PDA

View Full Version : Here's Why We Quit Running The Ball....

the wonger need food
12-11-2006, 09:07 AM
The Texans ran the ball effectively throughout the game, we all saw that. At some point during the game you should have noticed that they basically stopped trying to run and were depending on Carr to lead them down the field. We know the outcome... he failed like he normally does.

My point is that yesterday was part of Carr's final exam. Kubiak understands we're not going anywhere with our current personnel and he is testing everyone on the field to determine if they are going to be kept next season. This is especially true for Carr. Dinkin' Dave has 3 more games to prove himself, but I don't believe he can do enough to make up for his previous failures this season. Or his previous 4 seasons.

I fully expect Kubiak to walk into Bob McNair's office at the end of this season and demand that he lets him find a leader for his team.

Texansfan36
12-11-2006, 09:11 AM
With every ounce of humanity left in me I hope that you are right.

real
12-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Im not going to speculate on when or whether or not Carr is or isn't going to be gone, but this is Kubes first HC job, and if he botched this one he knows he probably will be hard pressed trying to be a HC again....

If he thinks Carr is hurting this team he is not going to tolerate it....period

Rightnow
12-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't think Carr is gone at the end of this season because our options aren't good this draft. There is nobody like Vince Young or Matt Leinart coming out this year, even the guy that won the Heisman isn't all that. So our options are to draft someone like Kolb and develop him, which means Carr or Sage starts, bring in someone Jake Plummer or Byron Leftwich, or... that's about it.

Even if we do draft a new QB, I don't think we should start him until the O-line is in better shape and the rest of the team is better as well. We don't need to let another QB be a human pinata.

I expect to see Carr back next year, or an outside chance we bring in Jake the Snake. Either way it is about the same.

thunderkyss
12-11-2006, 09:21 AM
For all we know, Carr is right on track with where Kubiak expected him to be at this point in the season, considering where he was when he got him.

After all, they took the three year option.

real
12-11-2006, 09:22 AM
For all we know, Carr is right on track with where Kubiak expected him to be at this point in the season, considering where he was when he got him.

After all, they took the three year option.

Do you believe the very words that you're typing ?

the wonger need food
12-11-2006, 09:23 AM

That's one of the scariest things I've ever read on this board.

kingh99
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't think Carr is gone at the end of this season because our options aren't good this draft. There is nobody like Vince Young or Matt Leinart coming out this year, even the guy that won the Heisman isn't all that. So our options are to draft someone like Kolb and develop him, which means Carr or Sage starts, bring in someone Jake Plummer or Byron Leftwich, or... that's about it.

Even if we do draft a new QB, I don't think we should start him until the O-line is in better shape and the rest of the team is better as well. We don't need to let another QB be a human pinata.

I expect to see Carr back next year, or an outside chance we bring in Jake the Snake. Either way it is about the same.

O-line Carr Carr O-line. Chicken or the egg argument. (metaphorically) Kill the chicken, settle the argument.