PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought, but

Texanfan4ever
12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
if we had drafted Vince, would he still be sitting on the bench behind David? One would think we wouldn't even know how good he is because he wouldn't have had the chance yet. Except a few times, like Sage.

gtexan02
12-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Sage is viewed by the FO as a career backup. If a team drafts a QB #3 or #1 overall, he is the QB of the future. He woul dhave had playing time by now if he had played here

Texanfan4ever
12-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I just remember everyone saying that he would sit out and learn for a year or so, and we needed someone ready to go now.

Showing ignorance, but could we have kept David and drafted Vince too?

thunderkyss
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage is viewed by the FO as a career backup. If a team drafts a QB #3 or #1 overall, he is the QB of the future. He woul dhave had playing time by now if he had played here

After hearing about Sage from Dolphin fans, and seeing him play, I doubt very seriously that he is thought of as a career backup....

He was brought in, IMHO because we needed someone behind David Carr who can help Carr (like a Veteran), who would understand his place is on the bench.

Can you imagine bringing in DrewBreew & telling him he's going to sit on the bench?? Ain't going to happen.

I can't think of anyone who would have taken the spot behind David, other than Joey Harrington.

Going into next year, we won't be able to attract a proven vet to sit on the bench...... maybe Warner, maybe Bledsoe, but only if we tell them they can "compete" for the job in training camp....... but you know that's not going to happen.