PDA

View Full Version : A very objective evaluation of the top 2006 rookies

nunusguy
12-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Unlike Bush, there are fewer reasons to think that Williams won’t become a force in the NFL. Bush is somewhat small for a running back and he doesn’t have the monster legs you associate with long careers and durability. It may turn out that he becomes a receiver rather than a running back, which wouldn’t be a bad way to use him, as this year’s stats show.
Williams, on the other hand, is built like Julius Peppers only a little heavier and with the same speed. He’s an awesome physical specimen who has shown played fairly solidly — if not spectacularly — and has played through injury. The Texans’ lousy record isn’t his fault, but, then, the Saints impressive record isn’t Bush’s fault, either.
So down in Houston, the debate really isn’t whether the home team should have taken Bush. It’s whether the team should be flogged for not taking Vince Young, the University of Texas quarterback who’s starting to do more for the Titans than Williams and Bush are doing put together. Those who are asking that question could be on to something.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16101518/

dtran04
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow I must say I am surprised. That's a pretty spot on article.

TNTitan
12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
anyone judging mario or bush now this early is way off either way

aj.
12-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Williams, on the other hand, is built like Julius Peppers only a little heavier and with the same speed.

I wish these comparisons would stop.

Both have great speed and can play sideline to sideline but I see them as very different players. Mario is thicker and has more raw power making him a more effective bull rusher than Peppers. Peppers has more edge quickness/explosiveness and is more agile. Both are distruptive but in different ways.