PDA

View Full Version : Sign here if you can't take it anymore.

gtexan02
12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I'll always be a Texans fan as long as they play in and for the city of Houston, but I won't spend nearly the amount of time, money, and energy I've spent on them over the past 5 years unitl they show me some sign things are looking up.

If you have been a die hard fan, if you still are a true fan, but you simply can't take supporting this mess of a team anymore, sign up. Maybe we can send it in to the FO and hope they wake up

BWPaint
12-10-2006, 10:59 PM
I have bought season tickets in the Club level since the start....I am done, stick a fork in me,...no more money towards this team...and it has nothing to do with being a fan....it has to do with common sense....enough is enough, this organization has a lot to learn and a lot to show me before I can bring myself to buy another ticket....especially at 180 dollars pet ticket / per game and 9.50 for a single drink....their concession prices are an entirely different subject that I will refrain from, or I may blow nut....

htownhitman
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Sign me up. I'll watch the games from home as long as they have "Houston" in their name, and I'll take the abuse from my friends around the country for our general ineptness, but I won't buy any more shirts jerseys and hats for a while.

I'm a PSL season ticket holder from day one, spent over $15K in support of my team. At some point you've gotta try to recoup some of your losses.

After the first 2 home games this season, my tickets have been posted on Stubhub and available for the right price.

gtexan02
12-10-2006, 11:03 PM
I agree. You have to look at like this: Football means nothing. It is a luxury, entertainment, a privilege. Would you pay $1000 to watch a terrible movie? I hope not. So why would you pay $1000 to watch a terrible football team?

If the football team is not competitive, if the entertainment is not worth the money, why would you pay money for it?

There will be fans who say that supporting a terrible team through its bad years makes the winning that much sweeter, and that fans who only start caring once the team starts winning aren't real fans.
My response? Who cares.
Its expensive in both terms of time and money to be a fan of a football team, and if the Texans are going to look like this, why should I waste money?

So to all you fans who claim I'm not a real fan, I'll reclaim back at you that you are bad with your money. There is veery little you can say to convince me that watching the Texans is good entertainment, and therefore there is no reason to support them financially.

Watching a team rebuild is one thing. Watching a team regress midway through the season is something else altogether.

wenskek
12-10-2006, 11:04 PM
This is BS, this team needs to be completely revamped! they have no swagger and no confidence. the O is sloppy and the D can only keep us in a game for so long. Its time for kubiak to take a step back and evaluate every player on this time. i wouldn't be suprised to see moulds asking for a trade here in about 4 weeks, this is not the way he wants to end his career.

gafftop
12-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Did you sell any ticketst a profit on Stubhub?

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 11:17 PM
So reading this, I gather that the only fans of the Texans have money and spent money on the team. By spending all the money on tickets and stuff, there is some kind of investment. What do you get from your investment if they win? The same as if you lose, right? Nothing. You probably lose more because you have to buy the t-shirts and hats showing you won. You get bragging rights. Money is spent. It is a luxury. If you don't like it, don't buy it. You can watch for free on CBS every sunday.

I have season tickets. I am debating if i will keep them or not. I may not go to another game this season, but i will follow and watch the team. My beer is cheaper, concessions cheaper, and no line for the restroom. I have my buddies over and there is a damn good picture on my 60" TV. BUT If i get them, I have that option if i go or not. I don't want to be like all the bandwagoners who try to buy tickets IF they start winning. I may not even go if they do start winning. I like having that option.

Hookem Horns
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm at the end of my rope with following Houston football period. I have suffered too many years as all longtimers. I have given this team 5 years of my fandom and money (season tix and merchandise) and have gotten nothing but more heartache in return. When they decided to renew Carr's contract and pass on VY I forsaw this disaster (disaster is an understatement). Not only for passing on a guy that would give life to this team but also for the PR mess it would cause. To make matters worse he goes to Bud and the Titans, a team I HATE. Now the Texans and their fans (especially old Oilers fans) are set up to be humiliated by VY and Bud for the next 10 years or more. I don't think I want to go through that, I think I've had enough. I often think I need to move on from the whole Houston football thing. I took too personal the move of the Oilers and everytime I see a Titans uniform it's an insult to me. Kinda weird when the city in general didn't seem to care. I thought the Texans would replace the Oilers for me and I would get over all of this but it's only getting worse. I follow the Giants also since I used to live in NY and am seriously thinking about dropping my Texans tickets, getting NFL Sunday tickets and just follow the Giants. I do know that I will be doing a lot of thinking about this during the offseason.

bigcarlos
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Here Here

Texans34Life
12-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Signed.

A Texans fan can only take so much...

Hookem Horns
12-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I signed !! I am so tired of Carr. I hear rumors keep escalating that Carr just signed a three year extension.....I hope that rumor is just false!!! :(

They signed him to a 3 year extension right after they decided that VY wouldn't be the right choice for the Texans. No need for winners on this team.

texaslifter
12-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Signed

How many weekends have to be ruined before I snap back to reality and learn that organizing my weekend around rooting for the Texans is as pointless as wishing ESPN would get a competitor.

LoneStarState
12-11-2006, 12:47 AM
This franchise, and pro football in general in Houston, is cursed.

Texas_Thrill
12-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm trying NOT to sign this. I'm an old Oilers fan from childhood. A man can only take so much heartache. I still hear FRESH in my mind listening to the game as they lose to the buffalo bills 35-3 on the way home from VA. Stopping at a store to actually see some of the game. Heartbreak

Then that bastard adams packing up my luv ya blue and taking them to nashville. Fine you fat fart go. Then WON'T even let us keep the name out of spite.

To seal it all off they take VY the hometown hero and regardless of what anyone says YES it damn matters to me that the kid wanted to play here. Even worse is playing for the devil.

I think I need football counseling.

Hottoddie
12-11-2006, 01:02 AM
This team needs true fans, not fair weather fans. I'll be watching every game, win or lose. Good riddance to you guys.

texaslifter
12-11-2006, 01:07 AM
True fans are allowed to vent in frustration. If we weren't true fans, it wouldn't matter to us.

Texas_Thrill
12-11-2006, 01:08 AM
This team needs true fans, not fair weather fans. I'll be watching every game, win or lose. Good riddance to you guys.

this team and its fans need to feel like they are moving in a positive direction and its VERY hard to when you just get beat by the hometown hero most wanted and not to mention the kind of play he beat us on.

Not to mention you don't even see the current QB throw for more than 140 yards. These aren't FAIR weather fans they are FRUSTRATED.

texaslifter
12-11-2006, 01:12 AM
We are not tired of the Texans! We are just tired of the BS they do like pick wrong players for the draft. The 2k6 draft was the best draft they had! It saddens me that Vince wanted to play here and Mcnair just laughed like Vince wouldn't change a thing. I remember this during the combine. Now Carr and his GLORIOUS stats are helping us win games. Its time for a change and we need IT. Carr keep pumping up those stats because we need trade bait!

God yes on the completion percentage thing. I hope he keeps padding them so we can get some decent value out of him.

Vinny
12-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Casserly isn't in the league anymore. Most GM's watch game film when they trade and don't just scan a stat line.

ToroFan
12-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Casserly isn't in the league anymore. Most GM's watch game film when they trade and don't just scan a stat line.

I wish they would call Casserly out on TV, when he is doing his "insider" job and ask him about Carr and Dilfer.

LoneStarState
12-11-2006, 01:26 AM
The Texans need an exorcist...

Second Honeymoon
12-11-2006, 01:27 AM
this franchise is in the dumpster.

/signed

Scott747
12-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Clearly this is the darkest day for the Texans...

Quite frankly we had to hit rock bottom eventually. It's over and done with finally, and now we can move on. It will make winning much sweeter over the Titans and Vince when it really matters.

Not signing crap...;)

Janus3
12-11-2006, 03:07 AM
not signing up. i'm a true fan win or lose. i don't need w's to support my team. i know in time things will change.

ItsAJtime
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I picked my avatar for a reason. We stink. Free preseason tickets for the pain would be something nice for once. And don't raise ticket cost to recoup the free games. This team will always lose with the mentality that has been set in place. Also, I am so tired of the conservative coaching killing games.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I think yesterday's game took about 5 years off my life.... Screaming so loud and so much - that blood vessels burst in my temple.

Only to be for naught....

Hulk75
12-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Signed: Andre Johnson.

Yea he did his job yesterday didnt he.

2 drops yesterday and gave up trying to get 2 more yards so we can maybe go for it on 4 down and try and scor a TD, He should leave if he is going to play like he did.

BillyBluenose
12-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I get no Texans coverage on tv (probably won't see them at all this year).

The highlights I do see are for the team who whooped the Texans.

Vince burned us. (with the ex-Oilers!)

Reggie burned the Cowboys.

No one on the Texans is capable of burning anyone.

So, why shouldn't I sign? Someone (preferrably the Texans, preferrably on a Sunday) give me a reason not to. I still love the Texans, but I can't say that there's a single person in that organization today that gets me excited about the team. They're not even a bad team. They're just not good enough to win. Not good enough to entertain.

Five years in, guys.

-Billy

ps - Imagine if that was OUR Reggie Bush zipping down the field like everyone else was in slow motion... I think I want to cry.

DRIFTAWAY
12-11-2006, 09:40 AM
signed.

Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Maurice Drew Jones, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Deangelo Williams, Laurence Maroney.

Any one of them would have had a bigger impact for this team so far.

Can't beat the colts if you can't score.

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
I love this team :) . I'll never leave.

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 09:45 AM
signed.

Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, Maurice Drew Jones, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Deangelo Williams, Laurence Maroney.

We would have to give up DeMeco for most of those guys, with the exception of :marionaner: .

kingh99
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Protest McNair's incompetency. He gave sports it's first sunbelt city curse. The first step to righting the wrong is to get a new owner. He really screwed the pooch. People should not forgive him for having to be the man that wasn't going to listen to any agent. He'll show them. Riiiight.

Fire the owner. It's only way to get rid of the Bosox Bambino + Chisox Goat Curse. Vince was our Bum and Earl all wrapped up in one package. Reggie couldn't miss. A blind man would have gotten the choice right. Are you kidding me? Protest McNair.

DRIFTAWAY
12-11-2006, 09:49 AM
We would have to give up DeMeco for most of those guys, with the exception of :marionaner: .

Well i didn't mean trading our second pick, but just emphasizing how important it is to capitalize on the right choice. They draft Mario because 'we need to beat the colts' well to beat the colts you must score. And its not often teams get the first pick, so when you do, its important you take someone who you feel will lead your team to victories for years to come. When you draft first, your not looking for a piece of the puzzle, but your looking for the puzzle itself. Obviously you have no puzzle if your picking first.

I think i just confused myself.

Texan_Bill
12-11-2006, 09:52 AM
signed.

You lost credibility with me on the note of Reggie Bush.... I don't think the Texans needed a wide receiver....

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 09:54 AM
We drafted Mario because it was the better pick for the make up of this team. Bush would not survive with this line and we saw VY as a 3 year project. Mario, on the other hand, while also being a project, had the tools to help out right away. People don't realize he's still raw.

kingh99
12-11-2006, 10:03 AM

No, you are a true fool. True fans demand accountability.

mexican_texan
12-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Real fans stand by their team.

BigWig
12-11-2006, 10:25 AM
I am ready for a change, anything but Carr, its the ABC's of football.
Anything But Carr, thats my story and Im sticking to it!
Signed

BillyBluenose
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM

Bull*****.

A team needs to earn it's support before it can expect it's fans to go through what the fans of the Houston Texans have gone through.

This team has been in steady decline since they beat Dallas in week one of season one.

Real fans demand that the team playing in their name pursues excellence.

Five years since that game against Dallas and we're still waiting.

-Billy

NederlandTexan
12-11-2006, 10:06 PM

At some point the team has to produce a decent product for the fan base. To question a fans dedication after building for five years and still putting this junk on the field is inane. New excuses every year. The organization owes the fans or there will be no team in town.:brickwall

Hottoddie
12-12-2006, 01:17 AM
At some point the team has to produce a decent product for the fan base. To question a fans dedication after building for five years and still putting this junk on the field is inane. New excuses every year. The organization owes the fans or there will be no team in town.:brickwall

In case you missed it, they're in the process of doing that. They replaced almost the entire coaching staff, the front office, & over half of the team from last year. They're installing a completely different offensive & defensive system from last year. Why can't you guys see this?

Obviously, all the pieces are not in place just yet. If you remove the fan's personal preferences of the #1 pick from the equation, then the Texans had their best draft in the brief history of this organization. Sure, Mario wasn't the glamour pick of the draft, but I'm of the opinion that you have to build the trenches first. Our defense was dead last, last year, & couldn't put pressure on the QB to save their lives. This year they've been putting a lot more pressure on the offense & Mario has been a big part of that.

We got what I believe to be our starting LT & RT in last year's draft. How long have we waited for them to do that? We finally got a TE that we can count on & signed a pretty good one in Putzier. We also, may have gotten the DROY in DeMeco Ryans. You only get so many picks in the draft & all 7 of ours look like they could be around for a long time.

This year's draft will be the first one that Kubiak & Rick Smith work together as a team. Given last year's draft, I'm excited to see what they'll do this year. I'm also getting excited to see what we do in free agency.

All I'm saying is, give the new coach/GM a chance to show what they can do. They've already made some serious upgrades & are moving forward in their first year. I'll lay odds that the Texans make the playoffs next year. Bank on it!

kingh99
12-12-2006, 01:43 AM
DC said on local TV (one of those locker Q&A deals) that it might be time to find a new job. His words, find a new job. If he works with the team and is willing to restructure in order to be a marginally more attractive trade option, that would be nice. It's all on Mayor McNair but at least this guy can leave gracefully. If they have to cut him, just damn. Either way, he's done after the season's over.

TSgt.Texan
12-12-2006, 03:29 AM
:gun: :gun: but I am still a Texan, I know I am sick.

threetoedpete
12-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Well I'm just gonna mark the thread. Gonna be a hoot when some of y'all come sneaking back in. Lot of us tried to warn you guys befor the season. I'm sorry for those of you who feel you've been burned by the club. Still think we made the correct choice last April. Guy hurt his foot that's part of the game. Bud got to stick the preverbial hot rod where the sun don't shine and you hate it. You wanna give up on them that's ok. We'll still be here. Been worse starts to this than our's has been. Kubiack is a great coach who's doing the best with the cards he's been delt.Changing offenses, rebuilding both lines switching defenses..I think he's doing pretty good when you consider the number of guys we got IRed. The previous regime left the cup board bare that's all. I'm waiting on the clubs to be truned in... thank you.
We apreciate you carring the club the first five years. Adios and good luck.

BillyBluenose
12-12-2006, 09:44 AM
When the team won't introduce players individually for fear of embarrassment, the team has given up on itself.

-Billy

SESupergenius
12-12-2006, 10:19 AM
the only thing I can't take anymore is the little childish fans. Other than that I pegged the Texans at winning 6 games barring injuries. We are 2 shy of that and if we win one more than I am satisfied with our season. We had many chances to be close to a 8-8 team. that coming from a 2-14 season is monumental.

Porky
12-12-2006, 10:28 AM
"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell,

and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

http://www.morphizm.com/images/recommends/film/network/network_finch.jpg

touttail
12-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Luv it-Luv it-Luv it!

All you so called fans drop your season tickets. I have been trying to upgrade to the front row the past three years. Please all of you don't re-new next year!!!!!!

Bobby 119C :stirpot:

TexansFanatic
12-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Hard to believe the city of Houston could rid itself of one of the biggest jokes of an organization (the Oilers) only to replace it with a bigger one. Sickening.

austintexanite
12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
i'll keep watching and supporting the team. actually goin to my first game against the colts....hopefully

Yokohama Texan
12-12-2006, 11:03 AM
signed--I am sick of the Texans picking and sticking with the WRONG players. I AM a true fan and I have the right to VOICE my opinion and the TEXANS have made a bunch of bad decisions. If they haven't we would not be where we are now. EVERYONE can see that!! carr SUCKS!!!! PERIOD!!!! A change has to be made this off season or I can see this team getting a lot worse. CARR is bringing this team DOWN!! I also love the boneheads that say"if you don't support carr you are not a true TEXAN fan" that is bs. I am a TEXAN fan and I want to see the team go in the right direction and for that to happen carr has got to go!!