PDA

View Full Version : What this game showed...

El Tejano
12-04-2006, 10:52 AM
A)It is time to go ahead and let go of Carr. I've been his biggest supporter so I am not saying this from a Carr Hater standpoint. I am saying this as a fan.

Our team showed yesterday that they can and want to win without him.

B) OUr first round pick needs to be Adrian Peterson and if he is gone before we pick (because Oakland jut stepped in front of us), then we need to go with an offensive lineman.

C) We need to build the defense around Demeco Ryans. The kid simply stepped up as the face of this franchise. I know I mentioned going offense first in the draft but FA can be where we get our defensive dudes.

D) We missed Mathis. I can only imagine how many more games we could've won if that kid was on our team earlier in the season.

DayneBum
12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
it also showed, What a 100% healthy Ron Dayne can Do, when u just give him the ball.

real
12-04-2006, 11:00 AM
This game showed that Carr was worse than I thought he was...

MightyTExan
12-04-2006, 11:08 AM
It showed Kubiak figured out what Capers couldn't. How to win despite Carr.

Charter PSL Fan
12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
It showed that our pass protection sucks

Second Honeymoon
12-04-2006, 11:11 AM
This game showed Carr's true potential as a NFL QB.
This game showed DeMeco as the potential Pro Bowl player that he is.
This game showed what Kubiak thinks of Carr's ability as a QB.
This game showed that the Raiders, not the Texans, have the worst offense in the NFL.
This game showed that Ron Dayne can be productive when he isn't overweight or injured.
This game showed the Carr Homers once and for all that Carr is a horrible QB.

dougftw

kcwilson
12-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Sadly, I am afraid to say, that I have straddled the fence for long enough and really want to keep supporting Carr, but after watching his performance yesterday, I have officially fallen off the fence onto the side of "evil"... I hate to negatively root on the Texans, but time has come... we need a QB that can take this team to the next level. OL aside, Carr's true colors about handling pressure keep showing... too much pressure and he can't take care of the ball and the game moves too fast for him...

On the TD pass, you see Moulds running across the middle and beat his man by two steps and Carr never looks at him. Seeing Eric Mould's running with a hand in the air was the final straw for me... then Carr was stripped, and a TD.

kingh99
12-04-2006, 11:19 AM
it also showed, What a 100% healthy Ron Dayne can Do, when u just give him the ball.

I give him mad props for going out there yesterday and actually churning threw some of the tackles. That was an improvement. He could back up. He's an adequate back up.

Nawzer
12-04-2006, 11:25 AM
This is the only time I've ever felt embarassed after a win. I know the defense played great and made big plays, special team was actually special, and running game was solid. But with a -5 pass yards and the o-line not bothering to protect David Carr it was hard to believe that you can actually win this way. I've been a DC guy and I always thought that given a chance he can be a decent qb in this league. The mistakes he makes continuously is not excusable anymore. For example, when there is a pass rush coming from either side he doesn't move or get away from the rush, he stand there and just keep on taking big hits. I understand the Raiders were putting tremendous pressure, but it's DC fundamentals that are failing him. If there is rush from the side you step into the pockets, stand tall, and deliver a catchable pass. If there is a rush from the middle you can move away from it and deliver a pass. And if there is a rush from all sides and angles just step back and throw it away or go to your outlet guy. Mistakes like this keeps on happening and Kubiak can try all he wants but Carr's time is over. DC is a standup guy but he shouldn't be the starting qb of the Texans anymore and certainly not next year.

DayneBum
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I give him mad props for going out there yesterday and actually churning threw some of the tackles. That was an improvement. He could back up. He's an adequate back up.

Yea mabe in NY, SD, KC, or anywhere there is a proven back. But not here in Houston.

Double Barrel
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
A)It is time to go ahead and let go of Carr. I've been his biggest supporter so I am not saying this from a Carr Hater standpoint. I am saying this as a fan.

B) OUr first round pick needs to be Adrian Peterson and if he is gone before we pick (because Oakland jut stepped in front of us), then we need to go with an offensive lineman.

C) We need to build the defense around Demeco Ryans. The kid simply stepped up as the face of this franchise. I know I mentioned going offense first in the draft but FA can be where we get our defensive dudes.

D) We missed Mathis. I can only imagine how many more games we could've won if that kid was on our team earlier in the season.

I agree with all of these points. It's time to move on with someone else at QB, and I wish Carr all the best in his future endeavors. But stick a fork in him, he's done in Houston.

DeMeco is a beast, and will be the face of a dominant defense in Houston. Mario and D.Rob will be major components, as well, but having a MLB that is high caliber like Ryans is something that doesn't come along too often. Thank our lucky stars for the best draft (yet) in the Texans short history.

Hopefully the o-line is one of our main priorities in the off-season. Not only do we need more talent, but we need depth, as well. Kubiak's entire offensive scheme is based upon a consistent running attack, so I'm sure the line will be one of his primary concerns.

phantom17
12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Man, I hate to say it but we NEED another QB ASAP! I had enough of Carr as a QB, it just took me 5 long years to admit......that he SUCKS! Coach Kubiak has done alot for this team than Capers/Pappa Cass has in 4 yrs! The Coach need a new QB to groom for the future & Carr is not the one! However, I don't see a QB in this yrs Draft that warrents the team selecting one in the 1st RD, I hope I'm wrong.:mario2: :mario3: :spy:

TransplantTexan1
12-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Sadly, I am afraid to say, that I have straddled the fence for long enough and really want to keep supporting Carr, but after watching his performance yesterday, I have officially fallen off the fence onto the side of "evil"... I hate to negatively root on the Texans, but time has come... we need a QB that can take this team to the next level. OL aside, Carr's true colors about handling pressure keep showing... too much pressure and he can't take care of the ball and the game moves too fast for him...

On the TD pass, you see Moulds running across the middle and beat his man by two steps and Carr never looks at him. Seeing Eric Mould's running with a hand in the air was the final straw for me... then Carr was stripped, and a TD.

This had me nauseated the rest of the day. I couldn't believe what I was watching.

El Tejano
12-05-2006, 10:07 AM
After reading some of Kubiak's Monday presser I have to say he is a very patient person. The only thing Kubiak isn't understanding is how us the fans have been more than patient enough for alot longer than he has had to be.

Honestly I am going to pray for David Carr, I mean I am really literally going to pray for him and his faith. I am going to pray that the team not give up on him for the rest of the season.

Tailgate
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
It showed that our pass protection sucks

THANK YOU!!!! There is practically ZERO talk about how beat up, and pathetic our pass protection is. Am I the only one who saw the Raiders collapse the "pocket" after about 2 seconds every pass play???

El Tejano
12-05-2006, 11:03 AM
THANK YOU!!!! There is practically ZERO talk about how beat up, and pathetic our pass protection is. Am I the only one who saw the Raiders collapse the "pocket" after about 2 seconds every pass play???

You aren't the only person but this has pretty much been the last straw, especially even on a day where we see VY beat the Colts in only two tries and we don't after Carr has gone O-9 against Indy.

Basically even when he has had time he hasn't done much. This is kind of balling up for me from the Buffalo game.

dantem
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
It showed me that ...

Our current O-line cannot pass protect against Oakland - the # 1 pass defense in the league. (Big surprise)

Mario Williams, even with a hurt foot, still has to be double teamed.

DeMeco Ryans is a Pro Bowl player in his rookie year.

Ron Dayne can run if the other team is not expecting him to.

David Carr still looses the ball when hit under pressure, Ive seen the best in the league do the same. (nothing new)

Our corners cannot cover well, they seem to like to tackle after the catch instead of disrupting.

Andre Johnson does not drop every other pass if you don't throw any to him.

Our coaches have forgotten that Owen Daniels is on our team.

Our punter still cannot kick more than 30 yards (and he is critical for field position battles)

Our FG kicker can only hit the uprights or miss the FG in critical situations, otherwise he does fine.

Second Honeymoon
12-05-2006, 12:58 PM
You aren't the only person but this has pretty much been the last straw, especially even on a day where we see VY beat the Colts in only two tries and we don't after Carr has gone O-9 against Indy.

Basically even when he has had time he hasn't done much. This is kind of balling up for me from the Buffalo game.

VY should have beat Peyton in his first NFL start. He got a bit unlucky in the 4th quarter but had the lead for most of the game. VY pulled Peyton's heart out on Sunday. it was awesome and gave me more entertainment than the Texans have since Game1 against Dallas.

but whatever, its more important to stand by your QB and be a homer than actually desire an entertaining product. Right?

NFLforher
12-05-2006, 01:48 PM

No.

dtran04
12-05-2006, 01:56 PM
VY should have beat Peyton in his first NFL start. He got a bit unlucky in the 4th quarter but had the lead for most of the game. VY pulled Peyton's heart out on Sunday. it was awesome and gave me more entertainment than the Texans have since Game1 against Dallas.

but whatever, its more important to stand by your QB and be a homer than actually desire an entertaining product. Right?

Nobody says you HAVE to be a Texan fan. I'm guessing you'll root for the Titans this week anyway. Why waste your time here?

Hulk75
12-05-2006, 02:01 PM

I will remeber all these people backing out of the Carr support, NO need to explain my self I will just note it.

wrestler4life
12-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Just curious...
I did not get to watch the game. Was the poor passing game really David's fault, or was it the O-line, or both?
I think that he needs to do a lot better, obviously. I think that if he does not get it going at some time during the remaining games, then learning time or not, I am done with him.

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
This game showed Carr's true potential as a NFL QB.
This game showed DeMeco as the potential Pro Bowl player that he is.
This game showed what Kubiak thinks of Carr's ability as a QB.
This game showed that the Raiders, not the Texans, have the worst offense in the NFL.
This game showed that Ron Dayne can be productive when he isn't overweight or injured.
This game showed the Carr Homers once and for all that Carr is a horrible QB.

dougftw

i think oakland's offence looked better than ours- they moved the ball(running and passing) b4 screwing up-missed fg's, stupid fumbles etc

real
12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Just curious...
I did not get to watch the game. Was the poor passing game really David's fault, or was it the O-line, or both?
I think that he needs to do a lot better, obviously. I think that if he does not get it going at some time during the remaining games, then learning time or not, I am done with him.

IMO, it was a mixture of both...

But the OL only has one player on it that has been starting from day 1....

Carr Needs to play better than he did and not fit in with the bunch....

He is supposed to be THE man, and he's playing like a third stringer.....

Maddict5
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
I will remeber all these people backing out of the Carr support, NO need to explain my self I will just note it.

and i will note you noting people:cool:

heres what i posted after watching the game:
sorry but today was the day i switched sides on Carr ...i agree the fumbles aren't all his fault- its the way he makes the short read and 95% of the time will throw to them even if he doesnt have that much pressure on him- you could see today that alot of times oakland knew what was coming and didnt respect the long ball at all which kept the whole defence compact in

ive been pro-carr all along...and the protection was horrible today- BUT carr was still horrific- the fumbles i dont even mind so much but the dump-offs were extremely annoying-1 attempted deep shot to moulds in the 1st q and thats it-not even an intermediate route...we could use van pelt if we're going to do that..and he wont cost a fraction of what carr makes....

i think the play that made me decide carr was never going the make it was maybe his 2nd fumble?.. he made his read-nothing there..so he slid right a bit..then after about 3 seconds(got good protection for a change)..he got all antsy for no reason

Just curious...

both-see above

HOU-TEX
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
i think oakland's offence looked better than ours- they moved the ball(running and passing) b4 screwing up-missed fg's, stupid fumbles etc

They were better. The Raiders had over 300 yards of offense. I think we were around 150. That was all rushing. Woohoo!:tearup:

El Tejano
12-05-2006, 03:31 PM

I got no problem eating my words if he turns it around but 5 years and he hasn't shown a sign of getting any better, I like my chances. I will continue to support him as our current QB but I want his job up for grabs.

JDizzle
12-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Just curious...

It was both. Winston had his lunch money taken several times, but in his defense it was against one of the better edge rushers in the NFL. Carr's mental vacations just made matters worse. When you take crap and add it to crap you get alot of crap and that was the case on Sunday.

kingh99
12-05-2006, 05:27 PM
It was both. Winston had his lunch money taken several times, but in his defense it was against one of the better edge rushers in the NFL. Carr's mental vacations just made matters worse. When you take crap and add it to crap you get alot of crap and that was the case on Sunday.

DC takes mental vacations? I prefer to call it the milkshake effect. For a man to be a man, he has to know his limits.

DC is just all around too pampered. Did dude ever live a day of his life without a mom or a wife? Hardship? I tell you being raised tough toughens you. Guys like todd Marinovich and DC are showing up at a gang war with a lawyer and a dad. This is why VY will bust his ass every day until he makes it to the top and DC will end up a small footnote.

BradK10
12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
I 2nd what was said about Mathis....man it was great to have him back...yet not much talk about it.