PDA

View Full Version : tackling on defense today

kenneth24
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
The Texans defense need to work on some simple fundamentals such as tackling! WRAP UP! when you hit the guy wrap him up instead of expecting him to fall down just because you whacked him! There were sooooo many missed tackles in todays game. Travis Henry shed so many of our blockers today getting many yards after contact.

Do you smell that? Something cooking in the kitchen? Nope, its just Dunta getting burned again! Dunta might be in the area but there is too much daylight between him and the receivers.

Special teams....GREAT game til the last 2 kickoffs! The one we should have recovered was a stupid penalty and should be changed to if kicker touches the ball last instead of kicking team but the last return by Pacman was too much to give up in that situation.

Offense was nothing spectacular but did put up 20 points which should be average. Carr took a dumb sack in the beginning of the game when he pump faked and then caved under but didn't make any mistakes except for TWICE losing where he was on the field. He put 2 catchable balls in Andre's hands again today and one was in the endzone that should have been caught. Both would have been nice gains. OLine did a good job today on pass protection and run blocking with Dayne doing a great job of hitting the holes.

edo783
12-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I saw the name of the thread and wonderd what defense the thread was going to be about.

Grid
12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Our defense played fairly well, and tackled fairly well.. until the Titans decided they really needed to score, then we laid down and exposed our necks.

TexSon
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I don't know what it is with Robinson and Bennet, but Bennet just kills him every time we play the Titans.

hot pickle
12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't know what it is with Robinson and Bennet, but Bennet just kills him every time we play the Titans.

dunta had pretty good coverage on drew most of the time, but drew has some good hands, ill give him that

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Looked like the D just got tired and lazy after the half. Missed tackles, bad coverage and a few bad calls.

TheRealJoker
12-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Our defense sorely needs a veteran to keep everyone in line. We need a leader who has been around like Rodney Harrison from the Patriots. Right now our defense is just really young.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Our defense sorely needs a veteran to keep everyone in line. We need a leader who has been around like Rodney Harrison from the Patriots. Right now our defense is just really young.

DO you think Demeco, even though having 1 year under his belt can be that guy next year?

Grid
12-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I think we are going to continue building our Defense through the draft.. if DeMeco isnt the "hands down" leader by next year, he will be the year after.

TNTitan
12-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I think your defense played very well except one play.