PDA

View Full Version : What is the bluebook value on our Carr?

Bullpen Drew
12-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I am almost certain Carr will not be our starting QB next year...

I am thinking trade here.....what are the possibilities?

Texan_Bill
12-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I don't want to re-hash this topic again, but I will give you props for the title of the thread... Funny!!

Bongo59
12-06-2006, 04:30 PM
a seven layer burrito..................

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Is their a buyer for this type of Carr . Its got a salvaged title .

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I am almost certain Carr will not be our starting QB next year...

I am thinking trade here.....what are the possibilities?

I Love the heading of this thread...Now thats original...LOL....

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Remember slightly damaged with many accidents..

santo
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Remember slightly damaged with many accidents..

More like "Durable and resistant to multiple hits"

Second Honeymoon
12-06-2006, 04:40 PM
The bluebook value on David Carr is a sixpack of Big K Cola and a box of condoms (slightly used but in near Mint condition)

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
More like "Durable and resistant to multiple hits"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/lmao.gif

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Does the service engine light stay on ? :francis:

HOU-TEX
12-06-2006, 04:45 PM
I'd say we'd have to pay the wrecker to come pick it up.:dance3:

Second Honeymoon
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I'd say we'd have to pay the wrecker to come pick it up.:dance3:

I wonder if Houston Can Academy would even accept him?

OT- That is a great charity if you ever do have a car to get rid of. Helps a lot of disadvantaged single mothers in this city. Something we have no shortage of.

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:49 PM

Ok now you guys are killing me...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/lmao.gif

HOU-TEX
12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
I wonder if Houston Can Academy would even accept him?

OT- That is a great charity if you ever do have a car to get rid of. Helps a lot of disadvantaged single mothers in this city. Something we have no shortage of.

LOL! True

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Not meant to be driven for long distances, but a good short distance Carr...

HOU-TEX
12-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Does it have a title? If not, nobodies going to want it.:dance3:

Nawzer
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Would make a good crash test dummy.

QB75
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
It's still fairly high. There would be no trouble trading Carr if the team desired.

Texanfan4ever
12-06-2006, 05:12 PM

Yess and it won't pass inspection.:shades:

ib4texans
12-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Ugly,Ugly,Ugly,Ugly posts.

the wonger need food
12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing a 3rd round pick.

Second Honeymoon
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
It's still fairly high. There would be no trouble trading Carr if the team desired.

In all honesty, I will hit the floor with amazement if we get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. Some teams may think they can do something with his 'talent' and 'potential' but his contract virtually makes him untradable. We may even run into one of those situations where we actually have to give someone something to take his contract ($, prospects, etc.). I think he will just be cut in the offseason and we will just eat the signing bonus like we have done for every other player that hasnt produced worthy of his paycheck. No difference at all. Showing the rest of the locker room that EVERYONE is held accountable will do wonders in itself.....we have gotten rid of everyone but Carr and once we do that we can finally get this thing going in the right direction and uplift morale in the org.

HomeBred_Texan
12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
In all honesty, I will hit the floor with amazement if we get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. Some teams may think they can do something with his 'talent' and 'potential' but his contract virtually makes him untradable. We may even run into one of those situations where we actually have to give someone something to take his contract ($, prospects, etc.). I think he will just be cut in the offseason and we will just eat the signing bonus like we have done for every other player that hasnt produced worthy of his paycheck. No difference at all. Showing the rest of the locker room that EVERYONE is held accountable will do wonders in itself.....we have gotten rid of everyone but Carr and once we do that we can finally get this thing going in the right direction and uplift morale in the org.

I just don't get it... He is having his best season by far, we have no running game to speak of, and you are saying we will cut him... If that just don't beat all. You are a Carr hater aren't ya?

Would you rather have a bike???

QB75
12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm guessing a 3rd round pick.

That is about right from what I hear.

And there would be competition for him. Look at all the starting QBs around the league, and look at the college QBs entering the draft this year. This is a year in which there would be demand for David, which is exactly why he is going to stay with the Texans next year. If he is traded, exactly who will be our starting QB in 2007? Expect Kubiak to bring in some competition, but it will be to DISplace Carr from the Texans QB position, not to REplace him after having been traded.

Honoring Earl 34
I bet the headlights stay on high beam .

Texan_Bill
I just don't get it... He is having his best season by far, we have no running game to speak of, and you are saying we will cut him... If that just don't beat all. You are a Carr hater aren't ya?

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall Just go with it man... Don't agitate the dots!

(Dots = Carr haters)

Bullpen Drew
12-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Haha funny replies!

How about:

This car hesitates....a little...

Should you check it on Carfax.com before you buy?

What about Carmax? would they buy him?

Only been wrecked about +200 times......low mileage though!

Silver Oak
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Best proposition would be to package him with another player. Probably easier to move that way IMO.

However, I'm a homer and I say let's let him keep qb'ing until our next qb is ready.

El Amigo Invisible
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I still think we should have traded him to the Dolphins for Ricky Williams and taken VY in the draft. Ricky is in Canada but he has about the same value as Carr right now.

:mario3:

Joe Texan
12-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Slightly dented, slippery steering wheel and the engine sputters, but takes all the abuse you can deliver.

Kaiser Toro
12-06-2006, 07:48 PM
About the same as a Yugo.

Second Honeymoon
12-06-2006, 08:19 PM
About the same as a Segway, and half as practical.

Ole Miss Texan
12-06-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't see them cutting him 9 months after they gave him a 8 million dollar bonus. I think he's here for another year or so unless we get a really good deal from someone that really wants him. otherwise, i dont see the reasoning for them to give him a bonus and a contract if they are just going to throw it away less than a year later. i dont think they expected him to perform great this year and if not get rid of him...i dont buy that.

I like the idea of getting somebody this draft in a later round to groom or a good qb next draft to sit behind him a year. i don't want a rookie qb starting right away.

Buyer beware: Carr needs new paint job on roof and rear!

White Runningback
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I hope Geico insured the contract a la the Bagwell contract--so easy a caveman could do it.

Of course, maybe they have "accident forgiveness" like Allstate.

Second Honeymoon
12-06-2006, 08:59 PM
nice name whiterunningback....even my girlfriend would think that is funny and she doesnt know football that well

QB75
12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
About the same as a Yugo.

About the same as your opinion.

White Runningback
12-06-2006, 09:08 PM
nice name whiterunningback....even my girlfriend laughed

you've got a keeper if she can see the humor in it. thanks.

Kaiser Toro
12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
About the same as your opinion.

The bluebook value of Carr?

White Runningback
12-06-2006, 09:16 PM
One thing's for sure: there's alot of negative equity in it.

phan1
12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he will be back next year. He's going to get another year to start for us at least IMO.

cuzof26
12-08-2006, 12:06 PM
box of trojans, 40oz of malt liquor and a cigar

titan hater
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
I would not just check the bule book...I would check CarrFax.com they can tell you the complete history of wrecks or odometer roll back....

HJam72
12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I would not just check the bule book...I would check CarrFax.com they can tell you the complete history of wrecks or odometer roll back....

If I had something to drink, I'd be spewing it on my screen. :bananasplit:

whiskeyrbl
12-08-2006, 12:55 PM

Well everyone keeps saying that. But what will you do or say if that move sends us spiraling even farther out of control. It could very well happen without a legitimate fix to all the offensive problems.

Bullpen Drew
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Our Carr is a lemon

Seņor Stan
12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
There Yugo again with the Carr metaphors. Enough already. I don't think we can afFord a new QB. The cap Ram-ifications would be way to high. Taking a quarterback on the 1st day is just a Mirage.

I know Carr can seem Cavalier at times, but I think he is just trying to keep Focus on the task at hand.

I think we can all be in one Accord in saying "Go Texans"

Bullpen Drew
12-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Funny, our Carr can't DODGE a pass rush, they(other team's defense) seem to RAM him into the ground LIKE A ROCK. We definetly need a higher CALIBER QB.

Seņor Stan
12-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Funny, our Carr can't DODGE a pass rush, they(other team's defense) seem to RAM him into the ground LIKE A ROCK. We definetly need a higher CALIBER QB.

Ah, yes, mi AMIGO. Carr has been prone to succumb to an AVALANCHE of pass rushers. Although he hasn't had the LIBERTY that decent pass protection would give him, he also hasn't shown INSIGHT when it comes to pocket presence.

threetoedpete
12-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Very funny posts all. Already been posted, but I'll say nothing. Carr's already recieved his bonus. I'd like to see the links for "Carr is a hot item in the league" please. I guess if they only had to pay him the vet minnimum...ok I get that. No one is going to give up draft choices for the guy. Al Davis needs a QB...maybe we can get our P-burnt 2nd back...Nah. :mario3:

Meloy
12-08-2006, 02:27 PM
In all honesty, I will hit the floor with amazement if we get anything more than a 5th round pick for him. Some teams may think they can do something with his 'talent' and 'potential' but his contract virtually makes him untradable. We may even run into one of those situations where we actually have to give someone something to take his contract ($, prospects, etc.). I think he will just be cut in the offseason and we will just eat the signing bonus like we have done for every other player that hasnt produced worthy of his paycheck. No difference at all. Showing the rest of the locker room that EVERYONE is held accountable will do wonders in itself.....we have gotten rid of everyone but Carr and once we do that we can finally get this thing going in the right direction and uplift morale in the org.Ok if you are correct who is QB? Sage after the little we've seen? I don't think Kubes will go for that. No one I've talked to actually thinks Smith or Quinn is the answer (and one of them will be drafted before our turn anyway). Could we trade for a backup starter on another team to come here? But what do we give up and why would another team give us a QB to be our starter? Would it not be better for that team to let us struggle with DC?

Meloy
12-08-2006, 02:28 PM

Personally, I'd take Carr's 2004 season over 2006.

swtbound07
12-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Ah, yes, mi AMIGO. Carr has been prone to succumb to an AVALANCHE of pass rushers. Although he hasn't had the LIBERTY that decent pass protection would give him, he also hasn't shown INSIGHT when it comes to pocket presence.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Hummer. Joke.......

kingh99
12-08-2006, 03:04 PM

Exactly. Based on where Mckinney is on the depth chart I gotta assume he already jumped in the lava pit over this brainlocked loser.

Andrew6
12-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Anyone else kind of tired of hearing about Vince Young? Anyone else tired of reading even on the blogs for the houstontexans.com about how bad ***** the Titans are. I know we have along way to go but come one now lets show some back bone and end this farce.:brickwall

El Tejano
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Hummer. Joke.......

I guess you'll be wearing that jersey in your Avatar?

swtbound07
12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I guess you'll be wearing that jersey in your Avatar?

No...have addressed it in several other threads. I said it during the Bush Bowl, and i'll say it again. I don't think you can be a fan of a team and root for them to lose. I'll be wearing battle red andre.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 04:44 PM
He's worth a Kelly Holcombe and a seventh rounder.

bayshorebevo
12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
"I'll be wearing battle red andre."

Is Sunday a battle red day?

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-08-2006, 05:34 PM
"I'll be wearing battle red andre."

Is Sunday a battle red day?

It's Sunday, Bloody Sunday. Hopefully not for us.