PDA

View Full Version : A "Thank You" to all the bandwagon fans

GP
12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I scanned the titles of the threads, and it's pretty pathetic of you. How many other teams have beaten us this year, especially with their arm and not their legs?

I didn't even bother to read any of the posts in the threads. I would have thrown my keyboard against the wall by now if I had. Instead, if you are getting pee-o'd at me right now...just look back at the thread titles and tell me how many are crybaby threads. Almost all of them. I guess this is the place you go to cry about a loss. You make people like me desire to stay away for a week.

Because Vince Young was passed over, and he won a game today (in overtime, by the way...and on the coin flip, but the way) you are all whining about our PATHETIC team. Go cheer for some other team rather than trying to dismantle OURS. Oh, I know: I'm a homer and you are the keen observer sitting high above in your watchtower, armed with a laser scope for this team that is in such desparate need of your critiques. Whatever.

You're more worried about a fluke play and thinking that it defines our entire legacy. Oh no! We're cursed now. Boogah-boogah-boogah!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thrilled to watch that game: No big mistakes except a dropped ball in the end zone, which I am sure TK will remind me that DC did not place the ball correctly for Mr. Perfect. Our kicker kicked clutch FGs: That was nice. Our special teams played lights out until the very end. Our defense stifled VY all day and chose an outside blitz at the wrong time. At least we went all out at them, that's what I cared about. Ron Dayne is the man against teams that have a soft run defense. We went for it on a key 4th down and easily made it. We had pretty much no mistakes except for some early penalties...but we calmed down and controlled most of the game.

And I guess because the other team happened to win, all of that is negated.

That's too bad. From where I watched the game, it was fun to watch. Better than a bunch of turnovers and a sloppy game like last time.

Bongo59
12-10-2006, 07:35 PM
dude passing on VY gives any Texan fan the right to complain.............frankly the FO deserves it.

GP
And by the way, the all powerful Patriots lost today and didn't score a single point.

How on earth does that happen?

It must be THE END for the Patriots.

:shades:

Texan Asylum
I thought it was one of our better games. There were some problems, but we did play a pretty good game. After today's game, I became a Vince Young fan. He's gonna be fun to watch over the next number of years. :)

kfranco_utexas
When has this team been good to call them bandwagon fans?:secret:

Napa Auto Parts
12-10-2006, 07:37 PM
i knew all along Vince was going to own us but i dont think i posted it but look at the bright side we are going to get a decent draft pick and hopefully we wont pass up on a future superstar this time.

Texan Asylum
12-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Oh, and by the way...I might like Vince Young, but that don't translate into any love for the Titans!

Johnny Utah
12-10-2006, 07:43 PM
VY seems to make a lot of fluke plays.

ledzeppelin229
12-10-2006, 07:44 PM
When has this team been good to call them bandwagon fans?:secret:

They will be identified as 'bandwagon' if they come out of the woodwork when the Texans start winning. It might be next season, might be a decade from now. And I really don't have a problem with the currently "apathetic" fan. It's the ones that cheered for the Texans before Vince went to the Titans and now have spilled their milk and crapped their pants at the same time and want to make sure everyone in Houston is aware of it. Anyone that is currently Titans > Texans can stay there. The fortunate thing is that because Vince's presence guarantees wins, playoffs, an Super Bowls, I hopefully won't have to see most of you more than twice a year as you cling to the winning Titans.

houstonhurricane
12-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Seriously, get off of your "high-horse." If some of the fans are extremely frustrated after five long seasons of losing, who can blame them? We pay a great deal of money to watch the product that this franchise puts out, and, quite frankly, it has not been very good. Today was another in a long line of troubling losses...

Why do you call folks "bandwagon" fans when they are upset at the moves that the team has made and/or when they lose? Just because you may disagree with their opinion doesn't make you right or them "fairweather." Each and every true "Texans' fan" has the right to voice their displeasure at yet another losing season.

TexanBacker93
12-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't think the team is cursed and I'm not afraid that we'll have to live with this twice a year for the next 10 years. I don't wish we could go back and redo the draft. If we did, DeMeco would definitely be drafted high in the first. No matter how well the team plays at times it's still obvious that they still need to improve in many areas.

Bongo59
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
as much as you all hate Bud one thing you all have to admit...............he drafted the two best Texas products in trading up for Earl and now getting VY dropped in his lap..............he made our FO take him so old Bud is having his just due

Scott D
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
And by the way, the all powerful Patriots lost today and didn't score a single point.

That means the Texans are going to be lunch for the Patriots. Now the Patriots are mad and they're going to take it out on us. We, on the other hand, know for a fact that the Texans can't win anyway, so why try?

Second Honeymoon
12-10-2006, 09:26 PM
I scanned the titles of the threads, and it's pretty pathetic of you. How many other teams have beaten us this year, especially with their arm and not their legs?

I didn't even bother to read any of the posts in the threads. I would have thrown my keyboard against the wall by now if I had. Instead, if you are getting pee-o'd at me right now...just look back at the thread titles and tell me how many are crybaby threads. Almost all of them. I guess this is the place you go to cry about a loss. You make people like me desire to stay away for a week.

Because Vince Young was passed over, and he won a game today (in overtime, by the way...and on the coin flip, but the way) you are all whining about our PATHETIC team. Go cheer for some other team rather than trying to dismantle OURS. Oh, I know: I'm a homer and you are the keen observer sitting high above in your watchtower, armed with a laser scope for this team that is in such desparate need of your critiques. Whatever.

You're more worried about a fluke play and thinking that it defines our entire legacy. Oh no! We're cursed now. Boogah-boogah-boogah!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thrilled to watch that game: No big mistakes except a dropped ball in the end zone, which I am sure TK will remind me that DC did not place the ball correctly for Mr. Perfect. Our kicker kicked clutch FGs: That was nice. Our special teams played lights out until the very end. Our defense stifled VY all day and chose an outside blitz at the wrong time. At least we went all out at them, that's what I cared about. Ron Dayne is the man against teams that have a soft run defense. We went for it on a key 4th down and easily made it. We had pretty much no mistakes except for some early penalties...but we calmed down and controlled most of the game.

That's too bad. From where I watched the game, it was fun to watch. Better than a bunch of turnovers and a sloppy game like last time.

ignorance is bliss

TNTitan
12-10-2006, 09:31 PM
if troy smith is still there next year would you all draft him? What if...

kfranco_utexas
12-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I dont get the Vince vibe from Troy. He is an average qb, nothing special. may be good, but he is too small.:snobord:

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Its pathetic, PERIOD!!!

Let me sugar coat the loss. We did good, guys!!! Great job. We will get them next year. Consider this a building block for years to come. Learn from your mistakes. Everything is fine and dandy. Carr is the mann. If it wasn't for opposing defenses he would be a pro bowler!!!

Is that what makes a real fan? It isn't about the money i spend on tickets. It isn't about passing on VY and Bush. It's about winning and are the Texans showing improvement. The defense has holes. It's better, but it has holes. Everything i read is the frustration of a fan. A real Fan. I am not going to sit here and put some sugar on a loss. The Titans played bad, and we played worse.

It is Pathetic to sugar coat this.

White Runningback
12-10-2006, 09:46 PM

no, the pats actually mix in a win and win the superbowl every now and then.

Ihategeeks
12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
You're the Texans, you don't have bandwagon fans.

kbourda
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Cat, are you serious?

Nashville-Titan
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
You had me at "Thank You" :shades:

Wolf
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I almost wish some posters would go buy madden 2007 and draft VY, then play the season out. Maybe that would take the sting out of the multiple gameday threads that appear over and over about the same topic.

Spled
12-10-2006, 11:26 PM
We've lost a lot of close games this year. We're not that far off if people would just stop panicking.

Janus3
12-11-2006, 03:11 AM

yes. you are the man. tell it like it is.

GP
12-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Seriously, get off of your "high-horse." If some of the fans are extremely frustrated after five long seasons of losing, who can blame them? We pay a great deal of money to watch the product that this franchise puts out, and, quite frankly, it has not been very good. Today was another in a long line of troubling losses...

Why do you call folks "bandwagon" fans when they are upset at the moves that the team has made and/or when they lose? Just because you may disagree with their opinion doesn't make you right or them "fairweather." Each and every true "Texans' fan" has the right to voice their displeasure at yet another losing season.

Are we the only team to lose games?

Put some perspective into it.

Your comments are the foundation of what I deem to be "bandwagon" fans.

You guys flood the boards after a loss to spew your negativity because you don't know how to deal with adveristy, therefore you jump off and on the bandwagon. Today the front office is ignorant for passing on a guy (VY) who WILL get hurt playing the way he plays....nobody as a Qb keeps that up for long, just ask Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb. And yet tomorrow when we're winning and Kerry Collins is playing Qb for the Titans our front office will all of a sudden be superstars for passing on crippled QB. As an investor, I would NEVER invest in VY's style of play. That, IMO, is a high-risk/high-reward game that Bud's going to lose at some point.

When 98% of the posts and threads are people crying about a loss, a very INSIGNIFICANT loss by the way, then that's when I say you guys don't know how to deal with losses and with adversity. Throw your hands up in the air and cry cry cry about how much money you spend and you get bologne when you paid for prime rib. Whatever. Then it's time for you to seriously re-think your affinity for sports because some days you just lose...ask Tom Brady after he got skunked by Joey Harrington and he'll say it's a game that anybody can win at any time if certain things do or do not happen in conjunction with the efforts of 50-100 people on an NFL football roster and staff.

Asking you whiners for a little PERSPECTIVE is not "getting on my high horse."

Go Texans. I love this team more today than I did before the Titans game.

Can YOU say that? Prolly not...and that's sad.

TransplantTexan1
12-11-2006, 01:34 PM
There's really no value to be found in attacking each other as fans. There's frustration to go around, and the organization knows its fanbase is disatisfied, whether they're the "sunshine pumpers" or the "haters". No one's happy. The problem, again, is that the Texans organization erred in going with Charlie Casserly, they erred with sticking with DC for a fifth year, they erred with signing Boselli, knowing in advance about the risks with his shoulder, and they erred in free agent acquisitions like with Todd Wade and trades like with Phillip Buchannon.

However, that was a different GM calling the shots with a different head coach and staff, plus a neophyte owner who had never hired anyone to run a professional sports franchise. He's learning just as some of the players on his team are learning.

Further, this is year one for Kubiak and staff as coaches, and year one for Rick Smith as the GM. Given some of the problems from a personnel standpoint that this team had/has when the new guys came in, it's going to take a year minimum for them to look at what they have and decide where they need to prioritize in terms of future moves. I'm hoping the priorities will be a) a new QB and b) a new OL.

But it goes deeper than that, as we could stand an explosive RB, a cover safety, two OLBs, two defensive tackles and a corner to go opposite Dunta.

The frustrations will linger but most of this lies at the feet of Charlie Casserly, who just didn't do a good job at the onset. If we're still shaking our heads at our roster with the same level of disgust this time next season, then, yeah, I think there's a serious problem in the organization from top to bottom.

In the meantime, I'd try to refrain from getting into fan versus fan debates. There aren't any "best fan" awards and all it does is allienate both parties.

GP
12-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Good points. And I agree for the most part.

I tend to think that I live a balanced life: I can see positives in the midst of failure, and there's nothing I can do (personally) to improve this team.

But I can, as a fan, say that I don't think it's wrong for us to pass on hundreds of guys in the draft for what our front office felt we needed: A guy who commands the o line's attention on every play, a guy who can impact the pass rush in a way that we've never seen.

And for a lot of insecure people around here who care more about what their friends or co-workers "think" , the next day at work or at the gym, then that really disheartens me to the level of anger.

Sure is fun to watch THIS team compared to last year's. But that's been lost on a lot of people because VY will forever haunt us.

(Sigh)

Go Texans.

BY THE WAY: I haven't seen "Go Texans" from the people I speak about....and you'd think they'd post it loud and proud if they are as 100% behind our team as they claim to be. It's not a part of their "objective posts" because they only care about the moment...never about the long lasting legacy that I tend to think most fans should be more aware of. NFL's going to be around for a long time, and we need to have a better perspective than what just happened last Sunday. Don't ya' think?

ToroRojo
12-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I don't think people are being bandwagon fans. People are simply tired of the monkey crap that this franchise has become. Regardless, you can't have a bandwagon fans if you never have had a bandwagon. Most fans saw what I already knew about VY. And because they felt his greatness, they know exactly how poorly the Texans chose in not taking Vince. Mario will be fine and with patience the Texans will improve to respectability, but always and at least twice a year, we will feel that festering wound that is to see a hometown hero become the hero of the team that left you.

The Texans and McNair will be forever married to the stupidity of critics and experts who looked at the individual parts of a player and deemed him unworthy, instead of looking at the only aspect that mattered; Vince Young is a leader of men, a rare breed that inspires cool confidence in the fire's den. Demeco Ryans suffered the same fate to extent. Measurables and tangibles get you Mike Mamula, film and results, playmakers and leaders, garner championships. The organization found every reason to not draft Young, and instead of realizing the immensity of his talent, their pride and a wonderlic test decided against all evidence and reason. Sadly, it is the fans who will suffer most. The franchise is a caricature of that fundamental stupidity we call pride.

I figure that the poop has gone through the fan and hit the roof in Reliant. But what the hell, things can't get much worse?

humbleone
12-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Thank you for this post...I'm glad I decided to read one more before I gave up on the MB for a few days.

Go Texans! :shades:

houstonhurricane
12-11-2006, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=gpshafer_1976;532503]Are we the only team to lose games?

Actually, I am quite confident that I spend a considerable amount more money on season tickets than you do so try that "bandwagon" crap on someone else. Secondly, you don't jump off of a bandwagon when the team is a perennial loser. Next, I never supported the Texans taking VY with the pick (however, after watching him in person for the first time yesterday, I may have been wrong); thus, I am not here to complain about that decision.

That being said, if people, including myself, want to come on this board and vent about yet another losing season...that is our right. I am not sure what the answers are to fix this organization, but I know that these past five seasons have been a movement in the wrong direction.

Thus, kiss off...

dantem
12-11-2006, 03:26 PM

Most of these rants don't seem to be voicing displeasure with the team, they sound more like extreem hatred towards single players, and most of them seem to hope for a Texans loss so they can continue there childish tantrums. It just gets real old after a while. The draft was a long time ago and cannot be changed.

If they don't want to get over it and move on, they should at least stop plaguing the rest of the Texans fans with all of thier self serving crybaby rants.

Fiddy
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Ihategeeks is right once again. We've never been good enough for bandwagon fans. Any other team sucks this much 5 years when a building process started would have the same problems with the fan base.

People want to win and experience winning...unless you are one who wants to keep David Carr, then i guess you want to be around people with nice hair.

Glacier
12-11-2006, 10:20 PM
You're more worried about a fluke play and thinking that it defines our entire legacy. Oh no! We're cursed now. Boogah-boogah-boogah!!!!!!!!!!!.

That was my favorite part of your entire post. That tells me that you don't know much about the guy you are trying to make youself feel better about not drafting.

They just showed that highlight on ESPN. He covered 46 yards in 4.7 seconds....they timed it.

If you think that is a fluke, well then, you don't know too much about the guy that your management passed on. sigh....

THe good news for you is, you do get to spend the next 10 or so years, getting to know him. I'm sure you will learn, that was no fluke but the norm for him. those of us who did want him here in Texas, already knew that though....

GP
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM

Actually, I am quite confident that I spend a considerable amount more money on season tickets than you do so try that "bandwagon" crap on someone else. Secondly, you don't jump off of a bandwagon when the team is a perennial loser. Next, I never supported the Texans taking VY with the pick (however, after watching him in person for the first time yesterday, I may have been wrong); thus, I am not here to complain about that decision.

That being said, if people, including myself, want to come on this board and vent about yet another losing season...that is our right. I am not sure what the answers are to fix this organization, but I know that these past five seasons have been a movement in the wrong direction.

Thus, kiss off...

I keep saying it over and over: You are in dire need of making a decision as to to whether you should spend your money and time on the team. That's not the team's fault, so don't lay it off on them.

At the end of the day, you're a big boy and you can make your own decisions.

So stop acting like the team "owes" you something.

You're getting everything you have paid for. Don't like what you're paying for? Then stop and leave us alone so we can at least try and enjoy it. I, for one, am tired of trying to cheer this team while people like you come here and cry about your "wasted" money. Your heart isn't in the team if you pay for it and then threaten to withhold your money or act as if it "buys" you some sort of personal privilege to throw this team under the bus.

I swear, we are a nation of people who cannot take personal responsibility for the decisions we make. What's next, you're going to sue the Texans for emotional distress?

Slow down and think about this entire conversation for a second...

Texan1
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM

You like the Texans much?

houstonhurricane
12-11-2006, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=gpshafer_1976;533616][QUOTE=houstonhurricane;532726]

I keep saying it over and over: You are in dire need of making a decision as to to whether you should spend your money and time on the team. That's not the team's fault, so don't lay it off on them.

At the end of the day, you're a big boy and you can make your own decisions.

Son, apparently you are fairly slow. I'll try to explain it to you in an easy to understand format: people have the right to come on this board and complain aobut the Texans - plain and simple. If they need to vent, then let them do it here rather than at the stadium.

And yes, I do feel that the franchise has an obligation to the fans to deliver the best product possible. After all, the NFL is a business and don't forget that.

That doesn't mean that I personally agree with what many people are saying/complaining about - as I said above I was not in favor of drafting VY. However, they have the right (and may be correct in their assessment) to continue to disagree with "our" choice.

None of this means they are bad fans or anti-Texan - that classification belongs to those folks clad in Orange sitting and cheering for VY at Reliant (were you even there?)...

If this was too complicated for you, then I sincerely apologize.

dirty steve
12-11-2006, 11:24 PM

Thus, kiss off...
why does every season ticket holder on here act as if their sacrifice is any greater than joe fan? the Texans ticket office isnt holding a gun to your head asking you to renew. there will be others to take your place who live and die with this team just like you used to. take your elitist argument somewhere else.

houstonhurricane
12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=houstonhurricane;532726]
why does every season ticket holder on here act as if their sacrifice is any greater than joe fan? the Texans ticket office isnt holding a gun to your head asking you to renew. there will be others to take your place who live and die with this team just like you used to. take your elitist argument somewhere else.

I know you must have difficulty reading, but where did I state that I was quitting on the team or threatening to give up my tickets? My comments were merely a rebuttal to someone arguing that folks are "bandwagon" fans for not being "thrilled" with the past five seasons. Since I have been with this franchise from the beginning, said information was relevant to my argument.

Why don't you take your poorly stated argument elsewhere?

NATHANHALE
12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
...another waste of bandwidth from someone that likes to read their own posts--have noticed, though, that your 'following' of posters that agree with you is almost 'nil'

shinerbock_girl
12-12-2006, 01:05 AM
dude passing on VY gives any Texan fan the right to complain.............frankly the FO deserves it.

whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mancunian
12-12-2006, 07:52 AM

aye shut out by a team the Texans beat.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-12-2006, 08:57 AM

Go ahead and dis your bandwagon fans and you'll have no fans at all - you must win consistently to develop a fan base -

BTW You're Welcome & Exactly how did you stifle VY all day long?

touttail
12-12-2006, 10:34 AM
I respect VY very much. I will always hope he is successful in the NFL and will always be pulling for him, Except 2 games each season!

Bobby 119C

TK_Gamer
12-12-2006, 10:54 AM

Thus, kiss off...

I think this is the worst part of this organization. we DO know what the main answers are, we just cant seem to do it. we have the worst offensive line in football, we allways have, we have failed to fix it since the bosselli debocle. we took some steps this year, but injuries negated the progress we made. until we can give our QB time to spread the field and do normal checkdowns we will have a handcuffed offense. our defense looks to be the bright spot for years to come. special teams is also solid. we lost DD to start the season. we lost charles spencer, mike flanigan, zach wiegart. we were forced to play winston before he was ready. it goes on and on and on. I watch us play this year and me personally, I KNOW the answers. its the same answers to the same questions. we just chose to think that ignoring the obvious and blaming david carr and a couple draft picks will explain everthing.

Texanfan4ever
12-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Good points. And I agree for the most part.

I tend to think that I live a balanced life: I can see positives in the midst of failure, and there's nothing I can do (personally) to improve this team.

But I can, as a fan, say that I don't think it's wrong for us to pass on hundreds of guys in the draft for what our front office felt we needed: A guy who commands the o line's attention on every play, a guy who can impact the pass rush in a way that we've never seen.

And for a lot of insecure people around here who care more about what their friends or co-workers "think" , the next day at work or at the gym, then that really disheartens me to the level of anger.

Sure is fun to watch THIS team compared to last year's. But that's been lost on a lot of people because VY will forever haunt us.

(Sigh)

Go Texans.

BY THE WAY: I haven't seen "Go Texans" from the people I speak about....and you'd think they'd post it loud and proud if they are as 100% behind our team as they claim to be. It's not a part of their "objective posts" because they only care about the moment...never about the long lasting legacy that I tend to think most fans should be more aware of. NFL's going to be around for a long time, and we need to have a better perspective than what just happened last Sunday. Don't ya' think?

GP, I am right there with you. If we had won the toss and scored, none of this would have been going on. Everything would be wonderful all off of an overtime play. Screw the rest of the game where as you pointed out, we did control VY and hey, how about shutting Pacman Jones down.

We did some good things. With all of the changes and injuries, we are still better than last year.

VY is great, he doesn't play here, get over it. He has!

DarkNinja
12-12-2006, 11:28 AM
The fans deserve to feel what they feel. All this time we have had Carr in office and he only improved in HEB commercials. He obvisiously wants to be Hollywood...Heck, send him back to Cali where he belongs. Just like how voters feel how George W. Bush is in office all this time to grab all the Oil/Gas in the world. Well heck he needs to go over there himself instead of keeping our men, women, and children there. None of his Paris Hilton-wanna-be-little-girls are over there fighting along with the troops. There needs to be a change for the better and its long overdue. And yes I can further discuss why we don't have Young or Bush on the roster. Its very political and its in my posts earlier this year....but thats another thread.

Double Barrel
12-12-2006, 11:51 AM

Excellent point! :thumbup

Fans of a losing team turning on each other is depressing. NONE of us have any control over what goes on the field and how they perform. Trying out 'outfan' each other is an exorcise in futility, because if you support the team, you support team, regardless if you're a koolaid-drinkin' blind homer or someone that needs to vent about these things.

I do not find anything conducive about nitpicking each other's devotion to a lost cause.

Texan_Bill
12-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Excellent point! :thumbup

Fans of a losing team turning on each other is depressing. NONE of us have any control over what goes on the field and how they perform. Trying out 'outfan' each other is an exorcise in futility, because if you support the team, you support team, regardless if you're a koolaid-drinkin' blind homer or someone that needs to vent about these things.

I do not find anything conducive about nitpicking each other's devotion to a lost cause.

I question your devotion DB.... j/k

Well put....

Honoring Earl 34
12-12-2006, 12:19 PM
We just don't know how to win . I count at least 4 games that were decided late ... what if we won all four .

I like Vince but nothings certain in this league . Vince has a ways to go before he's in the HOF ... he's fun to watch though .

We could be playoff contenders next year by getting healthy and have upgrades at three positions .