PDA

View Full Version : What will it take?

amazingandre
12-06-2006, 09:19 AM
what will it take for our offense to become one group and one mind sort of speak. our defense has done this very quickly and look at how well they are playing. if only our offense could gel together think of how great they could be. what will it take to have them do something like this. I thought that it could happen if they went through ups and downs together but they have gone way past that now.......thoughts?

amazingandre
12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
i agree with all of that i think we need to fix everything else then the qb if he still isnt doing all that good. even if we were to draft a new qb it will take time for that one to learn the system and gel with the team...so i think we fix everything else first then worry about carr.

whiskeyrbl
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
what will it take for our offense to become one group and one mind sort of speak. our defense has done this very quickly and look at how well they are playing. if only our offense could gel together think of how great they could be. what will it take to have them do something like this. I thought that it could happen if they went through ups and downs together but they have gone way past that now.......thoughts?

Defense usually comes together faster, the Offense, well considering the new faces and new terminology, new schemes, who knows? Hopefully it all comes together next year.

HomeBred_Texan
12-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Well we all have our opinions...

My opinion is we are a skilled running back away and 1 high draft OL from being where we need. Then with 3rd and on, work on D players. But that is just me, I am on the adrian peterson band wagon, so whatever...

Htown34s
12-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I think we need a new QB. Mainly because I feel like the players don't like Carr. We don't know why because we don't what goes on in the locker room, but he has never been a leader of the offense after that first season.

HomeBred_Texan
12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I think we need a new QB. Mainly because I feel like the players don't like Carr. We don't know why because we don't what goes on in the locker room, but he has never been a leader of the offense after that first season.

This could very well be true, but without a true running game, we may never really know what this team is capable of...

HOU-TEX
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
This could very well be true, but without a true running game, we may never really know what this team is capable of...

When we have a running game, the passing game is horrible(-5 yards). When the running game is bad, the passing game is decent. When watching a Texan game, you might as well throw consistancy out the window. They don't have it, nor have they ever had it. Hmmm...wonder why.:francis:

whiskeyrbl
12-06-2006, 11:12 AM
The thing is we haven't been able to put the two (running and passing) together in one game. It's either or. Put them together and we become better instantly.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-06-2006, 11:19 AM
I think we need a new QB. Mainly because I feel like the players don't like Carr.
Don't LIKE Carr? What is this, a playground of snotty-nose kids? I thought men were supposed to play in the NFL?
These guys are getting payed millions to play a sport. If every player played to the caliber of what they are being paid, we'd have an awesome team. But when Andre drops passes that hit him on the numbers, Cook fumbles when we have a chance to put a game away, the O-line drgs their butt, Faggins doesn't at least dive for someone like Evans ankles and tries to run a foot race TWICE etc..., then you will see why we are losing. Has nothing to do with who likes or dislikes who.
If you are being paid millions then you need to learn to like your teammates or get your sorry butt out of town. And don't give me this "But they don't think that they can win a Super Bowl with this team" type crappy excuse either. The majority of men that play pro football will never win a Super Bowl. That is no excuse for not playing hard for someone because you don't like them. If that is truly our case, then someone needs to slap those players around and start taking money out of their pockets when they lose.

pittbull
12-06-2006, 11:23 AM
A vocal leader that will stand up to players and coaches, on the practice field, in the locker room, and on gamedays. Someone that will challenge them to reach their full potential and play beyond the dollars of the game, and for the pure emotion and fun that got them all to that point. This is the element that most teams lack, thus reasons for dynasty's. Young players play under guys like, Jack Lambert, Ray Lewis, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Joe Montana, New England's entire franchise, and learn to discover work ethic and pride outside the money that is the easy part. When was the last time someone stood up in a radio or tv interview and challenged his teammates. Something that was either negative or positive to get them moving. Sometimes it takes getting shown up, sometimes it takes getting embarrassed, but as long as Bob McNair is content on giving high priced contracts for guys to show and demonstrate lack of emotion, and showing the great fans of houston that we have a "nice & respectable" team with no problems, there will always be a problem. Hence the real reason behind the pick of Mario Williams. I love the guy, but Bush was not drafted based upon media backlash from his CA problems before the draft. Maybe this would have brought in some attitude!

edo783
12-06-2006, 11:25 AM

While there is that possibility, as you have said, neither you nor anyone on this board knows and in fact, there is some fairly substantial evidence based on comments in the news and on some of the 610 programs by his teammates, that he does have the teams support. What is happening is a projection of peoples wants/desires based on what they feel went wrong in th past with the team and the way the draft didn't meet those wants/desires draft and want to blame someone. The easy thing is to blame one player/position rather than look at what is the root cause which is and has been extremily poor line play and quality of players on the O-line and the depth to sustain some injuries. It's really interesting that nearly everyone knows/sees and acknowledges that the O-line has been a disaster for 5 years, but just want to lay everything off on one player. Just doen't make sense IMO.

eriadoc
12-06-2006, 03:51 PM
They need to start hitting some big plays when it counts. In order for that to happen, I think we need a better tackle (assuming Spencer comes back, we still need one more, IMO), a center, a real running back, and a QB with some poise.