PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to be in Carr's shoes?

Ibar_Harry
12-10-2006, 07:59 PM
To begin the game AJ gets called for a penalty on the 1st play. On the next play the LT gets called for a Penalty. Now Kubiak is saying we have to come out and not have turnovers and play a perfect game. Is all of the above David's fault? I don't think so. Both AJ and the LT are untouchables as some of you think Carr is. This is not really may point, but I give it as an example of what is happening with this ball club.

For 5 years coaches have been calling the plays and the team has been going nowhere. I know that in 2 quarters of that 5 years Carr has gotten to call his own plays and we were hightly successful in those two quarters. I know that Payton calls his own plays and I have always wanted my QB to be the field general and call his own plays. When a coach calls the plays the QB has to have the same vision ( view and understanding ) of what is going to be taking place. That is not always the case for a whole variety of reasons.

The QB sees the game from a totally different prospective than the coach on the side lines or the coach upstairs. Defensive players our obviously putting up their hands and doing their best to block vision and passing lanes. When the QB and his line or a receiver notice someone overplaying them the QB can react to his players input. That's what happened in those two quarters.

How would you like to have your job on the line based upon having to perform other peoples inept play calls? How would you like to have no control over the possibility of winning when you want so bad to do so? Kubiak says Carr needs to take over the game, but he never lets him do it. Remember, Carr, AJ and the Vikings and what a game it was?

I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet. We know he's not performing based on a lot of mistakes by others. We know game time decisions in the heat of battle seem to be based on trying to play it safe. We know we don't have a 2 minute offense, because that requires the QB to make decisions and the HC won't let him do it. I don't care if he blows it. At least I would know he's not capable of doing it. At least I would know I gave my team a chance to show they can do it. If you can never have a two minute offense its going to be a big time winner in the NFL.

Carr in his interviews keeps saying we have to run the ball which is the Kubiak line. What does Kubiak do but come out trying to pass against literally the worst run defense in the league. What Kind of game planing is that? Then your star receiver commits a foul to begin the game followed by your LT doing the same. What does that have to do with Carr? It says a lot about the coach, however. How many games have we seen big plays dropped and penalties occurring on key downs resulting it very big lost opportunities?

If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it. Kubiak is no different than Capers in trying to micro manage the game. I have never believed that that was what the HC was suppose to do. To me the best of the lot have always been aware of the ebb and flow of the game knowing when to call time outs and when to help their players adjust. When your spending all your time calling plays you can not get a feel for the overall game. You are too focused on the next play call. You miss too many things. Kubiak be a HC and let Carr be the QB and play caller.

Napa Auto Parts
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
it would be awsome to be in david's shoes i would love to be legally stealing from the texans with out being able to be prosecuted.:stirpot:

bah007
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I would hate to be in Carr's shoes.

He has taken a physical and mental beating while playing for us & now everything bad that happens is automatically his fault.

TheRealJoker
12-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I believe that no matter what he does, this city will hate him.

I dont hate him, but the majority seem to.

Grid
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
shame too.. cause hes a great guy.

Its time for him to head out though.. he may even have success somewhere else, but his window of opportunity to be the golden boy of this franchise has come and gone.

amazingandre
12-10-2006, 08:09 PM
i feel bad for him its gotta suck to be him. the fans at the game were so pumped when vy ran it in wtf is that????? if i were carr i would curse the majority of the fans in the media.......its bs why would he even want to win for the city when they dont back him up?u ever thought of that?????

gwallaia
12-10-2006, 08:09 PM
If I was in Carr's shoes, I would be a millionaire.

Historyhorn
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I could deal with having his bankroll while not really producing. Life isn't always fair, but considering how he's compensated....I could think of worse things.

Go Texans

Koolaid Time
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it.

If I were David Carr, I would be right atthe point of deciding a "change in address" would be best for next season. Frankly the fans here are tired of Carr... and Carr is tired of being treated like a pinata here...

Maybe David will end up in Green Bay, Detroit, Tampa Bay.... we could get a second round for him.

kfranco_utexas
12-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I believe that no matter what he does, this city will hate him.

You got that right!
Wonder if he reads this message board?:stirpot:

TexasJedi
12-10-2006, 08:20 PM
To begin the game AJ gets called for a penalty on the 1st play. On the next play the LT gets called for a Penalty. Now Kubiak is saying we have to come out and not have turnovers and play a perfect game. Is all of the above David's fault? I don't think so. Both AJ and the LT are untouchables as some of you think Carr is. This is not really may point, but I give it as an example of what is happening with this ball club.

For 5 years coaches have been calling the plays and the team has been going nowhere. I know that in 2 quarters of that 5 years Carr has gotten to call his own plays and we were hightly successful in those two quarters. I know that Payton calls his own plays and I have always wanted my QB to be the field general and call his own plays. When a coach calls the plays the QB has to have the same vision ( view and understanding ) of what is going to be taking place. That is not always the case for a whole variety of reasons.

The QB sees the game from a totally different prospective than the coach on the side lines or the coach upstairs. Defensive players our obviously putting up their hands and doing their best to block vision and passing lanes. When the QB and his line or a receiver notice someone overplaying them the QB can react to his players input. That's what happened in those two quarters.

I think you make an excellent point here, Ibar. There is no doubt that Carr has played his best football when he was allowed to take ownership of the offense and call the plays. Maybe that's how David works, I don't know but I'd like to find out before tossing him out.

kingh99
12-10-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet. :gun:

Second Honeymoon
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM

How would you like to have your job on the line based upon having to perform other peoples inept play calls? How would you like to have no control over the possibility of winning when you want so bad to do so? Kubiak says Carr needs to take over the game, but he never lets him do it. Remember, Carr, AJ and the Vikings and what a game it was?

I'm not saying Carr is necessarily good or bad, because I really think we don't know that as yet. We know he's not performing based on a lot of mistakes by others. We know game time decisions in the heat of battle seem to be based on trying to play it safe. We know we don't have a 2 minute offense, because that requires the QB to make decisions and the HC won't let him do it. I don't care if he blows it. At least I would know he's not capable of doing it. At least I would know I gave my team a chance to show they can do it. If you can never have a two minute offense its going to be a big time winner in the NFL.

Carr in his interviews keeps saying we have to run the ball which is the Kubiak line. What does Kubiak do but come out trying to pass against literally the worst run defense in the league. What Kind of game planing is that? Then your star receiver commits a foul to begin the game followed by your LT doing the same. What does that have to do with Carr? It says a lot about the coach, however. How many games have we seen big plays dropped and penalties occurring on key downs resulting it very big lost opportunities?

If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team. If he failed then so be it, but at least he would know he had a chance and he just didn't cut it. Kubiak is no different than Capers in trying to micro manage the game. I have never believed that that was what the HC was suppose to do. To me the best of the lot have always been aware of the ebb and flow of the game knowing when to call time outs and when to help their players adjust. When your spending all your time calling plays you can not get a feel for the overall game. You are too focused on the next play call. You miss too many things. Kubiak be a HC and let Carr be the QB and play caller.

carr sucks, turn page, get over it...and while you are at it why not update that antiquated avatar of yours

diaf

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 08:39 PM
shame too.. cause hes a great guy.

Its time for him to head out though.. he may even have success somewhere else, but his window of opportunity to be the golden boy of this franchise has come and gone.

Another reason why I like the guy. He didnt hold out, he is not a T.O. and he does his best behind the worst O-line in NFL history. and as REALJOKER said, no matter what he does, people will hate him.

thunderkyss
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
If I were in David Carr's shoes, I'd tell Kubiak, "**** it. Put VanPelt in there for NewEngland, and show Houston how bad this OL really is."

Ibar_Harry
12-10-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm trying to stress another point. Carr is always been criticized for not making the right decisions or seems unable to make decisions. Well, if you are not allowed to make decisions under normal circumstances how are you going to know what to do when you have to make them in critical situations. Carr has to grow - and Kubiak has said that many times - but Kubiak needs to allow him to grow which is really the biggest problem. I keep saying we have no 2 minute offense and thats because Kubiak calls all of the plays. We are going nowhere its time to take the training halter off and let the young man show what he does or does not know.

In Capers case they did not like what they saw, because he made them look real bad. That was the funny part about both of those games. Payton is the field general and the OC is his scout. That's a very different perspective and that's why he has grown into what he is. I know Payton is the exception but he has been blessed to be on the team he is.

To show another case like Carr take a look at Ely. He is having a terrible time under another control freak. The young man is very talented and I have a feeling he knows how to play the game. I suspect his dad and older brother have taught him well. However, in the NFL he isn't cutting it because of the coaching staff he is playing under. Coaches are not the QB on the field. They have hired someone to do that. Let them call the plays and be the players they are capable of being.

bayshorebevo
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM
I'll take the job. You can hate me as much as you want for that kind of dough.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll take the job. You can hate me as much as you want for that kind of dough.

Signed Barry Bonds lol

Ibar_Harry
12-12-2006, 01:51 AM
I guess I see the problem differently than most of you. I think the HC is as big a problem as anyone on this ball club. AJ dropped some key passes in this game. Remember, Kubiak says you don't get many shots at big time plays and you have to make them when the opportunity arises. AJ blew it on more than one occassion. Why aren't people ranting on his play. He pounted a week ago when he didn't get his 1,000 yards.

Folks, I'm just beginning to wonder what kind of a team player he is. I noticed there have not been many comments out of Moulds lately. That to me is a bad sign because he has been a very positive force on this ball club. There is a lot wrong and we are close to losing our whole ball club once again.

They need to start with a whole lot of better game planning. To come out passing against literally the worst run defense in the league is an abomination of game planning. Yes, I believe we are a passing team, but this is one of the times that you try to establish the run particularly in light of the previous game. Kubiak is simply trying to be too cute and he is constantly being out coached.

What is this great game business he is talking about in the interviews? Yes, it was a good game, but not a great one.

ib4texans
12-12-2006, 02:23 AM
I guess I see the problem differently than most of you. I think the HC is as big a problem as anyone on this ball club. AJ dropped some key passes in this game. Remember, Kubiak says you don't get many shots at big time plays and you have to make them when the opportunity arises. AJ blew it on more than one occassion. Why aren't people ranting on his play. He pounted a week ago when he didn't get his 1,000 yards.

Folks, I'm just beginning to wonder what kind of a team player he is. I noticed there have not been many comments out of Moulds lately. That to me is a bad sign because he has been a very positive force on this ball club. There is a lot wrong and we are close to losing our whole ball club once again.

They need to start with a whole lot of better game planning. To come out passing against literally the worst run defense in the league is an abomination of game planning. Yes, I believe we are a passing team, but this is one of the times that you try to establish the run particularly in light of the previous game. Kubiak is simply trying to be too cute and he is constantly being out coached.

What is this great game business he is talking about in the interviews? Yes, it was a good game, but not a great one.

If Andre drops a ball it excused as a bad pass from DC. If it's a jump ball and AJ gets it stripped it's a bad pass from Carr. I like AJ he's been a bright spot in past seasons, but I think he's trying to hide that he's in a funk. I think all of the negativity is wearing at him, I applaud him for not trying to come out and blame anyone else or being critical of any other players though.

threetoedpete
12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
I would write the team a check because I stole their money masquerading as an NFL QB.

this is not only unfair but it's just plain wrong. I've been looking over the draft picks of other franchise QB guys...DC's had the short end of the stick. Hate him if you want...But Carr played the cards he was delt. Lot of arm chair QBs in here havn't a clue about NFL o-line tallent. Y'all can hate him. I respect the heck out of him. I wouldn't go behind that line next sunday for all the tea in china. He may suck as a QB, but he's a heck of a man. He's going to take a heck of a beating the next three games. Enjoy it.

ib4texans
12-12-2006, 02:58 AM
this is not only unfair but it's just plain wrong. I've been looking over the draft picks of other franchise QB guys...DC's had the short end of the stick. Hate him if you want...But Carr played the cards he was delt. Lot of arm chair QBs in here havn't a clue about NFL o-line tallent. Y'all can hate him. I respect the heck out of him. I wouldn't go behind that line next sunday for all the tea in china. He may suck as a QB, but he's a heck of a man. He's going to take a heck of a beating the next three games. Enjoy it.

I'll rep ya for this! Truer words have never been spoken.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 07:18 AM
Kubiak has known only success, Carr has only known failure. Calhoun is the third OC in our history (not to mention Kubiak and Sherman looking over his shoulder) to limit the playbook with Carr at the helm.

Carr's talent, whatever it is, does not scale in the NFL. There is a reason why he does not audible, why he looks down his first reciever, why he has two illegal forward passes in one game, why he throws dump offs, why he does not run the shotgun, etc. He is not that good of a football player. I have never seen a worse QB IQ on any team I have been a fan of.

Heywood
12-12-2006, 07:29 AM
the reason is, carr is just not bright, to put it mildly. it's fascinating to me how this never comes up in conversations about cetain "kinds" of players.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-12-2006, 09:00 AM

Let's see make $6 Million + a year and "work" for basically 16 Sundays - I'll take it!

infantrycak
12-12-2006, 09:06 AM
I know that Payton calls his own plays and I have always wanted my QB to be the field general and call his own plays.

For the twentieth time--neither Peyton nor any other QB in the NFL calls their own plays. Carr doing it last year for two halves was an aberration. Peyton receives three plays from his OC, generally two passes and one run and audibles between them at the line. He has more freedom than any other QB right now but does not call his own plays. Jimmy Johnson did not have any audibles for Aikman who is a very bright QB--it is a system thing, not an intelligence deal.

HJam72
12-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Just think how different we'd feel about him right now if AJ caught those passes, our secondary didn't blow it on that one touchdown run around the end, and (if even necessary) our D didn't open up wide (or bend over) for VY to run right up the gut for 39 yards on the final play of the game. How much of that is David's fault? I haven't even mentioned the inadequate pass protection.

I'm not trying to get all into the whole season, but I think Carr played a good game Sunday. We don't like all the dump-offs, but who's open? If they get open, are they gonna catch it? Nobody trusts Carr to audible, but when he called his own plays, which is more responsibility, we had our best passing performances ever.

Just my opinion, but I think old AJ needs to take those cool lookin' gloves off his millionaire hands and catch the freakin' football.

HJam72
12-12-2006, 09:13 AM
One other thing is that we all seem to hate Carr much more after VY runs one up our butts for 39 yds., but that ain't Carr's fault. Yes, it's somebody's fault who could've drafted Young, but it doesn't make Carr stupid and clueless. He may be, but just remember that nothing VY does should convince you that Carr is worthless.

Rightnow
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Carr is the QB of this team until Kubiak says otherwise. Kubiak may fire him at the end of this season, but the coach will only do so if there is a better option. If Sage is the answer while we develop another rookie QB so be it, but we have to improve the QB position. Just firing Carr does not improve the QB position; we have to replace with someone better.

HJam72
12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't think anybody calls their own plays either, but Carr's done it before with success, so he should have much more freedom to audible than he does. He's not the first person to not be allowed to prove he can do something. It happens all the time. Look at that little dude. He can't pitch. Then little dude shows he can throw a fastball 10 mph. faster than anyone his age in the town, and more acurately. Look how dumb that guy is. Dumb guy turns out to a brain surgeon that just looks stupid and can't drive worth a crap. Spud Web. Emmitt Smith ain't big enough. VY is another example himself, in a way. I think these coaches need to give a chance to fail, instead of just saying, "Oh, he can't do that," or, "He's not ready." Heck, at least give him one game to do it his way before we run him out of town with pitch-forks.

He might still suck, but at least take the extra padding off his gloves before you stick him in the ring that last time. He just might hurt somebody.

kingh99
12-12-2006, 09:23 AM
If Andre drops a ball it excused as a bad pass from DC. If it's a jump ball and AJ gets it stripped it's a bad pass from Carr. I like AJ he's been a bright spot in past seasons, but I think he's trying to hide that he's in a funk. I think all of the negativity is wearing at him, I applaud him for not trying to come out and blame anyone else or being critical of any other players though.

How many completions for TD this year from Carr? How many long balls on the shoulder? Andre Johnson is a pud for being too quiet. The team wants DC gone yesterday. And what's with David Carr's head shrinking? He looks like the guy on beetlejuice under that ballcap. The guy makes me physically ill. Go flip your hair somewhere else. Be GONE!

Okay now for a more reasoned response. DC represents not one but 2 failed first pick opptys in the draft. Picking him hurt us the first year AND last year even more because he handcuffed management. Bigger bust than Ralph Sampson. Ultimately McNair gets to eat the **** sandwich for he is the buck stopper. What a screw up! And everyone was telling this guy.

HJam72
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
How many completions for TD this year from Carr? How many long balls on the shoulder? Andre Johnson is a pud for being too quiet. The team wants DC gone yesterday. And what's with David Carr's head shrinking? He looks like the guy on beetlejuice under that ballcap. The guy makes me physically ill. Go flip your hair somewhere else. Be GONE!

If you're saying that AJ is screwing up on purpose, then the team needs to run AJ's butt out of town, not necessarilly Carr. That kind of crap don't cut it, regardless of what he does or doesn't say.

NATHANHALE
12-12-2006, 09:39 AM
"If I were Carr I would like to be able to call my own game and go down in flames trying to do what I thought was best for my team."

First, Carr does not have the 'mental' make-up or drive to call his own plays. Second, Carr has a tough time executing the plays called for him because he can not read a defense or work the pocket. Third, no QB in the NFL calls his own game...with his 'fragile' mindset, Carr wouldn't be able to cope with failure on the field, especially knowing he caused it...BADDDDDDDDDDD IDEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I know you post this thought in every single post you make but you might want to discuss something that can really happen...

brewhaus
12-12-2006, 10:24 AM
If I were in Carr's shoes I would be planning my retirement.......And I surely wouldn't be worried about where the money is coming from. :ok:

eriadoc
12-12-2006, 10:37 AM
First, Carr does not have the 'mental' make-up or drive to call his own plays. Second, Carr has a tough time executing the plays called for him because he can not read a defense or work the pocket. Third, no QB in the NFL calls his own game...with his 'fragile' mindset, Carr wouldn't be able to cope with failure on the field, especially knowing he caused it...BADDDDDDDDDDD IDEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I know you post this thought in every single post you make but you might want to discuss something that can really happen...

Actually, in limited action (two halves last year), he showed more promise doing just that than at any other point over the last 2.5 years. I'm not saying he can do it, but I think he's at least shown enough where you can't say with certainty that he cannot.

Moot point anyway.

Texanfan4ever
12-12-2006, 10:52 AM
One other thing is that we all seem to hate Carr much more after VY runs one up our butts for 39 yds., but that ain't Carr's fault. Yes, it's somebody's fault who could've drafted Young, but it doesn't make Carr stupid and clueless. He may be, but just remember that nothing VY does should convince you that Carr is worthless.

Exactly.

HOU-TEX
12-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, let's see, if I was in DCs shoes....I would be a dream come true. Even though I wouldn't be a very good QB, I'd still be rolling in the dough. At the end of the day I'd be able to crawl in bed with his wife.:drool:

lol! JK

Texans_Chick
12-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I would not want to be in Carr's shoes for any amount of money because if I would take just one hit that he does, I would be hospitalized.

The front office is being nice to Carr and he is doing the same.

It is obvious that Carr wanted Reggie Bush on his team, for an offense that is meant to be a run first offense, and didn't get him. He has to be totally bitter about that given how woeful our run offense has been, but hasn't thrown the team under the bus.

the wonger need food
12-12-2006, 11:09 AM
remember that nothing VY does should convince you that Carr is worthless.

We have 5 seasons of football to convince us of that...

TK_Gamer
12-12-2006, 11:15 AM
if i was in carr's shoes I would ask to be traded. you think it's all him? I cant wait to see what he does with a new team. and I cant wait to see what our NEW QB does with our offensive line. we should do it next year and get it over with. after all hits Carr has taken while our FO screws up over and over, we owe David Carr a trade.

austintexanite
12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
A lot of interesting points made, and I think Kubiak should give him a lil more freedom, or at least let him line up in shotgun and give him the opportunity to see the routes a bit better. I agree with TexansChick, where Carr wanted Reggie and he feels screwed. He's being nice, but DD has never lasted a complete season and Carr prolly feels that having him could've made things better for the team. Either way, ain't no point in cryin over spilled milk.

santo
12-12-2006, 11:24 AM
...It is obvious that Carr wanted Reggie Bush on his team, for an offense that is meant to be a run first offense, and didn't get him. He has to be totally bitter about that given how woeful our run offense has been, but hasn't thrown the team under the bus.

That or also being bitter that they didn't take D'Brickashaw Ferguson...:hides:

thunderkyss
12-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Just think how different we'd feel about him right now if AJ caught those passes, our secondary didn't blow it on that one touchdown run around the end, and (if even necessary) our D didn't open up wide (or bend over) for VY to run right up the gut for 39 yards on the final play of the game. How much of that is David's fault? I haven't even mentioned the inadequate pass protection.

Personally, I'd still be on him. It's nice to have a reciever that can make a play.... but to have to make a play everytime the ball is thrown your way is ridiculous.

Do I blame David for Vince running 39 yards for the win.... of course not. I blame David for dumping it off all game, and underthrowing Andre when he had him in the endzone, and on the sideline.

I blame Owen for not thinking his QB was going to throw him the ball.

I blame Carr again, for dumping the ball on 3rd & 9, when a first down would have put us in position to win the game outright, and not have to worry about overtime.

I blame AJ for trying to get to the sideline on that pass, on 3rd down, with 2 minutes left in the 4th Qtr...

Owen screwed up.... AJ screwed up..... Pitts got ran over.. RonDayne came up short.... Demeco missed a play...... & Mario got juked.... But David didn't take up the slack, and make the plays.

VandenBosh didn't show up.... Bullocks failed to stop Dayne... Mawae had his hands full.... Benette dropped two balls.... Shaife wasn't there.... Vince picked up the slack, & made the plays that needed to be made.

I'm not trying to get all into the whole season, but I think Carr played a good game Sunday. We don't like all the dump-offs, but who's open?

Again... if he can underthrow the ball..... someone's open.

Remember Bennette's second drop, when Dunta had him covered well... Vince threw the ball behind Bennette, where only he can make a play?? he's a rookie doing things our 5 year starter hadn't figured out yet......

If they get open, are they gonna catch it? Nobody trusts Carr to audible, but when he called his own plays, which is more responsibility, we had our best passing performances ever.

two plays this past year have demonstrated to me why DavidCarr doesn't audible.

1)against Dallas, we have Owen lined up wide to the right. Greg Ellis is covering him. The play is a run to the right. David looks at the Defense, looks at Owen, motions him to the RT, then gets under center, takes the snap, hands it off, and Greg Ellis makes the tackle.

he didn't even have to audible. all he had to do, was leave Owen(& Greg Ellis out there on the sideline.) Greg Ellis on Owen Daniels is a mismatch in our favor, on a pass play.... split out wide right. It's a mismatch in Dallas' favor on a run play with Owen blocking on the play side.

2)against Oakland.... the play was an end around to AJ. There is a linebacker lined up over our TE. David motions him to the side away from the play..... the safety goes with him..... leaving the linebacker who was lined up over our TE unblocked. David doesn't see a problem with this. he calls for the snap, we fake to the right, AJ comes around, and what do you know.... a Linebaker takes him down for a loss.

In the first instance.. David doesn't even need to call an audible... he just needs to not motion the TE to the RT. doing so is stupid, and demonstrats a lack of football understanding.

The second.... after David sees the safety going with the TE, and not the LB.... what the heck does he think that LB is doing overthere??

Just my opinion, but I think old AJ needs to take those cool lookin' gloves off his millionaire hands and catch the freakin' football.

Yeah, that would help too.

NATHANHALE
12-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Actually, in limited action (two halves last year), he showed more promise doing just that than at any other point over the last 2.5 years. I'm not saying he can do it, but I think he's at least shown enough where you can't say with certainty that he cannot.

Moot point anyway.

...do you remember which games those were?,,,thanks

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 12:37 PM

If I am not mistaken it was the Cardinals.

powerfuldragon
12-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd like to be in his shoes. If i were, i'd apologize to the city of houston for wasting their time.

Kaiser Toro
12-12-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd like to be in his shoes. If i were, i'd apologize to the city of houston for wasting their time.

I hate shoeless apologists. :)

dtran04
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I would have begged and heckled managment all day to get some talent on the O-line. The man is lucky to not have been seriously injured for 5 years (whether its his fault or the o-line's fault).

eriadoc
12-12-2006, 01:22 PM
If I am not mistaken it was the Cardinals.

Cards for sure and I believe the first half of the Rams game, in which we put up 24 points or close.

the wonger need food
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Arizona and St. Louis. He audibled to a run on just about every play and they moved the ball successfully.

dtran04
12-12-2006, 02:03 PM
I remember him slinging it all over the field (hyperbole) and then after halftime losing his playcalling ability. We then proceed to lose the game.

eriadoc
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Arizona and St. Louis. He audibled to a run on just about every play and they moved the ball successfully.

He was 27-33 for 293 yards and 3 TDs (1 INT) in the StL game. In the first half, where he called the plays, he passed for 171 yards, 3 TDs, and ran for 38 yards. Those run plays must have been really great in order for him to get all that. In the Cards game, he did about what you're saying, so maybe you just choose to forget the good things. Objectivity is your friend.

1-10-HOU32 (14:53) D.Davis up the middle to HST 36 for 4 yards (T.Faulk, A.Hargrove).
2-6-HOU36 (14:17) D.Davis right guard to HST 35 for -1 yards (D.Coakley, R.Pickett).
3-7-HOU35 (13:37) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney. (QB Hit.)
4-7-HOU35 (13:32) C.Stanley punts 30 yards to SL 35, Center-B.Pittman, downed by HST-R.Walker. (Punt hang time 4.8 seconds.)

Houston Texans at 11:23
1-10-HOU11 (11:23) D.Carr pass incomplete to J.Gaffney (P.Tinoisamoa).
2-10-HOU11 (11:17) D.Davis right guard to HST 15 for 4 yards (D.Lewis, T.Faulk).
3-6-HOU15 (10:37) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to J.Gaffney to HST 24 for 9 yards (A.Hargrove, B.Chillar). (3 yards after catch.)
1-10-HOU24 (9:55) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson pushed ob at SL 43 for 33 yards (Jerome.Carter). (8 yards after catch.)
1-10-STL43 (9:26) D.Davis up the middle to SL 39 for 4 yards (J.Kennedy).
2-6-STL39 (8:46) D.Davis left guard to SL 26 for 13 yards (M.Furrey, Jerome.Carter).
1-10-STL26 (8:03) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson pushed ob at SL 15 for 11 yards (B.Chillar). (7 yards after catch.)
1-10-STL15 (7:25) J.Wells left guard to SL 5 for 10 yards (M.Furrey).
1-5-STL5 (6:40) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. (6 yards after catch.)
K.Brown extra point is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley.
STL 0 HOU 7, Plays: 9 Yards: 89 Possession: 4:48.

Houston Texans at 06:35
K.Brown kicks 62 yards from HST 30 to SL 8. T.Fair to SL 22 for 14 yards (M.Rivers).

Houston Texans at 02:07
1-10-HOU33 (2:07) D.Davis up the middle to HST 38 for 5 yards (Jerome.Carter).
2-5-HOU38 (1:31) D.Davis up the middle to HST 40 for 2 yards (P.Tinoisamoa).
3-3-HOU40 (:54) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to HST 46 for 6 yards (Jerome.Carter, B.Chillar). (5 yards after catch.)
1-10-HOU46 (:05) PENALTY on HST-A.Johnson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at HST 46 - No Play.
Second Quarter
Houston Texans continued...
1-15-HOU41 (15:00) D.Davis left guard to HST 41 for no gain (L.Little, R.Pickett).
2-15-HOU41 (14:24) D.Carr pass to D.Davis to HST 47 for 6 yards (B.Chillar, C.Ivy). (4 yards after catch.)
3-9-HOU47 (13:40) (Shotgun) D.Carr up the middle to SL 43 for 10 yards (Jerome.Carter).
1-10-STL43 (12:57) D.Carr right end to SL 31 for 12 yards (R.Bartell).SL-R.Bartell was injured during the play.
1-10-STL31 (12:25) D.Davis right guard to SL 30 for 1 yard (B.Green).
2-9-STL30 (11:47) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson (M.Furrey).
3-9-STL30 (11:40) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to D.Davis for 30 yards, TOUCHDOWN. (QB Hit; 14 yards after catch.)
STL 0 HOU 14, Plays: 10 Yards: 67 Possession: 5:34.

Houston Texans at 11:33
K.Brown kicks 67 yards from HST 30 to SL 3. T.Fair to SL 24 for 21 yards (R.Walker).

Houston Texans at 10:07
1-10-HOU35 (10:07) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford to HST 44 for 9 yards (R.Bartell). (3 yards after catch.)
2-1-HOU44 (9:28) D.Davis left guard to HST 45 for 1 yard (T.Faulk).
1-10-HOU45 (8:41) D.Carr pass incomplete to A.Johnson (C.Johnson).
2-10-HOU45 (8:35) D.Davis up the middle to HST 45 for no gain (L.Little, J.Kennedy).
3-10-HOU45 (7:56) (Shotgun) D.Carr pass to J.Wells to SL 36 for 19 yards (Jerome.Carter). (17 yards after catch.)
1-10-STL36 (7:05) D.Davis pass incomplete to J.Gaffney (M.Furrey). (Halfback option pass.)
2-10-STL36 (6:58) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson to SL 24 for 12 yards (R.Bartell). (4 yards after catch.)
1-10-STL24 (6:16) D.Davis right guard to SL 22 for 2 yards (T.Faulk, P.Tinoisamoa).
2-8-STL22 (5:35) D.Carr left end ran ob at SL 16 for 6 yards (P.Tinoisamoa).
3-2-STL16 (5:00) D.Carr sacked at SL 21 for -5 yards (R.Pickett).
4-7-STL21 (4:29) K.Brown 39 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley.
STL 0 HOU 17, Plays: 11 Yards: 44 Possession: 5:42.

Houston Texans at 04:25
K.Brown kicks 70 yards from HST 30 to end zone, Touchback.

Houston Texans at 00:45
1-10-STL29 (:45) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson pushed ob at SL 24 for 5 yards (C.Johnson). (No yards after catch.)
2-5-STL24 (:39) D.Carr pass to A.Johnson ran ob at SL 8 for 16 yards (C.Johnson). (No yards after catch.)
1-8-STL8 (:34) D.Davis left guard to SL 10 for -2 yards (C.Ivy).
2-10-STL10 (:29) D.Carr pass to C.Bradford for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
STL 3 HOU 24, Plays: 4 Yards: 29 Possession: 0:38.

Houston Texans at 00:20
K.Brown kicks 70 yards from HST 30 to end zone, Touchback.

FirstTexansFan
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't think we can be in Carr's shoes, he's been knocked out of them :)

TexansSeminole
12-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I'd be happy as heck because I would be receiving millions of dollars for being below average at my job.

HJam72
12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
I would not want to be in Carr's shoes for any amount of money because if I would take just one hit that he does, I would be hospitalized.

The front office is being nice to Carr and he is doing the same.

It is obvious that Carr wanted Reggie Bush on his team, for an offense that is meant to be a run first offense, and didn't get him. He has to be totally bitter about that given how woeful our run offense has been, but hasn't thrown the team under the bus.

All good points, but you wouldn't care about sleeping with his wife. :)