PDA

View Full Version : Dont get it???????????

amazingandre
12-10-2006, 04:16 PM
soooo many people rip carr all the time. he did play well today and yet everyone still says they dont want him here. he threw a ball to aj in the ENDZONE and he drops it. why dont you all equally hate him. or what about the whole defense letting vy run like 45 yards for a frickin td in overtime. he went 4 wide in shotgun wtf do u think he is gonna do. did they even watch game film????i mean christ i hate vy and i knew he would run it. maybe its because i live in wisconsin and dont understand why all of u are on his nuts but man. get off them already. carr played well and u need to realize it.i doubt kubs will get rid of him, epecially once he watches film.........

Scott D
12-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Out of every team we played, how many times did the opposing QB throw the long ball whether it was caught or not vs Carr in the last 6 games?

More than I can count. You figure it out. Carr can't even throw a long ball against the worst team this year, the Raiders. -5 passing yards. No excuse for that.

If you want him, he's yours. Just get him out of our franchise. I'll bet you if the backup was in there, we just might have won the game. Carr is scared back there. I see no improvement here. For the past 6 games, nothing but short passes. This is the easiest team to prepare for. VY college boys could beat this team.

HoustonFrog
12-10-2006, 04:30 PM
soooo many people rip carr all the time. he did play well today and yet everyone still says they dont want him here. he threw a ball to aj in the ENDZONE and he drops it. why dont you all equally hate him. or what about the whole defense letting vy run like 45 yards for a frickin td in overtime. he went 4 wide in shotgun wtf do u think he is gonna do. did they even watch game film????i mean christ i hate vy and i knew he would run it. maybe its because i live in wisconsin and dont understand why all of u are on his nuts but man. get off them already. carr played well and u need to realize it.i doubt kubs will get rid of him, epecially once he watches film.........

No one is putting the game all on Carr but here are the facts this far into his fifth season. With 3rd and 8 or whatever and a chance to go farther..not just take a FG to tie, the coach handed off. That right there shows their trust in Carr. He had two critical penalties(one that negated theirs) by going over the line of scrimmage. He still makes mistakes like not throwing it out of bounds. In general we don't have a QB that is a winner and who you say, "go win it for us." I'm not sure how else to put it. If you want to include dropped passes then count the one that Bennett dropped. I'm just saying that it comes down to wins and what you can do for your team. Playing to lose does nothing for our future.

The Dream
12-10-2006, 04:31 PM
read the sig.

amazingandre
12-10-2006, 04:32 PM
ya raiders suck but their d secondary doesnt. they are like 7th in the nfl. and did u see last wek vs the raiders how ****ty that rookie winston did.....come on get over it vy is good but we dont have em so let it go. i ws embarrassed as a fan to see all that vy crap on tv.....ugh.... pathetic. if i were the texans i would have played like **** the whole game to stick it up the fans rear end. that is not soemthing u do to ur team....

Johnny Utah
12-10-2006, 04:32 PM
150 yards passing. Yep. Carr's amazing.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Carr does not have time to throw deep, and Receivers CANT get open downfield anyway. Face it #80 is an average WR

D-ReK
12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
150 yards passing. Yep. Carr's amazing.

...but he had a great completion percentage!

dtran04
12-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Andre dropped 2 catchable balls today. I have no idea of what he was doing on the 3rd down play where he decided to run out of bounds. He could have at least made it 4 and inches. This is one of the few games where I can actually put alot of blame on him.

afcman
12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I really don't blame Carr. I think he's damaged mentally by the last few years. And I really think he needs time off. It may be best for HIM to go to another team. Again, I said for HIM. For his future as an NFL player.

I kind of view him as another opportunity that WE blew. He could have been a lot better here but for our coaching and draft picks. Look at Joey Harrington. Been doing OK hasn't he. Once he got out of the stinking Detroit organization.

MrMeToo
12-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Carr does not have time to throw deep, and Receivers CANT get open downfield anyway. Face it #80 is an average WR

#8 is a garbage QB.He's not even an average player...

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 04:42 PM
oh brother same excuses and we had a good offensive line today. you really got a man crush on Carr now.

Ok???

The Dream

I saw a few times today where Carr had some time and still didn't go down field.....your recievers aren't always going to be "wide open", sometimes your QB has to make plays....and Dave doesn't.

Goldeagle
#8 is a garbage QB.He's not even an average player...

Ok, we disagree thats fine. #80 sucks and you think 8 sucks. We both agree that #80 is average.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
I saw a few times today where Carr had some time and still didn't go down field.....your recievers aren't always going to be "wide open", sometimes your QB has to make plays....and Dave doesn't.

I cant argue this, and when he does #80 drops the ball. Im surprised #80 caught the shovel pass.

V Man
12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I really don't blame Carr. I think he's damaged mentally by the last few years. And I really think he needs time off. It may be best for HIM to go to another team. Again, I said for HIM. For his future as an NFL player.

I kind of view him as another opportunity that WE blew. He could have been a lot better here but for our coaching and draft picks. Look at Joey Harrington. Been doing OK hasn't he. Once he got out of the stinking Detroit organization.

I am afraid you may be right, he just doesn't look like he is mentally in it anymore. How many times have you seen 2 penalties for pass beyond the line of scrimage by the same QB in one game? I can't remember one, too me it says not in the game mentally.

Fiddy
12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Throwing 20 of 23 passes under 10 yards is far from playing well.

dantem
You figure it out. Carr can't even throw a long ball against the worst team this year, the Raiders. -5 passing yards. No excuse for that.

The raaiders have the #1 pass defense in the league..... Not the worst

Goldeagle
I am afraid you may be right, he just doesn't look like he is mentally in it anymore. How many times have you seen 2 penalties for pass beyond the line of scrimage by the same QB in one game? I can't remember one, too me it says not in the game mentally.

Thats the problem, was Carr wasted by being sacked so many times and the front office never doing anything about it? does Carr get it together next year?

The Dream
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I cant argue this, and when he does #80 drops the ball. Im surprised #80 caught the shovel pass

yeah Andre is starting to become the next T.O. with all the drops he's been having this season....hopefully he can work on that, because he has all of the skills to be a great player (he actually is a great player)

NederlandTexan
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not pro Vince, but he has IT. A winning attitude. Vince is a winner. David does not posess IT. Simply put, he's a loser.

IshouldbeGM
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
1 play sums of David Carr....our first possesion, i believe it was a 2nd or 3rd down, Carr pump fakes then just ducks his head and takes a sack. Typical Carr, no pocket presence! We can never take our offense to where it needs to be with a qb who has ZERO playmaking ability! Vince didnt have 5 or 6 seconds to throw the ball either, but he made plays! We need a qb that can make plays, im sorry...Carr is not the answer. I mean, he's tough, he's a nice guy, but he doesnt make enough plays.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok, you are an *****. Imagine what #80 would put up as far as number with a REAL NFL QB, instead of a coward.

Heh, im trying to figure out what ****** word you used their.

#80 has the tools, but he has not taken that next step. I dont care who is throwing him the ball, when he gets hit in his hands or in his "breadbasket" as one announcer said after he dropped a pass in the clutch, I question his heart and dedication.

D-ReK
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Ok, you are an *****. Imagine what #80 would put up as far as number with a REAL NFL QB, instead of a coward.

He would probably average more than 10 YPC...

Reddevil63
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Throwing 20 of 23 passes under 10 yards is far from playing well.

Ha, I was just thinking the other day I havent seen you around here in a while, I wasnt sure if you still posted. :wave:

Honoring Earl 34
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM
We pay Carr to be the solo artist and he wants to be in the choir .

kenneth24
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM

I don't think coward is a word that relates to Carr. Not intelligent possibly but not a coward.

Fiddy
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Ha, I was just thinking the other day I havent seen you around here in a while, I wasnt sure if you still posted. :wave:
Yeah, college took control of my life but the semester is over so I'm back for a little bit, lol

eriadoc
12-10-2006, 05:08 PM
No one is putting the game all on Carr.....

Unfortunately, that is a false statement. There are plenty of misguided people who put everything on the QB.

That said, Carr is not making plays to help this team win. For a myriad of reasons, he's not getting the job done. I'm not sure if Kubiak still thinks he can resurrect Carr's career, but every game gives more film to the evaluation process. Personally, I'm hoping we draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB and develop him for a year or maybe two while we upgrade the line.

I will say this, in hopes of getting people to stop harping on it -

From the game today, I counted four times all game that we had a receiver or tight end run a route in the middle of the field. Twice was a hook route in the middle, once was AJ crossing from left to right, and once was a deep pattern. The crossing pattern was complete to AJ after he crossed the field, as Carr had to slide right to avoid pressure. One completion to Putz in the middle on a hook, and Carr had linemen in his face before the route resolved itself on the deep pattern. I cannot recall what happened on the other play. Regardless, there were no other plays in which receivers went to the middle of the field for Carr to throw. I sit in the 300s level in the end zone and specifically watch the receiver patterns while the offense is on the field.

Ckw
12-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Heh, im trying to figure out what ****** word you used their.

#80 has the tools, but he has not taken that next step. I dont care who is throwing him the ball, when he gets hit in his hands or in his "breadbasket" as one announcer said after he dropped a pass in the clutch, I question his heart and dedication.

Totally agree. No one is without blame. I think Johnson wants out of here. And if that's the case, I say let him go. If his hearts not in it, he's a cancer to the team. And if he does like the team and wants to do his best to turn us into a winner, great. I'd love to have him on our team but if he's not going to do his best every game, send him packing.

Ckw
12-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Unfortunately, that is a false statement. There are plenty of misguided people who put everything on the QB.

That said, Carr is not making plays to help this team win. For a myriad of reasons, he's not getting the job done. I'm not sure if Kubiak still thinks he can resurrect Carr's career, but every game gives more film to the evaluation process. Personally, I'm hoping we draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB and develop him for a year or maybe two while we upgrade the line.

From the game today, I counted four times all game that we had a receiver or tight end run a route in the middle of the field. Twice was a hook route in the middle, once was AJ crossing from left to right, and once was a deep pattern. The crossing pattern was complete to AJ after he crossed the field, as Carr had to slide right to avoid pressure. One completion to Putz in the middle on a hook, and Carr had linemen in his face before the route resolved itself on the deep pattern. I cannot recall what happened on the other play. Regardless, there were no other plays in which receivers went to the middle of the field for Carr to throw. I sit in the 300s level in the end zone and specifically watch the receiver patterns while the offense is on the field.
Well said but I can't give rep to you again.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Totally agree. No one is without blame. I think Johnson wants out of here. And if that's the case, I say let him go. If his hearts not in it, he's a cancer to the team. And if he does like the team and wants to do his best to turn us into a winner, great. I'd love to have him on our team but if he's not going to do his best every game, send him packing.

I question if AJ and Carr have a good Relationship? Last week Kubiak was yelling at AJ and AJ was doing the Bledsoe/Carr "grab the collar" thing near the end of the game (after Kubiak seemed to be yelling at him).

wolfscar
12-10-2006, 05:16 PM
We pay Carr to be the solo artist and he wants to be in the choir .

That's the heart of it. Carr is not bad - he's pretty good. He's not spectacular though, and he gets paid spectacular player wages.

My ideal scenario would be for him to take a pay cut and stay on next year with a genuine prospect brought in to keep him honest. Then we could use all that cap room to sign people like Samuel, Briggs, June, maybe Schaub and some big time draftees. We should start a petition. :tearup:

Imatexanfan
12-10-2006, 05:16 PM

The bashers blame him because he's the QB just like in high school and college. The QB's going to be to blame regardless if a WR (AJ) drops a TD pass.:spy:

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 05:17 PM
That's the heart of it. Carr is not bad - he's pretty good. He's not spectacular though, and he gets paid spectacular player wages.

My ideal scenario would be for him to take a pay cut and stay on next year with a genuine prospect brought in to keep him honest. Then we could use all that cap room to sign people like Samuel, Briggs, June, maybe Schaub and some big time draftees. We should start a petition. :tearup:

If it is for some GOOD O-lineman I'll sign. Im a Carr fan, but I dont care who is back there, we need to quit dancing around and fix the O-line

wolfscar
12-10-2006, 05:26 PM

Yes - well said. And I don't think we'd be hearing anywhere near as much about it if Carr wasn't a former no.1 overall pick in his fifth year getting paid major dollars.

The thing is though, he is not being given the plays that a no.1 overall pick in his fifth year gets. Is he ready for that kind of control? No, but at the moment he's being handcuffed to an ultra conservative playbook and is working behind the worst O-Line in the league.

Is Carr perfect? Absolutely not. Is he trash? At this point, I don't think anyone's in a position to say one way or the other. We're not seeing David Carr here; we're seeing what Kubiak is asking of Carr. I would say that he's doing what is being asked of him well right now. Good completion rate, low interception numbers. I'd just like to see some more being asked of the guy. He's there to do a job. You gotta let him do it - otherwise, why's he out there getting smacked by the D-Line every week?

the wonger need food
12-10-2006, 05:41 PM
soooo many people rip carr all the time. he did play well today and yet everyone still says they dont want him here.

140 yards, no TD's and 2 ridiculous penalties for throwing the ball when past the line of scrimmage? We're paying the guy $13 milliion this season to play this well against one of the worst defenses in the league? Not to mention that we wasted our first overall pick on him.

Some of you people are completely out of your friggin' minds.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 05:43 PM
140 yards, no TD's and 2 ridiculous penalties for throwing the ball when past the line of scrimmage? We're paying the guy $13 milliion this season to play this well against one of the worst defenses in the league? Not to mention that we wasted our first overall pick on him.

Some of you people are completely out of your friggin' minds.

Remember, its not about his stats!

edo783
12-10-2006, 05:48 PM
If it is for some GOOD O-lineman I'll sign. Im a Carr fan, but I dont care who is back there, we need to quit dancing around and fix the O-line

And for how many years have we been saying that and it's like EVERYONE in the whole freaking nation knows our O-line isn't even good enough to be called the "Dogs Breakfast", but we never seem to get a handle on it. We made some strides this year and then....wahm...3/5 ths of the line is out injured and thing really head south. With some luck, our guys come back strong and we pick up/draft a couple of other NFL worthy O-lineman and things take off next year.

houstonhurricane
12-10-2006, 05:49 PM

That pass to AJ in the endzone was severely underthrown...what game were you watching? 150 yards and no TD's is not a "good" day for any NFL quarterback.

amazingandre
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
give me a break it was underthrown.......it hit him in the hands........i think aj is the shiznit but come on u dont drop one like that....and the 2nd "illegl shovel pass" wasbogus...even the announcers thought so e was behind the line but w/e we need to end the year and get our oline better and have our starters back....bottom line

texpa
12-10-2006, 07:17 PM
read the sig.

he would not suck if the refs would let him throw the ball when he gets passed the line of scrimmage i mean he only did it twice -i went to 2 high school games this weekend and not 1 high school qb went the line--carr probowl player

thunderkyss
12-10-2006, 07:29 PM
soooo many people rip carr all the time. he did play well today and yet everyone still says they dont want him here.

17/23 for 140 yds..... 0TDs 0INts

That's the kind of game you expect a rookie to have on a good day.

Tell you what..... Let's offer either Andre or David up for trade.

the cost will be 1 first round pick, regardless which guy they pick.

It won't be 5 minutes before we get 32 bids.

But I bet David Carr would still be a Texan after the deal is done.

thunderkyss
12-10-2006, 07:32 PM
give me a break it was underthrown.......it hit him in the hands........i think aj is the shiznit but come on u dont drop one like that....and the 2nd "illegl shovel pass" wasbogus...even the announcers thought so e was behind the line but w/e we need to end the year and get our oline better and have our starters back....bottom line

hit him in the hands??

It only hit him in the hands because he is better than averae. Had he been joeschmo, that would have been a pick.....

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 07:36 PM
17/23 for 140 yds..... 0TDs 0INts

Now now, We cant use Carrs good stats to praise him, so lets not point out his bad stats (not that they are not all that bad)

thunderkyss
12-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Now now, We cant use Carrs good stats to praise him, so lets not point out his bad stats (not that they are not all that bad)

which good stats are you talking about??

No one even has Carr on their Fantasy team with all his good stats, because his good stats don't mean diddly.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 08:01 PM
which good stats are you talking about??

No one even has Carr on their Fantasy team with all his good stats, because his good stats don't mean diddly.

Heh, now i get it, its about FANTASY football with you.

*Opens door to real world*

Please sir, come in. :tease:

TSgt.Texan
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Can he (DC) hit a receiver in stride? ever time he goes deep it is always short. On the play action play he had the tight end wide open and missed bad. Even with all this said I can't put all the blame on him this time, I have to put some of this on Kub. Why did we get away from Great Dayne he was killing them!!

Mr teX
12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm not pro Vince, but he has IT. A winning attitude. Vince is a winner. David does not posess IT. Simply put, he's a loser.

Yeah, so lets get someone else in here & ruin him too. Games are won in the trenches, Our o-line has been sub par from day 1 of DC's career here in Houston. He's damaged goods, but who's responsible for that? I said it here many times, he just needs to go somewhere else & get a change of scenery so everyone else here on this board can see that we are extremely deficient up there on the o-line.

I've played the position, & i will never blame Carr for what he's had to deal with his entire career here. Every year except for this year, The Organization neglects what a QB needs most to succeed.