PDA

View Full Version : Things I'm tired of....

the flash
12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people talking about how stupid we are for not picking up VY or RB. I left the game on Sunday and the Titan/VY fan club members were walking around screaming that we should've picked VY and we are stupid for keeping Carr. It's like they think we (the Texan fans) voted for Mario Williams. SHUT UP ALREADY!!! The VY thing is over with and for the sake of this franchise and the REAL Texan fans we need to move on.

2. Also, David Carr does not suck as bad as some people on this forum say he does. He's just not a big playmaker and we probably will never get a chance to see his full potential because he has no protection. Unfortunately he doesn’t live up to his draft pick which makes him look worse. He is just not a fit for this team at this point in time. Many of us are quick to jump on him for not doing this or that but when you have no running game and no protection for passing what do you expect. If everyone remembers right he had one of the highest QB ratings at the beginning of the season.

3. If you want something to complain about complain about the play calling. We have 2 basic plays. 1)The Quick Slant pass (which we basically run on 1st and 2nd down, 2) the crappy short yardage runs (that we run on 3rd and long). Every once and awhile we have a nice play but that usually never happens. If this is not the time to pull some tricks out of the bag then I don’t know when is.

Double Barrel
12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people talking about how stupid we are for not picking up VY or RB.

yeah, it gets old, people live in the past, have 20/20 hindsight (like the media now switching from doggin' us for passing Bush to doggin' us for passing Young), and there is nothing we can do to change what is.

But people are venting out of frustration, and that is their rights as fans. It is born out of passion and caring for the team, and it's part of the 'dealing with it' process.

2. Also, David Carr does not suck as bad as some people on this forum say he does. He's just not a big playmaker and we probably will never get a chance to see his full potential because he has no protection.

3. If you want something to complain about complain about the play calling. We have 2 basic plays.

I think no. 3 might have something to do with no. 2.

powerfuldragon
12-12-2006, 01:02 PM
i'm tired of these boards they day after a loss. everyone thinks they've got some profound advice that's going to lead the texans to the superbowl.
we were a terrible team trying to rebuild. nobody said it'd happen overnight.

DenverBorn
12-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Im tired of posters saying you aren't a "true fan" if you even come close to criticizing the Texans. Please spare all of us this "true fan" cr*p

the wonger need food
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
losing

Khari
12-12-2006, 01:50 PM
i'm tired of vinny asking for avatars and then losing them :spy:

Vinny
12-12-2006, 01:52 PM
i'm tired of vinny asking for avatars and then losing them :spy:
I forgot to save it...so shoot me.

Khari
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
I forgot to save it...so shoot me.

pick which one :ok:

powerfuldragon
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
bicker, bicker, bicker.

bravesoul1999
12-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Reggie Reggie

shinerbock_girl
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Guess i'm more tired of the unrealistic expectations fans have had...Tired of the blaming Carr threads...This team faced alot of injuries and had to rely almost soley on Rookies..So what do ppl expect??? Texans are being re-built from the ground up...At least give Kubiak time to restructure this team before everyone starts jumping ship...But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't want this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!

the flash
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't what this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!

You are right on the money texansgal8
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!:yahoo:

AggieTexanFan
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Kube needs to get some of his "players" on this team.

Look at the players he added through the draft, and then imagine 2-3 drafts now the line, it looks very promising

Also if your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round players are all starting when the seasons begans it means 3 things

1) They are great players

2) We had some horrible players on this team

3) 1 & 2

johnboy
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Kube needs to get some of his "players" on this team.

Look at the players he added through the draft, and then imagine 2-3 drafts now the line, it looks very promising

Also if your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round players are all starting when the seasons begans it means 3 things

1) They are great players

2) We had some horrible players on this team

3) 1 & 2

I think its means four things he is playing his boys.The h*** with the Capers guys.

nativikee
12-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Im tired of the colts winning the division.

joedinkle
12-12-2006, 08:36 PM
But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't what this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!

NO!! lol. You can't have our damn team!!!!

TEXANS84
12-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Listening to Moulds on tonights radio show fully capped off the season for me. He sounded like a completely frustrated veteran that had high goals for this season, only to be let down by only having 3 passes thrown his way in the past two weeks.

He took the political way out tonight on the radio. But he's not happy at all. And he skipped around all of the Carr questions and rightfully so. I'm sure he can't speak his mind and let us know where due should be served.

bah007
12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Listening to Moulds on tonights radio show fully capped off the season for me. He sounded like a completely frustrated veteran that had high goals for this season, only to be let down by only having 3 passes thrown his way in the past two weeks.

He took the political way out tonight on the radio. But he's not happy at all. And he skipped around all of the Carr questions and rightfully so. I'm sure he can't speak his mind and let us know where due should be served.

A lot of people dont remember this but in his prime Moulds was Terrell Owens & Randy Moss before there was such a thing.

Maybe not to the extent that it is now, but he used to gripe just like every good WR and he griped a lot when the Bills were bad.

He is a veteran now and he knows better but I wouldnt be surprised if he let somethin slip out of his mouth.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
A lot of people dont remember this but in his prime Moulds was Terrell Owens & Randy Moss before there was such a thing.

Maybe not to the extent that it is now, but he used to gripe just like every good WR and he griped a lot when the Bills were bad.

He is a veteran now and he knows better but I wouldnt be surprised if he let somethin slip out of his mouth.

Just to put it in context - Moulds, TO and Keyshawn Johnson we all drafted in 1996. Youngin' Moss was drafted in 1998.

bah007
12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Just to put it in context - Moulds, TO and Keyshawn Johnson we all drafted in 1996. Youngin' Moss was drafted in 1998.

Moulds had that attitude before Moss got it and Kewshawn & TO took a few years to attain it also.

I'm not saying that Moulds was ever as bad as those guys but he definitely had the same problems.

Double Barrel
12-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I heard it in his voice, too. He was being very diplomatic, very careful how he phrased things. He mentioned the receivers are open, but the line has been banged up, the RBs have been in inconsistent with picking up the blitz and running game, and the QB is making mental mistakes.

It was sort of an equal blame thing, but there are multiple players on the line and backs, but only one person is the QB. That's what I felt from his general attitude.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-13-2006, 07:11 AM
...investing so much time, energy, and money into something that ends up depressing me nearly every weekend.

swoldier
12-13-2006, 07:25 AM
...Excuses, Excuses, Excuses oh and the dump off on 3rd and long or say the run play on 3rd and long. Oh and the dropped passes and the lack of leadership. Oh and the lack of vision and mental toughness. Oh and the play calling, and the Prevent Offense we go into when were ahead which PREVENTS US FROM WINNING!! I could go on forever... Heres to a good draft class in 07' and sticking with this team through thick and thin......it's just so frustrating well GO TEXANS!!!!:gotexans1 :gotexans1 :gotexans1

TEXANS84
12-13-2006, 08:02 AM
He was being very diplomatic, very careful how he phrased things. He mentioned the receivers are open, but the line has been banged up, the RBs have been in inconsistent with picking up the blitz and running game, and the QB is making mental mistakes.

Out of Moulds mouth: "Recievers are running around wide open"

cuppacoffee
12-13-2006, 08:15 AM
...investing so much time, energy, and money into something that ends up depressing me nearly every weekend.

It's depressing to me and I have $0 invested, just a few hours in the recliner.

If I was spending as much :money: as some of the posters here for psl's, tickets, parking, and team apparel..well..I can only imagine your frustrations.

I fear that Capers and Co. used up all our patience and we have none left for Kubiak. Then I remember the progress we were showing before all the injuries started showing up. Some of our current players weren't even on the roster during training camp.

I know that doesn't help our frustrations, but as of right now it is all we have.

I was appalled at the idiotic cartoon in Tuesdays chronic. (except for Cass.)

At this point in time Kubiak doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus.

He doesn't have the tools to win yet and his coaching instinct is to keep it close, protect his players, which many fans don't agree with.

We are not a good team yet, :secret:.. but it isn't Kubiaks fault.

If that makes me a :homer: ..then bring on the kool-aid.

:coffee:

San Antonio Texan
12-13-2006, 08:33 AM
The over/under for number of wins for this season was 5.5 for the Texans.

Looks like we are right on track for the expectations of the betting comunity.

We are a team on the rise. I am not concerned about the titans this year becuase as a team I feel we are going to leapfrog them in the next couple years.

Plus the titans are just one injury from the entire team losing their new found identity. (not hoping for an injury but I feel it will happen)

shinerbock_girl
12-13-2006, 08:34 AM
You are right on the money texansgal8
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!:yahoo:

Bring on the Texans to SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swoldier
12-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Or build a mega stadium halfway between San Antonio and Austin and get both crowds to show up.

The Texas Texans....how sweet would that be? :marionaner:

I hate you.....j/k They do that and ill put a JIHAD on all of you!!!:spy: :spy:

shinerbock_girl
12-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I hate you.....j/k They do that and ill put a JIHAD on all of you!!!:spy: :spy:

Hey we can dream can't we....

swoldier
12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Hey we can dream can't we....

Negative no dreaming allowed, you better secure that garbage Texan....:)

rodog
12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Well you better tell Al Michaels to "SHUT UP ALREADY!"
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0-zsdzuf74

"What in the hell did we do?"

swoldier
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Nah...Reliant's too nice to give up. We can wait until it's dilapidated and graffiti'd up before the move.

I'm tired of the whining about a football team. You think you got it bad, Texans fans? My house flooded because my washing machine was a piece of crap...and my kid brought some lice home from school. I'm tired of fumigating and washing everything and drying everything and doing it all over again and sucking water out of my carpet for hours and hours.

Your right my life is way better than yours.....j/k but what does that have to do with anything?

Meisterman
12-13-2006, 10:30 AM
this team being the most injury prone team in the NFL...at least it seems that way when the subs are scrubs.:hides:

Double Barrel
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Out of Moulds mouth: "Recievers are running around wide open"

It doesn't get much clearer than that statement.

We watched the routes on Sunday, and he's right. But Carr either doesn't look downfield or doesn't have the time, but we are leaving yards on the field every drive because of the sorry state of things back there.

How about........NO! :dontknowa

threetoedpete
12-13-2006, 11:07 AM
this team being the most injury prone team in the NFL...at least it seems that way when the subs are scrubs.:hides:

Yes I'm looking forward to All Day's tenure with the club. I'm waiting with baited breath. It's one thing to get bit by the injury bug. It's quite another to spend a day one pick on one. I'm pumped . Can hardly wait. :bowser:

the flash
12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
San Antonio would be a great place to have a team. The fan base was fairly large for the Saints when they played in the Alamo Dome last year (I know that some of those fans were people from Louisianna). We were even going to embrace Red McCombs Vikings a couple of years back. We have great fans here and we need a NFL team.

TexansLucky13
12-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm tired of people doing this :crying: over spilled milk.

dtran04
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Currently at school in SA, you definitely notice the passion and spirit that they have for the Spurs. I can't quite say that Houston matches it (obviously the Spurs being good has part to do with it). They would make great fans.

TexansSeminole
12-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Currently at school in SA, you definitely notice the passion and spirit that they have for the Spurs. I can't quite say that Houston matches it (obviously the Spurs being good has part to do with it). They would make great fans.

I'll have that passion for the Rockets my whole life. Something about seeing your team win a championship. I was young but I remember it very well. 2nd row seating :yahoo:

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-13-2006, 02:48 PM
San Antonio would be a great place to have a team. The fan base was fairly large for the Saints when they played in the Alamo Dome last year (I know that some of those fans were people from Louisianna). We were even going to embrace Red McCombs Vikings a couple of years back. We have great fans here and we need a NFL team.

You need an NFL team, but as much as I complain about this one, you can't have it! I've gone too long without one, and too long waiting for this one to produce to give it up now.

Texan_Bill
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I'll have that passion for the Rockets my whole life. Something about seeing your team win a championship. I was young but I remember it very well. 2nd row seating :yahoo:

Wine and Cheeser!! :stirpot:

shinerbock_girl
12-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Well the I had to hand it to SA, the Alamodome was really rocking at the Saints games....Of course, what an embarrassment walking into the Alamodome, and then going to Reliant Stadium...lol...

rafterticket
12-13-2006, 04:51 PM
yeah, it gets old, people live in the past,

You mean like those people who found it appropriate to wear their Houston Oilers shirts last week? As if that meant they were supporting Houston football? Or people wearing UT Orange? Who did the Longhorns play last Sunday?

axman40
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
You mean like those people who found it appropriate to wear their Houston Oilers shirts last week? As if that meant they were supporting Houston football? Or people wearing UT Orange? Who did the Longhorns play last Sunday?
LSU in basketball @ the Toyota Center. Next ?

:marionaner:

shinerbock_girl
12-13-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm sick of all you Carr bashers. He's been beaten to **** and back for 4 years. Now, he shows some promise and all we hear you say is "TRADE HIM!" You'll whine and ***** when someone with an O Line gets him and does something, like protect him! Watch and see if Kubiak is stupid enough to let him go. All we'll see here is "Why did we trade Dave?"

Fickle bunch of whiners. Wait and see.

This says it all...:deadhorse And these same ppl complaining will also praise Carr to high Heaven when he does good...

whiskeyrbl
12-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people talking about how stupid we are for not picking up VY or RB. I left the game on Sunday and the Titan/VY fan club members were walking around screaming that we should've picked VY and we are stupid for keeping Carr. It's like they think we (the Texan fans) voted for Mario Williams. SHUT UP ALREADY!!! The VY thing is over with and for the sake of this franchise and the REAL Texan fans we need to move on.

2. Also, David Carr does not suck as bad as some people on this forum say he does. He's just not a big playmaker and we probably will never get a chance to see his full potential because he has no protection. Unfortunately he doesn’t live up to his draft pick which makes him look worse. He is just not a fit for this team at this point in time. Many of us are quick to jump on him for not doing this or that but when you have no running game and no protection for passing what do you expect. If everyone remembers right he had one of the highest QB ratings at the beginning of the season.

3. If you want something to complain about complain about the play calling. We have 2 basic plays. 1)The Quick Slant pass (which we basically run on 1st and 2nd down, 2) the crappy short yardage runs (that we run on 3rd and long). Every once and awhile we have a nice play but that usually never happens. If this is not the time to pull some tricks out of the bag then I don’t know when is.

Sounds strangely familiar to last year and then year before and..... ahh you get the idea

Texan1
12-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys........

yardage runs (that we run on 3rd and long). Every once and awhile we have a nice play but that usually never happens. If this is not the time to pull some tricks out of the bag then I don’t know when is.

Your right. For now on I'll just complain about your lame posts.

bad
12-13-2006, 10:42 PM
1. Losing.

2. David Carr threads. Pro or con...just sick of it.

3. ESPN's constant reminders of what buffoons we are.

4. Run plays on 3rd and long.

5. People who spell "lose"..."loose".

6. Looking forward to the draft and it's only December.

7. ...waiting, ti-i-red of wa-a-iting for you-uuu...

9. The number 8.

10. Top Ten lists.

12-13-2006, 10:47 PM
honestly? losing.

SLO Texan
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
1. Losing.

2. David Carr threads. Pro or con...just sick of it.

3. ESPN's constant reminders of what buffoons we are.

4. Run plays on 3rd and long.

5. People who spell "lose"..."loose".

6. Looking forward to the draft and it's only December.

7. ...waiting, ti-i-red of wa-a-iting for you-uuu...

9. The number 8.

10. Top Ten lists.

Me too!! Could'nt have thought of a better one....

I would just like to add DUMP OFF PASSES TO THE RB.

rafterticket
12-14-2006, 11:57 AM
LSU in basketball @ the Toyota Center. Next ?

:marionaner:

I guess they came to the wrong building, huh?

canadiantexan
12-14-2006, 12:08 PM

Or we could make everyone happy and move them to Toronto.:yahoo:

O.K. by everyone I pretty much meant just me....and maybe Cris Bosh.

eriadoc
12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people

Yeah, me too ;)