PDA

View Full Version : I just saw this on foxsports.com

moses77550
12-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Texans QB David Carr has a month to prove something, and it must be something big. If he fails, Gary Kubiak will have to consider the David Carr Experiment one that blew up in his face. But while Kubiak won't be able to do it all over again, he does have Plummer's phone number in Denver. He knows how badly Kansas City Chiefs backup Damon Huard wants to start again. And Kubiak's office isn't far from where Houston Cougars star Kevin Kolb became a hometown hero in his own right.

Posted December 06, by Ben Maller
Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
Discuss in the Forums | Link

the wonger need food
12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
That was taken from John Lopez's article... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/lopez/texans/4382253.html

OzzO
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Kubiak on Monday called this week's game and this point in Carr's career "an opportunity." Privately, he has told Carr that this is where the teaching and coaching end. This is where it's up to Carr. Put the team on your shoulders. Don't be good; be great. Don't create more doubt; leave no doubt that the bad games and bad vibes Carr has created in Houston are a thing of the past.

How the heck did Lopez get in on a private conversation? :rolleyes:

But ooooh - Huard and/or Kolb. That sounds pretty interesting.

ib4texans
12-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I think Wonger wrote that article under a false identity.

texaslifter
12-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Oh how I wish this is true.

Hervoyel
12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
i would take those two in a heartbeat, but everyone forgets we also have Van Pelt as well. I say no to Plummer because he is 32!

That might make a difference if you were planning on keeping Plummer for 8-10 years but do you also say no to Plummer as a stop-gap solution while a young QB is groomed for the part?

Kaiser Toro
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
That was taken from John Lopez's article... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/lopez/texans/4382253.html

I think it is a fair article. I would love it if Carr woke up for the last quarter of the season from his 4.75 year sleep.

MasterBasser
12-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I saw we try hard and get Matt Schaub from Atlanta.

AtheGreat
12-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I say no to Plummer because he is 32!

...and hes jake plummer

bah007
12-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I saw we try hard and get Matt Schaub from Atlanta.

No thanks.

I would like to have a 1st & 3rd round draft pick.

And I dont want to lose any young talented guys in a trade.

Mycco
12-06-2006, 03:45 PM
I say, bring Plummer in. That way there is a legit COMPETITION for the starting QB spot. Think about it. Did anyone actually believe that Sage Rosenfels was going to have a chance to win the starting job? Carr has never had to look over his shoulder since he's been here. He's never had to fight for his starting job EVER. I say bring in someone who is capable of challenging him and let's see what he is made of. True leaders will always rise to the challenge. It's usless to waste a #1 pick on a QB in this draft, VY was the only other QB worth that high of consideration. So, why not light a fire under Carr's butt and at least if he fails to respond to the challenge, then we are at least getting a capable offensive manager, (who can scramble and make plays on the run when our pitiful O-line is only throwing "LOOK OUT" blocks to protect him.)

Also....as much as I'd like to bash the guy like everyone else...here is one fact everyone keeps overlooking. DOMINIC DAVIS' INJURY. If we had a threat on the ground (which we don't), maybe things would be a little different, but since we don't, we are a 1 demensional offense. POINT BLANK.

GuerillaBlack
12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Straight up man. If Dom Davis was not injured, we would be rolling. We need Michael Bush or Cedric Benson *******. I would trade in a second round pick for Cedric Benson.

shinerbock_girl
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
I think it is a fair article. I would love it if Carr woke up for the last quarter of the season from his 4.75 year sleep.

Maybe this will hit home to him with his head on a platter...

TexanFan881
12-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Texans QB David Carr has a month to prove something, and it must be something big. If he fails, Gary Kubiak will have to consider the David Carr Experiment one that blew up in his face. But while Kubiak won't be able to do it all over again, he does have Plummer's phone number in Denver. He knows how badly Kansas City Chiefs backup Damon Huard wants to start again. And Kubiak's office isn't far from where Houston Cougars star Kevin Kolb became a hometown hero in his own right.

Posted December 06, by Ben Maller
Digg this | Add to del.icio.us
Discuss in the Forums | Link

If we got Damon Huard I don't know what I'd do put I'd be pumped :redtowel: He was amazing when in for Kansas City.

texan279
12-06-2006, 04:13 PM
i would take those two in a heartbeat, but everyone forgets we also have Van Pelt as well. I say no to Plummer because he is 32!

Huard is 33...

TexanFan881
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Straight up man. If Dom Davis was not injured, we would be rolling. We need Michael Bush or Cedric Benson *******. I would trade in a second round pick for Cedric Benson.

I know there have been rumors about Cedric Benson but I don't think Chicago will get rid of him. Now if we got Michael Bush or Adrian Peterson or someone along those lines...:drool:

humbleone
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
How the heck did Lopez get in on a private conversation? :rolleyes:

But ooooh - Huard and/or Kolb. That sounds pretty interesting.

Exactly what I was thinking regarding Lopez. He either made it up from reading tea leaves or someone leaked it to him which seems unlikely given the lack of benefit from doing so and the lack of professionalism that it would require.

Wharton
12-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Did anyone actually believe that Sage Rosenfels was going to have a chance to win the starting job?No, but once I saw him play, I knew he was better then Carr. I only wish he was healthy enough to play a few complete game this year and, maybe, answer some questions about him before next year.

kfranco_utexas
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Please let Carr be gone. Please!!!!

We will all chip in to buy out his contract.

kfranco_utexas
12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I put a 100 down.:brickwall

Mr. B
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Why in the hell would we want Cedric Benson, what a joke (oh forgot he is from UT).

Why don't we just ask Mack to let his boys suit up in Houston Texans gear on Sundays. It would make everyone around here very happy.

Tired of Texans taking on everyones washouts to plug a hole and then they can't even do that.

Its been this long hell just get some more good young talent like this year and build on it. As for Carr I like the guy but to be honest I think Capers crew ruined him and we really need to look at a fresh face in that position. David should have ridden the pine for a couple of years like Palmer, and some of the others that are starting to take over now.

B

HoustonFan
12-06-2006, 08:04 PM
That might make a difference if you were planning on keeping Plummer for 8-10 years but do you also say no to Plummer as a stop-gap solution while a young QB is groomed for the part?

This is where the Texans f'ed up from the jump!!!!! If you were going to pick a QB in the first round why not let the veteran - Tony Banks - start for a while or if not Ton Banks another decent vet. Let Carr learn the ropes and then let him start later on down the line. Not throw him to the wolves by making him the guy from the jump. Casserly and Capers set him up for failure.

Ah well. 5yrs later it's gonna take a miracle o salvage the guy. But if this is to possibly be it... I wish him well and I hope the organization finds a guy that has that burning desire to win and shows it every week.

ib4texans
12-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Cedric Benson is better than any running back to ever play for the Texans. Yes, better than DD. Thought he would be when he was at UT, and watching him play in Chicago, I see the same Benson if not better than I saw at UT. I will take him in a heartbeat.

Which is approximatly the length of time he has been healthy and not injury prone.

Mr. B
12-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Comparing him to most of the Texans backs isn't asking much, but to say he is better than DD you musta been drinking to much of that Shroom Tea back at UT with Ricky and Cedric.

Cedric Benson hasn't produced anything so far in his pro career. The only reason he is playing is because of the position he was picked and when you go first round they gotta try to get there moneys worth until some sucker team like the Texans might take a look at him.

2 years and that stunning total of 644 yards !!! Yea man that is what we need.

B

Kaiser Toro
12-07-2006, 06:50 AM
2 years and that stunning total of 644 yards !!! Yea man that is what we need.

B

You are absolutely right.

Signed,
Larry Johnson

Malloy
12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Why in the hell would we want Cedric Benson, what a joke (oh forgot he is from UT).

He's a good player, isn't that a good enough reason ?

Nashville-Titan
12-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Why don't we just ask Mack to let his boys suit up in Houston Texans gear on Sundays. It would make everyone around here very happy.
B
And you might win a few more games.

ib4texans
12-07-2006, 11:51 AM
And you might win a few more games.

Titans are 5-7 Texans are 4-8

It's not like your levels above us in the W L column.

YoungTexanFan
12-07-2006, 03:22 PM

The past few main articles on the Texans have been direct ripoffs of other major sources as well as almost a word for word article on KU in the chronicle that was first posted on ESPN. I question their editors and columnists. :spy:

Malloy
12-07-2006, 03:31 PM
The past few main articles on the Texans have been direct ripoffs of other major sources as well as almost a word for word article on KU in the chronicle that was first posted on ESPN. I question their editors and columnists. :spy:

Email ESPN, I'm sure they would love to hear about it :)

Dubya
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
So honestly, what's the deal with Van Pelt, is he really all that promising? I don't remember much about his college career.

AndreRulz
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
So honestly, what's the deal with Van Pelt, is he really all that promising? I don't remember much about his college career.

he was ok in college a decent runner and ok passer.

dtran04
12-07-2006, 08:02 PM

He didn't go to UT. That hurts his chances of having fans.

Carr Bombed
12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Cedric Benson is not Larry Johnson

Johnson was a second rd pick that sat behind one of the best backs and most prolific TD scorer in the league at the time and now is one of the best backs and prolific TD scorer in the league right now. Johnson is alot bigger and alot faster, Hes also a 25-30 carry back

Benson is a 1st rounder that couldn't beat out the guy he was drafted to replace and still can't and has been very injury prone early in his career in limited action, plus his entire team has already turned his back on him, thats why they ratted him out about missing meetings.

Benson is a back that wasn't worth his draft slot

Lovie Smith has gone out of his way to make it work with Benson, he does that, look how much he is going out of his way to make Rex work.

Benson couldn't take advantage, once Larry got the opp. he took the ball and ran.

swtbound07
12-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Cedric Benson is not Larry Johnson

Johnson was a second rd pick that sat behind one of the best backs and most prolific TD scorer in the league at the time and now is one of the best backs and prolific TD scorer in the league right now. Johnson is alot bigger and alot faster, Hes also a 25-30 carry back

Benson is a 1st rounder that couldn't beat out the guy he was drafted to replace and still can't and has been very injury prone early in his career in limited action, plus his entire team has already turned his back on him, thats why they ratted him out about missing meetings.

Benson is a back that wasn't worth his draft slot

Lovie Smith has gone out of his way to make it work with Benson, he does that, look how much he is going out of his way to make Rex work.

Benson couldn't take advantage, once Larry got the opp. he took the ball and ran.

Larry Johnson was a first rounder, taken #27 in the 2003 draft. He couldn't beat Priest Holmes out of the spot, and recieved his opportunity due to injury, who managed 670 yards in his first 2 years in the league. To make an apt comparison, Benson has managed 644 yards in his first 2 years.

You have to give Benson his 3rd year to make an even comparison. And for your much bigger and faster comparison, yes, LJ outweighs Cedric by 10 pounds. What the heck is your point?

Mr. B
12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Its one thing to get bench time behind an all pro and possibly Hall of Famer like Johnson has had to endure but he has proven he can play in the NFL when given the oppourtunity.

Benson can't even beat out a journeyman back and has been given plenty of oppourtunity. He was overhyped coming out of college and at best a 2nd or 3rd round back.

You all talk about Carr and the Texans won't dump him cause of his draft status and admit defeat, but same with Benson he is bust but because of his draft status they have to make it work until they can take no more or get enough out of him to trade him for something worthwhile.

B

swtbound07
12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Its one thing to get bench time behind an all pro and possibly Hall of Famer like Johnson has had to endure but he has proven he can play in the NFL when given the oppourtunity.

Benson can't even beat out a journeyman back and has been given plenty of oppourtunity. He was overhyped coming out of college and at best a 2nd or 3rd round back.

You all talk about Carr and the Texans won't dump him cause of his draft status and admit defeat, but same with Benson he is bust but because of his draft status they have to make it work until they can take no more or get enough out of him to trade him for something worthwhile.

B

Ignore the crux of my arguement won't you? 2 1st round picks, one didn't blossom until his 3rd year, the 2nd hasn't gotten to his 3rd year yet. GIVE BENSON TIL YEAR 3 BEFORE YOU TAG HIM A BUST IF YOU ARE GOING TO POINT TO LJ AS A SUCCESS STORY.

Mr. B
12-08-2006, 07:56 PM
See repeat post

Mr. B
12-08-2006, 08:03 PM
07 I am not ignoring your point and I fully understand it. Yes he will get more years and only then will time tell for sure.

The thing is how many teams draft a RB #1 and don't even try to force him into the lineup. He is so sad right now Chicago doesn't even try that much.

Just my opinion that after 2 years on a team that loves to run the ball he hasn't cut it. He has been unable to displace the other backs on the team plus he has proven to be very injury prone.

Cedric was and is just a product of overhype UT fanatics. Same as VY this year although I think Vince will turn out to be a very good QB but not the God they are giving him status to now. Plus last year we had to hear about bringing in Ricky for crying out loud.

We don't need another teams washouts such as Cedric. DD is gone so lets just get through this season and draft us a good lot of backs to build on.

B