PDA

View Full Version : What if we win though?

El Tejano
12-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I've been hearing all week long about how Vince is going to be fired up for this game and how he is going to make Houston regret not taking him in the draft.

How when we lose we will realize what a mistake we made, Vince homecoming this Vince homecoming that.

What if we are the ones coming home with the victory? What will that say for us?

IMO everyone from the team to the fans need to start thinking this way.

If anything the team should use this as a rally to come closer together. A win like this takes heat off David and Mario and that should mean a whole lot. Everyone is focused on David but Mario has alot to do with this game too.

whiskeyrbl
12-08-2006, 09:04 AM
What do you mean "What If we win", of course we are gonna win. The only dancin' Vince is gonna do is before the game. After that it's the "Mario and Demeco Show".

TNTitan
12-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I've been hearing all week long about how Vince is going to be fired up for this game and how he is going to make Houston regret not taking him in the draft.

How when we lose we will realize what a mistake we made, Vince homecoming this Vince homecoming that.

What if we are the ones coming home with the victory? What will that say for us?

IMO everyone from the team to the fans need to start thinking this way.

If anything the team should use this as a rally to come closer together. A win like this takes heat off David and Mario and that should mean a whole lot. Everyone is focused on David but Mario has alot to do with this game too.

it will say a 4-8 team beat a 5-7 team

thunderkyss
12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I haven't even considered what would happen if the Titans win..... I don't think it's going to happen.

We manhandled them the last game, and we've gotten better than them since our last meeting.

David had a bad game last week...... he always bounces back with a solid performance the following week.

Mario's a bad Mutha.......

Demeco's a bad Mutha......

Greenwood's coming on......

Our secondary is starting to carry their own weight...

RonDayne will most likely start....

we're at home

Everything is falling our way, for us to have a strong game.... actually finish the season pretty strong...

Before it's over with there will be more folks on the Carr wagon, and David will probably our starter next year, no questions asked.

cuppacoffee
12-08-2006, 09:51 AM
it will say a 4-8 team beat a 5-7 team

Couple of real powerhouses aren't we..:cool:

TexanBacker93
12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I see no reason to think the Texans won't walk out of Reliant Stadium with a win on Sunday. I expect nothing less each week and I would hope the Texans themselves feel the same way.

While this team is still some pieces away from being a playoff juggernaut they are vastly improved over last year's model. There is still a good chance of ending up with 6 wins. Yes a couple of the wins this year were ugly. There are always wins like that. Teams have to find ways to win the games no matter how pretty. There are no style points in the NFL. Other teams have wins just as bad on their list. They've had a couple of wins slip out of their grasp and that's what needs to get fixed before this team can get into the playoffs.

Battle Red Flash
12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
This is a HUGE game for Carr and all Texans. Carr sounded serious about winning this Friday on 610. If he has any "special-ness" about him, this is the game to show it. I think Texans can win, but looking at the last three Titans victories, I can't see how the Texans are favored.

Still, I'm a homer. Texans 24, Titans 21. :bananasplit:

real
12-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Carr sounded serious about winning this Friday on 610.

To me Carr sounded like he was tired....

infantrycak
12-08-2006, 10:28 AM
I can't see how the Texans are favored.

Interesting factoid. Troy Aikman has developed his own efficiency ratings for teams. He looks beyond total yards and into red zone efficiency, 1st downs, 3rd down conversion, etc. Straight up (no line) the team with the overall efficiency rating wins over 85% of the time. After 13 weeks, the Texans are 24th and the Titans are 25th--basically neck a neck.

HJam72
12-08-2006, 11:09 AM
Interesting factoid. Troy Aikman has developed his own efficiency ratings for teams. He looks beyond total yards and into red zone efficiency, 1st downs, 3rd down conversion, etc. Straight up (no line) the team with the overall efficiency rating wins over 85% of the time. After 13 weeks, the Texans are 24th and the Titans are 25th--basically neck a neck.

Wonder how his ratings compare to betting spreads. :spy: