PDA

View Full Version : Is it Carr's fault??

thunderkyss
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Just wanted to do a pole... I may just not be reading it(because I don't want to), but I'm not seeing a lot of posters saying that we are losing games because of David Carr.

I've talked about David's negatives, and his short-comings.... he hasn't played worse than I expected(except in the Raider game), definitely not as well as I had hoped.

But I don't blame David for any of our losses....... I saw Jameel fumble the ball on two game winning/tying drives.. I've seen KrisBrown miss chip shot after chip shot....... I saw Peerless Price catch that ball at the back of the endzone, I've seen Andre drop the ball on third down after third down.... I've seen EricMoulds disappear(or should I say I haven't seen)..... I know our LBs can't cover the field, I've seen our safeties take bad angles, and our corners give up too much space to the WRs.....

I believe better QB play would improve this team dramatically.

How we go about getting that better QB play is in question....... but that doesn't mean that we believe that we are losing games because of our QB.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Brought this over from another thread:

1. offensive line
2. Penalties
3. Poor decision making (QB)
4. dropped passes
5. blown coverages
6. spotty defensive pressure
7. poor running game
8. long list of notable injuries

did i leave anything out?:brickwall

"That is why you fail."

-Yoda

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
No, it's not Carr's fault. It's the team's fault for losing.

Mr. White
12-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I'll go with no.

I agree with you that the Texans' failings aren't totally on Carr. However, Carr doesn't seem to have the intangibles to overcome the team's problems.

It seems like when we shoot ourselves in the foot, he's usually the one holding the gun.

Nawzer
12-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Anyone who is suggesting that all of our struggles are because of David Carr is either blind or a brain dead moron. If you guys remember in the beginning of the season Carr was playing decent football. But it was our defense which was the worst in the league. We were giving up yards, points, and we were just horrible on defense. Now that the defense has improved our offense has regressed. Part of the problem is that we're missing starter on our o-line and we don't have Domanick Davis. Our running game is highly inconsistent and we can't rely on it from week to week. Specially in this offense we absolutely need a solid running game. If we don't all the other stuff in the passing game will never work. With all that being said David Carr has not shown that he can lead this team to the playoffs. I've said in other threads that at some point he's got to stop making the same mistakes week in and week out. Passing for negative 5 yards is inexcusable no matter how bad your offensive line is. And when you fumble the ball 2 or 3 times a game from the qb position it makes it very hard to win games. I'm just hoping that if DC is back next year I hope he's facing some serious competition at that position because we can't have poor play from our qb position and expect to win game in the NFL.:texflag:

thunderkyss
12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Anyone who is suggesting that all of our struggles are because of David Carr is either blind or a brain dead moron. If you guys remember in the beginning of the season Carr was playing decent football.:texflag:

This is the kind of statement that draws the Carr argument out.

Carr wasn't playing better football. He was playing better than he had last year. He wasn't playing as bad as our Defense. & all his good stats were being amassed in "garbage time".

Need a definition of Garbage time?? well the opposite, would be similar to the last few games, where every possession mattered..... & Carr's stats(like everyone else on the team) were empty...... 22 for 22, didn't mean anything.... we didn't get any points to show for them, so it might as well never had happened. Same thing with his 300 yard passing game against the Jets...... we got a field goal out of it right?? 1 point per 100 yards.........

Again, not blaming David for losing the game, just pointing out his inability to rack up gawdy stats when the game is on the line.

ryansisgod
12-08-2006, 06:47 PM
its not carr's fault...the thing is that frustrates us is that in 5 years or so of existence the team has not made the next step...and most of us blame carr's because he is the qb and the captain of the ship...its easy to point the finger at him since, he already has a giant spotlight on him...due to 5 years of underacheiving as a qb.

Kaiser Toro
12-08-2006, 06:51 PM
It is not Carr's fault we are losing, but it is certainly his fault that he has not developed into the QB people expected.

infantrycak
12-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Holy madre de jesus--of course it is Carr's fault--partially. He obviously could be playing better and the ball has to come thru him. It is also the fault of the DB's who have dropped 7-9 easy picks this season, fumbles by Cook in critical situations, injuries to key players, the D giving up a TD on the last play of the game, a lackluster and inconsistent running game, WR's dropping balls, some sketchy at best officiating (Cook fumble vs. Daniels no reception) etc. If Carr played like a great QB we might have 2-3 more wins. If all the other stuff hadn't happened we might have 2-3 more wins. If we had both we might have 3-4 more wins. Friggin team game.

Goldeagle
12-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Just wanted to do a pole... I may just not be reading it(because I don't want to), but I'm not seeing a lot of posters saying that we are losing games because of David Carr.

I've talked about David's negatives, and his short-comings.... he hasn't played worse than I expected(except in the Raider game), definitely not as well as I had hoped.

But I don't blame David for any of our losses....... I saw Jameel fumble the ball on two game winning/tying drives.. I've seen KrisBrown miss chip shot after chip shot....... I saw Peerless Price catch that ball at the back of the endzone, I've seen Andre drop the ball on third down after third down.... I've seen EricMoulds disappear(or should I say I haven't seen)..... I know our LBs can't cover the field, I've seen our safeties take bad angles, and our corners give up too much space to the WRs.....

I believe better QB play would improve this team dramatically.

How we go about getting that better QB play is in question....... but that doesn't mean that we believe that we are losing games because of our QB.

Brilliant post by someone who knows football.

If David is the reason why we lost games and its not about stats and yada yada yada, then it is DAVID who has WON every game.

Kaiser Toro
12-08-2006, 07:50 PM
As the poll indicates, Carr being at fault for the team losing is something that has been largely made up.

Khari
12-08-2006, 07:54 PM
it's my fault............me sorry.........kinda......

axman40
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Well of course it is DC's fault if he did not have the propensity for pulling out early , him and the missus would have more young ones running around.
What ?This is about football ,oh well nevermind then!

:embarrass

Imatexanfan
12-09-2006, 12:03 AM
David Carr is at a crossroads. Like Dennis Franchione, one win can turn everything around and buy time. If Carr comes out slinging it, has a good showing and the Texans win it will go a long way for Carr trust me it will.

Yet, the second half of this season has not been good for him. Much of it is his fault, some not. The good news is he has four games left. The bad news is two of those games are against Indy and New England and the fans are losing - or have lost - patience. :tearup:

The Texans' line was among the five worst in the league starting the season and that line has lost three starters. Ephriam Salaam should not be starting for any team and Eric Winston is a rookie going through natural growing pains. These things are beyond Carr's control. What is within his control is putting the ball on the ground which he does way too often. Checking his primary receiver and then dumping to the safety valve when he isn't open instead of looking downfield to his second receiver. Often time does not allow for that, but other times he has adequate time and dumps anyway. Being the league's most sacked quarterback three out of four years has beaten his internal clock to bits; his pocket awareness may never recover. :crutch:

Thanks Charlie Casserly. Any quarterback who is constantly harassed cannot be consistently effective regardless of the name on the back of the jersey, (see: Manning - Pittsburg game last year).

Often I wonder how Carr's career would have gone, where he would be in his development had the Texans hired Kubiak at the beginning, or had hired Randy Mueller instead of Casserly. I often wonder what would happen if I inherit a couple oil wells. Thats not likely to happen either. :rolleyes:

We are in 2006 and the past is what it is. Where do we go from here? Hopefully Carr can recover but I've been saying that for awhile now. Perhaps he will be like Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon and flourish with another team. Maybe he will be like Tim Couch or David Klingler - two other guys stuck in bad circumstances - and be out of the league in a couple more years.

I don't see the team going quarterback in the first round regardless of where they draft. Kevin Kolb third round? There's a thought.. :spy:

Runner
12-09-2006, 12:27 AM
The Texans' line was among the five worst in the league starting the season and that line has lost three starters. Ephriam Salaam should not be starting for any team and Eric Winston is a rookie going through natural growing pains.

Thanks Charlie Casserly.

Casserly is an easy answer, but our current coaches made decisions this year that led to:

a) Counting on Salaam to play 14 games this year
b) Forcing Eric Winston into the line-up to soon

Their decision to keep 4 tight ends (or 2 fullbacks) and 9 offensive lineman (rather than 10), in addition to their high valuation of "swing players" resulted in the line we have now.

Scooter
12-09-2006, 03:21 AM
edited.

TK_Gamer
12-09-2006, 03:33 AM
];527536']If the team is not winning, the fall guy is the QB! That is just the nature of this game.

DC will not be here come next year. All the DC hate is comming from the Raider game which he was horrible, you cant sugar coat that! To add to that Vince Cowboys and Reggie had very good days.

hmm I dont know what board you have been visiting, but the raider game was not the center of carr hate any more than true performance has been, people have been hating carr since season 1. he's not polished, he coughs up the ball, he never goes deep, he's not a leader, he get's sacked too much, his delivery is too low, he stares down the reciever, he overthrows in the middle, he underthrows on the sideline, blah blah blah. oh and he has stupid haricuts. did I miss anything?

TEXANSTAILGATER
12-09-2006, 05:10 AM
I will

Runner
12-09-2006, 09:22 AM
They should of placed Eric Winston on the practice squad. That way he can learn. I hope we get to see Chris Taylor and see what he has learned from the practice squad.

The practice squad is unprotected. Winston would have been snapped up by another team instantly had he been placed there. They should have kept 10 lineman on the roster.

bayshorebevo
12-09-2006, 09:28 AM
How does the team feel about David? You don't hear the players sticking up for him much.

ArlingtonTexan
12-09-2006, 09:46 AM
David Carr is at a crossroads. Like Dennis Franchione, one win can turn everything around and buy time. If Carr comes out slinging it, has a good showing and the Texans win it will go a long way for Carr trust me it will.

Yet, the second half of this season has not been good for him. Much of it is his fault, some not. The good news is he has four games left. The bad news is two of those games are against Indy and New England and the fans are losing - or have lost - patience. :tearup:

The Texans' line was among the five worst in the league starting the season and that line has lost three starters. Ephriam Salaam should not be starting for any team and Eric Winston is a rookie going through natural growing pains. These things are beyond Carr's control. What is within his control is putting the ball on the ground which he does way too often. Checking his primary receiver and then dumping to the safety valve when he isn't open instead of looking downfield to his second receiver. Often time does not allow for that, but other times he has adequate time and dumps anyway. Being the league's most sacked quarterback three out of four years has beaten his internal clock to bits; his pocket awareness may never recover. :crutch:

Thanks Charlie Casserly. Any quarterback who is constantly harassed cannot be consistently effective regardless of the name on the back of the jersey, (see: Manning - Pittsburg game last year).

Often I wonder how Carr's career would have gone, where he would be in his development had the Texans hired Kubiak at the beginning, or had hired Randy Mueller instead of Casserly. I often wonder what would happen if I inherit a couple oil wells. Thats not likely to happen either. :rolleyes:

We are in 2006 and the past is what it is. Where do we go from here? Hopefully Carr can recover but I've been saying that for awhile now. Perhaps he will be like Jim Plunkett or Rich Gannon and flourish with another team. Maybe he will be like Tim Couch or David Klingler - two other guys stuck in bad circumstances - and be out of the league in a couple more years.

I don't see the team going quarterback in the first round regardless of where they draft. Kevin Kolb third round? There's a thought.. :spy:

I see this sentiment quite a bit on these boards often from people who I generally respect as having a grasp on the game of football. If Casserly and co. were bad at evaluating all the other positions on the field, it seems just as likely that they misevaluated Carr as a player also.

While I believe there is a relationship between coaching an the player, a coach can't pull out of guy what's not there. I think Carr teases that there is more to come, but the more never really happens. At point, you have to figure the more just isn't there.

Kaiser Toro
12-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I see this sentiment quite a bit on these boards often from people who I generally respect as having a grasp on the game of football. If Casserly and co. were bad at evaluating all the other positions on the field, it seems just as likely that they misevaluated Carr as a player also.

While I believe there is a relationship between coaching an the player, a coach can't pull out of guy what's not there. I think Carr teases that there is more to come, but the more never really happens. At point, you have to figure the more just isn't there.

I think most agree with that assessment in 2002. It still does not explain the 2006 extension.

Vinny
12-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I think most agree with that assessment in 2002. It still does not explain the 2006 extension. I think it was because of McNair and him being a man of his word. I believe he told Carr early in his career when he was taking a pounding that we would back him and we would commit to him since McNair was 100% infatuated and sold on Carr. Everything we did last off season was catered to finding a coach to "fix Carr", continue on the promise of commitment, and to save face on the first ever pick. We did this at the risk of the team, the other players working their tails off and the fan base. I don't think he saw the error in his ways. I wonder if he does now.

Tale Gator
12-09-2006, 11:55 AM
We've seen this season how one elite QB can change a team from god awful to surging for a late playoff spot.

If Sage had started this season we would be at least a 500 team with a shot a wildcard spot.

The Dream
12-09-2006, 11:56 AM
yes it's partly his fault, because he's the QB and he's been doing a piss poor job.

prostock101
12-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Should have had a "I don't know'" in you poll. I was very hopeful that Kub would have success with Carr at the beginning of the season and there has been some improvement. Missing three starters on the OL has surely made his job more difficult.

The one thing that has stuck in my head is at the beginning of the season the players elected team leaders and Carr was not one of them. I find that very disturbing. That leadership quality is what separates great QB's from average ones and I really wonder if he has what it takes.

TexansFanatic
12-09-2006, 12:34 PM
If David Carr had been a 4th round pick, and was being paid what a 4th round pick is paid, I don't think he'd be the lightning rod that he's become. As the first overall pick, being paid the ridiculous money he's being paid, people expect him to carry the team. He's not coming close to those expecations.

Vince Young, however, is.

txwooley
12-09-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm no Carr basher, but I should point out that that his draft money came and went. He's now spending contract extension money. Even worse. I'm not ready to shoot that particular horse right now though.

cbnjwill
12-09-2006, 07:15 PM
look david carr has sucked for five years its time for a change! we should have made a move this past offseason but once again we made a personel mistake and brought this joke back for another season. over the yrs we have changed the coaching staff, the g.m. the made changes to the offensive line brought in a quality number two receiver the only move we havent made is a qb change. changing a qb is the biggest move you can make to turn a team around since hes easily the most important player on your team its amazing a team can be as bad as we have been for so long and not have a qb change. there has never been a qb to have as long a leash as carr in the history of the game. we made a mistake not getting rid of carr and bringing in vy. lets not make another mistake this yr. and bring this guy back.. so long david wish i could say its been nice but it hasnt.

OzzO
12-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Is what Carr's fault?

If he doesn't appear to be the "rock of strength" the team rallies around when things are rough, to be the captain on the field to show the direction when the team feels there is no hope, to step up and carry the team in the high profile position. On wanting to learn, "feed me," but how much proactive effort has he tried on his own to improve, and if he has - have those "intangibles" been reflected on the field to show he has? Yes, it's his fault.

If it's for the losses, no - it's not completely his fault, but it is completely the organizations fault. From McNair to waterboy - and they all better step it up.

Hulk75
12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
No, it's not Carr's fault. It's the team's fault for losing.
Your right, why is it so hard to understand this. Line is back to bad and the running game is terrible.

TSgt.Texan
12-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Brought this over from another thread:

1. offensive line
2. Penalties
3. Poor decision making (QB)
4. dropped passes
5. blown coverages
6. spotty defensive pressure
7. poor running game
8. long list of notable injuries

did i leave anything out?:brickwall

"That is why you fail."

-Yoda

To me turn overs are one of the biggest reasons. Who turns the ball over more than any one else? Let me guess. DING DING DING DC

whotex8
12-10-2006, 05:40 AM
To me turn overs are one of the biggest reasons. Who turns the ball over more than any one else? Let me guess. DING DING DING DC
Get real....are you only awake when CArr mucks up, cause I can Tivo/record the games for you if you want.

TSgt.Texan
12-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Get real....are you only awake when CArr mucks up, cause I can Tivo/record the games for you if you want.
14 fum 7 lost already tied his season high for lost fun to go along with 7 int's. I also have tivo, I am not saying he is the only reason just the most consistant.

Just take the last game vs Tenn we lost by 6 points, DC had 3 turn overs Who's fault is it?

wolfscar
12-10-2006, 07:03 AM
If David Carr had been a 4th round pick, and was being paid what a 4th round pick is paid, I don't think he'd be the lightning rod that he's become. As the first overall pick, being paid the ridiculous money he's being paid, people expect him to carry the team. He's not coming close to those expecations.

Yes - absolutely right.

And again - absolutely right.

It's not David Carr's fault, but at the same time right now he's not stepping up and becoming the saviour of our team. And that's what people expect of a multi-million dollar first overall pick. Certainly five years into his development. I think it's disappointment in David Carr that's tempering so many of these anti-Carr posts (rather than just a lack of ability or talent). Its deeply unfortunate that his development was stunted right out of the gate, but that's all done and dusted. We need to stop and look at him now and one of the biggest issues is that he's taking up way too much cap room for a QB with his current abilities. Can we fix that by dropping him and picking someone else? I don't know. Thing is, right now, who's the alternative? Do we drop David, take the inevitable cap penalties and try to find a rookie to build on? Do we pick up Jake Plummer and hope he learns how not to suck again? It's a tough question.

wolfscar
12-10-2006, 07:09 AM
...(Referring to David Carr's development being stunted by poor coaching)...I see this sentiment quite a bit on these boards often from people who I generally respect as having a grasp on the game of football. If Casserly and co. were bad at evaluating all the other positions on the field, it seems just as likely that they misevaluated Carr as a player also.

I think you're both right and wrong here. Casserly, Capers and co. made a very bad decision with David Carr, but I don't think that the decision was picking him, it was starting him. He wasn't ready for the NFL - he needed coaching from an NFL QB coach who really knew what they were doing to iron out the creases in his game (of which there were plenty). It looks like they just saw the numbers he put up in college and threw him on the field, thinking he would reproduce them on the big stage. Which is clearly retarded. Particularly when the rest of the team is mediocre.

football freak
12-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Sorry, but I never really expected much from Carr due to the fact that his numbers in college were against weaker and smaller schools. Kubiak is a good coach but I bet even he regrets not taking one of the three QB's available in last years draft.

HoustonFan
12-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I blame the Texans organization for setting Carr up for failure. They should never have made him the guy from the start. At least give him some time on the bench while letting a veteran - Tony Banks - start for a while. IT WAS AN EXPANSION TEAM!!! WHY START A ROOKIE QB??? Now here we are almost 5 yrs later talking about running the guy out of town. I think he would have been alright not starting so early in his career or maybe even getting a better veteran QB for Carr to learn from.

thunderkyss
12-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't believe starting him from the beginning was their worst mistake.... not sitting him down when the season was over......... that would have saved him a gazillion knocks to the knoggin.... No one should be allowed to take that kind of beating.

Once you get past week 9, and you haven't got 2 wins, but you've given up over 30 sacks.... it's just stupid to leave him in the game.

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
It's not entirely his fault. He just isn't a good QB you can count on.

Mr. B
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
How come you don't give an option of yes and no in the poll.

Probably some of it is his fault and allot is not.

So Yes and No.

B

t_flare
12-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Key Plays

1. Andre Johnson drop passes. I saw 2 from my seat. One was a 15-20 yard pass that he just dropped when cut to the left. Then I think he drop one in the endzone that Carr placed it where Johnson could only catch it.

2. Pac-Man return in OT from the 3 yard line to the 40...asking the Titans to only go 30 yards for a FG (we know what happen)

3. Pass interference, false starts (at the begining of the game), defensive holding and illegal contact to the face... your at home.. shouldnt make these mistakes.

4. Miss tackles by saftey Glenn Earl on the TD run by the RB. I saw him, he had a point blank tackle and flat out missed it.

5. Carr for 3 or 4 drops had more time than he though... he check down early on those 3 or 4.

So its a TEAM game...not Carr vs the World!

Spled
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Does anyone really think bringing in Jake The Snake is the answer? I can see drafting Kolb or Smith to compete, but not bringing in a vet. I think mainly we need to upgrade on the o-line. Did you see how much protection Vince was getting?

Mr. B
12-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Agree Carr should never have started right after being drafted he should have ridden the pine behind a veteran QB for a couple of years until he adjusted and the Texans saw what kind of line they had. But I guess the Texans needed to drum up some excitement that first season for the fans sake and the money they spent.

I was listening to Philip Rivers in an interview and they asked him about riding the pine for a few years before starting. He said initialy he was not happy about it at all, but in hindsight it was the best thing that ever happened to him as he was able to learn the game and how fast and different it is plus pick up things from the sidelines that he never would have gotten from playing right away. Course it helps to have LT in your backfield.

B

TexanLen
12-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Key Plays

1. Andre Johnson drop passes. I saw 2 from my seat. One was a 15-20 yard pass that he just dropped when cut to the left. Then I think he drop one in the endzone that Carr placed it where Johnson could only catch it.

2. Pac-Man return in OT from the 3 yard line to the 40...asking the Titans to only go 30 yards for a FG (we know what happen)

3. Pass interference, false starts (at the begining of the game), defensive holding and illegal contact to the face... your at home.. shouldnt make these mistakes.

4. Miss tackles by saftey Glenn Earl on the TD run by the RB. I saw him, he had a point blank tackle and flat out missed it.

5. Carr for 3 or 4 drops had more time than he though... he check down early on those 3 or 4.

So its a TEAM game...not Carr vs the World!

I agree. It is a team sport and it was a team loss. You can make the same point for the Titans also. Both teams played bad today. I ask though, after 4 seasons and 13 games, who had the confience that Carr would lead the team to victory? I HOPED he would, but i didn't have that confidence in him. I voted no it wasn't his fault, but Carr didn't put the team on his back and lead them to victory either.

TxAg
12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Man don't give me none of that Carr should have sat out his first few years. Vince Young is new to league and he is tearing it up.Carr is a pretty good quarter back but he will never be great.

t_flare
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Well you know what... REX GROSSMAN doesnt carry his team and they could be going to the Superbowl... LT carries the Chargers, Tiki is carring the Giants as Eli been sucking as of late.. The RB's carries the Jaguars who always been a playoff contender while Leftwich and Garrard has been nothing special.

You dont always need a QB to carry a team but you do need to have a STRONG TEAM.. Last year Steelers and Seahawks (top 2 defenses in the NFL), Patorits has a top 10 defense in the last half decade. Ravens has a badass defense this year... is McNair tearing up defenses NO!, Is Rex tearing up defenses NO!

TexanBacker93
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
The way I understand the question it's to mean that is it all Carr's fault. I don't think it's all his fault. It's a combination of factors. Still, I think both parties would be better off if they went in different directions.

Mr. B
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Big Difference in type of teams between when Carr started and Young.

Young enters behind a very nice offensive line, Carr had nothing in front of him.

Not taking sides or making excuses its just facts.

B

bigTEXan8
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
this entire team needs a swift kick in the a**. carr makes mistakes like any other qb out there, but for some reason, he can't rely on other parts of his team to either keep the texans in the game. last week impressed me because the d stepped up and helped the team win the game. granted, carr was horrible, but that's going to happen. it's football. the qb will never be perfect week to week. is it too early to start lookin' forward to next year?

Jeffery
12-12-2006, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE='[[Gary Kubiak]];527536']If the team is not winning, the fall guy is the QB! That is just the nature of this game.
QUOTE]

NO, it is the nature of our human race. We are emotional creatures, and unfortunately as intelligent as we think we are as human beings, the majority are simpletons. Simple minds NEED a fall guy. We can't focus on more than that. It makes us feel more comfortable to have one focal point for our disgust and rage.

So, dont blame the nature of this game. Its not the nature of football that causes this problem. It is our own problem, for not being able to comprehend that there are multiple causes for any breakdown.

:yes:

Jeffery
12-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Also, from the results above it seems we only have 34 very vocal simpletons who are swamping the board with their "Its all Carr's fault" posts.

This whole board makes me disgusted about the quality of fans here in Houston, but the numbers give me some measure of hope.