PDA

View Full Version : Try and look on the bright side for a moment

Sportsfan
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
We have Rick Smith. One of the most respected Personnel guys around among his peers. Go Google his bio or just read what is on HoustonTexans.com about him. He has an impressive resume.
He has a pretty strong track record w/drafts, free agency, and trades.
So if his past is any indication of his future, then our future roster potential looks pretty good.
I'm mad at the organization and hate it right now too just like most of you but lets hang in there and let these guys get us back on track and into the post season soon.

gtexan02
12-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Im sick of waiting.

houstonhurricane
12-11-2006, 11:36 AM
He has never been a GM before landing with the Texans, has he? He is a rookie along with Kubiak so it is way too early to be enthusiastic about his potential. That being said, the future of the franchise is in his hands and I hope that he is up to the task.

TransplantTexan1
12-11-2006, 11:39 AM
We have Rick Smith. One of the most respected GMs around among his peers. Go Google his bio or just read what is on HoustonTexans.com about him. He has an impressive resume.
He has a pretty strong track record w/drafts, free agency, and trades.
So if his past is any indication of his future, then our future roster potential looks pretty good.
I'm mad at the organization and hate it right now too just like most of you but lets hang in there and let these guys get us back on track and into the post season soon.

Two things about Smith that you like going in is:

a) He apparently has a very good feel for working the salary cap

b) He's not been responsible for any of the previous drafts (albeit last year's draft was very good overall).

c) It's kind of hard not to address a need the Texans have in next year's draft

Sportsfan
12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
He has never been a GM before landing with the Texans, has he? He is a rookie along with Kubiak so it is way too early to be enthusiastic about his potential. That being said, the future of the franchise is in his hands and I hope that he is up to the task.

No he hasn't but he's been around enough and has held enough positions to have the makings of an outstanding GM. Just read up on him a bit and you'll see. I changed the wording by the way since he hasn't been a GM, thanks for pointing it out.

And to the other dude, i'm sick of waiting too but it is what it is, we don't have a choice.

houstonhurricane
12-11-2006, 11:42 AM
No he hasn't but he's been around enough and has held enough positions to have the makings of an outstanding GM. Just read up on him a bit and you'll see.

Not disputing that, but that is the same "hope" that we have endured for the last five years. Instead of someone having the "makings" of becoming special, I would like it to come to fruition.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
All the Texans have to do in the first round next year is take the best player available. It doesn't matter what position he plays. We need another star at EVERY single position.

However, if they have lost faith in Carr, that has to be the priority (whether in FA or draft). Also, this offensive line has been, is, and will continue to be one of the worst in the NFL if they don't make some major moves this offseason.

Sportsfan
12-11-2006, 02:08 PM
All the Texans have to do in the first round next year is take the best player available. It doesn't matter what position he plays.

Hopefully that will happen this time w/Casserly not in the picture.

Texans34Life
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Im sick of waiting.

Ditto. 4+ years to be exact. :brickwall

TexanFanInCC
12-11-2006, 03:13 PM
theres a bright side? o yeah i see it now.

yet another top 5 draft pick. hopefully we can strike gold this time with the first pick and then continue to find more middle round gems like demeco.

valleytexfan
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Bright side? That would be Demeco Ryans.

Sportsfan
12-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah if this next draft is anything like the last one then the Texans will be in good shape for years to come.

Hulk75
12-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Im sick of waiting.

Then what do you call what your doing now.

Now Now Now! Sound like a baby.

tsip
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Then what do you call what your doing now.

Now Now Now! Sound like a baby.

...aren't you the one that is either sarcastic, brags about yourself, or puts someone down in everyone of your post?

rodog
12-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah if this next draft is anything like the last one then the Texans will be in good shape for years to come.

agree,!! D. Ryans stud

rodog
12-14-2006, 03:05 PM
here is my look on the bright side of things.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=32472