PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this?

bah007
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
DeMarcus Ware of the Cowboys just got a Delay of Game penalty while playing defense. This is a common penalty.

But get this. While explaining the reasoning after the call the referee said that Ware "made a move uncommon to football" because he was pointing at the Saints o-lineman and apparently making some calls for the defense.

I'm really confused about it.

I would appreciate it if anybody with any experience as a referee could enlighten me.

bah007
12-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Parcells just got unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing a challenge flag with less than two minutes left in a half.

I knew you couldnt challenge inside of 2 minutes but I didnt know it was a penalty if you tried.

Snapple
12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I understand Delay of Game on the defense, when the defense is interfering with the ref's ability to set the ball quickly in order to slow down the game. I have no idea what that explanation means, with making a move that's uncommon to football.

bah007
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok.

That makes sense then.

I still have no idea about the first one I mentioned. I've never heard of it before.

edo783
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Seems that a couple of things happend with the Cowplops defense. They were making subtitutions (6 guys) that was delay of game, Parcells tosses the flag inside 2 min and I think they nailed the defense for making calls that I guess could be construed as offensive calls to confuse the O-line guys (not sure on that one).

bah007
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Seems that a couple of things happend with the Cowplops defense. They were making subtitutions (6 guys) that was delay of game, Parcells tosses the flag inside 2 min and I think they nailed the defense for making calls that I guess could be construed as offensive calls to confuse the O-line guys (not sure on that one).

Well the substitution is legal cuz the Saints substituted late & then tried to run to the line and snap the ball before the Cowboys could.

You might be right with the last part but that still doesnt explain the "move uncommon to football" part.