PDA

View Full Version : People..GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

prostock101
12-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm amazed at the people on this board who seem to think we should be in the playoffs this year. This is not a very good team yet and all of you knew that this is a rebuilding year with a new rookie coach. I figured if we won 6 games this year it would be a miracle and we still have a chance to do that.

So why do the majority of the people on this board freak out when we lose. I'm as tired as anyone watching the losses but this team does not have enough playmakers yet, we've lost 3 OL starters, 2 DT's, our featured RB and most of the year without our ProBowl returner.

I just don't see this team being competitive for a couple of years yet so, chill out, stop rehashing the draft to death, and give Kubiak and chance to bring in the players he needs.

TransplantTexan1
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm amazed at the people on this board who seem to think we should be in the playoffs this year. This is not a very good team yet and all of you knew that this is a rebuilding year with a new rookie coach. I figured if we won 6 games this year it would be a miracle and we still have a chance to do that.

So why do the majority of the people on this board freak out when we lose. I'm as tired as anyone watching the losses but this team does not have enough playmakers yet, we've lost 3 OL starters, 2 DT's, our featured RB and most of the year without our ProBowl returner.

I just don't see this team being competitive for a couple of years yet so, chill out, stop rehashing the draft to death, and give Kubiak and chance to bring in the players he needs.

The losses suck, that's true, and I agree that no one should've realistically expected better than 6-10 from this team this year. It is painfully true that the Texans need major help on the OL (still uncertain at LT--even with Spencer coming back next year--and the C, RG and RT spots are fairly weak as well, although Winston had his best game as a starter yesterday). We also need to upgrade safety, the opposite cornerback from Robinson, both outside linebackers and the defensive tackle position.

That's a lot of work. And it's time to go in a different direction at quarterback on top of all that.

So yeah, way too much work still. And just think, coming into this draft we needed a marquee DE (still) a true 4-3 MLB, a TE and some youth on the OL. We filled some holes but we still have a ton of others.

Hard as it is to say, the truth is that the Texans are starting 2002 all over, with a different coach and a new GM. The previous GM failed miserably at fielding quality talent. It's going to take a while to correct that.

CenTexNative
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM

You're being reasonable here. Are you sure you are on the right boards.....But I agree with you 99.99%

Texan_Bill
12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
The losses suck, that's true, and I agree that no one should've realistically expected better than 6-10 from this team this year. It is painfully true that the Texans need major help on the OL (still uncertain at LT--even with Spencer coming back next year--and the C, RG and RT spots are fairly weak as well, although Winston had his best game as a starter yesterday). We also need to upgrade safety, the opposite cornerback from Robinson, both outside linebackers and the defensive tackle position.

That's a lot of work. And it's time to go in a different direction at quarterback on top of all that.

So yeah, way too much work still. And just think, coming into this draft we needed a marquee DE (still) a true 4-3 MLB, a TE and some youth on the OL. We filled some holes but we still have a ton of others.

Hard as it is to say, the truth is that the Texans are starting 2002 all over, with a different coach and a new GM. The previous GM failed miserably at fielding quality talent. It's going to take a while to correct that.

Everything you and prostock said is true!

It sucks that we are basically starting over... BUT I won't jump ship... I will hang in there and be ready for our winner - which WILL come.

TEXANS84
12-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I'll never jump ship from MY team and MY love for the Texans.

We're going through an extremely rough time right now, and it's only going to feel that much better when we start winning, whether it be next year or 5 years down the road.

Its just hard right now. We're all fed up with the product that we put so much time and trust into. But for every downside, there has to be an upside in the future. When that day comes, it'll be fun.

The true fans will stick around and be able to enjoy it even more. Does anyone remember the pre- love ya blue days? They were horrible, almost similar to this. Then something happened and the city went electric. That day will come, but for now we just got to suck it up, voice our opinions, and hope. Heck, if the Chargers can do it, why can't we?

kfranco_utexas
12-11-2006, 11:29 AM
This is the problem..some of you guys expect too little all the time.

Ex. when you take an exam...do you go in wishing you pass with a 70 or do you aim for an "A"?:yes:

valleytexfan
12-11-2006, 11:30 AM

Fantastic post. Post of the week.

joedinkle
12-11-2006, 12:18 PM
People..GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!

You're exactly right. There are alot of bandwagon fans on this board, and all those who expected playoffs this year are crazy. But here's the thing. It's not so much that we lost yesterday. It's how we lost. A 39 yard TD run in OT by the guy that wanted us to draft him, and we passed up. THAT HURTS! Yes, people aren't being irrational, they're being emotional, which is very charectaristic of a fan. If you weren't SICK yestereday, if you're not SICK today, if you're not so upset about not just the loss, but the way in which we loss, CHECK YOUR FREAKIN' PULSE!

EDIT: And by the way, I'm riding the Houston Texans train til' the wheels FALL OFF!!!

Texansfan36
12-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Great post. Yea this year might as well be 2002 all-over again. How C&C even have jobs is beyond me. Things are looking up. (well at least they are from last year :shades: )

TexanFanInCC
12-11-2006, 01:00 PM
i didnt expect playoffs, but i expected drastic improvement. I havent seen it yet. all i see is 3/5 of the offensive line that has been here for 5 yrs being the scapegoat for carr's inability to make enough plays down the field to keep defenses from stacking 8-9 in the box and blitzing on every down.

prostock101
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
This is the problem..some of you guys expect too little all the time.

Ex. when you take an exam...do you go in wishing you pass with a 70 or do you aim for an "A"?:yes:

This year, I'd be extremely happy with a 70. Two years from now, you bet I'll be wanting B's and A's. I'm as frustrated as anyone with the losses, but you have to be realistic. Offensively, we only had 3 real playmakers (DD, AJ, RM) on this team to start the season and we lost two before preseason. You just don't run and ad in the Chronicle and replace those guys. The OL has lost 3 starters including Spencer,which most believe is going to be a real stud at LT and, we have another rookie starting at RT.

Honestly, I'm just sick of the hate mail on this board. Winning and losing in this league is such a fine line. Look at all the talent in Dallas and NO kicked the crap out them. Seattle has loads of talent and a Super Bowl appearance and last place Arizona beat them. Demeco missed tripping up VY by inches on that last run. Had he got him, maybe a different outcome.

Just goes to show you that one or two players on a team and one or two plays in game can make the difference on which side of that fine line you're on.....