PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football

moses77550
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Why do the Texans never play on Monday night football?I have just always wondered that...the cardinals played for christ sakes and I think we are better than the cardinals....If anyone knows hit me back

Rightnow
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
The Cardinals played because they looked on paper like they should be better and Matt Leinart was drafted. We will have to have two decent, winning seasons or one totally spectacular one to get on Monday night.

Don't hold your breath. It will be a couple of years at least.

ImSoTexas
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM
Because they suck...None wants to watch the Texans play outside of Houston. Its about ratings

moses77550
12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Thats what I thought....it just sucks that we have to watch the same teams week in and week out on Monday nights or sunday nights...

powerfuldragon
12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Because they suck...None wants to watch the Texans play outside of Houston. Its about ratings
truth.

hollywood_texan
12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Why do the Texans never play on Monday night football?I have just always wondered that...the cardinals played for christ sakes and I think we are better than the cardinals....If anyone knows hit me back

Cardinals built a new stadium that went on display.

That stadium is hosting the National Championship and Super Bowl soon.

Texans will not be on Monday Night Football for a long time, if ever, for obvious reasons.

Sportsfan
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM

There's that magic word right there- RATINGS

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-12-2006, 01:11 PM
The same reason the Titans haven't had a primetime game since 2004. Both teams suck.

El Tejano
12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
But yall don't suck. Ya'll have Vince.

TheCD
12-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Cardinals built a new stadium that went on display.

That stadium is hosting the National Championship and Super Bowl soon.

Texans will not be on Monday Night Football for a long time, if ever, for obvious reasons.

I agree with this entirely. It is about ratings.

The truth of the matter is, had we taken Bush...we'd be in the Saints' primetime lineup this year.

TheOgre
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
We have no "face of the franchise". When people think of the Texans all they think of are who we don't have.

HOU-TEX
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm actually glad we haven't played on Monday night. Every nationally televised game we've played in we've been throttled severly. When we put together a couple good seasons we'd have a better chance. Until we can play consistant football, let's stick with Sundays at noon.:)

TexansSeminole
12-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Only reason I'd want to see Texans in Monday Night Football would be because I cannot regularly get Texans games on TV where I live.

Other than that I dont wan't to give people more reason to hate on the team.

fhlh
12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
The same reason the Titans haven't had a primetime game since 2004. Both teams suck.

Mark my words... Titans will have a Sunday Night and a Monday Night in 07.... all because of Vince.

Way to pass up on that Gold Mine, FO

ThaShark316
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Who wants to bet me that NO @ HOU next year is a monday night game?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM

I'll take that bet. It might be a Sunday or Thursday nighter though.

Second Honeymoon
12-12-2006, 04:03 PM

That is a possibility just so ESPN can line up and whack the Texans organization for being so inept...but I still doubt it happens.

We don't deserve MNF or even SNF. Until the organization pulls its collective head out of its arse, we don't deserve anything other than more years of bad and embarassing football for us Texans fans.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
The vast majority of your Monday night teams are last years' playoff teams and marginal teams in huge tv markets like the Giants, Jets, and Bears.

I think ESPN figured they would get huge ratings from southern California with Matt Leinart and the Cardinals.

Oh, and the cowgirls always play at least one Monday night because half-whits everywhere love the cowgirls.

dtran04
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
With the flex scheduling, I doubt we see too many bad teams on a national spotlight.

ThaShark316
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
monday night games are cemented, its the games on sunday that aren't.

TheOgre
12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll take that bet. It might be a Sunday or Thursday nighter though.

What people fail to realize is that the Sunday Night matchups are the platinum ones and the Monday Night ones are the gold ones now. It is harder to get on SNF than MNF.