PDA

View Full Version : Houston, stand up for David Carr and the Texans.

gsus8091
12-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm unbelievably tired about hearing how the Texans should have done this and should have done that. Well you know what? The Texans passed on Reggie Bush and they passed on all world Vince Young. So what. Get over it. Just because they passed on those two, means your not going to root for the Texans anymore, thats bogus. The fans who hate the Texans because they passed on Young and Bush act like they are never goiung to forgive the front office and will never get behind the Texans again. Maybe you don't remember what it was like without pro football in Houston. And by the way we do have a badass to root for, and his name is Mario Williams. I am sick and tired of the wining and complaining. David Carr is good, period. He has never been put in a situation where he can succeed, NEVER! And somehow thats his fault right? Does Carr make the teams personal moves and does he make the draft picks? Was it David Carr who took Travis Johnson and not Alex Barron, was it Carr who took worthless Jason Babin and not Kevin Jones or Julius Jones when everybody and thier mother knew Dominik Davis had terrible injury problems? Oh, I guess it was his fault that a team that plays in whats called a big market didn't go out and get major free agents, such as Will Witherspoon, Julian Peterson, Ken Lucas, Mark Wahl, Marco Rivera, and Chris Hope? No, thats right, instead the Texans front office goes out and spends draft picks and trades on guys like Phillip Buchanon, and taking guys like Tony Hollings and Milford Brown in the supplemental draft, and signing guys like Morlon Greenwood. Also the Dom Capers era completely crushed this team. Capers dug a whole so deep that maybe, just maybe Kubiak might not have enough time to help dig this team out of it. But yeah, all of the blame should be put on Carr, right? Carr can't be blamed for being sacked a record 1 trillion times in the past 5 years. Lets face it, when every o-lineman was healthy this year it was the first time that David Carr didn't spend more time on his back than $3 hooker. And if you've been following Carr's progression this year he's finally back on the right track. I mean its like he took a 2 year highatus from developing, and was practicing on how to get killed by opposing defensive units, and now he's back. For everybody out there who's bitter and sour about David Carr, and not taking Reggie, and passing on hometown hero Vince Young your going to have to get over it, and get over it fast or your going to be sick for a long time.

What kind of Texan pride is it when a the opposing teams QB has more fans in the stands than the honeteams. You know, maybe the Philly fans are completely crazy and obnoxious, but they don't care who the opponent is or where he's from, they hate him and bleed black and green. Even when they Eagles fans booed McNabb when he was drafted, as soon as Donovan took the field they praised him, and supported him no matter who came to town and played him and Philly. Maybe we should take a page out of the Eagle fans playbook on how to be die hard Texan fan. Because what I saw on Sunday(12/10/06) was a disgrace. Somehow I have a hard time thinking that all fans act this way. I have to believe that there are some fans out there that backup Carr, and backup Mario Williams. And for those fans out there make your opionons heard. Make some damn noise, the same way the disgruntled fans are making. Its high time for somebody to take a stand and say "you know what, screw you, I'm a true Texan fan and I love our boys and they are the only team I'm go crazy for. Thats including David Carr, and I'll root for Mario till I'm blue in the face. And for you haters out there, get out the way." I can't tell you how frustrating it is to hear on the radio and TV on how the Texans messed up, and the fans aren't happy and they not going to pay for a 2nd rate product. Like I said before, maybe you don't remember whats it like not to have a team, but I do. This is an expantion team, do any of you know what that means? Expantion teams are supposed to suck, not just for a while but for a long time. Look how long its taken for Jacksonville to become a yearly contender, ten + years. What about Carolina? Well, they've sucked for the majority of ten years. It takes time and it takes good scouting of college prospects, it takes good and smart development of the younger players. Can you imagine Jake Delhomme, Jake Plummer, David Garrard, John Kitna, Kurt Warner, J.P. Losman, Jason Campbell, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Aaron Brooks, Brad Johnson, Rex Grossman, Byron Leftwich, Daunte Culpepper, Charlie Frye, and Chad Pennington in a Texan uniform. I mean, come on? Those guys are terrible and you guys complain about David Carr and you know what, he is the real deal and its time for the organization, the city, and especially the fans to follow the players example and get behind the warrior David Carr. Thats right, I said "warrior." Even If you so called fans are too blind to see a very good QB he'll always have a supporter in me.

gtexan02
12-12-2006, 11:08 AM
#1) Paragraphs

#2) I didn't read the whole post, but here is my response to your title: We've showed good faith for 4 years. Almost everyone agreed after the first few games that Carr was on the right track. Over the past 7 games, we've seen him steadily regress. He has thrown 1 TD in that period. 1. No matter how good he might be, he CANNOT succeed in Houston. The town hates him, he doesn't trust himself, the team doesn't trust him, and the coach doesn't trust him. He needs to do a Joey Harrington move in order to turn things around

Yokohama Texan
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
No, you get over it!! CARR SUCKS!!! I am a TEXAN fan and this team is the laughing stock in the NFL. CARR is finished with this team. I am in the military and I am stationed in Hawaii. EVERYDAY I go to work my friends are always telling me how stupid my team is. I try to defend them but when it comes to carr I know exactly how crappy he is. He is not a leader. This is just a complete JOKE!!

gsus8091
12-12-2006, 11:28 AM
dude no matter what you stick up for your team, just look at cub fans, and red sox fans, no matter what you stick up for your team, thats the definition of blind faith and no matter what i'll defend the texans because i love them, i'll root for mario, carr, ryans, all of them, period.

austintexanite
12-12-2006, 11:33 AM
the babin pick, i didn't understand (and still don't)...travis johnson was picked over Derrick Johnson, which still gets under my skin, but i continue to support the texans.

joedinkle
12-12-2006, 11:50 AM
dude no matter what you stick up for your team, just look at cub fans, and red sox fans, no matter what you stick up for your team, thats the definition of blind faith and no matter what i'll defend the texans because i love them, i'll root for mario, carr, ryans, all of them, period.

Amen. times are tough, and probably will before a while. I do it for the love of the city, the team, and the ability to say I always supported them when they make it, cuz they're gonna make it.

CarrIsFine
12-12-2006, 12:56 PM
No, you get over it!! CARR SUCKS!!! I am a TEXAN fan and this team is the laughing stock in the NFL. CARR is finished with this team. I am in the military and I am stationed in Hawaii. EVERYDAY I go to work my friends are always telling me how stupid my team is. I try to defend them but when it comes to carr I know exactly how crappy he is. He is not a leader. This is just a complete JOKE!!

You got it half right, the TEAM sucks. If you or any of the Carr crybabies would take the time to look at the offense as a whole and listen to a little of what Kubiak says maybe you would have a clue. Ok, I'll do it for you:

Kubiak:and to go out there and have some of your players such as (WR) Andre (Johnson) and (LT) Ephraim (Salaam) make mistakes right there it tells you they’re either overloaded for the game or we’re just not concentrating."

Kubiak:There’s a reason why we haven’t been doing much shotgun and I’ve got to keep that in-house until we fix it. But when your quarterback is getting pressured you’d love to move him back there, you’d love to give him more time from that standpoint the minute you go back there you are throwing the ball. We’ve got some things we’ve got to work out and we have been working on them and if we can get them fixed you may see us do it some more. If we don’t get it fixed then we’re not going to do it. That’s as far as I’ll go with that.”

Kubiak:We’re just not real clean and working together in our pass pro. Some of the things we’re doing we have got to get much better at

Kubiak:If we go out there and take a seven-step drop 20-25 times in the game and think we’re going to (WR) Andre (Johnson) 30 yards down the field and (WR) Eric (Moulds) 30 yards down the field, and that’s the way we’re going to play the game. I don’t think that’s fair to our team right now. It’s not a strength of our team right now. If we can keep our third downs manageable and keep (QB) David (Carr) in three and five-step drops, I think we have a chance to be effective.

All of these quotes point to piss poor pass protection and an inexperienced center. Keep criticizing Carr for throwing short, but Kubiak is calling the shots based on terrible pass protection. Run blocking is different than pass blocking and this group is clearly better at run blocking. When he says they can't go into shotgun, that is certainly not Carr's fault. What did you really expect this year? Anything more than 5 wins and you would be fooling yourself.

TheRealX9
12-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I live in corpus Christi. and i understand some of these guys negative points about the team. but how can you trash your team like that? I know things arent going well and maybe david isnt fit for the team but i always keep my faith in everyone. carr, AJ, dayne,lundy,owen,jerome,C.C., ryans,

Ps.when is domanic coming back:( ?

thunderkyss
12-12-2006, 01:09 PM

yeah... & look at the Chicago Bear fans(wanting another QB), or the Arizona fans(wanting another QB, and getting Lienart), and the Denver Bronco fans(wanting another QB, and getting Cuttler), and the Jacksonville Jaguar fans(wanting another QB, and getting Garrard), and the Cowboy fans(wanting another QB and getting Romo) & the Saints fans(wanting another QB, and getting Brees)...

stick up for your team.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Stand up for the other 52 Texans and the Texan fans by ditching Carr.

gtexan02
12-12-2006, 01:24 PM
You said it perfectly. Blind faith. Would you rather be an involved fan who actually cares about winning, or will you suport a team with your hard earned time and money no matter what bologna they put on the field?

Blind faith is not something I would be proud of in the world of sports.

Keyser Soze
12-12-2006, 01:28 PM
This is an expantion team, do any of you know what that means? Expantion teams are supposed to suck, not just for a while but for a long time.

1) It's expansion, not expantion.

2) Statistically, the team is off to one of the worst starts in professional football history.

srstex
12-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Nothing's going to change until the O line improves to the point that the QB
( whoever it is ) can take a 7 step drop sometime/anytime without getting hit on step 6.
This is a TEAM effort, look at the Colts, 9 & 0, now what, loose to the Jags, that we swept, 44 to, too little. Kubiak saw potential on offense and not on defense.

the wonger need food
12-12-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll stand up for the Texans, but I'm tired of making excuses for Carr. He has to go.

powerfuldragon
12-12-2006, 01:54 PM
The NFL will make sure the texans eventually succeed.

K.D.
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
I've been a Carr supporter, but I have to agree that this off-season has to bring in major changes. Kubiak has given Carr every oppurtunity to step up and be a leader and the guy doesn't want it. All the first-down gestures, clapping saying "let's go" is good but we need more at this point and time, like saying put the ball in my hands, instead of it's your call coach. That's where I think Kubiak know's that his star QB, doesn't have the confidence in himself or his team. Carr lost alot of people's faith in him with this recent scenario and it might have just gave him a ticket out of town.

As for the TEXANS as a team, I don't know no other team but the TEXANS, everything else is brown, smells, and seems to be scattered thru-out my back yard.

Honch Delgado
12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
The frustration with this team stems from bad free agent signings, really bad draft choices and horrible trades that set this organization back years. This team has made some awful personnel decisions over the years and the players haven't done anything to prove otherwise. Babin, Buchanan, TJ, Morency, Hollings, Gaffney, various O-linemen that never panned out, Greenwood, and those are just a few off the top of my head. David Carr STILL trying to improve and the debacle at #1 this year only compound that frustration. If anything this team has garnered more loyalty than it deserves. I was half expecting the crowd at Reliant to break out in "We Want Vince" cheers and booing the Texans. It didn't happen that way. The Titans and Vince got booed and the Texans were supported on defense and offense.

Mr. White
12-12-2006, 02:47 PM
The frustration with this team stems from bad free agent signings, really bad draft choices and horrible trades that set this organization back years. This team has made some awful personnel decisions over the years and the players haven't done anything to prove otherwise. Babin, Buchanan, TJ, Morency, Hollings, Gaffney, various O-linemen that never panned out, Greenwood, and those are just a few off the top of my head. David Carr STILL trying to improve and the debacle at #1 this year only compound that frustration. If anything this team has garnered more loyalty than it deserves. I was half expecting the crowd at Reliant to break out in "We Want Vince" cheers and booing the Texans. It didn't happen that way. The Titans and Vince got booed and the Texans were supported on defense and offense.

I wasn't at the game but I watched it on TV. CBS made it look like every fan there was wearing a #10 jersey either in Columbia Blue or Burnt Orange. They even showed some Oilers jerseys in the stands.

It sounded like the noise advantage went to the Texans fans. Vince had to cover up his earholes to keep the fan noise out so he could get the play from upstairs. Vince's fans didn't seem to get really loud until the end of the game.

I think most of the recent frustration comes from the fact that the team (and the fans) fought so hard and came up short.

The Dream
12-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Carr sucks..........a lot.

kingh99
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
RIIICOOOOOLAAA!

/waits

RIIICOOOOOOOOOOLLLLAAAAAAA
booms back.

Is that what you want for Reliant Stadium? Yodeling contests? Cuz thats what it's going to be good for these last two Sundays and all of next year unless David Carr is gonzo.

axman40
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
I always stand up for the Houston Texans ! The Houston Carrs not so much!

:stirpot:

Second Honeymoon
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I stand up for the Texans but Carr can go jump in a lake for all I care

HOU-TEX
12-12-2006, 05:28 PM
I stand up for the Texans but Carr can go jump in a lake for all I care

You know, your hated for Carr is somewhat overwhelming at times, but I will say your posts are sometimes quite humerous.:)

humbleone
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Obviously, many fans are so frustrated and unhappy with the Texans that they can barely express themselves in a rational manner. And, IMO there is an almost "mob mentality" now in Houston regarding Carr that is fed and encouraged by the local media.

So, on topic, I was proud of McNair and Kubiak for not giving into all the media hype and fan speak stuff earlier this year and I will respect and support whatever team they put on the field next year. I won't agree with all of the moves but they will be my team and I am darn glad Mr. McNair gave us one again and Coach K has us heading in the right direction.

I am proud of DC for many things and I for one don't care one bit what guys like Justice have to say about him...I care only about what Kubiak says about him.

Go Texans and Go DC...beat the Patriots!!! :marionaner:

Hulk75
12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I'll stand up for the Texans, but I'm tired of making excuses for Carr. He has to go.

Excuses or REALITY!

Is it hard to grasp that, this guy has not had a normal welcoming to the NFL.

Lets just look at it like this............Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Eli Manning, they get to fall butt backwards into franchises that are set and ready, Barber, Bettis, LT.........Gates, Defenses that are salty, they got WRs as soon as they got into the NFL, Vetran guys that can ball and OLineman that keep them standing up.............

This is the reality that is going on with Carr, he was the #1 pick to a team that was comprised of out of work NFL players, this IS were he started, 70+s times sacked, most sacked QB then any other player through 4 years, not counting hurries and scrambles something he did all game on Sunday..................

Reality, this is how this guy had to start out, he was not as lucky as some, he does have some great fan support that understand him though!:tease:

Its a fact no excuses, and his coaching was bad, just ride the wave man it is going to go our way, a lot of people around here think the world is going to end tomorrow.........RELAX half of you did not even think we would be at 4 wins right now, we should bring that THREAD back up............

I f we can get another draft like we did get a RIGHT TACKLE AND A STUD RUNNING BACK like all these other young "Great" QBs have we will be rolling next year.............I believe in the guy and the coaching staff and I am not going to stop or give up on any of them, ever, we will win a Super Bowl WITH David at QB and Kubiak as the coach.

bayshorebevo
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
If David throws for less than 400 yds and 3 td's a game (which is pretty hard to do much less with a primarily handoff & occasional dink & dunk game plan) people will be screaming even louder for his head. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Second Honeymoon
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
You know, your hatred for Carr is somewhat overwhelming at times, but I will say your posts are sometimes quite humerous.:)

bitter disappointment and complete frustration would better characterize my feelings on Carr but it can come across as hatred.

SESupergenius
12-12-2006, 07:24 PM
bitter disappointment and complete frustration would better characterize my feelings on Carr but it can come across as hatred.Did you still have hatred towards Carr when he tied up the game? just wondering. I was more PO'd at the defense for letting Young go right up the middle on a 3rd and long to win the game than anything Carr did or didn't do.

Second Honeymoon
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
A real QB drives for a score that takes the lead. Congrats to David on 2 passes over 10yards on that drive...then chokes, makes an unforgivable penalty, and we are forced to settle for field goal. Notice each time Vince scored late, THEY TOOK THE LEAD WITH THE SCORE.

Carr did just enough to lose. Congratulations Carr, you are truly consistent.....at losing football games. And nice job kneeling the ball and not demanding that you try for a win in regulation...but whatever blame that one on the coach too while you are at it...'its up to you coach'...what a loser.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Use paragraphs and more people will read your post....

CowboysTexansFan
12-13-2006, 07:38 PM
David Carr needs to stand up for HIMSELF with his PLAY ON THE FIELD. He has 3 more games to prove he can be a quality NFL quarterback. It's not enough that he can avoid turnovers and avoid dumb decisions, like trying to throw passes when he's past the line of scrimmage.

I've cut DC plenty of slack since he's been here, but now it's time for him to step up and prove he can be a quality NFL QB. He was the 1st pick in the draft and is making $8 million a year. It's not enough for him to be so-so.

Texan1
12-13-2006, 08:05 PM

Wow, your an angry man (or woman). Look, the fans have a right to complain - they pay the bills.

But, that being said, I don;t take issue with anything you said other than the 'we have our own stud to cheer for - Mario' comment. Insert Demeco instead of Mario and you'll start making sense

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-14-2006, 08:36 PM
It's more enjoyable and rewarding to stand-up and watch a winner - insert VY here.