PDA

View Full Version : WHAT do u carr lovers propose???

thetexanator
12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
whats it gunna take for u guys to give carr some blame?? how many pro bowlers does this line need for u guys to finally lay the wood to his bhutt? If its the line, how much do u guys wanna overpay for some oliine??? or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?
lets look at the titans oline, what do they have??? mawae? olsen? would they make enough of a difference for u guys?? would we beat the giants or the colts if we had those guys???? would carr lead us to victory then??

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
whats it gunna take for u guys to give carr some blame?? how many pro bowlers does this line need for u guys to finally lay the wood to his bhutt? If its the line, how much do u guys wanna overpay for some oliine??? or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?
lets look at the titans oline, what do they have??? mawae? olsen? would they make enough of a difference for u guys?? would we beat the giants or the colts if we had those guys???? would carr lead us to victory then??

So are you finally admitting this is a bad football team and a bad offensive line?

Or are you so blind to think that ONLY CARR plays bad?

ib4texans

No! We'll just let him keep playing behind this same old *******y O-line. Eventually he will look like a bus has ran him over repeatedly. Then we can drag him behind a pickup truck all the way out of town. Make you happy now?

mean mark8
I think Carr should go to the Colts. It's obviously their o-line that makes that team great. Or the Patriots, remember how pathetic their o-line was until they got that immobile Bledsoe out of there for Brady. Wait, is it the o-line or the QB here???

Goldeagle
12-03-2006, 11:58 PM
The Colts O-line is pretty good, bute GET AWAY with a lot of stuff

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 12:05 AM
or how about we draft some oline and give carr another 3 years until the line gel's?

Three years to gel??

the Jets have two rookies on their OL.... they didn't need three years to gel.

The Cowboys have three new starters on their OL..... MarcColombo, Marco Rivera, & Kyle Kosier..... all reasonably paid FAs. & they aren't looking to gel in the next two years.

Just saying..... you don't need three years to gel.

Mattheus_Rex
12-04-2006, 01:50 AM
The question is, what is proposed by Carr haters. And I mean realistic propositions, because realistically, 1) your going to get just another mediocre QB to blame all the problems on, 2) he's being paid too much to leave. I'm not a Carr lover or a hater, but it seems obvious to me that replacing one position is not going to make this team playoff potential.

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 01:59 AM
The question is, what is proposed by Carr haters. And I mean realistic propositions, because realistically, 1) your going to get just another mediocre QB to blame all the problems on, 2) he's being paid too much to leave. I'm not a Carr lover or a hater, but it seems obvious to me that replacing one position is not going to make this team playoff potential.

I propose that we let it go another year. Let Kubiak finish what he started. Or at least try to.

Zac
12-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Carr is afraid of making mistakes.

He knows that the EYES of Houston are on him. There are the people who have been gunning for his head, but now there are the Vince fans who've turned on him. And their brothers included also turned on them. That means a whole heck of a lots and lots of people!

If you see him, he makes the throws. But he doesn't lead.

He is every bit as talented a Quarterback as most NFL fans would be happy with. But he lacks the intangibles.

The thing is that in the past it wasn't his fault they lost, but he took the fault. Now, it is his fault. He's can't pick up his teamates when they are having bad days. Great quarterbacks know how to step it up when one area of the team ain't working. HE JUST GOES THROUGH THE MOTIONS!!!

Carr just got a lot of money this summer. Because he is an amply physically talented quarterback. But, if the guys around him don't beleive in him, and he can't get their respect, HE MUST EXIT THE SITUATION!!

Cut your losses Texans. Carr hasn't figured out how to pick up his teamates in 5 fricken years. It's not always his fault, but he's never does anything special. Let's face it, people keep jobs because they go above the call of duty. When a guy is making 10 million dollars a years, it sort of expected.

Bye bye Carr!!!

Mattheus_Rex
12-04-2006, 02:34 AM

Well same thing can be said of the Carr lover's. We have changed coaches and we got some decent offensive linemen. They still complain that its either the coaches fault or its the offensive lineman's fault. Its our turn to have a change and it seems to be the QB's fault.

I think it's the team's fault. I don't understand how anyone can think that there would be that big of a change in one season.

phan1
12-04-2006, 02:54 AM
He was really horrible today. I'm really thinking we should start grooming another QB, cause I'm not sure how long this Carr experiment is going to last. He had a terrible game today, and while the Oline was bad, they did allow Carr a chance to make a play. He wasn't able to make any today. He was almost as bad as in the Titans game. Absolutely patheic, and there isn't anyone on that offense that you could stick your finger at other than Carr. There were windows of opportunitied for him today, even though they were small. Good QBs find a way to make things happen when given that chance. Carr didn't do it today. He was abysmal.

Malloy
12-04-2006, 04:40 AM
What scares me about Carr is that he's had, what some would call the best QB-coach in the league, to tutor him for the last 10 months, yet he still makes tons of real stupid mistakes. Is he beyond reach, I think he may be.

Wolf
12-04-2006, 06:22 AM
you guys are relentless, Yes Carr had a horrible game and deserves the criticism.

my problem with you haters is there is no objectivity.

When Carr's stats are good we get a "L" all you haters jump on the bandwagon of only "W's " and "L's" matter and the TEAM lost.

(buffalo thread ring a bell?)

Thanks to Demeco, we got a "W" and now it is about Carr's stats ...(I thought stats didn't matter just "Ws" and "L's"?

pick a side of the fence and stay with it

dbspi
12-04-2006, 06:42 AM
I propose that we let it go another year. Let Kubiak finish what he started. Or at least try to.

I don't know Coach will ever be able to fix Carr's problem in another year but one thing is clear Dom Capers was given 3 years to show improvements with the team before he was let go and the same time table stands for Gary Kubiak.

Coach K has the work cut out for him to get this team to 500 ball club or better by end of three years. This is coach K first year as a Texan Coach. So now Kubiak has two more years to produce results. He has to show this team is headed in the right direction and is closer to play off during this time duration.

(We are paying the price for all our wasted draft picks and bad personnel move over past 4 years).

For all the Carr lovers that wants him to stick around one more year, I have a feeling that if Texans don't find replacement for Carr this off season (draft or free agency) then we might see both Carr and Kubiak leave at the same time. David Carr's contracts runs another 2 years after this one. NFL is a business and every year coaches get fired because they didn't meet the expectations and Kubiak is not exception to this rule. He will be provided for all the resources necessary to improve the team with Carr or with out Carr.

I am not a Carr lover or hater but one thing is very clear to me that Carr is nothing more then a below average game manager and in order for him to succeed he needs studs at every position because he is not capable of bringing the team back on his shoulders like Payton Manning, Rivers or some of the elite QB.

Five years a long time for any kind of QB to show what he has and so far Carr has not shown anything to us. Sometimes I wonder what kind of learning curve is he on. I am sure Brady Quinn or Kevin Kolb don't require the same learning curve as Carr has been on.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
12-04-2006, 07:11 AM
I have stood behind Carr through thick and thin, but I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. I also don't know how much longer my patience will last with this organizations' inability to find decent and consistent pass protection. The fumbles can't be pinned on the oline. The sacks can't be even near all David's fault. The bottom line (no pun intended) is that none of it makes you feel excited and confident about the Texans' chances each Sunday.

My wife talked me into keeping my season tickets this year. I doubt, at this point, that she will be able to repeat the feat next year. I'm frustrated and just plain tired of paying big entertainment money for marginal entertainment value. The tickets and the parking passes are expensive enough, but then you have the gasoline, tailgating goodies, concessions, gear, etc to pay for.

I'm sick and tired, and I just can't take it anymore.

They say in the NFL that it is all about getting a 'W' anyway you can, but I would argue that the way this team plays offense is offensive to my senses.

Keldar
12-04-2006, 07:14 AM

.....we got some decent offensive linemen.

I curious as to exactly who you think that is. No need to name them, cuz I would not agree to call any of our linemen better than mediocre. Spencer showed promise, but that has been a moot point for several games now.

Don't get me wrong, Carr has numerous faults associated with pocket presence and happy feet. However, for a second or two, you must have a pocket to be present in. With our line, he doesn't have even that a lot of the time.

TexanBorn51
12-04-2006, 07:21 AM
When I observe about how Carr had some great days statistically it's recorded. When I read about the QB standings and he was in the top 2 in certain areas. When I watch about Carr having a good day but they lose. When I hear about all the OL injuries and running back changes and injuries(DD) of rookies and vets. When I watch losing a few games by less than seven. When I read about presently the winning record is better than years past with four games yet to play. So after all this Carr has a bad day yesterday and guess what they win. Sounds more like anything other than a Carr problem. It may be a small part to a larger formula to putting wins in column. I say wait for all the year ending injuries to recover next year, most players will have another year together, draft and FA fill other positions i.e. OL, RB DB's, future young QB, and give the Kube more than one year to keep turning it around for godsake.

Malloy
12-04-2006, 07:32 AM
you guys are relentless, Yes Carr had a horrible game and deserves the criticism.

When Carr's stats are good we get a "L" all you haters jump on the bandwagon of only "W's " and "L's" matter and the TEAM lost.

Just for the record, I'm not a Carr hater, in general I don't 'hate' anyone :)

FanFromCali
12-04-2006, 07:36 AM
There is way too much emphasis put on a QB in regards to the success of a team.

At this point even though I have supported him over the years I have to say Carr probably isn't the future of this franchise. But I also don't think anyone with any sense of how football is played or general objectivity can say:

1. He is the worst part of the team.

2. He is the direct reason why the Texans lose games.

3. Another QB would take this team into the playoffs.

If this team were a science experiment any eight-grade Biology student would laugh at the theory that Carr is the reason for the losses. The fact remains that there are way too many X-factors to put it all on him. It is hard to admit this but the Texans are horrible. No real running game to count on, WR that drop passes, and perhaps the worst offensive line in football. Again, too many X-factors to put this all on Carr.

One last point, which team do you honestly think would have a better record this season? Peyton Manning with the Texans or Carr with the Colts? Honestly I believe you have to go with Carr. Ask the Bears, Ravens, and Broncos whether or not having a below average QB will destroy a team. Conversely, ask the Bengals how much having a great QB has helped them. Not much this year with the rest of the team struggling.

Does all of this mean will should accept mediocrity from the QB position? No. But does it mean that replacing Carr without fixing the other problems on the team is going to equal success? Absolutely not.

BTW, the Titans suck and I hate them. Just thought I would add that for no particular reason than it is true.

real
12-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Does all of this mean will should accept mediocrity from the QB position? No. But does it mean that replacing Carr without fixing the other problems on the team is going to equal success? Absolutely not.

I highlighted this statement because it was said as if it were a truism....

Question: Do you think there were fans just like you in Dallas before Romo became the guy ?

I'm pretty sure there were fans complaining about the line.....The running game...The defense.....

But low and behold a single change of the QB and all of a sudden the Cowboys are on top of the world....You'd be surprised what good pocket presence can do for a TEAM...

Question: If losing a QB can have the affect of making a team horrible....Why can't the opposite be true ? The Colts are better with Manning....worse without him....The Patriots....It can even be said for other positions....Texans Defense is better with Meco.....I'd hate to think of it without him.....See......1 player can affect the team....

It would be nice if we could get all of those "other things" fixed....It would be nice if we could have a defense as good as that Ravens Superbowl team....But we don't....Winning teams in the NFL have always been highlighted by good QB play....David Carr had -5 passing yards yesterday....There is no way that we excel as a team on special teams...defense...and running the ball...and then manage to leave with less passing yards than we came with......LMAO!!!!....

Chicagotexan1
12-04-2006, 07:55 AM
I used to be a big Carr supporter, but after yesterdays game I am now convinced that he is not the guy for us going forward. I hope we go in new direction next season. Having said that I have no regrets over not choosing the madison messiah of football. I am very happy with the player we did take.

FanFromCali
12-04-2006, 08:17 AM
But low and behold a single change of the QB and all of a sudden the Cowboys are on top of the world....

Cowboys have a good defense and a solid running game. Their O-line is average however (though average is much better than what the Texans have). Thus, this is not a realistic comparison.

You are right, one player can make a difference on a team. But the Texans (God, it hurts to say this twice in a row) are terrible in so many areas I don't think it will make much difference until we change more parts.

As well, don't forget that QB is the one position on the team that is absolutely totally reliant on other players doing their job. Wideouts can make a "circus catch" on a bad throw, running backs often have to compensate for not having a hole to run through, but a QB needs everyone to do their job to be successful.

Here is a scenario to emphasize this: A QB takes a bad snap that has slowed down his reading time. The line misses a block and now multiple defenders are coming in at him full-steam because the running game is not a threat. The QB somehow eludes the rush and quickly discovers his primary receiver is running the wrong route. Despite all of this the QB gets off a perfectly throw, miraculously accurate spiral to his third read receiver that hits him right in the numbers, and the wideout drops it. Again, for a QB to be successful he needs the team. Is the opposite true? Sure, to some extent. But not nearly as much.

One final note to your repose that a good QB can make up for a lot of inadequacies on a team. Ok, fair enough. But I challenge you to find one Superbowl winning team that had a great QB but average to below average team. Let me help you, you won't. However, there are several examples of below average QBs winning the Superbowl because the team was great.

Again, this does not men the team should not seriously look at replacing Carr. It simply means that doing so is neither a number one priority nor a recipe for instant success.

Stampede
12-04-2006, 08:23 AM
"Grooming" in a new quarterback seems to be a bit of a stretch. It implies that the youngster will be brought along gently with the greatest of care. Considering the present state of our offensive line, perhaps "hazing" in a new quarterback would be a more acurate statement.
Do we really want this? Beef up the security forces before you bring in the president lest he be staked beneath the sun and left to the buzzards. I hope after 5 long years that we have at the very least, learned this lesson.

real
12-04-2006, 08:40 AM
You are right, one player can make a difference on a team. But the Texans (God, it hurts to say this twice in a row) are terrible in so many areas I don't think it will make much difference until we change more parts.

No one is saying we go from basement to elite with a change of the QB....

You guys didn't to too well with analogies, huh ?

Carr is to the Texans as Bledsoe is to ________

Romo is to the Cowboys as a better QB is to________

Simple analogy....

Again...

No one is saying we go from bottom dwellers to elite with a QB change....I'm just saying that we "get better".....

real
12-04-2006, 08:42 AM
One final note to your repose that a good QB can make up for a lot of inadequacies on a team. Ok, fair enough. But I challenge you to find one Superbowl winning team that had a great QB but average to below average team. Let me help you, you won't.

Follow the analogy rule...

And the difference between Carr and other mediocre QB's that went to Superbowls is that those QB's didn't do things to hurt their teams...They may have not made the eye popping plays, but they manged the game well, and limited their mistakes....Carr hurts us at this point more than he helps....

kingh99
12-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Follow the analogy rule...

And the difference between Carr and other mediocre QB's that went to Superbowls is that those QB's didn't do things to hurt their teams...They may have not made the eye popping plays, but they manged the game well, and limited their mistakes....Carr hurts us at this point more than he helps....

He could be worse. Look at what the Chicago QB did yesterday. At least Carr takes a sack rather than throw a panic pass that gets picked.

kingh99
12-04-2006, 08:46 AM

I see you working. Go with your strengths. Looks like the defense could be the strength with another impact player or two so just try and as long as the offense doesn't blow it, it's okay. Play it like previous Ravens today's Chicago team. Running game and control passing. It's just that Dave is so very, very blonde. I cannot blame our line for the sacks. Those are decision falls by David. He decides it's happening too fast so rather than toss it up, he goes down. In a way that's a good thing. Sometimes it's better not to try and do too much. He's just so average. We gotta beat VY next week. Come on defense and special teams, carry us!

real
12-04-2006, 08:51 AM
He could be worse. Look at what the Chicago QB did yesterday. At least Carr takes a sack rather than throw a panic pass that gets picked.

I don't know whose worse out of Grossman or Carr....

If I were starting a franchise I wouldn't want either honestly....

coachdent
12-04-2006, 08:54 AM
The Texans attempted 25 passes yesterday.
Carr was forced to pull it down three times.
He was sacked five times.
He was knocked down after releasing the ball at least six times that I saw.

That translates into being upright 56% of the time. Not good at all.
Being sacked 20% of the time when you throw is not good at all.

real
12-04-2006, 08:56 AM
The Texans attempted 25 passes yesterday.
Carr was forced to pull it down three times.
He was sacked five times.
He was knocked down after releasing the ball at least six times that I saw.

That translates into being upright 56% of the time. Not good at all.
Being sacked 20% of the time when you throw is not good at all.

Especially when you're bringing some off those sacks on yourself...

FanFromCali
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
No one is saying we go from bottom dwellers to elite with a QB change....I'm just saying that we "get better".....

Yes, but again your "simple analogy" is faulty because we are talking about two different teams with two totally different sets of personnel. The Cowboys (now I am really getting sick to my stomach) are just a better team to begin with. Yes, Romo has proven at this stage to be a better QB than Bledsoe but they only started winning because the rest of the team played to their abilities. Did Romo help with that, sure. But could a change at QB for the Texans have the same result? Probably not...

In other words, yes, the Texans would get slightly improve if they had a better QB. But the level of success they would experience is negligible because there are too many missing parts for a QB to truly be successful on this team. This was not the case with the Cowboys. Look at this weeks game as evidence. Romo played fairly poorly but the Cowboys still won.

However, you did make a good point that at this point Carr is doing more right now to hurt the team more than helping it. I can't argue with that. (Way too many fumbles.) We will just agree to disagree on everything else.

Go Texans!

Haams
12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I often get labelled a "Carr hater" even though I am not. I loved him the first two seasons. After that he has just seemed so beat up and scared. I don't think he really plays to win anymore, he tries not to lose. In all honesty too, some QB's take a lot of sacks. There have been a lot of bad O-Line's in the NFL, but never a QB who gets hit as often as Carr. I'm a believer that Carr could be a good QB if he had a great O-Line, but even with a great O-Line he will still get hit fairly often.

As a solution for us...Let's bench him more often. I wouldn't mind seing Rosenfels a little more this season just to see what we look like with another QB. At least then we would have an idea of what Carr adds or takes away from this team. Come next season we can bring in somebody to compete with, not replace, Carr. Hopefully, competition will bring back some of the things we saw from the old Carr. I like some aspects of Carr, and I think if he were willing to scramble more often and throw the ball downfield he could be alright. After he got benched this year he came back and played what I thought was one of his best games against the Giants. I say we upgrade at second string and be quick to yank Carr if he's not performing.

real
12-04-2006, 09:08 AM
In other words, yes, the Texans would get slightly improve if they had a better QB. But the level of success they would experience is negligible because there are too many missing parts for a QB to truly be successful on this team.

That is arguable....

But my point was that there were fans saying the same thing before Romo took over.....

I'm not saying it's a sure thing that we go from poor to really good...But it's not out of the question....

Im more so saying that we get better with a better QB...I don't have any doubt about that...

Carr managed to leave the game a worse QB than he was when he had arrived....Statistically speaking....

You have Eric Moulds...Andre Johnson...A good pass catching TE in Daniels, and Putzier....A pretty good running game.....

And you manage -5 yrds passing ? I'm sorry....As bad as the rest of the team may be Carr is our downfall....

kingh99
12-04-2006, 09:09 AM
I curious as to exactly who you think that is. No need to name them, cuz I would not agree to call any of our linemen better than mediocre. Spencer showed promise, but that has been a moot point for several games now.

Don't get me wrong, Carr has numerous faults associated with pocket presence and happy feet. However, for a second or two, you must have a pocket to be present in. With our line, he doesn't have even that a lot of the time.

Stop blaming the line. 3/4 of the sacks are because he lacks the gravitas to make the proper audible as the defense adjusts. He's weak like the guy he faced yesterday is weak in the intangibles. DC could avoid 3/4 of his sacks if he learned how to read NFL defenses. Since this is his 4th year or whatever, what you get is what you get. He's a slow witted guy like Aaron Brooks and those guys won't take you very far unless you have a young Jamaal Lewis rushing and a young Ray Lewis leading the defense.

real
12-04-2006, 09:09 AM
As a solution for us...Let's bench him more often. I wouldn't mind seing Rosenfels a little more this season just to see what we look like with another QB.

Sage is hurt....

But IMO, had he been there Carr would have been benched this past game...

kingh99
12-04-2006, 09:12 AM
DC must not really enjoy the study work it takes to be a great QB. He's not prepared. The Coach is all over his ass because of his decision making. Tells me he's not prepared or not sharp enough to know how to prepare. Maybe he needs a study coach.:phone:

bad
12-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow. I agree with Thunderkyss. Stop the presses.

Personally I think Carr should go somewhere else, for everyone's sake. He has zero goodwill left here. However, I think Kubiak will give Carr one more year (probably drafting a QB in the middle rounds).

The fact still remains, we need a decent NFL offensive line and we've never had one. I'm not even asking for one pro-bowler, just a decent, competent, serviceable offensive line.

Please, Santa.

L33Z71
12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I have always been a bit of a Carr hater. I have not supported the Texans decision from day 1 to draft this man. And I have not been proven wrong in the long run. I WILL say, that I was optimistic at the start of this season, was really hoping that Kubiak could mold Carr and that he would show some glimses of Brilliance.

I was not expecting the world from this team, not a playoff run, not even a winning season. We have made improvements no doubt. The defense is actually looking really good, at times the special teams is good, although I think as bas as our offense is, we could invest in a better punter than Chad Stanley.

But Carr has not disappointed how bad he is. Now I know, he has had some good games this season, and has fooled me into thinking that he has turned the corner a few times. I have been critical that stats don't count and wins in the column do. I honestly think that Sage, had he been healthy would have started out the second half of this game. Sad thing is that Bradlee Van Pelt is not ready and is not the answer. We are stuck with Carr for the rest of this season, and I think he deserves it, if for no other reason than to let Kubiak see what many of us have seen all along.

I don't know what the answer is. Obviously the offense as a whole is horrible. The offensive line is beat up, the running game-inconsistant, the passing game-well we still have Carr. Its sad when the only thing you have to be thankful for is Ron Dayne. The receivers never had a chance to make a play cause Kubiak was afraid to call a pass play. There was one play in-particular that resulted in a sack, and I could almost literally hear Carr saying to himself what do I do, what do i do, oh crap. He looked like a lost puppy in the middle of a busy intersection. I don't buy the excuse that he doesn't have an offensive line to play behind anymore, I've seen guys play with lines just like ours this year.

But what is the answer? I don't think we could get much for Carr. And who is out there to replace him. Please don't say Jake Plummer. I am tired of Denver and Green Bay Rejects already. And I don't think that there is really any standout QB's coming out this year, at least not any that can come out and make plays. Truth is we have a lot of holes in both offense and defense and likely not enough money to fill them all.

QB/RB/OL/S/CB/K/P all seem like they are important spaces to make headway in. What do we concentrate on and hope that one helps the other?

Haams
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
QB/RB/OL/S/CB/K/P all seem like they are important spaces to make headway in. What do we concentrate on and hope that one helps the other?

I say defense. Especially secondary. Since we made Mario our man let's build the team around him and hope we can get such a solid D that we only need a mediocre offense. I've got faith in Kubiak being able to provide that as he gets his systems set up.

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 12:05 PM

(buffalo thread ring a bell?)

Thanks to Demeco, we got a "W" and now it is about Carr's stats ...(I thought stats didn't matter just "Ws" and "L's"?

pick a side of the fence and stay with it

Ok..... take the stats out.. forget about them. Name one good thing Carr did yesterday. Give us one example of how he helped our team win this ballgame.

Second Honeymoon
12-04-2006, 12:19 PM
The Carr lovers are so clueless they have posted that he should be in the ProBowl...if that isn't ignorant wtf is?

as for what they propose? they propose nothing? they are ignorant automatons who think that because someone is drafted #1 overall that somehow means that he is going to be a good QB.

They blame everyone and anything except the root of the problem. The crappy QB named Carr.

Please diaf.

thanks

thunderkyss
12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Now see...... I said to give him one more year. I'm not a big Carr fan, but I remember years one & two, where it looked like the kid had promise.

there are a couple of things I'd have thought Carr would be doing by now.

Kubiak has told him before several games, when the opposing team has a good pass rush.... that he won't have all day to hold the ball. & I've said his better games are when he is decisive. I saw three sacks where David pulled the ball down, then consequently got a sack. I don't blame this on the OL, because if David had thrown the ball, there would've been no sack.

Now let's say the man he wanted to throw the ball to was covered. If it was man to man, I expect David to put the ball where our reciever can make a play on the ball. Not a jump ball that is overthrown to a DB on top of our reciever, or a jumpball that is underthrown to the underneath coverage. But with our recievers (Moulds & AJ) there should be at least one spot where the ball can be thrown.

If our reciever is doubled, where there is no place to throw the ball, then I expect David to throw the ball away. Coach told him he won't have all day.... I think he is better when he is decisive. If he'd have thrown the ball away on those three occasions(that I saw) he wouldn't have fumbled the ball twice, he wouldn't have been sacked three times, and we'd have a positive passing attack. Besides, David is much worse after a sack, than he is after a pressure, or a hit. It would keep his head in the game.

I'd much rather he throw the ball away, than take off on his scrambles.......... but it's a crying shame, when Peyton Manning has more rushing yards than your QB.

so that's one thing, throwing the ball away.

the second thing is calling timeouts. If you are in a bad play situation, and your coach won't let you call an audible, or change the protection..... call a timeout. I'd much rather get my but chewed out for using all the timeouts, than for fumbling a football after being nailed by 300lb behemoths. Let coach get mad, till he understands that I can recognize a bad situation, and if he wants those timeouts later in the game, he better start letting me call audibles.

I'm somewhat dissappointed with that aspect of his game.

I'm still impressed with his toughness.....

Still can't wait till he pulls it all together.

Hottoddie
12-04-2006, 01:00 PM
I think I'll become a "Carr Hater" hater. We don't have one of those yet. :rolleyes:

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I think I'll become a "Carr Hater" hater. We don't have one of those yet. :rolleyes:

Count me in.

dantem
12-04-2006, 04:32 PM

Well same thing can be said of the Carr lover's. We have changed coaches and we got some decent offensive linemen. They still complain that its either the coaches fault or its the offensive lineman's fault. Its our turn to have a change and it seems to be the QB's fault.

If you think the O-Line that played yesterday was decent, your blind. By the 2nd quarter their D-Line was running over our Oline. CARR had less than 2 seconds to find a reciever, I went back and watched it on Tivo, average time before Carr was hit was about 2 seconds. Thats not a Decent O-Line that is a high school level O-Line.

Keldar
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Well actually in past games from what I have seen we do have some decent offensive linemen. Do you remember the Giants game? We didn't allow a sack in that game. They also allowed plenty of time for Carr to throw the ball. Carr still dink dunked his passes like his life was being threatened or something. I think the offensive linemen are losing confidence in Carr. When Sage comes in the game they also play totally different ball game than when Carr is in. Yes, we do have decent offensive linemen. A good example of how they are different around Sage was the Tennesse game where Sage almost won the game because Carr couldn't do it.

You could have a point there. :hmmm:

However, as professionals, I would expect them to give full effort regardless of who's taking the snap.