PDA

View Full Version : By the way

Grid
12-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Just to remind yall, this front office is the same one that drafted DeMeco Ryans, front runner for defensive rookie of the year.

So, all your claims of stupidity on their part is a little bit silly.

WiiBrawler
12-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Dont Worry, we all just letting out steam because Vince Ran The Game Winner, we'll forget about it...........atleast I hope

Grid
12-10-2006, 09:52 PM
doubt it :D.. not until we replace Carr with a young stud QB. As long as there is a question mark at QB, UT fans are gonna point out that we could have had VY.

Porky
12-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Just to remind yall, this front office is the same one that drafted DeMeco Ryans, front runner for defensive rookie of the year.

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.

AggieTexanFan
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Good post, lets just hope next years draft is as solid

LORK 88
12-10-2006, 10:24 PM
By occasional do you mean almost everyone we drafted last year?

TexansFanatic
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM

In total, the Texans had a very successful draft, no question. But they fumbled the biggest decision they've ever made. Not good.

htownhitman
12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
By occasional do you mean almost everyone we drafted last year?

Doesn't matter. The first pick was the most important and THEY BLEW IT.

They had a 1-foot putt to win the Masters and they got a case of the yips....

gtexan02
12-10-2006, 10:56 PM
We could have had DeMeco + VY or DeMeco + RB, but instead we have DeMeco + plantar fascilitis or whatever his new nicknmae/excuse is. They got the 2nd pick right but that doesnt change the fact they blew the 1st one.

LORK 88
12-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Doesn't matter. The first pick was the most important and THEY BLEW IT.

They had a 1-foot putt to win the Masters and they got a case of the yips....
I know it means nothing right now, but to judge a player after only 13 games in the league is a bit extreme. I really hate saying this because I feel like im alone on it, but we have to be patient. Give Mario time!!

V Man
12-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I know it means nothing right now, but to judge a player after only 13 games in the league is a bit extreme. I really hate saying this because I feel like im alone on it, but we have to be patient. Give Mario time!!

You are not alone in it.

Spled
12-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Mario's injured. I expect him to turn into a freak in the long term.

Grid
12-11-2006, 12:22 AM
We could have had DeMeco + VY or DeMeco + RB, but instead we have DeMeco + plantar fascilitis or whatever his new nicknmae/excuse is. They got the 2nd pick right but that doesnt change the fact they blew the 1st one.

Or we could be like Oakland with Michael Huff and Thomas Howard.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth.

Its also just year 1 of these 3 picks.

Leftwhich looked pretty good out of college too, but he is about to lose his job to his backup. Pennington was a golden boy early on as well, but now hes on the verge of replacement. And I dont know how many RBs there have been that have had good rookie years, and disappeared for the rest of thier career.

Point is, at this juncture.. id say VY is ahead in the race, with Bush and Williams coming in second.. but we are just turning the first corner, we have a long way to go before any of these guys win the race.

LoneStarState
12-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Dont Worry, we all just letting out steam because Vince Ran The Game Winner, we'll forget about it...........atleast I hope
Are you kidding? Richard Justice, John McClain, and Rich Lard will be reminding us of this day from now on...

brewhaus
12-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Hopefully, that "game winner" will fuel some Texan inspiration for future match ups. I just don't understand, "why kick a field goal for a tie when the momentum of the game was obviously swinging towards the Titans?" Kubiak should have gone for the win.
I do not understand that.

Texansfan36
12-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Are you kidding? Richard Justice, John McClain, and Rich Lard will be reminding us of this day from now on...

It's not them we have to worry about it is more so the "fans" reminding us of it. Every team goes through the stupid cycle, just look at the Bengals, they were friggin horrible for about ten years, and I'm sure they passed on some once in a lifetime people. Here's hoping for a brighter future. (It is hard as heck to do but you gotta keep the faith)

NATHANHALE
12-11-2006, 08:21 AM
doubt it :D.. not until we replace Carr with a young stud QB. As long as there is a question mark at QB, UT fans are gonna point out that we could have had VY.

well, at least VY doesn't have a 'drug charge' pending against him like that Aggie QB turned WR in Cinn--gig 'em ags, make ur mama proud....

NATHANHALE
12-11-2006, 08:27 AM

...and how many drafts have we blown before we finally get a decent one?...and,as many posters have stated (u too?), it will take years before we know the real effect of a draft---a :homer: truth....silly or not?

OzzO
12-11-2006, 10:06 AM

I'm not sure if Capers or Casserly ever found their... um... nuts. Kubiak and co did a pretty good draft their first time out.

Grid
12-11-2006, 02:08 PM
...and how many drafts have we blown before we finally get a decent one?...and,as many posters have stated (u too?), it will take years before we know the real effect of a draft---a :homer: truth....silly or not?

Its true that it takes a few years to know how a draft class really turned out. As far as QB goes though, with Kubiak training the guy.. I have faith that he will turn into at LEAST an above average QB.. and that he will be ready to start fairly quickly.

(*talking drafting a rookie*)