PDA

View Full Version : bud must be happy

utahmark
12-09-2006, 12:33 PM
all you guys who go to the stadium and root for vince or just playing right into his hands. isnt he the guy who took our team away. the one we all hate. some of you guys might root for the devil if vince was on his team.

me ill stick with my texans.

travfrancis
12-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Speaks to the power of VY huh? It ultimately was Bob McNair's decision, he gambled and lost big.

Nashville-Titan
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
bud is very happy. :dance3:

dtran04
12-09-2006, 12:56 PM
bud is very happy. :dance3:

Until the stadium isn't good enough for him.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I cheer for Vince not Bud, just because I dislike Adams doesn't mean I have to hold it against all of the players.....I cheered for McNair, George, Matthews, etc. when they played for the Titans and Sunday I'll be cheering for Vince.

axman40
12-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Here is Bud laughing at you!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tyd5Gb63pt8

:cowboy1:

MrMeToo
12-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Bud is happy because he has Vince...

jteg25
12-09-2006, 02:16 PM
buds happy b/c even though he screwed us and took our old team...he still has alot of this town giving him their money.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Bud is happy because he went against the advice of his HC and OC, just to stick it to the city that made him rich and fat... the one benefit he didn't count on was being able to manipulate sooooo many supposed Texans fans in to buying what he is selling. He wasn't aware how many people would actually be willing to kiss his ***** only 10 years after he screwed this city.

Double Barrel
12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Bud Adams is a bad, bad man. Very, very bad. :whistle:

jteg25
12-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Tell me what you think houston....

The Dream
12-09-2006, 02:34 PM
I hate David Carr more, but yeah my guess is if you took a poll that Bud would be at the top of the list.

brewhaus
12-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Tell me what you think houston....

I think your avatar should say Bud Admans, not Cowboys. At least, not this week.

jteg25
12-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Come on Houston..show me how you fell

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Since the word "hate" is pretty serious, I can say that I "hate" two Houston sports people equally:
Bud Adams and John McMullen -or- John McMullen and Bud Adams

infantrycak
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Dude--we don't need multiple Bud Adams threads. After a couple minutes, this one is going to get merged like the other one.

eriadoc
12-09-2006, 02:45 PM
He might be the most hated at the moment, but a few posters here are climbing the charts.

Double Barrel
12-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Bud is a football god

http://blog.terrorpilot.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/vomit-smiley-020.gif

Texans_Chick
12-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I hate David Carr more, but yeah my guess is if you took a poll that Bud would be at the top of the list.

You hate him why? By most accounts, he is a pretty good guy.

He didn't chose to be picked first. He wasn't responsible for the personnel around him. I'm sure that in the big scheme of things he would have liked to be the first pick in a draft that didn't involve an expansion franchise.

He's been tough, and hasn't broken.

If you are going to hate anyone, hate the football people who believed it was a good idea to pick a QB #1 for an expansion franchise, and surround him with project linemen and inexperienced receivers.

OzzO
12-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Nothing against the team nor it's fans (other than the typcial hometown fan dispise of an opposing conference team). As for the owner - did great thing in the past for the NFL and the franchise, but he became nearsighted in his old age. Whether it was his doing or the city's leaders or both - it was handled really bad at the end, and even before that with his "bottom line antics" that kept me away from the columbia blue.

So, I went with the 2nd choice.

Texans_Chick
12-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Nothing against the team nor it's fans (other than the typcial hometown fan dispise of an opposing conference team). As for the owner - did great thing in the past for the NFL and the franchise, but he became nearsighted in his old age. Whether it was his doing or the city's leaders or both - it was handled really bad at the end, and even before that with his "bottom line antics" that kept me away from the columbia blue.

So, I went with the 2nd choice.

You don't ask for boatloads of public money when your team is in a serious down cycle and you just got rid of Warren Moon.

Obvious land war in Asia stuff.

QB75
12-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Speaks to the power of VY huh? It ultimately was Bob McNair's decision, he gambled and lost big.

Lost? He didn't lose anything.

Hookem Horns
12-09-2006, 11:47 PM
the one benefit he didn't count on was being able to manipulate sooooo many supposed Texans fans in to buying what he is selling. He wasn't aware how many people would actually be willing to kiss his ***** only 10 years after he screwed this city.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was counting on that. Bud never wanted to leave Houston and was actually p*ssed that he couldn't get his way in Houston. With that in mind he would love to have his cake and eat it too. He's got his new stadium and now he is getting back some of his old fans back. I am sure he is loving this.