PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think...

yaboycm
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Eric Moulds, a ten year vet in his 30's and soon to be 2 time pro bowler, Andre Johnson, really listen to their 25 year old receivers coach who never played in the NFL?

In light of T.O. not listening to Parcells...

McNair, you were supposed to get Longhorns fresh out of college who could play in the NFL not coach.

Usually you want coaches who have experience in dealing with the biggest beasts on the planet.

I know it's some kind of Kubiak-Shanahan Deal, but still...

Of course Jake Plummer will be here next year. It's part of the deal.

They might be all right, which is what Plummer is.

But they won't win multiple Super Bowls like the quarterback the Texans HAD the exclusive rights to this pick.

Did you think I'd stay away from this one?

"Mario will be good. We'll see on Sunday."

What's there to see. 10 has already done more in half a season than Davis Carr has done in 6 years. Sky's the limit.

Don't be naive.

This was the ultimate backstab.

TexanSam
12-07-2006, 12:50 AM
But they won't win multiple Super Bowls like the quarterback the Texans HAD the exclusive rights to this pick.

No guarantee. Are you a Texans fan or a Vince Young fan? What's done is done. Get over it.

Don't be naive.

Same to you buddy. Read your posts before posting that statement.

This was the ultimate backstab.

Explain how this was a backstab. The Texans don't go out of their way to make the fans suffer. You're just being silly.

Mattheus_Rex
12-07-2006, 12:52 AM
What does everyone want to cry about the past? :brickwall

mexican_texan
12-07-2006, 12:54 AM
We need Dr. Phil here...we seem to have separation issues.

Sco-tai
12-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Well said TexanSam. I was reading Ya Boyc M's (Ya Boink'ems) message thinking "wow....does he understand what the term "back stab" means?

Little bit of news for you Mr. Boink'ems. It is NOT uncommon to have a coach in the NFL that never actually played in the NFL. I mean, NY JETS coach (Man-gina....er....gini) was a freaking BALL BOY in 1994!!!

Additionally, to say "Did you think I'd stay away from this one?", the answer is "NO". That would be giving you too much credit.

Do your homework before you post.

:mario2:

Mattheus_Rex
12-07-2006, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I would think that picking up a big, quick defensive end for a team with the worst def in the world, to be a good idea.

MightyTExan
12-07-2006, 07:44 AM
To all the folks that want VY so bad, don't worry, he'll be a Texan in a few years when Bud gives him the McNair treatment.

Cjeremy635
12-07-2006, 08:54 AM
The only question you should have about Eric Moulds and Andre Johnson is how long are they going to stay on a team that is of a losing caliber? I ponder this thought often and the answer I come up with scares the crap out of me. Yes, it's a team sport. I know all of this, but don't fool yourself for one minute thinking that these guys aren't about themselves either. The ultimate goal for a player is to win championships and if they feel like a team has no chance during the short span of their career, they are likely to jump ship and land somewhere else where they will have a shot. If Johnson was to hit the open market, I think he'd be heavily sought after and could contribute in any offense. :brickwall

Silver Oak
12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I seem to recall it was VY doing the politicking before the draft to stay here in Houston. The Texans came out shortly thereafter and announce their happiness with the current qb and our draft picks would be going in a different direction.

I don't see that as a back stab.