PDA

View Full Version : Wow @ the Tennessee Titans

gtexan02
12-12-2006, 11:17 AM
THIS IS NOT A VY THREAD. Please don't turn it into one.

I know they are our hated rivals and all, but heres something I want to mention:

They went from WAY over the salary cap, to a rebuilding team, to the 3rd pick in the draft, to losing their pro bowl starting QB. And where are they now?

At 6-7, having won 6 or their last 8, and with the most difficult schedule played in the NFL so far according to this post: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31261&page=4

As much as I hate them, you have to respect the coaching + GM-ship they've put together there

TNTitan
12-12-2006, 07:48 PM
and 40 million under the cap next year as well :)

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
1/2 Vince Young
1/2 Coaching/Management

thunderkyss
12-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Add the Saints, & the Jets to that list.

After the draft, I honestly thought our team was in better shape than those teams. & while they look respectable... every news pundit in America can say, "I told you so".....

right or wrong. they can say it, and would have a pretty decent list of arguments to make.

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Thunderkyss, are you a Titans fan now? Or just a VY fan?

nativikee
12-12-2006, 08:48 PM
:yahoo:

thunderkyss
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Thunderkyss, are you a Titans fan now? Or just a VY fan?

Neither.... I'm a Texan.

& I lost a bet.

opus74
12-12-2006, 10:29 PM
And two months ago the ***** fans were screaming to fire Fisher, Reese, Chow - the whole crew. There's even a firecoachfisher.com website but it's kind of quiet right now, lol.

Oh, and there was a chorus of "Vince Young is a bust" and "We should have drafted Cutler."
Winning (or losing) changes everything.

kastofsna
12-13-2006, 09:35 AM
it doesn't hurt to have a helluva running game.

Mayor_McCheese
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
and 40 million under the cap next year as well :)

And 11 picks in the upcoming draft

dtran04
12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
And 11 picks in the upcoming draft

Which means they'll use them to trade up for people they want. I doubt teams want 11 rookies to sign and hold on the team. If they do, that means alot of people are being cut.

doughboy
12-13-2006, 05:51 PM
It wasn't that good before VY started....teams have to account for him now and it loosens up the defense. They have the same blockers and same backs as before.

Chris brown started the first four games Travis came in when Vince did. Our offensive line is probally in the top ten in the NFL and we probally have the best young RT and LT combo in the NFL with David stewert and Micheal Roos (not to metion the BEST center in the NFL) which is proof if you can build a good O-LINE you can have a Good . I Give all the credit to the O-LINE.

Zach Piller was taken out of the line up and Jacob bell moved to RG his normal position.

jlam
12-13-2006, 06:08 PM
And two months ago the ***** fans were screaming to fire Fisher, Reese, Chow - the whole crew. There's even a firecoachfisher.com website but it's kind of quiet right now, lol.

Don't worry, people pay for these domain names way way in advance and sit on them in hopes that a controversy will eventually arise and they will be able to sell the rights to the name to someone willing to pay for it.

Case in point, you wouldn't think there would be much coaching controversy going on in N.O. right now, but here it is. http://www.fireseanpayton.com

kastofsna
12-14-2006, 08:55 AM
It wasn't that good before VY started....teams have to account for him now and it loosens up the defense. They have the same blockers and same backs as before.
yup.