PDA

View Full Version : Vote DeMeco for Rookie of the Week

TexanAddict
12-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Demeco Ryans is up for rookie of the week. Go vote...a lot!:redtowel:

Link (http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote)

V Man
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Hust voted many times, but he is currently in 4th.

As much as I want Ryans to win, lets face it whether you like Reggie Bush or not; 4 touchdowns is 4 touchdowns.

V Man
12-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Here is a link.

http://www.nfl.com/rookies/vote

SAMURAITEXAN
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
I did already. Did you notice everytime DeMeco has good week and nominated for ROW, someone from O side player shows up and steal ROW from him. I mean he hasn't won ROM. Hard to believe.

GO DeMeco!!

jaayteetx
12-05-2006, 12:13 PM
There should be two diffrent awards, one for offensive and one for defensive.

TexasJedi
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
He's currently at 11%, well behind Bush (of course) and Young. But how is he behind Norwood who has 13%. The Texans need to start winning some games so DeMeco gets the credit he so richly deserves, well that and it will be fun to win for a change. And Why is Leinart even on the list? At least he's only got 1% as of now.

Vinny
12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
I did my share...looks like Bush is gonna win it though

Errant Hothy
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Did my ten.

powerfuldragon
12-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Reggie Bush 46%
Vince Young 29%
Jerious Norwood 14%
DeMeco Ryans 11%
Matt Leinart 1%

Lucky
12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Ryans won't win the nfl.com vote, but Great Blue North Draft Report (http://www.gbnreport.com/rookiereport.htm) has named DeMeco their Rookie of the Week.
There are no ugly wins in the NFL! Just ask Houston which knocked off Oakland 23-14 on Sunday despite the fact that the Texans managed only 10 first downs and 124 yards of total offense all day. Indeed, the Texans had minus 5 yards passing as David Carr’s 32 passing yards were negated by 37 lost sack yards. As bad as the Texans offense was, though, the Houston defense was outstanding. The unit was led by rookie MLB DeMeco Ryans who brought new meaning to the term “made plays all over the field”. Ryans, the first player taken in the second round of the 2006 draft, had 15 tackles against the Raiders including a sack. Plus he intercepted a pass, broke up two other passes, forced a fumble and recovered two others fumbles in what may have been the most dominating defensive performance by any player in the NFL this season. In fact, Ryans is currently second in the entire NFL in tackles, just two behind Miami veteran Zach Thomas. As well, Ryans has quietly pulled ahead of the pack in the race for defensive rookie of the year honors and, with New Orleans star rookie WR Marques Colston currently on the shelf with an ankle injury, is making a strong case for consideration as the top newcomer in the league period. All that was plenty to make Ryans this week’s GBN ‘Rookie of the Week’.

texanskan
12-05-2006, 03:30 PM
looks like VY is about to win

Sarg01
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
<Redundant post, sorry>

TexansLucky13
12-05-2006, 03:49 PM
What did Leinart do?

Sarg01
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
What did Leinart do?

Won. Which is basically the same qualification VY has.

real
12-05-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah especially since Leinart has Boldin, James, and Fitzgerald....three pro-bowl caliber players....

You're right....it's exactly the same....

Ckw
12-05-2006, 04:00 PM
Boy people are dumb. And they jacked Demeco. No respect. I hate Vince Young and I hate Reggie Bush. I'm just so freakin tired of hearing or reading about them all the time.

Ckw
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh and they didn't put Demeco's fumble recovery on the list!!! :brickwall

powerfuldragon
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I hate Vince Young and I hate Reggie Bush. I'm just so freakin tired of hearing or reading about them all the time.
Boy people are dumb. No respect.

:rolleyes:

real
12-05-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm just so freakin tired of hearing or reading about them all the time.

Get used to it my man...:tearup:

Sarg01
12-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah especially since Leinart has Boldin, James, and Fitzgerald....three pro-bowl caliber players....

You're right....it's exactly the same....

Well, Leinart didn't need the 4th longest FG in NFL history and 2 4th quarter INTs by his defense to do it, either. But that's not the point of this thread, so I'll stop there.

shinerbock_girl
12-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Done, but i don't like my MeCo getting beat out all the time..:brickwall

DenverBorn
12-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Vince up 42-34 over Reggie.:yahoo:

vinceyoungfan
12-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Go Vince and it looks like Jeff Fisher is close to winning Coach of the Week.

WOOT WOOT

Texan_Bill
12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Stupid poll.... It's offensively biased!!!

Carr Bombed
12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
DeMeco doesn't have a snowball chance in hell if Norwood has more than double the votes he has, when compared to DeMeco.........a subpar performance.

thadwr43
12-06-2006, 10:50 PM

VY didn't just win, he led his team to a cameback victory after a 14 pt deficit and delivered the colts their second loss of the season. what did Demeco do other than put some #'s against the worst team in the league.

thadwr43
12-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, Leinart didn't need the 4th longest FG in NFL history and 2 4th quarter INTs by his defense to do it, either. But that's not the point of this thread, so I'll stop there.

in case you haven't noticed this is a team sport and every player needs some help. did demaco score all the texans pts. or did he need an offense (or whats left of one) to win that game. Vince beat a team that had only lost 1 other game this season. demeco helped beat a team that was terrible, in one of the sloppiest victories in the history of the nfl.
but maybe ur just jealous of VY

and the titans picked peyton twice in the 1st half not the 4th quarter

ledzeppelin229
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
in case you haven't noticed this is a team sport and every player needs some help. did demaco score all the texans pts. or did he need an offense (or whats left of one) to win that game. Vince beat a team that had only lost 1 other game this season. demeco helped beat a team that was terrible, in one of the sloppiest victories in the history of the nfl.
but maybe ur just jealous of VY

and the titans picked peyton twice in the 1st half not the 4th quarter

Maybe we're just ticked off at all the crap we have to keep on hearing about Young and Bush. Maybe once people get it through their thick skulled heads that we AREN'T upset about Mario, they'll quit telling us how we SHOULD feel about it.

The sloppiness was on offense, Demeco plays "Defense" which did not play sloppy at all.

Sarg01
12-07-2006, 12:20 AM
. what did Demeco do other than put some #'s against the worst team in the league.

I'll quote GBNReport, a commonly cited draft site from the frozen tundra far from either Houston, Nashvile, Alabama or Austin.

"The unit was led by rookie MLB DeMeco Ryans who brought new meaning to the term “made plays all over the field”. Ryans, the first player taken in the second round of the 2006 draft, had 15 tackles against the Raiders including a sack. Plus he intercepted a pass, broke up two other passes, forced a fumble and recovered two others fumbles in what may have been the most dominating defensive performance by any player in the NFL this season. In fact, Ryans is currently second in the entire NFL in tackles, just two behind Miami veteran Zach Thomas. As well, Ryans has quietly pulled ahead of the pack in the race for defensive rookie of the year honors and, with New Orleans star rookie WR Marques Colston currently on the shelf with an ankle injury, is making a strong case for consideration as the top newcomer in the league period." - http://www.gbnreport.com/rookiereport.htm

Did you get that? "... the most dominating defensive performance by any player in the NFL this season" Not for a rookie. Not a "great" performance. A performance that has a chance to be one of the best at any defensive positions on the whole SEASON. DeMeco Ryans' three turnovers (and forced another) are 95% of the reason the Texans won that game. -5 net passing yards, remember?

Are you seriously arguing that Vince's performance was one of the best by an NFL QB this year? Are you arguing it's even in the top 10? If you wanted to argue Reggie this week, you would at least have a credible case. But Vince? 15-25 for 163, 2 TDs 2 INTs? Two interceptions is supposed to be some amazing performance? That's the same number of turnovers David Carr committed this week. More if you consider the fact that Carr was on the ground before one of those fumbles.

The difference between the Titans winning and losing that game is simple:

1-10-TEN35 (:05) (Field Goal formation) A.Vinatieri 53 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-J.Snow, Holder-H.Smith.
4-11-IND42 (:12) (Field Goal formation) R.Bironas 60 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-K.Amato, Holder-C.Hentrich.

Poor Bironas, one of the best performances in history and his own fans ignore him in their rush to fete Vince.

Did the TITANS as a team perform well? - yes, they did. Did Vince as an individual player perform significantly better than average? Not a chance.

thadwr43
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
vince won, i guess i was right

fisher won too. thats 2 weeks in a row for the both of them

HOU-TEX
12-07-2006, 03:54 PM
vince won, i guess i was right

fisher won too. thats 2 weeks in a row for the both of them

Would you like a ribbon? Or a chest to pin it on?:rolleyes:

shinerbock_girl
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Would you like a ribbon? Or a chest to pin it on?:rolleyes:

Pin a Rose on his nose...Give the man a Bone...

vinceyoungfan
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Way to go Vince!

:mario2:

the flash
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I didn't know that they even had computers in Tennessee.

vinceyoungfan
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
I didn't know that they even had computers in Tennessee.

I forgot that Texas didn't have a winning Pro football team.

Oh yeah they do! The Cowboys ;)

Austrian
12-08-2006, 07:34 AM
I forgot that Texas didn't have a winning Pro football team.

Oh yeah they do! The Cowboys ;)

Just like Tennessee! :rolleyes:

infantrycak
12-08-2006, 12:15 PM
6. Texans LB DeMeco Ryans
Season stats: 113 tackles (96 solo, 17 assists), 3.5 sacks, one INT, four passes defended, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery
Week 13 stats: 14 tackles, one sack, one INT, three passes defended, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery
Last week’s ranking: 8
Stock: RISING

Our only knock on Ryans all season has been the lack of big plays he has recorded while racking up huge tackle totals. Evidently, Ryans was listening, because he handed in a season’s worth on Sunday against the Raiders. His efforts earned him PFW Defensive Player of the Week in the NFL and put him on top of the race for Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

Link (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Rookie+of+the+Year+Meter/2006/roy120606.htm)

getball2dre
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
If Demeco does not win DROY, that will definitely be a tragedy. He filled up every stat category defensively last week against Oakland and has played consistently throughout the season.

TXN008
12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Just goes to show that Houston athletes are "sooo" under-appreciated. It doesn't matter what sport it is, our athletes never can get the recognition they so deserve.:respect:

Bongo59
12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Boy people are dumb. And they jacked Demeco. No respect. I hate Vince Young and I hate Reggie Bush. I'm just so freakin tired of hearing or reading about them all the time.should have drafted him then.