PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels said WHAT?

valleytexfan
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
During the Saints-Cowboys game, right after RB scored on a long screen pass, he said something to the effect of "What the HELL were the Houston Texans thinking?"
Man, today's a bad day for us Texan fans.

houstonhurricane
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Sadly, we passed on two players who are in the running for Rookie of the Year. Not to say Mario's 4.5 sacks, etc. aren't encouraging, but we made a major mistake this year.

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Two weeks in a row. Or was it three? What was our F.O. Thinking?!!!!

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Seems like Bush and Young is both progressing and becoming star players while Mario is regressing and becoming an average player. Oh well, at least we have DeMeco

HEY!!! # 90 has an owie on is foot. Give him a break!!!

kbourda
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
During the Saints-Cowboys game, right after RB scored on a long screen pass, he said something to the effect of "What the hell were the Houston Texans thinking?"

I don't know what took him so long to come to that conclusion. I've said that since after year 2 draft.

t_flare
12-10-2006, 10:40 PM
man if only Carr can dip and dunk to Reggie Bush

Tale Gator
12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
We would be fighting for a wildcard playoff spot like the Titans if VY was our QB.

htownhitman
12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Ah, what an insightful opinion from Mr. Michaels. That level of analysis is absolutely priceless.

bigTEXan8
12-10-2006, 10:42 PM
wow...didn't see this thread coming. i was totally caught off guard.

valleytexfan
well the reason I started this thread was not because of the inside info, but because he said "hell" geez...

houstonhurricane
Ah, what an insightful opinion from Mr. Michaels. That level of analysis is absolutely priceless.

Sadly, that level of analysis was apparently too difficult for our FO to figure out on its own.

RTP2110
12-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Imagine Brees & Bush in deep steel blue.......

coachemup
12-10-2006, 10:44 PM
This is incredible! We're rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

Maybe our FO is trying to demoralize our fan base so they can sell the franchise to L.A.?

just rambling, being a Texans fan can make you go nuts!

Mr. B
12-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Bush !!!!!! :joker:

Rookie of the year :confused: Only in the minds of the media and the rest of you Bushwhackers.

Don't remember where I read it but the word was he was crying like baby to the Saints management about his role and something needed to be done.

How pathetic and that is coming from Me a Life Long Saints Fan.

B

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-10-2006, 10:52 PM
I agree with him

Tulip
12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Seems like Bush and Young is both progressing and becoming star players while Mario is regressing and becoming an average player. Oh well, at least we have DeMeco

Mario is not regressing - he has an injury that will only heal if he stays off his foot for a month or so. He's playing with his injury (unlike a certain 4th round running back who got a big fat contract extension), and he's doing pretty darn well in spite of it.

rockabilly
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Man....even when im not watching a Texans game, I have to hear about their mistakes. I was pro R. Bush.

Oh well. At least the Cowgirls are getting it handed to them. Thats always nice.

bigTEXan8
12-10-2006, 11:02 PM
well the reason I started this thread was not because of the inside info, but because he said "hell" geez...

sorry man...wasn't tryin' to pick or you or bash you or nothing...i was just irritated in general because i hate how everybody slurps bush...the annoucers and play-by-play guys. sorry again homie.

htownhitman
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
This is incredible! We're rapidly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

I'll go out on a limb and say we are there already. Sure, you could make an argument for Oakland, Arizona, et al --- but let's not quibble.

TNTitan
12-10-2006, 11:11 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say we are there already. Sure, you could make an argument for Oakland, Arizona, et al --- but let's not quibble.

nope, I would put the Lions and Raiders below the Texans

Spled
12-10-2006, 11:16 PM
We have twice as many wins this year as last. Try to remember the mess that Kubiak inherited.

V Man
12-10-2006, 11:17 PM
We have twice as many wins this year as last. Try to remember the mess that Kubiak inherited.

And the season isn't over yet, though it feels like it today.

Ole Miss Texan
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
nope, I would put the Lions and Raiders below the Texans

I've got a lot of friends at school that are all from different states so I know that the Texans are a laughing stock from all them. Last years record, no winning seasons, plus the #1 draft pick controversy...puts us there.

This year oakland gets made fun of ALOT...

Texans not as bad as the beginning, but when VY did that in OT...there is that comparison..bush had died down a little until these last 2 games.

Miami Dolphins- I was glad to be a Texans fan and making fun of them and my friend from Florida..we beat them and the stunk and all...but then they went on the win like what 4-5 in a row...beat new england?!

Its just us, oakland, and arizona right now...i guess we don't even really think of detroit which is odd. It's just the whole VY, RB comments all the time. from my friends from dallas, memphis, ft. lauderdale, atlanta, new orleans, etc. etc. etc.

StarStruck
12-10-2006, 11:25 PM
Twice as many wins as the other one or two worse teams in a field of 32 teams is bad any way you look at it. The Texans have had a lot of options for top picks in their five years, enough that a playoff berth could have happend by now. So after this period of time accepting the long held Tampa Bay status mediocrity should be unacceptable.

bayshorebevo
12-10-2006, 11:26 PM
We are smarter than everybody else in the world. That is why we took Super Mario. We knew something the whole rest of the world didn't know. He looked real good at the combine & his 2 tackles & 1 assist were very helpful today.

Koolbrz
12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
During the Saints-Cowboys game, right after RB scored on a long screen pass, he said something to the effect of "What the HELL were the Houston Texans thinking?"

I so agree with Al Micheals!!!

Wolf
12-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Twice as many wins as the other one or two worse teams in a field of 32 teams is bad any way you look at it. The Texans have had a lot of options for top picks in their five years, enough that a playoff berth could have happend by now. So after this period of time accepting the long held Tampa Bay status mediocrity should be unacceptable.

not so much multiple top #1's .. it is all the mid round pics that have flopped or the trades made to give up multiple picks that have hurt us and our depth

MrMeToo
12-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't mind him saying that.The Texans pick was kind of retarded.

valleytexfan
12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
sorry man...wasn't tryin' to pick or you or bash you or nothing...i was just irritated in general because i hate how everybody slurps bush...the annoucers and play-by-play guys. sorry again homie.

kfranco_utexas
12-11-2006, 12:09 AM
in the beginning of the 3rd quarter al michaels went off on the smoke being too heavy,hilarious. then he went off on the texans. wow, imagine how bob feels...:yes:

Texans Horror
12-11-2006, 12:11 AM
I keep telling myself that Demeco and Mario are going to only get better as they get older, and eventually it will be like having Peppers and Urlacher on the same team.

BigSaint8050
12-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Don't feel bad, you keep losing and you could have Adrian Peterson, not a bad thing.

I am still shocked y'all didn't take him, but things happen. Houston has some good players, though sorry guys Mario doesn't impress me, but its looking up for you guys. It just sucks you are in the same division as the Colts, Jags and Titans.

beerlover
12-11-2006, 12:27 AM
VY is gone, he is now the enemy quit embracing him as a Texan fan move on please.

Is there a QB out there who can lead the Texans next year? Troy Smith maybe, not Brady Quinn :aikido:

Build the Defense, now....thats the only way to stop Reggie & Vince. period.

#1 draft a speed pass rusher

#2 shutdown corner via free agency

#3 draft a QB to groom for the next two years

#4 add speed to the OLB's & throw in a FS

:yes:

Titan "Tack" Fan
12-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Dick Vitale said it on ESPN during the LSU/Texas broadcast tonight too

hot pickle
12-11-2006, 12:34 AM
lets just say that DeMeco was the 1st overall pick and mario was the second round pick, make any of you feel better?

texaslifter
12-11-2006, 12:38 AM

No way is it Arizona. Every year they are the sexy pick to be a darkhorse team. Any team getting that kind of respect is not the 'laughing stock of the nfl'. When I start rooting for the texans infront of my non-texan-fan friends or wearing apparell around campus - I get LAUGHED at. And this is still in austin - i think its safe to say, we ARE the laughing stock.

LoneStarState
12-11-2006, 12:50 AM
Mario is not regressing - he has an injury that will only heal if he stays off his foot for a month or so. He's playing with his injury (unlike a certain 4th round running back who got a big fat contract extension), and he's doing pretty darn well in spite of it.
I would like to agree here, but I can't... What will the excuse be next season?

Second Honeymoon
12-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Man....even when im not watching a Texans game, I have to hear about their mistakes. I was pro R. Bush.

Oh well. At least the Cowgirls are getting it handed to them. Thats always nice.

typical loser fan comment....

kfranco_utexas
12-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi guys, remember me?!:stirpot:

Dime
12-11-2006, 01:39 AM
typical loser fan comment....

which one.. yours .. or his... ???

ROFL :stirpot:

Nbkan
12-11-2006, 01:44 AM
And the odds that we beat:
New England...THERE
Indy...HERE
Cleveland...HERE***

[***Cleveland has already beaten: Raiders, Jets, Falcons & Chiefs]

Anyone???

Hell I would just settle for back to back wins...we can't seem to do it. And they always put that damn stat up. The Texans haven't won back to back games since 2004. (I think that is what they say.) It's so long ago even I forget.

I am still am behind the team, but I wish we would have done something other than take a knee.

Second Honeymoon
12-11-2006, 02:10 AM
which one.. yours .. or his... ???

ROFL :stirpot:

wow, i bet that level of comedic excellence gets lots of laughs on the short bus

run-david-run
12-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Nope!
Couldn't happen!
Wouldn't happen!

Why?

Cause it MAKES SENSE!!!

Umm, just two weeks ago everyone was thanking heaven for Mario and avoding Reggie's 3 yard per carry average. I realize the society we live in dictates that we need an answer immediately, but come on, Mario should be a Texan for over 13 years, lets not judge his career after 13 games.

Dime
12-11-2006, 02:29 AM
wow, i bet that level of comedic excellence gets lots of laughs on the short bus

ROFL.. good try.. But I did give you benefit of the doubt that you could understand the degree of slapstick I had in there. Guess it missed the target wide. Maybe you will get it next time.

Note: I wasn't laughing WITH you. :shades:

Heywood
12-11-2006, 04:00 AM

please- word was kubiak signed off on the carr extension. this "mess" has his stamp on it too.

NATHANHALE
12-11-2006, 05:35 AM
...looks like the :homer: 's have a friend in Charley Casserly, as he's still trying to defend not taking VY. Jimmy Johnson was all over CC on Sunday.

Too, Andre Ware (former Heisman winner from UH) is another 'media type' person you can 'bash' now because he says VJ is the "Michael Jordan' of NFL Football.

Wow, you all may not be 'right' about much (anything?), but at least you have a lot of people you can put down/make fun of/call names/insult their families/give bad reps to (remember,your opinion is the only one that counts), so carry-on 'u experts u.'

aj.
12-11-2006, 07:36 AM
...looks like the :homer: 's have a friend in Charley Casserly, as he's still trying to defend not taking VY. Jimmy Johnson was all over CC on Sunday.
u.'

Richie Justice has been funny lately in his criticism of CC, calling him "Barney Fife" among other things.

nunusguy
12-11-2006, 08:34 AM
The decision to pick Mario was entirely Kubiaks choice, nobody else but him.
Give him credit for the Draft in general if you will, but that has to include the blame for any individual choices you don't like.

Goatcheese
12-11-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm with Al Michaels. What the hell were the Texans thinking!? Just look at everything Bush has acomplished... like not even being listed on ESPNs top 41 rushing, and average < 9 yards per reception. Man, that's some serious talent we passed on. Bush has redefined the running back position... by not running... yeah...

Quick, somebody fire Kubiak!

Hulk75
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM

I heard that, my wife was like your darn right, Bush is playing right now.

Tale Gator
12-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Al was just saying what about 85% of Texan fans were thinking.

real
12-11-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm with Al Michaels. What the hell were the Texans thinking!? Just look at everything Bush has acomplished... like not even being listed on ESPNs top 41 rushing, and average < 9 yards per reception. Man, that's some serious talent we passed on. Bush has redefined the running back position... by not running... yeah...

Quick, somebody fire Kubiak!

:secret: .....shhhhhhhh........

*how about watching the games, and not the stat lines*

kingh99
12-11-2006, 09:34 AM

We are the shareholders. Bob McNair must be made so uncomfortable he sells the team. He's the owner in name only. The team is leveraged up to it's eyeballs. He should be forced to sell the team for the way in which he has failed as the CEO and Owner. We should protest outside his office. It's our town and he's made it a laughing stock with his incompetence. I am serious. I know a few people who would give him hell outside his offices. He deserves every ration of grief he gets. What a fool. What an absolute fool. McNair's the problem. Doh.

kingh99
12-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Bob McNair's curse will stain this team until the day he sells. He doesn't do what he did, I mean come on Vince Young was our Bum, and Reggie Bush, OMG. Vince Young was asked what it felt like running those last ten yards and he said it felt like "his momma was chasing him with a belt". Our own Bum and Earl all wrapped up in one hard scrabble winner. Instead we have milkshake breath pampered ***** who will be tarred and feathered out of here. McNair should fall on his aggie sword, that damn fool.

Heywood
12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
returning to the topic at hand, michaels is quite a full-of-himself republican ******* to say what he did. he is trying to pretend to be a journalist by piling on the weakest of the weak.

i predict a formal apology from him before friday.

kastofsna
12-11-2006, 10:59 AM
once mario williams starts showing his dominance, it'll be a moot point.

Orion
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
The ONLY REASON I'm still watching this "game!"

THas is all we have to root for.........AGAIN!!!!

GuerillaBlack
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Mario is playing with one foot.

Sportsfan
12-11-2006, 05:27 PM

I hope your right. God i hope your right!

shinerbock_girl
12-11-2006, 06:27 PM

Heard that, was gagging.

TNTitan
12-11-2006, 11:49 PM
returning to the topic at hand, michaels is quite a full-of-himself republican ******* to say what he did. he is trying to pretend to be a journalist by piling on the weakest of the weak.

i predict a formal apology from him before friday.

what does that have to do with anything?

Texans86
12-12-2006, 02:30 AM
Sadly, we passed on two players who are in the running for Rookie of the Year. Not to say Mario's 4.5 sacks, etc. aren't encouraging, but we made a major mistake this year.

If Bush gets OROY, I will be extremely angry with the way these things work out. Young has been exceptional and has a valid case, but the Bush bandwagon drives me crazy. Colston is probably the most deserving, hopefully his injury doesn't take it away from him.

The hype around Bush drives me absolutely crazy.

StarStruck
12-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I agree with Michaels. I have thought the same thing since draft day, and have chosen to keep my arms folded on the choice until I see a reason to call the move brilliant. IMO, even if Vince and Reggie turned out the complete busts, and they won't, it would have been better to take the chance with them, sell out the stadium, and give the Texans a fair opportunity to gloat over their successes than cheering every time Mario Williams makes a tackle.

Dawkins
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM

The only thing Mario Williams will dominate is the weight room. He's a workout warrior. Everyone with at least half a brain knows that the Texans made a big mistake taking Williams over Young or Bush. Everyone but blind homers, that is.

I love how people use stats to try and discredit what Bush has done for the Saints. Watch the games to see his effect on what they do and how teams defend against them. He's a major threat everytime he's on the field.

kastofsna
12-12-2006, 03:25 PM
The only thing Mario Williams will dominate is the weight room. He's a workout warrior. Everyone with at least half a brain knows that the Texans made a big mistake taking Williams over Young or Bush. Everyone but blind homers, that is.

I love how people use stats to try and discredit what Bush has done for the Saints. Watch the games to see his effect on what they do and how teams defend against them. He's a major threat everytime he's on the field.
williams will be a beast soon.

and bush IS a major threat. unless he's running the ball out of the backfield.

TexansLucky13
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Al Michaels also cussed up a storm after the halftime fireworks show. He was cursing all up and down about how the smoke was hurting the play on the field for at least thirty minutes.

I respect him as a commentator but I think his day has passed. Madden, on the other hand..... well, he is Madden. The man IS football.

run-david-run
12-12-2006, 05:42 PM
When people DON'T POST, it's not the same thing as saying that they are in favor of him.

You'll notice that it's been the same couple weeks since there have been any Bush threads to speak of. Does that mean that everyone had changed their minds about Bush? Of course not. He's begun to play as of late and the haters have decided to keep their comments to themselves, rather than admit that maybe they were wrong.

I heard the same comments "we shouldn't judge him after ___?___ games..." WAAAAYYY back in the preseason. It was legit then...but not now. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E on this board have already heralded Demeco a perennial pro-bowler and future HOFer. I believe that this is CERTAINLY justified if he continues with the pace that he's set this year. But what are we ALL doing??? Judging him on the basis of 13 games! Why don't I see posts that say, "Wait! Hold On Guys! This is ONLY Demeco's first 13 games...he could fall apart next year...let's just wait and see what happens!" Because IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE to do that! That's why. Mario's 30+ tackles and 4.5 sacks isn't terrible...but it's NOT great either! Sure as heck isn't "First--#1" good. We have EVERY RIGHT to judge his performance after 3/4 of an ENTIRE season! He's not even in the TOP 60 amongst DEFENSIVE LINEMAN, in the entire league!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/DL-TACKLES/2006/regular?&start_row=51

He is the top producing D-lineman on our team. For his rookie year, hampered by injury and taking on double teams, Ill take it.

Fiddy
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
So ESPN is talking about ROY and were like the candidates are VY, Bush, Coltson, Hester and Jones-Drew. "And the Texans, who had the first overall pick, seemed to avoid all those guys." Congratulations. We root for the new Bengals.

bah007
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
So ESPN is talking about ROY and were like the candidates are VY, Bush, Coltson, Hester and Jones-Drew. "And the Texans, who had the first overall pick, seemed to avoid all those guys." Congratulations. We root for the new Bengals.

And ESPN sure was hyping us to get Jones-Drew, Colston, & Hester with our 1st pick.

What a bunch of douchebags.

kastofsna
12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
yeah, remember how pissed they were on draft day when colston fell to the 7th round?

TNTitan
12-13-2006, 09:25 AM

is this not true?

ubecool454
12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Don't feel bad, you keep losing and you could have Adrian Peterson, not a bad thing.

I am still shocked y'all didn't take him, but things happen. Houston has some good players, though sorry guys Mario doesn't impress me, but its looking up for you guys. It just sucks you are in the same division as the Colts, Jags and Titans.

take it easy..the Saints finally seem to have it rolling, and it is not because of the decoy from USC..you just take your blessings and hail drew brees. The saints don't draft brees and get lucky on a pick like colston then you are still a three win team even with bush.