PDA

View Full Version : Why did we stop running Dayne?

gg no re
12-10-2006, 03:50 PM
He was tearing it up.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Have no clue, he must have needed oxygen!

bigcarlos
12-10-2006, 03:56 PM
He ran out of gas:lightbulb:

wolfscar
12-10-2006, 03:57 PM
That's what I want to know - forget all this crap about why Carr wasn't passing with a minute to go on our own 6 yard line - why the hell didn't we give it to a RB and see if he can break a long one? That's just nuts.

How the hell do you give up 39 yards rushing to a QB on 3rd and 14, outside field goal range, in OT? Damn that was painful. :brickwall

gg no re
12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
On the Daniels pass, had Carr placed it right, I believe it would have been the game killer right there. I think that call was a good one, but I hated most of the other passing plays that were called when we held the 8-pt lead.

I don't know if Kubiak wanted to try to win the game with Carr's arm for the sake of Carr's confidence, but I was upset that he abandoned what was a successful ground game.

houstonhurricane
12-10-2006, 05:53 PM
Exactly, what I was thinking. I didn't like the play when they attempted the long pass to Daniels on 2nd Down. They had been running so well in a close game. I felt they should have run on that down and the next until they would have worn down the Titans Defense. Oh well, it didn't happen, but the Texans did play well even if the Vince Young fans can't see that. They lost in overtime for goodness sakes. That should mean that they were competitive with the Titans. If Vince Young was as good as some posters would have us believe then the game would have been over at Halftime and Vince would have sat out the Fourth Quarter.

If you are happy because we "stayed close" with the Titans you need to reset your expectations. First, we were favored to win this game. Second, we lost to a rookie qb. Third, the offense was putrid. Fourth, I hate VY, but now regret us passing on him. Lastly, the Titans look like a franchise headed in the right direction...we don't.

MrMeToo
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Have no clue, he must have needed oxygen!

lol.

Goldeagle
12-10-2006, 05:57 PM
I sure would have liked to have seen Taylor get a few carries...I hate to say it, not like we got something to play for this year.

CMax
12-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Why did they stop running Dayne?

Cause it was working.

houstonhurricane
12-10-2006, 06:01 PM
The initial line had the Texans favored by 1.5 points, but the line was even before kickoff. I wanted to win in the worst way. Next week is going to suck having to listen to all the Carr-hating Vince-loving co-workers crap.

That is so true...

edo783
12-10-2006, 06:55 PM
On the Daniels pass, had Carr placed it right,

If you watch the replay, Daniels was knocked off his route and slipped a bit and that threw the timing off. In the NFL, the ball is thrown to a spot and if the guy is late, it looks long. I agree though that the game would have taken a positive turn our way if they had hooked up or if AJ held onto the endzone ball.