PDA

View Full Version : Taylor to see action against Titans

whiskeyrbl
12-08-2006, 09:39 AM
In todays chronicle it says that rb Chris Taylor will play for the first time this Sunday. What are your thoughts? Is this a good move or not.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
In todays chronicle it says that rb Chris Taylor will play for the first time this Sunday. What are your thoughts? Is this a good move or not.

More than likely only on special teams. I all for giving him a shot. Heck, what do we have to lose? Maybe he'll be that diamond in the rough.:dance3:

jerek
About time.

I liked him in camp. Let's see what he can do in the real thing.

Dayne is a last measure. Lundy is adequate if he can find the hole, which isn't enough. Gado apparently isn't any better. I say why not give him a try?

real
Great move....

He looked pretty good in pre-season...He's our fastest back, and the only reason he wasn't on the active roster earlier is because he fumbled...

HJam72
12-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Some reason to believe Taylor will get the majority of snaps? I though Dayne was a lock to start and play at least 3 qtrs. worth (in total).

real
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Some reason to believe Taylor will get the majority of snaps? I though Dayne was a lock to start and play at least 3 qtrs. worth (in total).

On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the same way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....

HJam72
12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....

OK, thanx for the info.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2006, 11:10 AM
On FSSW last night on the "Texans Huddle" They interviewed Kubiak and he said that he believes Dayne is best late in games when the defense is tired...He said that was the same way he played in Denver.....I guess you'd have had to hear it, but IMO, it sounded like Kubiak was going to go with Lundy/Taylor in the early part of the game and then pound them with Dayne....

Let's hope we're either winning or at least in a close game so we can stick with the running game. :cool:

Hulk75
12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
Good...........
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/specials/draft/2006/04/28/hidden.gems/index.html

Chris Taylor, RB, Indiana: Many considered it a travesty that Taylor was not invited to the combine after a terrific senior season. At 5-11 and possessing 4.4 speed, he'll produce at the next level once he adds a little polish to his game.
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2006/pro_day_results/indiana.htm
Chris Taylor RB Chris Taylor (5-11 1/8, 222) ran 4.55 and 4.53 in the 40, 4.24 short shuttle, 11.24 long shuttle and 6.99 three-cone drill. He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-7 broad jump and 15 lifts.

Hervoyel
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm pretty sick of the carousel at RB. How can Kubiak expect anyone to make game to game adjustments if they never see game to game action? Stick with Lundy and Gado...let Dayne go somewhere else, and keep Taylor around in case we need him, but be consistent.

I feel the same way about the carousel. I do not like this "Running back of the week" mess. I want to see a starter and I want to see him every friggin Sunday. I think that nobody ever gets into a groove the way the Texans are doing things and nobody ever will.

I don't even care who it is in this bunch (they're all pretty ordinary to me) but let somebody be our starting running back. Give somebody enough touches to get rolling. Dayne even did it when they gave him the ball in the second half last week.

jerek
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Going back into the preseason, I liked Taylor for our starting back. I don't know why he's been on the bench to this point but at the very least he's our most athletic back. I'm a little surprised given Dayne's production last week that they're bringing him up, but then again, for perspective, we were playing the Raiders. So long as he doesn't put the ball on the ground, I think he'll do well. Will be interesting to see how my feel for his skill stacks up in the real game.

I agree that in general the musical backs is counterproductive to developing a rhythm, but Lundy has been too hit or miss at this point IMO.

mexican_texan
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
You do know our starter is on IR, right? Kubiak didn't plan on losing DD all year.

cuzof26
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
being a grad from iu i am happy for taylor to get some touches..with the lackluster run game all year i think this move was overdue....Whats the worst that can happen??23 yrds rushing?? enough said:cool:

nunusguy
12-08-2006, 11:45 AM

I like it ! I'm sure Kubiak very much wants to win this weekend, but he's still taking the long-term view most of all.
He wants to see what he's got at as many positions as possible where there's any uncertainty. When he's decided what positions require upgrading so he can set his priorities for the off season in FA and the college Draft.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Going back into the preseason, I liked Taylor for our starting back. I don't know why he's been on the bench to this point but at the very least he's our most athletic back. I'm a little surprised given Dayne's production last week that they're bringing him up, but then again, for perspective, we were playing the Raiders. So long as he doesn't put the ball on the ground, I think he'll do well. Will be interesting to see how my feel for his skill stacks up in the real game.

From this quote from Kubiak, I suppose it was because he fumbled too much.

(on whether playing Taylor who hasn’t had a touch since preseason brings up fumble worries) “He’d better not. But now that you brought it up, yeah now I’m a little worried about it. No, as a matter of fact, I told Chris (Taylor) yesterday, I said, ‘Chris, why weren’t you on the final roster?’ Chris said, ‘Because of my pass blocking?’ I said, ‘No.’ ‘Because I wouldn’t get the ball downhill?’ I said, ‘No, you put the ball on the ground. So you better be ready to protect the ball this week.” So he knows that was on of the reasons he was on the practice squad, because he did a lot of good things. If he does touch it he needs to hang on to it. Remind him of that.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3178&section=N%20Latest%20News

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2006, 12:17 PM

Huh. Interesting,f irst I've heard of that. If nothing else, it'll be interesting.

Vambo, the Marble Eye
12-08-2006, 12:27 PM
being a grad from iu i am happy for taylor to get some touches..with the lackluster run game all year i think this move was overdue....Whats the worst that can happen??23 yrds rushing?? enough said:cool:

He fumbles, Cuz. He fumbles. Got to have the ball to score

HJam72
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
"What are your thoughts?"

Who is Chris Taylor? I don't hardly remember him. Is he the white runningback? Does he run a 4.4 or a 4.57 (something like that) in the 40? If he rushes for 150 yds. and fumbles once, will Kubiak cut him? Can he catch? Can he pass block, because he doesn't think he can? Can he be Carr's leader? Will he rush for more or less yardage than Young? Will he rush for more than Carr throws for? Will Carr throw everything to him? Can he break tackles at the line of scrimmage or after a dump-off catch, because he's gonna have to? Will he be consistant? Does this mean somebody else was deactivated? Why now? What next? Just how soon will Dayne come in?

cuzof26
12-08-2006, 12:35 PM
i have heard he will drop the rock....but in the BIG picture of things.....good move...have to see what you have on the field in taylor before you shelf him on the practice squad forever....gotta be in it to win it:soldier:

fyi--carr has 7 fumbles lost this year......so.......give the kid a chance

tsip
12-08-2006, 01:36 PM

I think it's a great move, if it happens. However, I hope Kubiak is not like Capers was in this area--all talk and no show--anybody remember Preston Parsons (QB), who was on our squad in '05? There was a pre-season game where all the QBs were banged up except Parsons, and Capers was asked which QB was going to play that Sat--his answer was along the line, "...only QB I know will play for sure is Parsons..."

Parsons never played a down for the Texans and ended up playing in Denver last season....

TexanFanInCC
12-08-2006, 01:49 PM

love it! nice to get a spring of youth in there.

TEXANS MVP
12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
If I Am Not Mistaking Chris Taylor Had 0 Fumbles In Pre-season It Was Lundy Who Had The Fumbling Problem

Hervoyel
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
If I Am Not Mistaking Chris Taylor Had 0 Fumbles In Pre-season It Was Lundy Who Had The Fumbling Problem

You may be correct, I don't really remember. I don't remember any preseason game fumbles from Chris Taylor either.

I wonder if Taylor fumbled in practice and that's what Kubiak is talking about.

tsip
12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
The last thing we need this week is multiple fumbles.

does anyone fumble more than Carr?...nothing to lose, let's see what the kid can do

WiiBrawler
12-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Wow, it seems like Kubiak will tolerate any fumbling from this football team. On that quote Hou-Tex posted, it said that Kubiak cut Chris Taylor because of his fumbling problems, he didnt fumble in any games, just in practice. I wonder if Kubiak has something on Chris Taylor?

Sportsfan
12-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Can someone post a scouting report for Chris Taylor, or direct me to a site w/some good scouting reports?
Thanks

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 04:42 PM
On special teams?

Mr. White
12-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Looks like we're in the evaluation phase for next season. The pre-preseason.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Looks like we're in the evaluation phase for next season. The pre-preseason.
I said as much several weeks ago. I'm not going digging for the thread though.