PDA

View Full Version : this is why houston sucks as a sports town...

jteg25
12-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I know im not the only one who thinks that crab bud adams is sitting in his office counting all the money that houston football fans....the same fans whose hearts were torn out when football left.....and laughing his butt off. God we must have no self respect. I loved Vince at U.T, he brought a championship home to texas, good for him, but he's with the enemy. One I consider to be worse than the cowgurls. He gets a cheer in the intro and thats it. Any "real" texan fans that cheer for him anytime during the game need to realize he is doing it to beat your team, not help you. Get some respect. I will never support the titans...bud adams old greedy self or anything affiliated with those sorry titans. Buying Vince jerseys and calling yourself a texans fan is just putting more money in that jerks pocket. He's pointing and laughing at you cuz he has you all on his little strings like some puppets. I may have rambled but man I hate houston fans for being so freakin disloyal.

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Agreed!

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Loyalty will come once this team brings excitement and winning seasons. You know it. For starters we must get rid of Carr. He needs a change of scenary and its only fair for him. I hate bashing the guy, i really do.

QB75
12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
There are going to be quite a few pathetic types who will attend their only Texans game this weekend to whine about the Texans having passed on Vince. They will be instantly recognizable by wearing #10 TU jerseys, Titan jerseys, or holding their sad little protest signs. Big deal.

jteg25
12-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Loyalty will come once this team brings excitement and winning seasons. You know it. For starters we must get rid of Carr. He needs a change of scenary and its only fair for him. I hate bashing the guy, i really do.

I understand people want a winner thats fine...i do too but come on to sell our souls like that to the devil=bud adams. I cant do that. I have to much respest. Yea fine, you want Carr gone..it looks like he is heading that way and I think Kevin Kolb would be a nice fit for the texans, but come on we need to move on...that prom date left us and now she is making out with our best friends in front of us....and most of ya'll still have her pictures on the wall...MOVE ON!!!!

Hookem Horns
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
For starters we must get rid of Carr.

Unfortunately Carr doesn't play for the Titans so I don't understand how you can say we must get rid of Carr.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
"#10 TU jerseys"

Hi Aggy:D

mexican_texan
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
I know im not the only one who thinks that crab bud adams is sitting in his office counting all the money that houston football fans....the same fans whose hearts were torn out when football left.....and laughing his butt off. God we must have no self respect. I loved Vince at U.T, he brought a championship home to texas, good for him, but he's with the enemy. One I consider to be worse than the cowgurls. He gets a cheer in the intro and thats it. Any "real" texan fans that cheer for him anytime during the game need to realize he is doing it to beat your team, not help you. Get some respect. I will never support the titans...bud adams old greedy self or anything affiliated with those sorry titans. Buying Vince jerseys and calling yourself a texans fan is just putting more money in that jerks pocket. He's pointing and laughing at you cuz he has you all on his little strings like some puppets. I may have rambled but man I hate houston fans for being so freakin disloyal.
Basically my thoughts.

Charter PSL Fan
12-07-2006, 10:13 PM
but come on we need to move on...that prom date left us and now she is making out with our best friends in front of us....and most of ya'll still have her pictures on the wall...MOVE ON!!!!

Good post! Humorous way to put it.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Unfortunately Carr doesn't play for the Titans so I don't understand how you can say we must get rid of Carr.

I still root for the Texans, so yes, "we". Just not for this game. This is a statement game and I want VY to show them guys who they passed on. You should know that Hookem Horns, if you are really a "Longhorn fan"

QB75
12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
"#10 TU jerseys"

Hi Aggy:D

Nope.

vinceyoungfan
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM

why is that so hard to understand? Vince and the Titans has done something that Carr hasn't ever been able to do and that is beat Peyton Manning's team. You guys need a leader and Carr isn't going to ever be one.
I have nothing against the Texans or their fans. I just know the team isn't going anywhere with Carr as the leader. IMO

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.texags.com/images/forum/icon22.gif
Yep, so true. It sucks that my boy vince was able to beat Payton in HIS FIRST YEAR. That does sting. And both games were pretty close too. I may be wrong.

Speedy
12-07-2006, 10:25 PM
why is that so hard to understand? Vince and the Titans has done something that Carr hasn't ever been able to do and that is beat Peyton Manning's team. You guys need a leader and Carr isn't going to ever be one.
I have nothing against the Texans or their fans. I just know the team isn't going anywhere with Carr as the leader. IMO

Big deal. Young has never beaten the Jaguars.

Texansfan36
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I still root for the Texans, so yes, "we". Just not for this game. This is a statement game and I want VY to show them guys who they passed on. You should know that Hookem Horns, if you are really a "Longhorn fan"

It dosen't look to me like you're rooting for the Texans. Being a Longhorn fan has nothing to do with Texans vs Titans. VY is no longer wearing burnt orange, he's now the enemy. A "real" Texan fan can accept that.

If my words have affended anyone, I don't care thats the way I feel about it.

vinceyoungfan
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Big deal. Young has never beaten the Jaguars.

big deal. Carr has never beaten the Colts. One of the best teams in NFL. Jaguars? Hahahahaha

mexican_texan
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
You wouln't root for a rival if you were indeed a "Texans fan."

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.texags.com/images/forum/icon27.gif

I wonder how parents who have two kids on different teams feel. This is my case.

vinceyoungfan
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
It dosen't look to me like your rooting for the Texans. Being a Longhorn fan has nothing to do with Texans vs Titans. VY is no longer wearing burnt orange, he's now the enemy. A "real" Texan fan can accept that.

If my words have affended anyone, I don't care thats the way I feel about it.

a "real" Texan fan? What is that exactly? You can be a fan of the Texans and still cheer for Vince Young.

Perfect Example here. I've been following the Titans since they moved here to Tennessee. I've always been a huge fan of Steve McNair. Steve McNair decided that he's not going to agree with his new contract which included a pay increase. So he is traded to the Ravens. Talk about major disappointment on my behalf. I was pissed. I'm a Titans fan first I will always cheer for the Titans even when we play against Steve and the Ravens. If we're not playing the Ravens I root for Steve. So I guess you're going to say I'm not a "real fan" of the Titans. I say Whatever.
When Steve was here in Tennessee this year I cheered for him when he came out of the tunnel. I cheered for the Titans the rest of the game. When Steve threw a touchdown pass. I cheered for Steve! It's my right as a fan to cheer for any player that I want to. It is wrong to tell people they aren't "real fans" just because they choose to cheer for someone not on your team.

stepping off the soapbox

jteg25
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
a "real" Texan fan? What is that exactly? You can be a fan of the Texans and still cheer for Vince Young.

Perfect Example here. I've been following the Titans since they moved here to Tennessee. I've always been a huge fan of Steve McNair. Steve McNair decided that he's not going to agree with his new contract which included a pay increase. So he is traded to the Ravens. Talk about major disappointment on my behalf. I was pissed. I'm a Titans fan first I will always cheer for the Titans even when we play against Steve and the Ravens. If we're not playing the Ravens I root for Steve. So I guess you're going to say I'm not a "real fan" of the Titans. I say Whatever.
When Steve was here in Tennessee this year I cheered for him when he came out of the tunnel. I cheered for the Titans the rest of the game. When Steve threw a touchdown pass. I cheered for Steve! It's my right as a fan to cheer for any player that I want to. It is wrong to tell people they aren't "real fans" just because they choose to cheer for someone not on your team.

stepping off the soapbox

Good try at putting it into perspective for us, but you half to understand there is some history between houston and the titans..THEY USE TO BE THE OILERS!!!!!..so yea forgive us if we get a little over the top about whats a real fan or not but steve-o mcnair going to the ravens doesnt really compare....you guys have no history with the ravens, no years of broken hearts following that old team. No ill will toward their greedy money hungry owner who fired the best coach a houston football team ever had. See you dont get that. Never will..nice try

Heres your soapbox back

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 10:45 PM

stepping off the soapbox

McNair played for the Oilers/Titans so yes you should have rooted for him to have a good game but not win but see there is the difference he played for that team VY was never a Texan ( team wise) so their is no reason to support him. I wise no ill will toward him but he is not a Texan go ahead clap for his return to his home city but once they kick off get over it and support your team.

mexican_texan
12-07-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.texags.com/images/forum/icon27.gif

I wonder how parents who have two kids on different teams feel. This is my case.
Always go with the first born.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Always go with the first born.

Vince is older than the Texans. The Oilers were here before the Texans. I was a longhorn before I became a Texan. :rolleyes:

Texansfan36
12-07-2006, 10:49 PM

stepping off the soapbox

Thats a whole different can of worms though, Is McNair in your division? Did you root for McNair first and the Titans second? Did you boo the Titans when they made a play on McNair? No I don't think you did. I love UCLA to death but am I going to boo the Texans when Maurice Jones-Drew or M. Lewis comes to town. No, because they aren't Bruins anymore they now Jags, and I hate the Jags with a passion. Do I still like them yea, they are some of my favorite players and I do root for them, but I'm not going to put the Texans on the back burner because we didn't draft one of em. That is what most of these so called "Texan" fans are doing, they are putting the Texans on the back burner. IMHO you can't call yourself a Texan fan, and then root for Titans to beat them because of one player. Were you rooting for the Ravens to beat the Titans? I would hope not.

Thats what I'm getting at. These so called Texan fans are rooting for the Texans to "LOSE" to a division rival because of one player. Root for the guy, I most likely will be too, but I'm not going to root for him when he plays the Texans, and I'm not going to put him or any other player I like before the team I am loyal to.

Thats my :twocents:

If there are any spelling or grammatical errors in this post I appologize in advance.

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Well good for you hope you have a nice time at the Alamo Bowl.

mexican_texan
12-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Vince is older than the Texans. The Oilers were here before the Texans. I was a longhorn before I became a Texan. :rolleyes:
Hank Stram was a Texans head coach. That's all I have to say about that.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Well good for you hope you have a nice time at the Alamo Bowl.

Dissapointing season it was. But we still finished 9-3 with a chance to make it 10-3. :rolleyes:

It's ok, you can't win it all the time;)

jteg25
12-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Thats a whole different can of worms though, Is McNair in your division? Did you root for McNair first and the Titans second? Did you boo the Titans when they made a play on McNair? No I don't think you did. I love UCLA to death but am I going to boo the Texans when Maurice Jones-Drew or M. Lewis comes to town. No, because they aren't Bruins anymore they now Jags, and I hate the Jags with a passion. Do I still like them yea, they are some of my favorite players and I do root for them, but I'm not going to put the Texans on the back burner because we didn't draft one of em. That is what most of these so called "Texan" fans are doing, they are putting the Texans on the back burner. IMHO you can't call yourself a Texan fan, and then root for Titans to beat them because of one player. Were you rooting for the Ravens to beat the Titans? I would hope not.

Thats what I'm getting at. These so called Texan fans are rooting for the Texans to "LOSE" to a division rival because of one player. Root for the guy, I most likely will be too, but I'm not going to root for him when he plays the Texans, and I'm not going to put him or any other player I like before the team I am loyal to.

Thats my :twocents:

If there are any spelling or grammatical errors in this post I appologize in advance.

Basically..thats what the heck i'm saying:whoohoo: :whoohoo:

gwallaia
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Unfortunately for us, the NFL will see just how crappy Houston sports "fans" are this Sunday.

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Agreed it will be a sad day to see that some of the fans who root for the Texans regardless of who is playing will be labeled with the rest.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Agreed it will be a sad day to see that some of the fans who root for the Texans regardless of who is playing will be labeled with the rest.

And we can all blame management.
:tearup:

gwallaia
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
No, I blame the shallow fans.

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:03 PM
No you can blame yourself for not supporting the team you say you are a fan of if you are a Texans fan.

jteg25
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
No, I blame the shallow fans.

HERE HERE!!!!

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:08 PM
"shallow fans" still bring in lots of money to the organization.:rolleyes:

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
So let me ask you this if you have more than one team you like you do not support one of those teams when they do not win or pick someone you wanted.

mannyo123
12-07-2006, 11:12 PM
So let me ask you this if you have more than one team you like you do not support one of those teams when they do not win or pick someone you wanted.

Real Texan Fans know who you are! I am still a Texan

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Im still trying to dissect what you just wrote. Can you ask that question over.

Texansfan36
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
In a nutshell he is asking do you always bail on the team you like when they don't pick the guy you have a massive man crush on.

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Let me slow it down you are a Longhorn fan and if you are a Texans fan and one of those teams are not winning or do not draft/recruit someone you like you do not support that team because you are mad at the ones in charge.

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
In a nutshell he is asking do you always bail on the team you like when they don't pick the guy you have a massive man crush on.

Or this.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Let me slow it down you are a Longhorn fan and if you are a Texans fan and one of those teams are not winning or do not draft/recruit someone you like you do not support that team because you are mad at the ones in charge.

Much better.

Of course not. Recruiting is much different than drafting players in the NFL. In the NFL you get a few picks, in college the situation is much different. The fact that Vince did everything that he did.. right in front of our noses, and yet we still pass on the guy just boggles my mind. It will take me awhile for me to forgive the Texans. I just fear that Vince will make us look "stupid" for a decision that many of us did not agree with.
:cowboy1:

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Well either you support the TEAM or you do not do you have to like management no hell we had the Oilers so that proves that. How about those guys in uniform that plays for this team what are they going to think when they come home to play just to have their own fans rooting for the visiting team or free agents see it I am sure they will think twice before coming here if they do not have the fans support regardless who the home team passed up.

ledzeppelin229
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Much better.

Of course not. Recruiting is much different than drafting players in the NFL. In the NFL you get a few picks, in college the situation is much different. The fact that Vince did everything that he did.. right in front of our noses, and yet we still pass on the guy just boggles my mind. It will take me awhile for me to forgive the Texans. I just fear that Vince will make us look "stupid" for a decision that many of us did not agree with.

Then this becomes simple. You are not a Texans fan. You are a Vince fan. When it comes down to the two, you say Vince > Texans. So just admit it, and quit claiming to be both whenever you feel like it. I'd rather cut out the fat of shallow fans and keep only the hardcore base than let this image of bandwagon city persist and give the rest of us a bad name as Houstonians.

TreWardTxn
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't understand why a lot of people on this board are acting like undying loyalty to a franchise is something that comes along with its inception. You need to do more than simply become a legally recognizable entity to win the loyalty of fans; namely, win. The Texans are 5 seasons in the making, and the fact of the matter is, if there were any feeling of success to this point, Vince and his boys would be booed out of the stadium come Sunday, but that simply isn't the case, and to expect that from 65, 70,000+ fans is far-fetched.

jteg25
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't understand why a lot of people on this board are acting like undying loyalty to a franchise is something that comes along with its inception. You need to do more than simply become a legally recognizable entity to win the loyalty of fans; namely, win. The Texans are 5 seasons in the making, and the fact of the matter is, if there were any feeling of success to this point, Vince and his boys would be booed out of the stadium come Sunday, but that simply isn't the case, and to expect that from 65, 70,000+ fans is far-fetched.

All im asking is win or lose..support your team..thats it..im not asking for peace on earth..just some loyalty and self respect...do you care that houston is being made fun of nationally for jumping ship from the texans to the titans because of vince?..probably not. We are a joke to everyone over this and it sickens me to think that as houstonians and houston football fans that the majority of us dont see that we are looking so fickle.

Double Barrel
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Vince and the Titans has done something that Carr hasn't ever been able to do and that is beat Peyton Manning's team.

Was it a pretty trophy for beating the Colts?

We beat one of the Superbowl teams in our second year, and took the other to overtime. BFD

When Steve threw a touchdown pass. I cheered for Steve!

Let me get this straight: you cheered when your team got scored on? :um:

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Agreed

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
I guarantee you that if we had a shot of making the playoffs, Id root for the Texans and against VY and co.

Does that answer "my loyalty" question. Unfortunately, this team has not given us a sniff of the playoffs or even been a part of the playoffs contention (Contender vs Pretender).

Roughnecks
12-07-2006, 11:44 PM
So root for them when they are going to the playoffs O.K and support anybody else when the are not headed to the playoffs I see now.

rafterticket
12-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Hank Stram was a Texans head coach. That's all I have to say about that.

Art Donovan was a Texans player. Back in the 50's.

Edit here: Has anyone else thought it funny the original Texans morphed into the Colts? Oh, yeah. They are also known as one of the worst teams in NFL history - look it up.

jteg25
12-07-2006, 11:46 PM
I guarantee you that if we had a shot of making the playoffs, Id root for the Texans and against VY and co.

:cowboy1:=Typical houston fan

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:50 PM
=Typical houston fan

Whats wrong with that?
:dance3:

powerfuldragon
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
it's true, we are a bunch of fairweathers.

I'm a realist. i always root for the texans, but i'll admit when they're outmatched.

Stampede
There might be more action in the stands than there is on the field. This has the smell of a civil war.

ATX
I'm a die hard Texan fan and also a Longhorn fan, but VY can kiss my you know what now. All I can say is I hope Mario Williams knocks the hell out of VY. I want VY to fear playing the Texans. I want VY to try and run on Demeco so he can hit him hard.

I'm not wishing injuries on anybody, so I'd like these hits to be clean hits....just hard. Make that rookie QB fear for his life back there.

Go Texans......VY and the Titans suck!!!

jteg25
12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=Stampede;526497]There might be more action in the stands than OOHHH WEEEE....sounds like a good ole texas slobber knocker...bring it on!!!

texanpride

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
VY.. suck(s)!!!

I cant believe I just read that. I mean, the guy was simply responsible for bringing us a national championship...no biggie.
:rolleyes:

rafterticket
12-07-2006, 11:58 PM
There might be more action in the stands than there is on the field. This has the smell of a civil war.

You got that right. I can honestly say that if any of the season ticket holders in the immediate area around me show up in VY or Titans jerseys, I won't say anything on Sunday. But from here out I will ask them who they're rooting for on that day. I will NEVER let them forget it. ESPECIALLY when Kubes turns this around.

kfranco_utexas
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM

No civil person is going to try to fight one another because of who he cheers for. The person bought a ticket, that means they are allowed to root for whomever the hell they wish to.:cowboy1:

rafterticket
12-08-2006, 12:00 AM
No civil person is going to try to fight one another because of who he cheers for. The person bought a ticket, that means they are allowed to root for whomever the hell they wish to.:cowboy1:

Yes, you've made that abundantly clear.

ATX
12-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I cant believe I just read that. I mean, the guy was simply responsible for bringing us a national championship...no biggie.

Oh yeah I know he was.....and he was great in that game. But he's not a longhorn anymore....he's a Titan and Titans suck.

Roughnecks
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM

I do not recall VY playing at UofH or the Coogs winning a national championship.

Stampede
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM

Your exactly right. Im just sayin...

kfranco_utexas
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
I do not recall VY playing at UofH or the Coogs winning a national championship.

http://www.texags.com/images/forum/icon23.gif

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 12:25 AM
=Typical houston fanWhats wrong with that?
:dance3:

Nothing, actually. As long as your o.k. with being a fairweather fan, then whatever floats your boat.

I'm a realist. i always root for the texans, but i'll admit when they're outmatched.

This is the definition of a fanatic Texans fan. :texflag:

You don't have to be a koolaide drinking blind homer as a fan. Criticize, b*tch and gripe all you want, just root for them in spite of the odds and regardless of who they are playing.

This is true. It's only a game, after all. The players win and lose, we just watch.

Yes, you've made that abundantly clear.

lol: sorry, but that was a funny reply

Loyalty should come with the fact that Bob McNair doled out $700 Million so that we could even have a team to cheer, but you would rather cheer the team of the jerk that used Jacksonville to get his way once and then moved to Nashville when he couldn't get his way the second time, just because he drafted a player you like?

Well said, man. Glass half empty / glass half full, just be glad we have a glass!

rafterticket
12-08-2006, 12:32 AM
lol: sorry, but that was a funny reply

Thank you. Has anyone yet said we really do have a good chance to win this game? They've got VY, but their defense still stinks!

Silver Oak
12-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Looking over the stats from the first game, it seems that if we can eliminate the turnovers, it shouldn't be too much to come away with a win this Sunday. The Texans outrushed and outpassed the Titans, but with DC having a bad game and being replaced, the turnovers killed us.

Special Teams also gave up the punt return to Pac Man Jones....hopefully they'll be looking at ways to keep him hemmed in.

VY supporters will no doubt point to his maturing since then, and maybe he has, but I still feel that the Texans beat them here. If I was in Las Vegas, I would give the 1 1/2 points and feel good about it.

Go Texans!!!

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20061029_HOU@TEN

geofb
12-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Anyone who would wear a Titans VY #10 jersey isn't a true Texans fan anyway. That type of person can't be taken seriously as a Texan fan. Just ignore them. Or if they are sitting in front of you at the game, accidently spill a beer on them.

geofb
12-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm a die hard Texan fan and also a Longhorn fan, but VY can kiss my you know what now. All I can say is I hope Mario Williams knocks the hell out of VY. I want VY to fear playing the Texans. I want VY to try and run on Demeco so he can hit him hard.

I'm not wishing injuries on anybody, so I'd like these hits to be clean hits....just hard. Make that rookie QB fear for his life back there.

Go Texans......VY and the Titans suck!!!

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better...except the part about being a diehard Longhorn fan. Actually, if anything, this whole VY BS has turned me off of UT. I don't mind if UT wins in the future but I hope they don't produce any great players because if they do, all the UT fans will want the Texans to draft that player and then come to this board and whine about how that player got screwed by the Texans, yada, yada, yada.

12-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Good post! Humorous way to put it.

love your sig man... i could live to 500 years old :rolleyes:

:rofl:

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
12-08-2006, 08:24 AM

Vince played well enough to win in this game but the more important thing by far is the play of the defense. Holding Manning and the colts to 13 & 17 points is what it takes to beat the Colts, and was the reason we were given for focusing on defense in the draft. You cant beat Indy on a shoot out you have stop their offense and keep the offensive mistakes at a minimum. By the way VY did not beat the Colts, Bironas did! This guy has come on to make two huge game winning field goals.

leachmtb
12-08-2006, 08:41 AM

The point is not whether or not the Texans have failed to earn the respect of the fans. There is no doubt. Some fans simply love football and Houston, so they will cheer no matter what is going on. Some fans started watching because of particular players that the Texans picked in drafts: David Carr, Demeco Ryans, Dominik Davis, etc. While still others are less than casual fans who simply watch the games because there is nothing better to do. Those last "fans" (I don't put the quotes for judgement, just they aren't actually fans by definition of the word) are not in argument here. They can cheer for whomever they want - they have not placed their loyalty flag up with the Texans.

However, this thread speaks of people who call themselves "Texans" fans. People are simply stating that you cannot call yourself a Texans fan and cheer for the Titans to win. :cowboy1:

I've lived in both Houston and Nashville, and I think that Nashville is a great city, but I can never cheer for any team that starts off with Tennessee (both Vols and Titans).

TSgt.Texan
12-08-2006, 08:48 AM
TRUE!!! I don't care if WE are the worst team I WILL NEVER CHEER FOR AN OTHER TEAM!!

Double Barrel
12-08-2006, 10:43 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that there will be a large group of " fans" giving away the home field advantage I think the question would be asked the other way. That is do the Titans have a chance of winning this game? I feel like everytime our " fans" boo during the game they are giving away the home field advantage but that is nothing compared to actually cheering for the other team. That certainly doesn't help the Texans. I went to the Washington Redskins game earlier this year and I felt like if we had a rabid fan base like so many other cities that we could have won that game. The fans could have been that little something extra the team needed to get over the hump in that game and start the season rolling in the right direction. Instead the " fans" booed at the first sign of any poorly executed play. I've said it before and I'll say it again when things aren't going right for your team that is when your team needs your cheers the most, not when they just scored a TD. I'm sure they appreciate hearing the cheers when they score a TD, but it is when things look grim and maybe they are starting to doubt their own abilities that your cheers of encouragement can help to lift their spirits and return their self-confidence. That is what being a fan is about, not whining about the money you spent for your PSL's. If I had the money to spend on season tickets I would have been there since day 1 cheering on my Texans. As is I'm embarressed of our " fans" and our local sports writers should be ashamed of themselves. To hear them tell it we don't have a prayer of a chance of winning this game. Maybe Kubiak should take the entire team to see Rocky Balboa for some inspiration. Lord knows, they aren't going to get it from the "fans."

Exactly, BRT. Well said, and the bolded part should be printed and passed out to every Texans fan entering the stadium.

El Amigo Invisible
12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
I am a Texans fan first. Vince is going to be a special player and I was angry with the Texans for not drafting him. I WILL NEVER ROOT FOR THE TITANS! I will always root for the Texans no matter what.

I just wish we could have had drafted Mario and Vince.:tearup: