PDA

View Full Version : We Should Continue to Complain

The Dream
12-09-2006, 10:44 AM
I hear from so many people that we should forget about last years draft and get on with the Texans, because complaining about the past won't change anything. We can't change the past, but if Vince goes on to be the great QB that I invisioned him being, then this organization will continue to hear it from me..........forever. I'm sorry, but if we all just set back and didn't complain about the boneheaded mistake that was made, then what does that say about us? I'm sorry, but I like to actually cheer for teams that win. This doesn't make me a bad fan, just one who actually gives a damn about his team. I hope VY plays great on Sunday so people can rub it in McNair's face even more, because maybe next time he'll make the right decision and draft the best player available.

the wonger need food
12-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I hear from so many people that we should forget about last years draft and get on with the Texans, because complaining about the past won't change anything. We can't change the past, but if Vince goes on to be the great QB that I invisioned him being, then this organization will continue to hear it from me..........forever. I'm sorry, but if we all just set back and didn't complain about the boneheaded mistake that was made, then what does that say about us? I'm sorry, but I like to actually cheer for teams that win. This doesn't make me a bad fan, just one who actually gives a damn about his team. I hope VY plays great on Sunday so people can rub it in McNair's face even more, because maybe next time he'll make the right decision and draft the best player available.

Oh boy, another pointless Vince Young thread. Why don't you head over to the Titans board and worship the messiah over there with the rest of them. And I think they're about to replay the UT/Ohio St. game from last year. You should lube up and get ready for 3 1/2 hours of VY in those tight white pants. He is much sexier in orange.

dtran04
12-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah I don't think those sky blue pants make him very manly.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Oh boy, another pointless Vince Young thread. Why don't you head over to the Titans board and worship the messiah over there with the rest of them. And I think they're about to replay the UT/Ohio St. game from last year. You should lube up and get ready for 3 1/2 hours of VY in those tight white pants. He is much sexier in orange.

this isn't about praising Vince, it's about the right to continue to bash the texans management for making the wrong draft choice.

Yankee_In_TX
12-09-2006, 11:12 AM
*cough*
*cough* (http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31971)

CyberTexan
12-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I fail to see where Vince Young will ever be one of the great ones how can anyone think that, Scrambling QBs like that dont win you Super Bowls in the NFL only in College they do manage to get hurt alot though , Look at Vick ( who is much faster I might add and about the same accuracy ) he gets hurt alot and has a good game once in a while but will never win them a superbowl, why is it just because someone is from texas hes the greatest thing sense slice bread ? I for one will never regret not picking Young , I think we will regret not getting Bush if anything at least hes starting to show signs of being a great one some day Young has one of the lowest QB ratings in football.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:23 AM
stop with the Vick comparisons, the two are nothing alike, except that they can both break big runs....Vince shows a lot more poise than Vick in the pocket, and he's not a wreckless runner like Mike......Elway, Young, etc. are all what I would consider scrambling QB's (although they had arms) that could hurt defenses with their feet when neccessary....Vince does the same thing.

whiskeyrbl
12-09-2006, 11:24 AM

I doubt they really care.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:25 AM
they'll care if people continue to complain, stop going to games, VY kicks their asses for years to come, etc....trust me they'll care.

JDizzle
12-09-2006, 11:28 AM
this isn't about praising Vince, it's about the right to continue to bash the texans management for making the wrong draft choice.

It is too another VY thread. Your panties are in a twist because McNair did not take the object of your obsession in VY. Funny how those of us who preferred Matt Leinart over VY are not wearing Cardinals jerseys to games and crying "OMGBBQSAUCE WE PASSED ON MAT LHINERT!!11". Stating your position on the matter a couple of times is fine and dandy, but repeating it over and over, and over again and then resorting to cheering for the other team is childish and teeters on the edge of lunacy.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
It is too another VY thread. Your panties are in a twist because McNair did not take the object of your obsession in VY. Funny how those of us who preferred Matt Leinart over VY are not wearing Cardinals jerseys to games and crying "OMGBBQSAUCE WE PASSED ON MAT LHINERT!!11". Stating your position on the matter a couple of times is fine and dandy, but repeating it over and over, and over again and then resorting to cheering for the other team is childish and teeters on the edge of lunacy.

VY = the King of Houston....that plays in another state. :brickwall

David Carr = a soft loser that the Texans are stuck with.

Nawzer
12-09-2006, 11:33 AM
VY = the King of Houston....that plays in another state. :brickwall

David Carr = a soft loser that the Texans are stuck with.

Sorry there's only one true King of Houston and that's not VY. It's H-Town's very own Booker T. Huffman a.k.a. King Booker! All Hail King Booker, All Hail King Booker, All Hail King Booker...Bow down peasants!:joker:

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:36 AM
it's funny you mention Booker, he was actually at the rockets game the other night.........and I actually bowed in his presence.

tex
12-09-2006, 11:36 AM
People who don't go to games or don't support the Texans because they didn't pick VY are not Texan fans they are VY fans. I don't think that enough people will complain to make them care.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I support the Texans, but I'll also be the first to criticize them when they make mistakes.

dtran04
12-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Isn't sad when you know what a particular poster is gonna post each and every time? I can just read the screen name and know EXACTLY what the post is gonna be about. Don't you guys get tired of typing the same thing over and over? Or is it copied and pasted everytime?

Marcus
12-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Holy *******! Now, I KNOW the world must be coming to an end. I just gave Wonger some positive rep. Never thought I'd ever see that day.

The Pencil Neck
12-09-2006, 11:45 AM

One must first think they made the wrong draft choice.

Seeing as how I don't...

Texans_Chick
12-09-2006, 11:56 AM
because maybe next time he'll make the right decision and draft the best player available.

Personally, I thought that VY was the BPA. That wasn't the majority opinion by most analysts. At best, he was seen as a player with the best upside but the a lot of risk.

In a revisionist history point of view, VY did himself no favors selling himself as the BPA given the inexperience of his agent, and the boneheaded things that happened while he was being evaluated post Rose Bowl.

Each player has pros, cons and opportunity costs. Many VY fans didn't care about the cons and opportunity costs with picking VY because under their worst case scenario, they get to see VY play at home and don't care about whether it could possibly effect the Texans in a negative manner. Or maybe they are so delusional that they could never envision that VY could result in anything but wins, no matter what situation he was in.

JMO.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Personally, I thought that VY was the BPA. That wasn't the majority opinion by most analysts. At best, he was seen as a player with the best upside but the a lot of risk.

In a revisionist history point of view, VY did himself no favors selling himself as the BPA given the inexperience of his agent, and the boneheaded things that happened while he was being evaluated post Rose Bowl.

Each player has pros, cons and opportunity costs. Many VY fans didn't care about the cons and opportunity costs with picking VY because under their worst case scenario, they get to see VY play at home and don't care about whether it could possibly effect the Texans in a negative manner. Or maybe they are so delusional that they could never envision that VY could result in anything but wins, no matter what situation he was in.

JMO.

Well I appreciate the feeback (unlike most posters in here)...positive rep coming your way.

Charter PSL Fan
12-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah I don't think those sky blue pants make him very manly.

The two earrings make him look like a *** too. He shouldn't mention himself in the same sentence with Akeem and Bagwell like he did. What arrogance.

Charter PSL Fan
12-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Also you suck alot!

The Dream
12-09-2006, 12:03 PM
The two earrings make him look like a *** too. He shouldn't mention himself in the same sentence with Akeem and Bagwell like he did. What arrogance

you call it arrogance I call it confidence.

stingray
12-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Isn't sad when you know what a particular poster is gonna post each and every time? I can just read the screen name and know EXACTLY what the post is gonna be about. Don't you guys get tired of typing the same thing over and over? Or is it copied and pasted everytime?

What are we supposed to type? This is HOUSTON TEXAN MESSAGE BOARD. Are we suppose to type about how I spent my day yesterday, or about how I hate christmas because it's just a material holiday. Because if so, I can type you a pm about that if you wish. WE ARE SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT THE TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the last time I checked, the team is not very good. AND why aren't they very good? BECAUSE THEY HAVE MADE BONEHEADED MOVES, We need to remind them that they've made boneheaded moves. Over and over again. You texans homers remind me of the wife that's being cheated on but pretend's that it's not happening. They just turn their head and look the other way. "I'm so glad we got Mario over Reggie and Vince, he's gonna turn into Juluis Peppers one day" BLAH BLAH Blah... I'll remind Bob Mcnair about this dumb move until the day of my or his funeral,whatever comes first.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 12:43 PM
^^^^lol....me to my man, me to.

Double Barrel
12-09-2006, 01:36 PM
You texans homers remind me of the wife that's being cheated on but pretend's that it's not happening.

Well, extreme hyperbole and rhetoric aside...(seriously, comparing sports fans to marriage infidelity?....can't think of a better analogy?)....but what the heck, I'll stick with your analogy so you can understand: You "VY homers" remind me of a dude that is turned down for a date and starts stalking the new boyfriend. :shades:

they'll care if people continue to complain, stop going to games, VY kicks their asses for years to come, etc....trust me they'll care.

Dream, I like ya', man, but nothing will stop me from going to the games.

I'll complain and gripe about decisions I disagree with and bad play and playcalling, and you could very well be right that VY kicks our butts for years to come.

But the Texans are still Houston's team, and nothing about the Tennessee Titans connects them to our city (other than some fading memories, a fat rat carcass wearing owner and a few records).

Does it suck to be a fan of a losing franchise? Without a doubt. I won't deny that to anyone.

Will it get better? Without a doubt. We've got a head coach who knows how to win because he's been a part of multiple championship teams. We've got the talent on defense to build something that dominates, and we even have some great potential on offense, as well (DC not withstanding).

I'm sure our owner is already well aware of how much of Houston felt about the VY decision, what with it being constantly reminded in the Chronicle and every local sports radio show (not to mention the Texans own forum and games).

Being a fan of a team requires faith, though. And it requires you to persevere in the face of adversity. Success is all that much sweeter after going through losing hell to get there.

But to each his own, and do what you gotta' do. We'll leave the backdoor to the bandwagon open for when we start winning games and folks want back on (I won't hold any grudges).

eriadoc
12-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I definitely think you should do it forever. Or maybe just go root for the Tacks. Whichever. Management is going to continue making personnel decisions without your assistance or input, right up to the point that you get a job in the NFL. Get on with your life.

By the way, everytime you root for VY, all you're really doing is telling Mario he's not welcome here. Nice job.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I definitely think you should do it forever. Or maybe just go root for the Tacks. Whichever. Management is going to continue making personnel decisions without your assistance or input, right up to the point that you get a job in the NFL. Get on with your life.

By the way, everytime you root for VY, all you're really doing is telling Mario he's not welcome here. Nice job.

^^^great job of making me feel guilty :sarcasm:

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 01:54 PM

Let me get this straight: You want to rub it in McNairs face (the guy that spent millions and millions of dollars to bring us football after 7 years) by cheering for player, whose owner cost taxpayers of Harris County millions of dollars and took Houston's team away in the first place...

Wow, that is about the most twisted logic I have ever heard...

The Dream
12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
yes it is.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:01 PM
To each his own - I guess.

That logic is a pretty hard sell though.......

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 02:09 PM
All teams make bad moves. And you don't think Bob knows whats going on btw?? He can see the highlights and games for himself. If he made a mistake, he knows it. Of course we all have the right to complain. Its our job when we are unhappy. But as a fan base, by bringing it up over and over and over and over again you simply bring everyone else down with the negativity. At some point... this team has to move on and forward. It is what it is. And whats the ultimate goal here?? Getting it to the point where our team makes decisions ONLY on what the fans want? Thats so unrealistic. We have already made a regime change... give it some time. We WILL win in the future. And to me, winning is all its really about. So hang in there... and have some hope for the future. How about starting now?

Wolf
12-09-2006, 02:12 PM
give it a rest what is done is done

Wolf
12-09-2006, 02:13 PM
nice sig tailgate

Honoring Earl 34
12-09-2006, 02:13 PM
I think the person getting dissed the most in this whole VY / Carr thing is Mario . Nobody says anything about what Mario has done for the Texans and where we might be without him . They just say we should have drafted VY .

I hope Mario comes out like Bobby Bouche after someone talked about his dear sweet momma ... and outplays both the QBs .

The Dream
12-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Getting it to the point where our team makes decisions ONLY on what the fans want?

Maybe we'd actually be winning right now if they followed this logic, a lot of people on here (myself included) have made better decisions then the so called experts who decided to keep Carr.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Thats because this board has so many candidates for VP, GM and HC positions. I know that when teams fire or lose one of those postions, the first thing they do is check out HoustonTexans.com message boards and recruit from here.

Wolf
12-09-2006, 02:19 PM
if we would have drafted well in the last 4 years, we wouldn't have this discusion.

problem is we didn't build up from the inside out and it is hurting us now(along with the injuries)

The Dream
12-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Thats because this board has so many candidates for VP, GM and HC positions. I know that when teams fire or lose one of those postions, the first thing they do is check out HoustonTexans.com message boards and recruit from here.

maybe they should next time, I won't cost the team as much and I'll actually improve our team.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Seriously dude.... Put the cocktail down.......

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe we'd actually be winning right now if they followed this logic, a lot of people on here (myself included) have made better decisions then the so called experts who decided to keep Carr.

Hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20. I also love how everyone forgets how great our first draft class under our new regime has turned out. A few more years of this and we will be at the top consistently. Isnt that all we really want?

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 02:22 PM
nice sig tailgate

Thanks! I thought it hit the spot.

gwallaia
Link for all VY worshippers.

http://www.givemenashville.com/NNNashvilleRealEstate.htm

eriadoc

I know it's hard to fathom, but try and wrap your head around this ....

Going into this season, you were in the minority in that opinion.

I know within the microcosm that is this message board, it's hard to grasp that reality, but it's true. The majority of fans were willing to give Carr another year to prove himself under Kubiak. Even more importantly, those who are knowledgeable NFL professionals (read: not you) stated that Carr could get the job done.

So even if they had decided to take a poll and listen to the fans prior to this season, Carr would still be the QB. Ain't life a b**ch?

Trying to pretend that you're capable of making better decisions than NFL personnel is laughable.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 02:23 PM

Very nice!!

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 02:28 PM

AWESOME

Double Barrel
12-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Wow, there are some great deals on double-wides on that site!

TexanSam
12-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Fine, the organization will continue to hear it from you. But let's say we start winning. Let's say we're a wild card team next year or at least in the race up until the very end and we finish with a record of say 9-7. Let's say the Titans finish 6-10. If David Carr or whoever is the QB of OUR Texans has a good year last year and Vince Young has a good year, are you still going to be bashing the pick? If Mario Williams becomes a beast as a defensive end, racks up 12 sacks, are you still going to bash the pick? Rooting for Vince Young isn't going to change the past. Because, according to some, management made a mistake in drafting Mario Williams, doesn't mean they're going to listen to the fans or the media in who they draft. The Texans have one of, if not the, best draft class in the NFL this season. By far. I'm sure management was real stupid in picking Demeco Ryans, Owen Daniels, Eric Winston, and Wali Lundy. You root for them or you don't. Their is no "Oh, I'll root against them this game but I'll jump back later". If you do that you make yourself look dumb.

stingray
12-09-2006, 02:32 PM
All teams make bad moves. And you don't think Bob knows whats going on btw?? He can see the highlights and games for himself. If he made a mistake, he knows it. Of course we all have the right to complain. Its our job when we are unhappy. But as a fan base, by bringing it up over and over and over and over again you simply bring everyone else down with the negativity. At some point... this team has to move on and forward. It is what it is. And whats the ultimate goal here?? Getting it to the point where our team makes decisions ONLY on what the fans want? Thats so unrealistic. We have already made a regime change... give it some time. We WILL win in the future. And to me, winning is all its really about. So hang in there... and have some hope for the future. How about starting now?

You know what, I agree with the fact that we do have to get over it. And we will... But this was not a regular draft mistake.

For example, many people wouldn't have made a big deal if the colts would have drafted Ryan Leaf over peyton Manning. people would have just said, that was bad luck. That's cause most experts had either one being the #1 pick. But hardly any expert had the Texans drafting mario. 99% had the Texans picking Reggie. Also, nobody considers drafting hakeem olajuwon a mistake because we drafted him before Jordan. Hakeem was the Best player in the draft. He turned out to be a great player, but michael turned out the be the best of all time. Nobody complained about the Rockets drafting Hakeem over Michael. And they shouldn't.

But this pick made the Texans look like they panicked and didn't know what to do. I mean, come on, everybody was shocked the night before the draft when they announced that mario was signed. I was confused, I honeslty thought that Reggie was just asking for too much money and the Texans could never sign him. And on the Vice Young Issue, the texans never considered taking him, And I understand that, They really thought that carr would turn around with Kubes.

And even though I love Vince, I will not root for him this Sunday. The Texans are my team and I want them to embarrase young because I love my team and I want them to win. But I will root for vince in other games.

eriadoc
12-09-2006, 02:38 PM
I mean, come on, everybody was shocked the night before the draft when they announced that mario was signed.

Well, not quite. Many of us had our fingers crossed and were extremely happy when the team drafted Mario. The only way I could have been happier is if they had somehow worked out a way to get Ferguson.

Many were expecting Bush, but those folks are generally prone to hype and watch too much ESPN, IMO.

dtran04
12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
What are we supposed to type? This is HOUSTON TEXAN MESSAGE BOARD. Are we suppose to type about how I spent my day yesterday, or about how I hate christmas because it's just a material holiday. Because if so, I can type you a pm about that if you wish. WE ARE SUPPOSE TO TALK ABOUT THE TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the last time I checked, the team is not very good. AND why aren't they very good? BECAUSE THEY HAVE MADE BONEHEADED MOVES, We need to remind them that they've made boneheaded moves. Over and over again. You texans homers remind me of the wife that's being cheated on but pretend's that it's not happening. They just turn their head and look the other way. "I'm so glad we got Mario over Reggie and Vince, he's gonna turn into Juluis Peppers one day" BLAH BLAH Blah... I'll remind Bob Mcnair about this dumb move until the day of my or his funeral,whatever comes first.

Exactly. Talk about the TEXANS. You know, people can talk about things OTHER than VY or Carr. I don't even like Carr as a player that but all of this whining/moaning makes me get on his side. At least I can honestly say that I want (whether he does is another question) him to do well. Alot of people are here want him to fail because they have their own agendas and toot their own horns (pun intended). :)

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
You know what, I agree with the fact that we do have to get over it. And we will... But this was not a regular draft mistake.

For example, many people wouldn't have made a big deal if the colts would have drafted Ryan Leaf over peyton Manning. people would have just said, that was bad luck. That's cause most experts had either one being the #1 pick. But hardly any expert had the Texans drafting mario. 99% had the Texans picking Reggie.

And even though I love Vince, I will not root for him this Sunday. The Texans are my team and I want them to embarrase young because I love my team and I want them to win. But I will root for vince in other games.

Thats the right thing to do. I am a horn fan, but you gotta stick with your team. You JUST DO.

As far as the Mario pick... he was actually rated #1 ABOVE reggie on 6-7 teams boards. Easily the #1 rated defensive guy.... and I do believe was rated higher than Vince.

stingray
12-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, not quite. Many of us had our fingers crossed and were extremely happy when the team drafted Mario. The only way I could have been happier is if they had somehow worked out a way to get Ferguson.

Many were expecting Bush, but those folks are generally prone to hype and watch too much ESPN, IMO.

Well not me. I knew who Mario was way before the draft. I just thought thought that Reggie would be the next Marshall Faulk. I also thought that Reggie would be an ofensive weapon that Carr needed. And also cause DD was injury prone.

The Pencil Neck
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Well not me. I knew who Mario was way before the draft. I just thought thought that Reggie would be the next Marshall Faulk. I also thought that Reggie would be an ofensive weapon that Carr needed. And also cause DD was injury prone.

Well, people act like no one had mentioned Mario prior to our drafting him but that's not true. I had heard about Mario but only because he was the highest rated defensive guy along with Hawk on most boards. Prior to the Combine, Demeco was frequently mentioned in the top 10 so when he dropped to us in the 2nd round, I was pretty psyched.

But I never, ever wanted Bush. For him to be successful, you have to feed him the ball and build the entire offense around him. And that's not a good blueprint for a team to be successful. Kinda like Barry Sanders, another guy I wouldn't want on my team even though he's a great athlete. For him to be successful, the team probably isn't going to be. Prior to the announcement of Mario, I was resigning myself to the fact that we were going to go with Bush.

And on the QB side, I never had VY as the top rated QB. I had Leinart, Cutler, and then VY. If we had drafted VY, I would have been very pissed off because it would have been just a cheap ploy to make the fans happy.

So, I was fine with Mario and I still am. I would have liked trading down a spot or two to get him (or Brick) but what the heck. I think he's going to be a great player and probably have a longer career than Bush.

shinerbock_girl
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, iam just a bit confused here...I think ppl are worshiping Young because he's from Houston, and brought UT a championship...But as far as him being such a Messiah, how exactly is that when they only have ONE more win then the Texans??? I mean ppl here are acting like they are superbowl bound after 5 wins..And what happens if the Texans come out a winner tomorrow??? PPL are just bitter because Texans passed on him in the first place, because it sure isn't his impressive 5 game wins...

SmokingPiper
12-09-2006, 03:06 PM
I wanted the Texans to pick Vince. It did not happen. One should not live in the past move foward readjust the master plan and develop a winner. I think we are all nuts if we even think coach Kub has not realized that the CARR can be fixed. Some Carr's just are beyond repair. A true fan will fill the stands before game time indicating their support of the team. For those of you who have never had the opportunity to guide an employee to meet expectations a pat on the back letting the employee know you need him or her to do their part will get the employee producing faster than complaining.
In other words a full stadium will go a long ways to developing a winner here.

I will be tailgating untill 11:00 tomorrow and then will go to the stadium with my number 90 jersey.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Ok, iam just a bit confused here...I think ppl are worshiping Young because he's from Houston, and brought UT a championship...But as far as him being such a Messiah, how exactly is that when they only have ONE more win then the Texans??? I mean ppl here are acting like they are superbowl bound after 5 wins..And what happens if the Texans come out a winner tomorrow??? PPL are just bitter because Texans passed on him in the first place, because it sure isn't his impressive 5 game wins...

VY > carr....that's why I'm upset...when it comes to college footbal I'm a Florida State/U of H fan...the texans passed on an outstanding talent for a "man" (and I use that term loosely) who goes by the name of Carr.....David Carr.

stingray
12-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, people act like no one had mentioned Mario prior to our drafting him but that's not true. I had heard about Mario but only because he was the highest rated defensive guy along with Hawk on most boards. Prior to the Combine, Demeco was frequently mentioned in the top 10 so when he dropped to us in the 2nd round, I was pretty psyched.

But I never, ever wanted Bush. For him to be successful, you have to feed him the ball and build the entire offense around him. And that's not a good blueprint for a team to be successful. Kinda like Barry Sanders, another guy I wouldn't want on my team even though he's a great athlete. For him to be successful, the team probably isn't going to be. Prior to the announcement of Mario, I was resigning myself to the fact that we were going to go with Bush.

And on the QB side, I never had VY as the top rated QB. I had Leinart, Cutler, and then VY. If we had drafted VY, I would have been very pissed off because it would have been just a cheap ploy to make the fans happy.

So, I was fine with Mario and I still am. I would have liked trading down a spot or two to get him (or Brick) but what the heck. I think he's going to be a great player and probably have a longer career than Bush.

barry sanders was a great player, maybe the best of all time. he was just with a horrible team. if he would have been with the cowboys, he would have had three super bowls. And as for feeding one player the ball, it worked with Marshall faulk. But's that's cause he had other good players on offense. You just can't have one superstar on a team with bad players, it's not gonna work. But one superstar surrounded with good players, the sky the limit.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
VY > carr....that's why I'm upset...when it comes to college footbal I'm a Florida State/U of H fan...the texans passed on an outstanding talent for a "man" (and I use that term loosely) who goes by the name of Carr.....David Carr.

I knew you must have had some redeeming quality...

hobie
12-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Does VY even have all of the Titans wins??

The Dream
12-09-2006, 03:12 PM
it's not even the wins that I'm so much concerned about (although they're important because they are wins), but how he's getting the wins is what impresses me.

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 03:12 PM

YUP!!! He's been single handedly responsible for every win in Tennessee's history!! Well at least thats what the history books will say in a few years...

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
it's not even the wins that I'm so much concerned about (although they're important because they are wins), but how he's getting the wins is what impresses me.

The bottom line is STILL winning no matter how you splice it.

hobie
12-09-2006, 03:15 PM
YUP!!! He's been single handedly responsible for every win in Tennessee's history!!

Dang, I must have been under a rock, I thought Peyton was Tennessee's QB..

shinerbock_girl
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM

It doesn't change the fact Young still has only one more win ahead of Carr...So if you think it makes him great, then that is your opinion...I'll wait till the end of the season to officially decide if Young was a better choice....Iam mad as everyone else at Carr's performance this year, but personally as much as i loved Young at UT, i don't think he would have made much more of a difference then Carr, taking into consideration our whole line and injuries combined..And if Young is making such a difference in TN, then why only 5 wins, why not more?? Again, what happens if Texans pull out a win???...I can tell you right now, it won't matter to any of the Young fans, only that they wanted him here and Texans winning the rest of their games still won't change the Vince fans opinions...

Texan_Bill
12-09-2006, 03:17 PM
YUP!!! He's been single handedly responsible for every win in Tennessee's history!!

Dang, I must have been under a rock, I thought Peyton was Tennessee's QB..

That was just an old wives tale.... :rolleyes:

stingray
12-09-2006, 03:20 PM

Vince has gone 5-4 since taking over. His losses have come to Dallas, Baltimore, Jacksonville, And the colts...

They were 0-3 when he took over.. Getting outscored 76-33.

hobie
12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
And the 5 wins were over? I know Houston, and NY, which was a fluke, but the other 3?

Tailgate
12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Is it me.... or do the Titans USUALLY play their best when they unleash Travis Henry??

stingray
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
And the 5 wins were over? I know Houston, and NY, which was a fluke, but the other 3?

Colts, redskins, and eagles..

stingray
12-09-2006, 03:27 PM
Colts, redskins, and eagles..

Three teams that destroyed us...

The Pencil Neck
12-10-2006, 01:26 AM
barry sanders was a great player, maybe the best of all time. he was just with a horrible team. if he would have been with the cowboys, he would have had three super bowls. And as for feeding one player the ball, it worked with Marshall faulk. But's that's cause he had other good players on offense. You just can't have one superstar on a team with bad players, it's not gonna work. But one superstar surrounded with good players, the sky the limit.

I've got no problem with feeding a player the ball IF that player is going to get you consistent positive yardage. In that 1999 season, Marshall had over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. He had more receptions than Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, or Az Hakim. They were feeding him but he delivered. Emmit Smith and Jim Brown, same thing, you give them the ball and they'd get positive yards almost every time they touched it.

Barry Sanders was a great player but if you look at HOW he ran, it just wasn't very conducive to a team being successful. His average yards per carry is deceiving. He would get -1, 0, -1, -2, 0, 1, 2, 75, 0, 0, -1... Most of his runs were very exciting but actually very short. That makes it hard to sustain a drive. It was exciting to watch because any time he touched the ball, it could go to the house. But most times, it didn't. And in the play-offs, he couldn't do it. He was also inconsistent from game to game; the one year he was consistent, he ran for over 2000 yards. :) But for most of his career, you really didn't know what you were going to get. One game, 150; next game, 20. It's hard to build on that.

And THAT'S what I expected of Bush coming into the NFL and so far, I haven't seen anything to make me think I'm wrong. He doesn't give you consistent positive yardage. He makes very exciting short or negative yardage runs. You have to give him a lot of touches for him to get those one or two big plays in a game and if your defense isn't stopping the other team, you might not be able to give him enough touches for that big play to happen. With the Saints, they really can't afford to give him that many chances in the running game but they luckily have Deuce to handle the load and get the consistent yardage. They're able to feed him the ball in the passing game a lot more; they're trying to get him the ball in the open where he can use his superior athletic ability to make people miss... but I think he's still not getting as many big plays as they expected.

Note: The year that Sanders was his most consistent, he ran for over 2000 yards, his team went 9-7, and missed the play-offs.

cuppacoffee
12-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Fine, the organization will continue to hear it from you. But let's say we start winning. Let's say we're a wild card team next year or at least in the race up until the very end and we finish with a record of say 9-7. Let's say the Titans finish 6-10. If David Carr or whoever is the QB of OUR Texans has a good year last year and Vince Young has a good year, are you still going to be bashing the pick? If Mario Williams becomes a beast as a defensive end, racks up 12 sacks, are you still going to bash the pick? Rooting for Vince Young isn't going to change the past. Because, according to some, management made a mistake in drafting Mario Williams, doesn't mean they're going to listen to the fans or the media in who they draft. The Texans have one of, if not the, best draft class in the NFL this season. By far. I'm sure management was real stupid in picking Demeco Ryans, Owen Daniels, Eric Winston, and Wali Lundy. You root for them or you don't. Their is no "Oh, I'll root against them this game but I'll jump back later". If you do that you make yourself look dumb.

Too late,...he has already done that.

DenverBorn
12-10-2006, 09:44 AM

Couldn't agree more. C'mon Vince!!

TheCD
12-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Elway, Young, etc. are all what I would consider scrambling QB's (although they had arms) that could hurt defenses with their feet when neccessary....Vince does the same thing.

:tearup:

How dare you compare Vince Young to Steve Young! The only thing these two have in common is the same last name! :brickwall

I seriously suggest that if you're that in love with Vince Young that you become a Titans fan. Texans fans have moved on and support our team. We all disagree with some move made by the team at some point in time...but we continue to support them and get over the decisions we don't like. Crying and whining won't do anything but draw attention to yourself.

Carr Bombed
12-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry this thread is dumb.

So we should all complain because 3/4 of a season after the draft things aren't working out for us. We should all show up in Titan jersey's and root Vince on because in the long run "that will make our team better".........no.
We should all throw hissy fits like a spoiled 15 year old girl whos rich daddy wasn't able to secure Beyonce for her MTV sweet 16 party. Yep Mcnair is Daddy big bucks and your the 15 year old snotty brat

BOO HOO Daddy BOO HOO........I TOLD YOU I WANTED VINCE YOUNG!!! How could you say noooo DADDY!!!!!!

(McNair), but I tried to do what I felt was best for you and this family (Team)

(Young leg humpers)
NOO Daddy I Hate you......I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU.......you ruined EVERYTHING........YOU RUINED MY LIFE.......

What the hell do you want McNair to do, invest billions of dollars creating a freaking time machine to go back and change history...........get real and get over it. ITS DONE. and no matter how much menstual bit***** yall do it ain't going to change anything.

stingray
12-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I've got no problem with feeding a player the ball IF that player is going to get you consistent positive yardage. In that 1999 season, Marshall had over 1000 yards rushing and receiving. He had more receptions than Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, or Az Hakim. They were feeding him but he delivered. Emmit Smith and Jim Brown, same thing, you give them the ball and they'd get positive yards almost every time they touched it.

Barry Sanders was a great player but if you look at HOW he ran, it just wasn't very conducive to a team being successful. His average yards per carry is deceiving. He would get -1, 0, -1, -2, 0, 1, 2, 75, 0, 0, -1... Most of his runs were very exciting but actually very short. That makes it hard to sustain a drive. It was exciting to watch because any time he touched the ball, it could go to the house. But most times, it didn't. And in the play-offs, he couldn't do it. He was also inconsistent from game to game; the one year he was consistent, he ran for over 2000 yards. :) But for most of his career, you really didn't know what you were going to get. One game, 150; next game, 20. It's hard to build on that.

And THAT'S what I expected of Bush coming into the NFL and so far, I haven't seen anything to make me think I'm wrong. He doesn't give you consistent positive yardage. He makes very exciting short or negative yardage runs. You have to give him a lot of touches for him to get those one or two big plays in a game and if your defense isn't stopping the other team, you might not be able to give him enough touches for that big play to happen. With the Saints, they really can't afford to give him that many chances in the running game but they luckily have Deuce to handle the load and get the consistent yardage. They're able to feed him the ball in the passing game a lot more; they're trying to get him the ball in the open where he can use his superior athletic ability to make people miss... but I think he's still not getting as many big plays as they expected.

Note: The year that Sanders was his most consistent, he ran for over 2000 yards, his team went 9-7, and missed the play-offs.\

Why can't people give credit where credit is due. 1800 yards is 1800 yards. barry was agreat running back. Emmit had Troy and michael and a great defense. Marshall had holt, warner and isaac Bruce. Who did Barry have? Herman moore? Rodney peete? Come on.. Nobody would have won any championships with those guys. and i'll take a 80 yard touchdown run anyday even if he doesn't do much the rest of the day.