

No he's not...

Like I have said before, until we get a franchise running back, we will never have an offense that makes everyone happy.

Kind of reminds me of the old Oilers until the day they drafted Earl C. We didn't have a QB then worth a dang until we got him and then all of a sudden, we had an offense...

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2006, 02:03 PM
The Oilers also had a border line HOF OT in Leon Gray .

Dante's job was handoff to Earl and date Farrah Fawcett ... oh yeah and sometimes hit Kenny Borrouhs deep .

Texan_Bill
12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
The Oilers also had a border line HOF OT in Leon Gray .

Dante's job was handoff to Earl and date Farrah Fawcett ... oh yeah and sometimes hit Kenny Borrouhs deep .

Geeeez. I had forgotten the Farrah Fawcett thing....

Also on that Oilers line was - Carl Mauck and John Schuhmacher (not HOF ers) but more than servicable.

Vinny
12-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Geeeez. I had forgotten the Farrah Fawcett thing....

Also on that Oilers line was - Carl Mauck and John Schuhmacher (not HOF ers) but more than servicable.I work for Carl Mauck's daughter Chrissy Mauck over at the 49er.com site. Super sweet lady.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I work for Carl Mauck's daughter Chrissy Mauck over at the 49er.com site. Super sweet lady.

Very cool... I do hope she looks like her mom and not Carl..... LOL...

jerek
12-13-2006, 02:56 PM
If you rewind the last play of the Titan game, the only person on their ass during the passrush is Greenwood....VY ran right up Greenwood's gap as DeMeco was trying to jump around him to get to Young. That's just one play but I see Greenwood being talked up lately but I don't see all that much from him myself. The ONE place you don't want to be is on your ass....you can't make anything happen on the ground. I'd be shocked if Orr was our starting Sam backer next year

In fairness I haven't gotten to really watch a lot of our games this year -- been on the road a lot or haven't paid close attention or reviewed tape the way I used to -- but Greenwood has yet to impress me. He's weak in coverage and frequently gets taken out of run plays. His only real skill IMO is as a blitzer. Both Greenwood and Orr are probable to be replaced next year.

t_flare
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
if they cut Carr.. he's going to Chicago and Carr will show you what he can do with a offensive line

The Dream
12-13-2006, 03:47 PM
we need to draft a difference maker with our first pick (either QB or RB)

El Tejano
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM

And that freak play happened 70 something yards later.

SESupergenius
12-13-2006, 04:14 PM
if they cut Carr.. he's going to Chicago and Carr will show you what he can do with a offensive line
At this point with all the Vince Young fans invading the stadium 2 times a year, the Houston area Vince Young loving media covering the Texans and the radio shows calling for Carrs head, it's a no brainer that he should move on and get a shot at being successful somewhere else. They are just not going to let up on not taking the area favorite for the QB job of the Texans no matter what Carr and his teammate do. Sucks that the Texans had to lose like that but nothing short of Carr leaving will eleviate the pain VY lovers feel for not selecting him. From a marketing standpoint the Texans made a major mistake in not selecting Young and picking up the contract bonus of Carr. Outside of Texas and Longhorn fans most people don't care for Young, but Texas is big and so is the following of the Longhorns.

eriadoc
12-13-2006, 04:29 PM
It would be kind of cool to see Carr go to Jacksonville. They need a QB, he'd have a good defense, running game, and at least average O-line play, so we'd all get to see how well he does. We'd also see him twice a year and since the Texans own the Jags, we'd still win those games :)

Win-win situation!

santo
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
It would be kind of cool to see Carr go to Jacksonville. They need a QB, he'd have a good defense, running game, and at least average O-line play, so we'd all get to see how well he does. We'd also see him twice a year and since the Texans own the Jags, we'd still win those games :)

Win-win situation!

Maybe that is why he does so well against Jacksonville. He wants to impress them so that he can be traded over there...:shades: :stirpot:

TexansLucky13
12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
A franchise Offensive Lineman is a difference maker.

Unfortunately some people only measure how good a player is by how often he gets on ESPN.

A good offensive lineman is the one who never gets his name called. They are the most underrated position in the league. Offensive lineman are the most intelligent players on the field.

I for one think we should remember the days of the terrible O-line so that once everything gels, we will never take for granted the fact that our QB will be able to stand upright for 7 seconds.

Wolf
12-13-2006, 07:54 PM
oh wait !!! if we get an OL and still have a 4-12 record everyone on here will be talking about how if we had Quinn, we'd be in the playoffs..... we can't go ugly :sarcasm:

aj.
12-13-2006, 08:13 PM

That would be highly impossible.

What he hit was the gondola that used to hang from the roof of the Dome over the center of the field back in the old days. I think they removed that thing back in the late 70's or early 80's.

krull
12-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I doubt Carr does anything no matter where he goes. He might have a good year, but he'll never be the qb he was drafted to be

aj.
12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I remember Strawberry putting one in the upper deck just outside of the foul pole in the '86 series with the Mets (off Nolan) ....a 2-1 game I think.... It was Mike Schmidt that hit a speaker.

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Mike Schmitt ... hit a speaker in the dome .

Wolf
12-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I doubt Carr does anything no matter where he goes. He might have a good year, but he'll never be the qb he was drafted to be

depends on the definition of what he was drafted for

Wolf
12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
what I am getting at with this is everyone is drafted why?

to get to the super bowl.. Marino passed his tail off and no super bowl, Fouts passed his tail off, no super bowl.. Moon passed his tail off no super bowl.. dilfer ..Dilfer not drafted high, but got there, Tom Brady , not drafted high..been there multiple times.

It is a team effort and everyone is griping about Carrs contract,well that is McNair's decision.. come next time to renew the contract, if Carr isn't doing well.. it is adios.. or sign for less... that is it..

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
The first pick in the draft ... in theory is a no doubt pick .

Marino was in a Super Bowl against San Fran .

Dilfer was a top 10 pick in the entire draft .

Carr would be OK fr a 4th rd. pick

Wolf
12-13-2006, 08:39 PM
as a rookie and the dolphins spent the next 10+ years trying to get him back..

team game..

aj.
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't think it would be impossible. Improbable yes, but impossible no. .

The dome roof is more than 200 feet above the field. It never happened. He hit the gondola that was hanging from the roof back in the day.

Wolf
12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
The dome roof is more than 200 feet above the field. It never happened. He hit the gondola that was hanging from the roof.

geeze AJ.. and I hear reliant makes the Astrodome look like a practice field

wow

aj.
12-13-2006, 08:47 PM
A lot of people don't realize the playing surface in the Dome is 30 feet below ground level. The field at Reliant is at ground level. Unlike Reliant, the field level concourse at the dome is at ground level and you walk down to all the field level seats. The field level concourse at Reliant is 30 feet above ground.

That's why it's a little misleading when people are standing in the parking lot outside Reliant and looking at the Dome roof and saying "look how small" it is.

Sco-tai
12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Great blog by McClain. That O-Line he described sounds good to me. Get a strong LT via draft or free-agency Pitts-Weary-Winston-Spencer. Niiiiice

Honoring Earl 34
12-13-2006, 09:14 PM
as a rookie and the dolphins spent the next 10+ years trying to get him back..

team game..

I would say cold winters ... without looking I know Denver , and Buffalo went most of the time.

It was longer than 10 years also ... they never went back .

HOOK'EM
12-14-2006, 12:37 AM

Win-win situation!

Send him to Tampa Bay, that would be GREAT!

Janus3
12-14-2006, 04:59 AM
john mcclain is an ***** and will always remian an *****. he still can't pronounce dunta robinson's name correct. and lol if he thinks houston made a bad decision passing up KY based on 13 games. come back in 3 years when we're sure. i will say he is right in that KY fans are classless.

Janus3
12-14-2006, 05:01 AM

i agree, if carr leaves i really hope he succeeds so i can laugh at all these ignorant houston fans.