PDA

View Full Version : Poor fan discussion extended - question

eriadoc
12-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I pose this question to those of you who claim to be a Texans fan yet are planning on wearing a #10 Titans jersey to the game on Sunday and/or are cheering for VY during the game:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Are you simply trying to put the team on notice that you think they made a bad choice in the draft? I'm willing to bet they all know VY would have been a better choice than Carr by this point.

(I made the distinctions in bold above because I personally don't see too much of an issue with people wearing UT #10 jerseys and cheering for the Texans. I also don't see much of an issue with cheering for VY when he exits the tunnel, then cheering for the Texans during the game. During the McNair vs. Titans game earlier this season, many fans did just that.)

ib4texans
12-08-2006, 12:14 PM
I pose this question to those of you who claim to be a Texans fan yet are planning on wearing a #10 Titans jersey to the game on Sunday and/or are cheering for VY during the game:

Are you simply trying to put the team on notice that you think they made a bad choice in the draft? I'm willing to bet they all know VY would have been a better choice than Carr by this point.

(I made the distinctions in bold above because I personally don't see too much of an issue with people wearing UT #10 jerseys and cheering for the Texans. I also don't see much of an issue with cheering for VY when he exits the tunnel, then cheering for the Texans during the game. During the McNair vs. Titans game earlier this season, many fans did just that.)

Why do you have to wear a #10 at all? I get it that you wanted VY instead of David Carr. Wear your #80 Andre,#90 Mario,#59 DeMeco. This show's that you are a fan of the Texans, that's what needs to be shown. I get it I really do, but the message you send might be interpreted by our players in a negative way.

2ToneBlue
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't think wearing an opposite team jersey is "good fan spirit". I like David Carr personally, long story, but I wouldn't wear his jersey. I hope he turns into a great QB, but I won't cheer for him against my team, in other games I will though. He was a hero, for lack of a better word, for us at Fresno State. I can see where the people of Texas might pull for Vince, but this is a new time. Just hope for an exciting game is all I can do.

HJam72
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
If I were going, I'd wear a #10 Van Pelt jersey, just to screw with people.

aj.
12-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Here's what I'm wearing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/VYcry.jpg

kingh99
12-08-2006, 12:44 PM

Win win for me. I could care less about VY. Not ex-UT and he's not here. However I was never big on civil wars and I think that's going to be the atmosphere this Sunday. So I sold my tickets to this game and this game only. I don't want to witness first hand what I think may happen if Carr stinks it up. Still going to the rest of the games just don't want to contribute to the upcoming carnival of crazies. It's sad all around and it figures Fatass Adams is in the middle of it.

Xetuoh1836
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
:brickwall I've been "lurking" for 4 years on this site and I've finally come to the conclusion that Houston fans don't deserve a franchise in the NFL. I watched George Blanda leave for "NFL fame" to Oakland. Sid Gilman coach the "Oilers" and end up in the HOF. I was there when our team (Houston Oilers) came home, defeated by the Steelers, to a hero's welcome. I've seen O.A. "Bum" Phillips get shafted by Bud, errrrr Ladd Herzog and throw Earl Campell to the Ain'ts as well (being from Tyler, I guess he doesn't count?! Mike Renfro in the end zone. Mike Barber being himself. Carl Mauck coming off the plane (quite stewed!) and telling Bob Allen "live", We Kicked their arses!".

And then see Pastorini getting "slobber knocked" game in and game out! When the Oiler's were losing, Houston fans boo'ed him unmercifully! Once "Luv Ya Blue" came to fruition, he was a saint! As a team, the Oilers made a fan base that loved the team. Today, with instant gradification, we boo everything and not look at those "lean" years, where we were the "joke" of professional football, untill we kicked down that door. One team, (the Steelers) kept us out of the Super Bowl and damn, were they good!

Now, I've got "my" team, to once again scrap up the NFL food chain and will bring me the joy I felt when I greeted "my" team, after a loss. Professional football is back in Houston! You wanna cheer the "former" Oilers, I live in Nashville and SW airlines flies here every day! Need an Austin fix!? Drive to Austin! These hillbillies still have their UTN (National Championship) license plate from 10 years ago!

Flame me, call me a "homer", or disreguard this, I don't care! If your team (and I mean team) is predicated by one man and the other 10 don't mean a "flip", just remember the ESPN commercial with Carr behind center and there being no one else!

Better yet, wait another 10-15 years for another franchise to make the same mistake and want to come here....to this:brickwall

gwallaia
12-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Welcome to the Board!

Xetuoh1836
12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the Board!

Thanks!.....I think:crying:

whiskeyrbl
12-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Thank you for the insight of another one of us that knows "ROME WASN"T BUILT IN A DAY". Those days with the Oilers were tough yet so more gratifying when we started winning because of it. These people nowadays need instant gratification. I would much rather put up with the pains of a new franchise(even though painful to watch at times) than to win at first only to see it fall apart and sound like those Cowgirl fans that have to live in the 70's and the 90's to feel special.

Sportsfan
12-08-2006, 01:18 PM

Let me pose a question to you, and for the record if i was at the game i wouldn't be wearing a VY jersey and/or cheering for the Titans despite me being a casual fan of VY, the Texans are my boys however i like VY and many other teams/players in the NFL.
So with that said, what do you care what everyone else is doing or wearing? If your a fan of the Texans, VY, Titans, or whoever, then who gives a flip?
I swear thats a big problem in the world today, everyone is worried about what EVERYONE else is doing. Mind your own business, do your own thing, form your own opinions, share them if you choose to, and root for whom you like. Simple as that.

Xetuoh1836
12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
What's gratifying, is to see these "oiler/Titan" fan think Bud Adams is their friend! Some will say, "he hasn't done anything to us" but, when they receive they're paycheck's or their property tax statement, then welcome to the NFL! The city of Nashville was "surprised" to have to pay maintenance on LPField/Coliseum and the reason was the fine print! The same person who worked the deal is now governor and you can guess his influence and whose in Buds pocket!

I hope VY a heathy and productive career but, not at my Texans expense...

Scooter
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Board!

i love first posts, they're so passionate about the subject. welcome aboard xetouh.

19-10
12-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Let me pose a question to you, and for the record if i was at the game i wouldn't be wearing a VY jersey and/or cheering for the Titans despite me being a casual fan of VY, the Texans are my boys however i like VY and many other teams/players in the NFL.
So with that said, what do you care what everyone else is doing or wearing? If your a fan of the Texans, VY, Titans, or whoever, then who gives a flip?
I swear thats a big problem in the world today, everyone is worried about what EVERYONE else is doing. Mind your own business, do your own thing, form your own opinions, share them if you choose to, and root for whom you like. Simple as that.

I can get with some of that but I bet, and I'm sure he'll clarify, that he meant at the game Sunday, home field advantage etc. etc.

So your fantasy team means more to you than the Texans. Well not me. I sure can't support pro players not in our colors - just not in my DNA. But what do you care, right? :)

Since I'm off today, tipping one back to a great win Sunday for the Texans.

ROCKY
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
The bottom line is that you CANT claim to be a fan and then cheer for your team to lose. I know that it has been five years, but the team will win eventually (even the bucaneers won a superbowl), and it will be SWEET!

But all these morons who wear the vince titans jersey ( I have less problems with the UT jersey), claim that the team is a disgrace to the city, well I say that YOU are a disgrace to the city.

I originally wanted Vince in the draft, but it was'nt meant to be.

All this bellyaching makes you all look like a bunch of whiny children. Teams have lean years, it happens to every team in the league. But these idiots act like we are destined to lose forever.

That is why I am getting DC's back... I do it at work and it makes all the snobby UT people here battle red w/ anger. And most of the DC haters are babies, so the only way to hurt them is to be equally childish..

THATS WHY DAVID CARR OWNS YOU! This weekend he will decsend down onto the field as if placed by angels. Then he will proceed to nickel and dime the Titans to death. While on the other side, the D will shatter the myth that is VY, as Mario comes down on him like a freakin koopa troopa!

Vince will have another 50-yard game, and when I see you walking around in a Carr induced daze after the game, I WILL MOCK YOU!:mario3:

threetoedpete
12-08-2006, 01:33 PM
I have no problem with the anioted one having his palm Sunday. He's earned it. I won't root for him against the Texans. But I wish him all the best when he dose not face us. I hope the fans don't become like the fans of Philly or Pittsburg. I remember a bad strech of games for Warren Moon and the fans were absolutly horrible. Things were said in the stands, with his wife and children close by, which should never have been said. Same with Archie Manning. There is a reason those two don't knock themselves out to come back to Houston. I personaly believe the club made the correct choice last April. That's just me. But I'm happy for Vincent and hope he comes through the game and his carreer ok. I do not wish him ill. And I hope my colleagues will afford his family and friends the same courtesy and grace as if it was your mother and freinds in the stands. Hope Mario gets four sacks on the guy, but I wish him no harm.

kingh99
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
The bottom line is that you CANT claim to be a fan and then cheer for your team to lose. I know that it has been five years, but the team will win eventually (even the bucaneers won a superbowl), and it will be SWEET!

But all these morons who wear the vince titans jersey ( I have less problems with the UT jersey), claim that the team is a disgrace to the city, well I say that YOU are a disgrace to the city.

All this bellyaching makes you all look like a bunch of whiny children. Teams have lean years, it happens to every team in the league. But these idiots act like we are destined to lose forever.

That is why I am getting DC's back... I do it at work and it makes all the snobby UT people here battle red w/ anger. And most of the DC haters are babies, so the only way to hurt them is to be equally childish..

THATS WHY DAVID CARR OWNS YOU! This weekend he will decsend down onto the field as if placed by angels. Then he will proceed to nickel and dime the Titans to death. While on the other side, the D will shatter the myth that is VY, as Mario comes down on him like a freakin koopa troopa!

Vince will have another 50-yard game, and when I see you walking around in a Carr induced daze after the game, I WILL MOCK YOU!:mario3:

That's the problem. He doesn't bring his A game every week. And he's the anti-Peyton under center. Dazed and confused. Other than that it's all good. Okay maybe not.

The Titans are going to throw the good ole two deep zone at Dave-o and see if he has the guts to go over the middle. He'll start dinking and dunking and the fans will get surly. Or he'll challenge and get picked and fans will get surly. Nothing in his recent efforts tells me he's going to come out and miraculously start throwing in a tight window 30-40 yards downfield. Nothing.

19-10
12-08-2006, 01:39 PM

Yo I don't know what that is but it has to be the funniest thing I've heard all week. Someone please enlighten me. Pic of a koopa troopa would make my day.

santo
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
.... Pic of a koopa troopa would make my day.

http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lk19/187.jpg

http://home.alphalink.com.au/~warrior/koopa.jpg

eriadoc
12-08-2006, 01:51 PM

Simple ..... a football game is a community event. It matters what other people do. It especially matters when an overall impression is taken from the behavior of that community, of which you are a part.

As for the original question, not one person fitting the target audience has answered. I can only conclude that the rumors of this behavior are greatly exaggerated (I can hope, right?) or that the perpetrators of this behavior have no answer to the question.

El Tejano
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Think of it this way:

Andre Johnson at Probowl-

Other Probowl Player: Hey Andre, I am a free agent this year and I heard alot of good things about Houston. Real happenin' city, Great Stadium with perhaps the best facilities, and a team in need of my services. What do you have to say about it?

Andre: You can but I am on my way out also. The fans there never get up in the stands like I see them do at other stadiums and the only time I did see them get up is when they were waiving signs about getting Bush or when Vince Young came to play.

19-10
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.lemmykoopa.com/lk19/187.jpg

http://home.alphalink.com.au/~warrior/koopa.jpg

Well I've been wrong before. How the hell could that thing open up a can worthy of knocking out VY? I must be missing somehting but thanks for the pic.

hollywood_texan
12-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I would chime in but I have already have made my point!

I'm back....

hollywood_texan
12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Again, I can't help myself here...

I guess what I have been trying to say is, I want us to really show this frustration and passion to McNair, the front office, coaching staff, and players.

Trying to stop this situation is impossible if they keep playing they way they have been and dropping some heartbreakers.

I think the entire Texans organization and the players need to take this personally and win the next 4 games. They need to get that done for the loyal fans, and as Apollo Creed said in Rocky III, "There is no tomorrow!"

Which brings me to fans wearing Vince jerseys or whatever. That is going to happen if the Texans keep playing this way, it's like trying to stop a mob when a Brink's truck crashs and $1,000,000 falls out, people are going to go crazy and not do the right thing. The Texans are in control, don't crash the Brink's truck!

I know this is the same old thing from me, just wanted to provide another slice of pie.

Texanfan4ever
12-08-2006, 02:18 PM

I guess what I have been trying to say is, I want us to really show this frustration and passion to McNair, the front office, coaching staff, and players.

Trying to stop this situation is impossible if they keep playing they way they have been and dropping some heartbreakers.

I think the entire Texans organization and the players need to take this personally and win the next 4 games. They need to get that done for the loyal fans, and as Apollo Creed said in Rocky III, "There is no tomorrow!"

Which brings me to fans wearing Vince jerseys or whatever. That is going to happen if the Texans keep playing this way, it's like trying to stop a mob when a Brink's truck crashs and $1,000,000 falls out, people are going to go crazy and not do the right thing. The Texans are in control, don't crash the Brink's truck!

I know this is the same old thing from me, just wanted to provide another slice of pie.

If you are really set on shoving whatever you think there is to shove down Bob McNair's throat, then DON"T GO!!!!!! Empty seats are what works. Not spending your money is what works.

And better for the rest of us who aren't bandwagon jumpers. We don't have to put up with absurdity of watching you behave childishly.:brickwall

Texanfan4ever
12-08-2006, 02:20 PM
One other thing, do you seriously think you and a few hundred other VY lovers wearing his jersey is going to sway Mr. McNair one way or the other? He's a business man, and a success wealthy one at that. He didn't get that way by accident.

P.S. He'll just think you are from Austin. Won't bother him a bit.

Enough said.......

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
:brickwall I've been "lurking" for 4 years on this site and I've finally come to the conclusion that Houston fans don't deserve a franchise in the NFL. I watched George Blanda leave for "NFL fame" to Oakland. Sid Gilman coach the "Oilers" and end up in the HOF. I was there when our team (Houston Oilers) came home, defeated by the Steelers, to a hero's welcome. I've seen O.A. "Bum" Phillips get shafted by Bud, errrrr Ladd Herzog and throw Earl Campell to the Ain'ts as well (being from Tyler, I guess he doesn't count?! Mike Renfro in the end zone. Mike Barber being himself. Carl Mauck coming off the plane (quite stewed!) and telling Bob Allen "live", We Kicked their arses!".

And then see Pastorini getting "slobber knocked" game in and game out! When the Oiler's were losing, Houston fans boo'ed him unmercifully! Once "Luv Ya Blue" came to fruition, he was a saint! As a team, the Oilers made a fan base that loved the team. Today, with instant gradification, we boo everything and not look at those "lean" years, where we were the "joke" of professional football, untill we kicked down that door. One team, (the Steelers) kept us out of the Super Bowl and damn, were they good!

Now, I've got "my" team, to once again scrap up the NFL food chain and will bring me the joy I felt when I greeted "my" team, after a loss. Professional football is back in Houston! You wanna cheer the "former" Oilers, I live in Nashville and SW airlines flies here every day! Need an Austin fix!? Drive to Austin! These hillbillies still have their UTN (National Championship) license plate from 10 years ago!

Flame me, call me a "homer", or disreguard this, I don't care! If your team (and I mean team) is predicated by one man and the other 10 don't mean a "flip", just remember the ESPN commercial with Carr behind center and there being no one else!

Better yet, wait another 10-15 years for another franchise to make the same mistake and want to come here....to this:brickwall

Welcome to the forum. Good first post. :thumbup

It's simple. Reliant Stadium is the homefield of the Houston Texans. We want it filled with rabid Texans fanatics that show love and support for the team through thick and thin. This kind of fan devotion can inspire players and give teams a homefield advantage that can make the difference in the outcomes of games.

Other cities have it: Oakland, New York, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Green Bay, Buffalo, etc. Can you imagine your question in the Black Hole in Oakland?! Those people would tear your argument to pieces! You're either being naive or just don't understand the devotion of an NFL fanatic to their team. It's a passion that you have or you don't (it's obviously a choice). It doesn't mean that you can't criticize your team, it just means that during the game, you give your team your undying support and don't root for the opponent under any circumstance.

Maddict5
12-08-2006, 02:36 PM

yeah because its not like the mcnair etc want to win:rolleyes: :brickwall :brickwall

swtbound07
12-08-2006, 02:57 PM
I said this a lot during the "Bush Bowl" games of last year, and I heard it echoed earlier in this thread so i feel it merits a repeat. Its not a good thing to claim to be a fan of a team and wish for them to lose. I love the Texans, and I can't ever even BET against them, much less root against them. You plan to win the games. I will look at this game through clear glasses (Like in the NFL prediction thread) and realize that we probably won't win this game, just like we probably won't win the Colts game. That isn't being a bad fan, thats being grounded in reality. I am going to cheer for us, and like I said in another thread, Will be watching from home and will be wearing my Battle Red Andre jersey. Personally I don't think people on message boards should get into defining who is a fan and who is not, I think only the individual can answer that question. This Sunday will definitely be ugly, and voices will definitely be heard. Not many people are willing to suck it up and toe the David Carr party line. Fortunately we are almost done and won't have to deal with this for another year. Deep breaths guys. Deep Breaths.

jerek
12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
... just remember the ESPN commercial with Carr behind center and there being no one else!

Is there really such a commercial???

I want to see it if there is!

TEXANS84
12-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Is there really such a commercial???

I want to see it if there is!

Yep. Happened right before the 2003 draft.

Carr was lined up behind McKinney, and that's it. Cowboys defensive line was lined up across from them.

I can't remember the exact words, but I believe it was "What does your team need?"

bulldog87
12-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I dont understand why a grown man would wear anyones jersey. I can understand wives and girlfriends of the players wearing them.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Yep. Happened right before the 2003 draft.

Carr was lined up behind McKinney, and that's it. Cowboys defensive line was lined up across from them.

I can't remember the exact words, but I believe it was "What does your team need?"

That was pretty much it... Maybe not ver batim but darn close.

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Personally I don't think people on message boards should get into defining who is a fan and who is not, .

I agree...which is why we can look at precedent set by other cities and their NFL history. We [the fans] don't have to define anything because it has already been defined before the Houston Texans ever existed.

Unfortunately, it's obvious that a majority of Houston fans don't measure up to NFL standards.....at least not at this point in time.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I agree...which is why we can look at precedent set by other cities and their NFL history. We [the fans] don't have to define anything because it has already been defined before the Houston Texans ever existed.

Unfortunately, it's obvious that a majority of Houston fans don't measure up to NFL standards.....at least not at this point in time.

How is that obvious to you? What criteria did you base that on? What testing method did you use. Did you have a control group? Was there a double-blind if it was a poll?

Give me a break. Don't spout out an opinion and call it fact.

Nawzer
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Just wanted to chime in on this whole fan thing. I've always thought Houston has great fans when the team wins. Look at the Astros the last couple of years. Now the Rockets are winning and TC looks pretty full these days. We have some of the loudest and proudest fans around. The thing about Houston fans are that they don't support or want to support a loosing team. Now some of you who call yourselves "true fan" may say that you stick with your team through the good time and the bad times, but I can't fault somebody not supporting a loosing product year after year. The team has to earn the fans imho. To me the bottom line was and always is winning. If you win you get fans if you don't then you won't have fans. That's my 2 cents.

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 04:51 PM
How is that obvious to you? What criteria did you base that on? What testing method did you use. Did you have a control group? Was there a double-blind if it was a poll?

Give me a break. Don't spout out an opinion and call it fact.

You are simply ignorant of NFL history in other cities.

I have lived in Houston my whole life and this week's attitudes are par for the course for football fans in this city. Have you even bothered to pay attention to the local media this week? Local news articles? Sports talk? THIS FORUM?

Get a clue.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:01 PM

I have lived in Houston my whole life and this week's attitudes are par for the course for football fans in this city. Have you even bothered to pay attention to the local media this week? Local news articles? Sports talk? THIS FORUM?

Get a clue.

I'm a mere three years younger than you, and have seen enough Oiler football, Rocket basketball, and Astros baseball (all in person) to know something about the pulse of this sports city. You're no spring chicken and neither am I. I saw Campbell with my own eyes. I saw Nolan with my own eyes. I saw the Dream and Moses with my own eyes.

I'm just saying you shouldn't take your perception and opinion and state it as fact.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:10 PM

Get a clue.

Negative rep huh? You really are diplomatic.

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm a mere three years younger than you, and have seen enough Oiler football, Rocket basketball, and Astros baseball (all in person) to know something about the pulse of this sports city. You're no spring chicken and neither am I. I saw Campbell with my own eyes. I saw Nolan with my own eyes. I saw the Dream and Moses with my own eyes.

I'm just saying you shouldn't take your perception and opinion and state it as fact.

Alrighty. :ok:

Tell me, Mr. Houston Football, exactly how many folks showed up on city council's doorstep demanding that they work a deal to keep the Oilers in this city? (Look to Cleveland to see how dedicated fans do it)

And what are we reading on these forums, in the newspaper, on the radio, etc.? Houston Texans fans wearing other teams colors for a variety of reasons! This is not opinion, but the way things are if you would even bother to open your eyes to it all.

Go to another team's forum and see how many threads they've got started about this very subject. Go ahead, I beg you. Other NFL fans don't wear opposing teams colors and don't cheer for opposing players!!! Are you in denial or something?

And researching your own posts, I've never seen you say that anything you 'spout' is opinion. Should I follow you around with pithy little comments about putting a disclaimer that you're stating an opinion when you're presenting it as 'fact'?

Read my post you responded to, and you will not see the word "fact" anywhere in it. You can blow it out of your assumption next time, or, if you must ASSUME, then assume that a forum is for espousing opinions to begin with, because it's an easy concept to grasp. :howdy:

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Negative rep huh? You really are diplomatic.

I don't give negative rep. Ask Vinny, the guy that runs the place.

Another nice assumption on your part. You must be pro.

But I see that you do give negative rep. You rock.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:15 PM

Whoever it was didn't have the gnads to leave their name.

hollywood_texan
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
If you are really set on shoving whatever you think there is to shove down Bob McNair's throat, then DON"T GO!!!!!! Empty seats are what works. Not spending your money is what works.

And better for the rest of us who aren't bandwagon jumpers. We don't have to put up with absurdity of watching you behave childishly.:brickwall

I never said I was going to root for VY or the Titans. My point was to explain why it will happen if the Texans continue to lose, because that is really the point. There is a much broader issue here than VY. As good as he is, and as great is he may become, he is and never will be that good or great. The Texans control their destiny and the fan base by winning alone, regardless of what Vince Young does. I am just trying to explain what will happen, not to say I will do it or that it is right.

I am not trying shovel anything down McNair's throat, but this issue can be resolved in a very easy manner, WIN THE LAST FOUR GAMES!!!! That happens, and this won't even be a real dicussion.

As I said in other threads, I will keep my season tickets, but not spend any money in the stadium until this team hits .500 one season. That is where I am going to draw the line.

Vinny
12-08-2006, 07:20 PM

But I see that you do give negative rep. You rock.

Whoever it was didn't have the gnads to leave their name.It was a noob (he has less than 50 posts...so I guess he is noobish perhaps) with a rep power of 0 (till he gets to 50 posts)...so you didn't get negative rep actually. Since he didn't leave a comment he may have meant it to be positive for all you know....don't stress on this rep thing...it's not worth stressing about. Just report vulgar comments.

SmokingPiper
12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I was in favor in letting Carr test the market and not give him the 8 mil bonus. He did not earn it during his first 4 years. I also wanted the Texans to draft VY. Yes I am a UT fan. Well I was not the GM so I did not get my way. I guess I missed pro football when Bottom Line Bud took the Oilers to Tenn. I will allways show my support for the Houston Team. NO to #10 --- I am a TEXAN now and forever- unless they leave Houston. Wearing #10 or supporting Tenn. is like telling BUD you appriciate him moving the Oilers to Tenn. Well it did give us a better owner.