PDA

View Full Version : My Keys to Success: vs. Tennessee

TexansAllTheWayBaby
12-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Our Houston Texans will have a big game this Sunday as we play host to the Tennessee Titans.

We can accomplish alot win this win as I said yesterday. Firstly, we could beat our rival Titans which is always big. Secondly, we would have won 2 straight back to back wins for the first time in nearly 2 years. Third, these last final 5 games are important for this team as I said last week, and we started it off with a road win against Oakland, so we need to try to keep this going.

I talked some about the Titans in my post yesterday, and they are a really hot team right now as they have put together 2 unreal wins back to back behind Mr. Vince Young, including a huge win against the Colts. This is a much better team that we faced the first time around, and it will be a big challenge for our Texans.

The following is what I believe our Texans must do in order to have success and pul out the win against Tennessee this weekend.

-Contain Vince Young. I said this as one of our key's to the game the first time around I knew he was a great player then, and we all know how much he's improved since the first time we played them. He can make big plays in crutial situations with both his legs and arm. He leads him team. You really can't totall stop him, just try to contain him. I think we first need to make sure he doesnt make big runs on us early, then focus on breaking up their passing game. We need to be very aware on 3rd down plays for his bust out runs and he's been making these past couple weeks, these can really be the momentum-busters and it keeps their drives going.

-Make big plays in the passing game. I have looked for us to do this the past couple weeks and we really haven't been making to many. We certainly have the potentail to make some big plays through the air with Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds and David Carr, but just really cant seem to find a way to. Some play-action deep balls would be nice, espically if we have another solid running game. I also look for our guy Carr to bounce back and play hard and solid this game after last week's not so hot performance against Oakland, so it should be a big game in the passing department Sunday. Big plays thourgh the air can really get your team going and get the ball down the field in a hurry on drives as we have seen in the past, and I look for us to take some chances against this Titans defense.

-Solid Special Teams. I have put this up here alot this year, but because, at times, our special teams has found ways to sorta hurt our team. A few bouched kick and punt returns here and there, a few shanked punts and I just look for us to clean this up. Jerome, wow, we missed that kid and he did really get us going in the second half opening kickoff last week, taking it 80 or 90 some yards and I look for him to step up again. In terms of field goals, Kris missed his first attempt, then nailed 3 key FGs so he seems to be getting better. Chad Stanley is just not having his best year. It may be his age catching up with him, but he's been a solid punter for us for 4 years so he can certainly boot some nice ones, as he has at times this year, and just in close games field position is very crutail so it will be important for Chad to give us a solid performance Sunday, as I think he will.

Overall, again, alot on the line for our young Houston Texans this game. The Titans are certainly a good football team.

This will be just another test for our team, another big challenge. But remember, with every challenge comes an oppurtunity and we have an oppurtunity to, again, not only beat our rivals, but to win back-to-back games for the first time in nearly 2 years, and continue to play well these last five games.

I'm getting excited about this game already, as I'm sure you are to.

Cheer us on Sunday fans at Reliant, its gonna be a huge game. Cheer us on at home and the local bar Sunday as well.

GO TEXANS !:francis:

AndreRulz
12-07-2006, 08:45 PM
my keys:
run the ball. get andre the ball. get big returns from mathis and wynn and contain vince and travis henry.

shinerbock_girl
12-08-2006, 09:16 AM
All i want is Carr to NOT screw up with his fumbles and interceptions, And Andre, PLEASEEE don't drop any more passess...

WiiBrawler
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM
My Keys:Outscore the other team for 4 quarters of play

cuzof26
12-08-2006, 12:10 PM
0 fumbles by carr+defense gets vy off the field on 3rd down+No MESS UPS on st=texans win

BigWig
12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
My Keys to Success: vs. Tennessee
1. win the game

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Score more points than Tennessee does.

Bongo59
12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Titans plan to go all out after Carr...............

http://newschannel5.com/Global/category.asp?C=85076&nav=menu374_5

Vinny
12-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Haynesworth seems humble...perhaps that little mania and 4 game time out helped him.

Bongo59
12-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Titans have only 15 sacks but they have the number one pressure guy................Texan fans know it............he lost two sacks in the texan game and he was on Carr all day long................

FROM NFL.COM

3. So who knocks the quarterback down the most? Well it is not Mario Williams and his 4.5 sacks! We see young pass rushers so cautious about the quarterback that it's taking some of the aggressiveness out of the defensive players. But when you consider that hits on the QB are almost as important as sacks, it might be a good time to check in about the defenders who have knocked the quarterbacks down the most.

The top-five players to knock the quarterback down the most don't necessarily show up as the top sack numbers, but most coaches are happy to get some big hits on the signal-callers.

Kyle Vanden Bosch is tied with Kamerion Wimbley at 22 knockdowns. Right behind them are Aaron Kampman (21) and Julius Peppers, Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott with (20). Defensive coaches want the quarterback hit as much as legally possible and they want them totally out of their comfort zone all game long. These guys are the best in the business right now at getting the job done.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9854300

Bongo59
12-08-2006, 08:19 PM
SUMMARY: Titans DE Kyle Vanden Bosch is looking forward to a big game in Houston. "For whatever reason, I always seem to play well against them and its just kind of like that with some teams," Vanden Bosch said. Over his career, Vanden Bosch has 25 percent of his sacks against Houston. "As a player, you get into the flow against some teams and I've probably played three of my best games against them," Vanden Bosch said. "I look forward to the matchup and expect to have some of the same results." In the first meeting with Houston, Vanden Bosch posted six tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble.

I guess that LT problem is still touchy down there. D'brick would have looked awfully good at LT for the next twelve yrs too.