PDA

View Full Version : It's everywhere, It's everywhere!

Sco-tai
12-11-2006, 01:47 PM
One thing that ALL of this negative publicity has reinforced to me is that the LAST thing we should do is to bash the team, front office, players, etc. WE ALL KNOW that ESPN, FOX and anyone with an "EXPERT" (*cough*cough*) opinion already has THE TEXANS pinned as DUMB & DUMBER. The last thing we need to do is to pile on.

I'm not saying "put on homer glasses" and ignore the fact that we have several areas of need. But there is absolutely no denying that this franchise is MUCH closer to being consistently competitive than we were 12 months ago. Period.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY...our players DO play hard for our coaching staff & fans...so that speaks volumes!

Someone in my office today said "Carr could play LIGHTS OUT for the rest of the year, and it still won't do any good. The franchise will go in a new direction next year." And he might be very right on this. But instead of focusing JUST on Carr.....or JUST on who we DID NOT draft in 2006, I think we could ALSO focus on some positive facts and enjoy the rest of the season for what it is. So, for one minute, let's NOT focus on the #1 pick of 2006 and look at the Team as a whole. It's PROFESSIONAL football in HOUSTON that has a young, improving team with :

An EXCELLENT core of WR's (2 Pro-Bowl Caliber)
An EXCELLENT ROOKIE TE (Pro-Bowl numbers only 13 games into his career)
A MONSTEROUS ROOKIE MLB (Pro-Bowl numbers only 13 games into his career)
An ELITE talent at KR (Pro-Bowler)
A Top 10 CB (that would be even better if he had some help around him)
A VERY PROMISING LT (Spencer) whom should recover 100%

AND....

A HEAD COACH known for developing QUARTERBACKS (even if 2007 sees us starting from scratch).

Again, focusing on shoulda/coulda/woulda is an exercise in futility...and quite frankly, the only franchises that do that, continue to repeat those mistakes because they're so OBSESSED with looking backwards, NOT where they're going.

Personally, I'm excited to see our TEXANS finish the year strong. We have 3 more weeks to Cheer our team. Let's not listen to "the EXPERTS" who have crowned us with the leagues DUNCE cap. Let's rally behind the positives, knowing the the off-season will address many of our areas of need.

:yes:

El Tejano
12-11-2006, 01:53 PM
We do not have two Pro Bowl Caliber receivers. We have one. Moulds used to be Pro Bowl but he isn't anymore. Has he helped yes however, as long as DC is the QB Moulds wont be getting alot of catches.

Yes DC is to blame for that because a year ago we stated that Gaffney and Bradford didn't open up anything. The same result is there with an even better receiver in Moulds.

Texansfan36
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Dude this was supposed to be a POSITIVE thread, no matter how bad things are going there is Always, and I repeat Always something to be positive about. We have a monster for a MLB, and our D is light years better than last year. We are actually putting up a challenge instead of getting completly blown out. We have 12 (I think?) people on IR, and we are still competitive. As hard as it seems to be it is always better to look at the bright side then dwelling on the bad. (I'm most likely going to get called a blind homer and flamed for that but who cares) This is a team that has had to REBUILD AGAIN almost from scratch, there are signs of a dominating Defense in the works, and our running game is actually decent. As I said in another thread the groundwork is being laid solid and the house will go up solid, with a few more drafts like this one, (superstars or no superstars) this team will be contenders for years to come.

done88
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
I made the same point to Rich on Sports radio 610. I said the national media beats us up enough I would like to hear about Texans players locally. He said it is his job to, bash the Texans, I mean give his opinion. Which is fine except he harps on it all the time. Therefore I would rather listen to 790 then continue to get beratted by Rich. We should all choose a different station.

Sco-tai
12-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm GLAD you got the point to this thread.

Apparently El Tejano did not.

I think I saw him in an "I HEART BUD" t-shirt yesterday. HAHHAH

Just kidding, senor.

ATX
12-11-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm not one to judge a draft 13 games into the season and say we made a bad choice. Mario and Demeco will be the core of our D for years to come and that's something to look forward to.